Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to allow gay marriage in Pennsylvania

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Bill to allow gay marriage in Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Of course being gay is unnatural. Biologically speaking man and woman were made for each other for mating. Sticking it up another guy's ass is deviant and unhealthy.

But hey that's their business. It really doesn't bother me. But I'm not going to condemn those that are morraly opposed to it either.
    case and point!!! being gay is natural its a matter of attraction it also occurs in nature. being gay is not a choice, you didn't come to a certain point in your life and choose to be heterosexual it occurred naturally the same thing for homosexuals they are attracted to the same sex its not like their doing it to piss off bible humpers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Of course being gay is unnatural. Biologically speaking man and woman were made for each other for mating. Sticking it up another guy's ass is deviant and unhealthy.

But hey that's their business. It really doesn't bother me. But I'm not going to condemn those that are moraly opposed to it either.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv

The risk of spreading disease through anal sex is much greater than through vaginal intercourse.
    straight people have anal sex too its not exclusive to being gay.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Well, it didn't take long for this thread to hit the wall at 100mph...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Slash couldn't even answer a simple question. Checkmate + Owned. LOL.

No question in my mind that sexual preference is more based on how each person is wired and happens across other species.

For this reason I have no problem accepting people who choose this lifestyle because to them it IS natural imo.

However while I accept and understand those who choose this lifestyle it does not mean I endorse or embrace it quite as eagerly and excitedly as slash and steeldawng who fall all over themselves to project themselves as soooooo socially enlightened and accepting.

While they may wring and clap their hands about how gay marriage should be legalized .....I am not sure I agree.

I am actually interested in seeing a good debate on this.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

How does this thread go three pages and nobody has once mentioned Tom Brady?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    How does this thread go three pages and nobody has once mentioned Tom Brady?
    Tom Brady is gay.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Slash couldn't even answer a simple question. Checkmate + Owned. LOL.

No question in my mind that sexual preference is more based on how each person is wired and happens across other species.

For this reason I have no problem accepting people who choose this lifestyle because to them it IS natural imo.

However while I accept and understand those who choose this lifestyle it does not mean I endorse or embrace it quite as eagerly and excitedly as slash and steeldawng who fall all over themselves to project themselves as soooooo socially enlightened and accepting.

While they may wring and clap their hands about how gay marriage should be legalized .....I am not sure I agree.

I am actually interested in seeing a good debate on this.
    why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry?
    No reason I can think of. On the flip side.... why should they be allowed to marry?

I'm of the opinion that "marriage" is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with same sex "unions" getting the same benefits as "married" couples.............. being male/female. I just don't think it should be called a "marriage".

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    No reason I can think of. On the flip side.... why should they be allowed to marry?

I'm of the opinion that "marriage" is between a man and a woman. I have no problem with same sex "unions" getting the same benefits as "married" couples.............. being male/female. I just don't think it should be called a "marriage".
    Its the same union between 2 people that love eachother, and when looked at under the law it should be looked at as equal to any other marriage. They should be allowed to marry because they want to be married and we afford that right to heterosexuals its an equal rights issue.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

If it was up to me personally, I'd say they should be allowed to marry simply because they want to and their marriage doesn't harm anyone else.

As for why they should be allowed to get married in this country, it's because America isn't the sort of country where the government should be deciding who's allowed to get married and who's not. Leave that shit for Iran.

As for why they should be allowed to get married as a practical matter, it's because they're gonna want to get divorced some day, or one of them is going to need to make medical decisions on behalf of the other, or one of them is going to die and the surviving one will need property rights and guardianship of any kids, etc.

This is the danger of living in a democracy; people think they're entitled to vote on someone else's rights and ask questions like "why should they be allowed".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    If it was up to me personally, I'd say they should be allowed to marry simply because they want to and their marriage doesn't harm anyone else.

As for why they should be allowed to get married in this country, it's because America isn't the sort of country where the government should be deciding who's allowed to get married and who's not. Leave that shit for Iran.

As for why they should be allowed to get married as a practical matter, it's because they're gonna want to get divorced some day, or one of them is going to need to make medical decisions on behalf of the other, or one of them is going to die and the surviving one will need property rights and guardianship of any kids, etc.

This is the danger of living in a democracy; people think they're entitled to vote on someone else's rights and ask questions like "why should they be allowed".
    exactly, you put it much better than I did.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Then naturally you support NAMBLA and consensual sex with children too.

If the government shouldn't be able to decide what is considered an appropriate marriage then who are they to decide what an appropriate age is to start having sex, right?

As long as it is consensual between two people then why should age matter either, right Slash?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Then you obviously must support NAMBLA and sex with children if it is consentual.

errrr....ummmm....backpedal, deflect, qualify.....3......2......1
    Um, there's one small problem with your quote here. Pedophilia is illegal, while homosexuality is not. Therefore Slash's point is more than valid.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Then you obviously must support NAMBLA and sex with children if it is consensual....after all the age of 18 is just arbitrary an irrelevant age randomly picked by an overreaching governemnt, right?
    You're just so cute... don't know when to give up
    Children don't have legal majority, and before you ask neither do livestock or home appliances.

