Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to allow gay marriage in Pennsylvania

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Bill to allow gay marriage in Pennsylvania

One day after the U.S. Supreme Court issued its rulings on gay marriage, two state House Democrats said Thursday that they will introduce a bill that would allow same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania.

"LGBT Pennsylvanians are seeing their neighbors in New York, Maryland and Delaware, among other states, now qualify for the approximately 1,000 federal rights and benefits that come with civil marriage and they are increasingly asking why they don't have those same rights, as well as the state rights and benefits," Sims said in the statement.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...age_in.html#/0

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Bill to allow gay marriage in Pennsylvania

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I used to care about this issue, but I don't anymore. Let them get married and be miserable for the rest of their lives like straight people do.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I used to care about this issue, but I don't anymore. Let them get married and be miserable for the rest of their lives like straight people do.
    I tend to agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    what is that?

clap three times if you're gay?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I have always been adamantly supportive of same sex couples' right to marry. I've always seen the role of government in marriage as regulating a binding contract, and their attempts to dictate which marriages are acceptable are oppressive IMO.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

As I consider marriage to be an archaic and outdated institution anyway (not to mention an increasingly bad deal legally if you're a male), I honestly don't give a damn.

I am, however, extremely tired of this being such an issue of focus for governments on both local and national levels when there are much more important problems that they continue to ignore. Massive unemployment? Nothing. Ever mounting and crushing amounts of debt? Nothing. Failing schools? Nothing. Crumbling infrastructure? Nothing. Gay marriage? Front and center on the docket!

And everybody hurry and put up those big red "equals signs" on your Facebook profiles to show how supportive you are of this!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    As I consider marriage to be an archaic and outdated institution anyway (not to mention an increasingly bad deal legally if you're a male), I honestly don't give a damn.

I am, however, extremely tired of this being such an issue of focus for governments on both local and national levels when there are much more important problems that they continue to ignore. Massive unemployment? Nothing. Ever mounting and crushing amounts of debt? Nothing. Failing schools? Nothing. Crumbling infrastructure? Nothing. Gay marriage? Front and center on the docket!

And everybody hurry and put up those big red "equals signs" on your Facebook profiles to show how supportive you are of this!
    It's no accident that politicians focus on wedge issues instead of serious matters.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Socons should be happy about this. Wait until all of the same sex couples get hit with the marriage tax penalty. They'll raise a huge fuss (and rightfully so), but libs will suddenly care about the unfairness of the penalty. Same goes for married couples having higher out of pocket costs under Obamacare.

I'll get to put up a red "=" sign in support of ending discrimination against married couples. Can't wait.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I care more about legalizing marijuana and I don't do drugs. I am also not gay, not that there's anything wrong with it....
    All Defense!

Let me explain one thing to all y'all...

from a strictly biological point of view if you want a species to go extinct or just reduce their population in the future then go ahead and pretend non-breeding pairs are OK

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...you are talking unripe fruit here except for the adoption option, not that there's anything wrong with that

other than that I don't really care what you heathens do

you will all burn when the sky gods return

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

About time since practically the entire northeast has legalized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Let me explain one thing to all y'all...

from a strictly biological point of view if you want a species to go extinct or just reduce their population in the future then go ahead and pretend non-breeding pairs are OK

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...you are talking unripe fruit here except for the adoption option, not that there's anything wrong with that

other than that I don't really care what you heathens do

you will all burn when the sky gods return

/that's 5 things...

Dwinsgames

I could tolerate such behavior much better when they where still hidden in closets , I do not want to sit in a bar or restaurant and see two dudes necking ...

sorry If that offends anyone but as Chidi said ( to somebody ) in another thread why be someone here that you are not in person .....

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I have always been adamantly supportive of same sex couples' right to marry. I've always seen the role of government in marriage as regulating a binding contract, and their attempts to dictate which marriages are acceptable are oppressive IMO.
    Do you think two guys having anal sex is "normal" or "natural" Slash?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Do you think two guys having anal sex is "normal" or "natural" Slash?
    Why do you ask?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I could tolerate such behavior much better when they where still hidden in closets , I do not want to sit in a bar or restaurant and see two dudes necking ...

sorry If that offends anyone but as Chidi said ( to somebody ) in another thread why be someone here that you are not in person .....
    Screw political correctness. I don't think most people want to see that, not even gay dudes. But let's face it... gay marriage doesn't make you any more or less likely to see that.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

You may all call me a conservative whackjob, but I believe that homosexuality can be classified in the same manner as a mental illness or disorder.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dwinsgames

Screw political correctness. I don't think most people want to see that, not even gay dudes. But let's face it... gay marriage doesn't make you any more or less likely to see that.