/how did I know you'd be the one to take the discussion there?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Then you obviously must support NAMBLA and sex with children if it is consentual.

errrr....ummmm....backpedal, deflect, qualify.....3......2......1
    Ah yes Que the slippery slope argument,No its the support of 2 consenting adults being able to enter into a legally binding contract. Up next, you will tell us gay marriage will lead to beastiality.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Um, there's one small problem with your quote here. Pedophilia is illegal, while homosexuality is not. Therefore Slash's point is more than valid.
    Actually, there are several *large* problems with his quote.
    It conflates supporting their rights with condoning their decisions.
    It conflates gay marriage with homosexuality.
    It conflates homosexuality with pedophilia.
    It conflates a legal act with an illegal act (as you mentioned)
    and it ties it all up in a neat little strawman argument with a pretty bow, where he pretends I said something I didn't.

But, you know... par for the course for him.

I would also like to take this moment to point out that most of the folks in this discussion think of themselves as "conservatives". You know... the folks who usually complain about the government being too big, too powerful, too irresponsible, and too ready to interfere in their personal business?

But open up this discussion, and see how quickly their attitudes flip about "freedom" and "government".

Somebody asked why our government is always dealing with silly subjects like gay marriage instead of something really important? Well... this is why.

I would also like to take this moment to point out that most of the folks in this discussion think of themselves as "conservatives". You know... the folks who usually complain about the government being too big, too powerful, too irresponsible, and too ready to interfere in their personal business?

But open up this discussion, and see how quickly their attitudes flip about "freedom" and "government".

Somebody asked why our government is always dealing with silly subjects like gay marriage instead of something really important? Well... this is why.
    I think one of the participants in this thread ( zulater ) made thread a few weeks ago where he was mad about guys being arrested in a prostitution sting, I don't remember exactly what he said but it was something along the lines of it shouldn't be illegal because its a decision between 2 consenting adults.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Ah yes Que the slippery slope argument,No its the support of 2 consenting adults being able to enter into a legally binding contract. Up next, you will tell us gay marriage will lead to beastiality.
    It could lead to polygamous/ polygynous marriages. That'd be a discussion worth having.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Then naturally you support NAMBLA and consensual sex with children too.

If the government shouldn't be able to decide what is considered an appropriate marriage then who are they to decide what an appropriate age is to start having sex, right?

As long as it is consensual between two people then why should age matter either, right Slash?
    This premise equates being gay as the same as being immature and unable to fully understand the consequences of your decision (as in the case of kids).

Needless to say, that's far off base and your idea is full of fallacies.

It could lead to polygamous/ polygynous marriages. That'd be a discussion worth having.
    I don't think gay marriage leads to that, they really don't have anything to do with one another. Heterosexual marriage leaves the same door open for polygamy as gay marriage does.

Dwinsgames

I just do not understand why anyone who is straight would be so quick to defend Gay marriage and then do so so vigorously ....

I don't think gay marriage leads to that, they really don't have anything to do with one another. Heterosexual marriage leaves the same door open for polygamy as gay marriage does.
    It does, and I'll tell ya why:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...court/2473157/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I just do not understand why anyone who is straight would be so quick to defend Gay marriage and then do so so vigorously ....
    because this is America and we still believe in equal rights and freedom.

I just do not understand why anyone who is white would oppose slavery.
    I just don't understand why anyone who is male would support voting rights for women.
    I just don't understand why anyone who does not own a gun would support the 2nd Amendment....

I suppose you don't have to understand that, but a majority of Americans support it and a majority of Americans aren't gay.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

This.

But its not gay marriage that leads to polygamy, meaning you don't need gay marriage in order to make polygamy happen. Polygamists may have hope now that gays where able to marry but the issues are very different, Gay marriage was just a same gender issue where polygamy is a multiple partner issue.

Dwinsgames

and it took you till 2013 to speak out .. interesting

and it took you till 2013 to speak out .. interesting
    huh? are you implying that gay rights just became an issue in 2013?

But its not gay marriage that leads to polygamy, meaning you don't need gay marriage in order to make polygamy happen. Polygamists may have hope now that gays where able to marry but the issues are very different, Gay marriage was just a same gender issue where polygamy is a multiple partner issue.

The legal challenges are going to start in support of polygamous marriages as a *direct result* of this SCOTUS ruling. So whether it's the same issue or not in your mind is a moot point. Gay marriage *will* lead to a discussion about polygamy.
    / am I wrong?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

case and point!!! being gay is natural its a matter of attraction it also occurs in nature. being gay is not a choice, you didn't come to a certain point in your life and choose to be heterosexual it occurred naturally the same thing for homosexuals they are attracted to the same sex its not like their doing it to piss off bible humpers.

- - - Updated - - -

straight people have anal sex too its not exclusive to being gay.
    Straight people have anal sex yes,, and when they do it's deviant behaviour. Look the word up if you can't understand.

I don't believe people for the most part choose to be gay. ( with the exception of prison gay) But at the same token it's not something anyone wants their child to be. Oh yeah you learn to accept it if you're a loving parent. But no one desires their child to grow up to be gay. You don't want to be the grandparent at the park explaining why your grandkid looks nothing like anyone in the family because your daughter's the butch, and there's technically not an ounce of your DNA involved here. It's abnormal. Also I think the word gay is a huge misnomer, because from the one's I've been around most I've found to be miserable in life.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."