I am not so certain of that , the way I see it the more publicly accepted two same sex people are the more you will see it , the more you see of it the more flamboyant it will be ....

I could be wrong ( I hope I am wrong ) ....

everything starts small and gains momentum the more you see of it just like NFL TD celebrations they started small and got larger and larger until the league put their foot down and started penalizing them when crossing specific parameters of the " new rules " , rules that never existed prior to celebrations becoming prevalent...

just my take , time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    You may all call me a conservative whackjob, but I believe that homosexuality can be classified in the same manner as a mental illness or disorder.

I can't wait till the sky gods return and burn all them heathens

yea verily

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Why do you ask?
    If this is a bit too personal for you to answer I would certainly respect your rare need for privacy and not think any differently of you.

You just always seem so eager to enlighten everyone that I thought you would jump at the chance to be front and center on this.

If this is a bit too personal for you to answer I would certainly respect your rare need for privacy and not think any differently of you.

You just always seem so eager to enlighten everyone that I thought you would jump at the chance to be front and center on this.
    It's not personal at all, and I don't mind enlightening you
    That enlightenment starts with the answer to my question: "Why do you ask?" You asked me that question for a reason, and I would like to know what that reason is.

I am not so certain of that , the way I see it the more publicly accepted two same sex people are the more you will see it , the more you see of it the more flamboyant it will be ....

everything starts small and gains momentum the more you see of it just like NFL TD celebrations they started small and got larger and larger until the league put their foot down and started penalizing them when crossing specific parameters of the " new rules " , rules that never existed prior to celebrations becoming prevalent...

just my take , time will tell
    I'm thinkin' it'll go the other way. I think the whole PDA thing is really just an act of protest. I think once it gets to the point where most people react like "So you like the cack. Who freakin' cares?", it'll die out. Dudes in general aren't big into making out in public, and the gay guys I know aren't any different in that regard.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I agree with you. The only issues I have with gay marriage is the more 'ok' and 'equal' it is to be gay in the public eye, the more likely we are to see dudes kissing and making out at a bar, park, or wherever. It's not right and down right fucking disgusting. My biggest issue with it though is what comes after marriage. Kids. I think it's wrong for gay couples to bring kids into it. They might be ok with what they do, but the child has no choice or say whether or not they are brought up in that kind of environment. You can say anything you want to about how it's no different being raised by gay parents than real ones but you will never convince me.

And once it's ok for them to marry like regular couples, then adoptions are next on the ballot. It's a slippery slope as we've seen already. First it was gay marriage, now bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports are open to the opposite sex if they identify as that sex. (http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/state-ord...-open-to-boys/) Now it's OK for gay boy scout pack leaders. That's bullshit. I wouldn't my son camping in the woods gay man just the same as I wouldn't want a man as pack leader of the girl scouts or my daughter spending the night in the woods him.

If it's what you're into then fine, I don't care but keep it to yourself. I also have rights and I don't me or my children exposed to it.
    I'm sick and tired of all the political correctness surrounding this issue too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I agree with you. The only issues I have with gay marriage is the more 'ok' and 'equal' it is to be gay in the public eye, the more likely we are to see dudes kissing and making out at a bar, park, or wherever. It's not right and down right fucking disgusting. My biggest issue with it though is what comes after marriage. Kids. I think it's wrong for gay couples to bring kids into it. They might be ok with what they do, but the child has no choice or say whether or not they are brought up in that kind of environment. You can say anything you want to about how it's no different being raised by gay parents than real ones but you will never convince me.

And once it's ok for them to marry like regular couples, then adoptions are next on the ballot. It's a slippery slope as we've seen already. First it was gay marriage, now bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports are open to the opposite sex if they identify as that sex. (http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/state-ord...-open-to-boys/) Now it's OK for gay boy scout pack leaders. That's bullshit. I wouldn't my son camping in the woods gay man just the same as I wouldn't want a man as pack leader of the girl scouts or my daughter spending the night in the woods him.

If it's what you're into then fine, I don't care but keep it to yourself. I also have rights and I don't me or my children exposed to it.
    I'm sick and tired of all the political correctness surrounding this issue too.

Why do you ask?
    Checkmate.

LOL.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The next step would be to change the name of the football team from Green Bay.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The next step would be to change the name of the football team from Green Bay.

What on earth are you talking about?

Checkmate.

LOL.
    *That* doesn't come off as desperate...
    C'mon man, don't give up so easily. Just answer the question.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    ouch
    Stay classy, leftnutz

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

You know whats really disgusting? The amount of ignorant bigotry that is on display in this thread.