Thread: Favorite / Greatest fights of all time

Dwinsgames

Favorite / Greatest fights of all time

Named it favorite or greatest fights of all time because sometimes a favorite is not always a great fight but one you just enjoyed for whatever reason ....

I will start it off with this one ...

Hagler vs Hearns

full fight

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Favorite / Greatest fights of all time

Thrilla in manila....

First boxing match I remember

I was in grade school.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Thrilla in manila....

I was in grade school.

here ya go ...enjoy it again !!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I love boxing

ill have to think about this one, there's so many to choose from. I grew up watching Tyson beat the hell out of people. Arturo Gatti had plenty of bloody battles during his career. I sure wish there was another heavyweight out there these days that would bring more excitement to the sport, always loved the big guys go at it

Dwinsgames

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

At the time, many people believed that The Undefeated Spinks could topple Tyson. He looked like an amateur next to this kid

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HuaFI...%3DHuaFIRD7_5Y

- - - Updated - - -

I can never seem to post videos from my phone

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

"If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Leonard vs Hagler
    Leonard vs Hearns I
    Holmes vs Norton
    Tyson vs Holyfield I
    Pacquiao vs Marquez I
    Leonard vs Duran I
    Ali vs Frazier I and III
    Hagler vs Hearns
    Pryor vs Arguello
    Holyfield vs Bowe I and II
    Holyfield vs Foreman
    Foreman vs Moorer (Big George regains heavyweight title after 17 years of retirement)
    Last edited by tube517; 06-30-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Dwinsgames

Hearns -Lenard 1

- - - Updated - - -

Hearns - Lenard 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post

Hearns got screwed in that rematch against Leonard. He should have been given that decision

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Hearns got screwed in that rematch against Leonard. He should have been given that decision

yes felt that way when it went down , just rewatched it tonight and still feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    yes felt that way when it went down , just rewatched it tonight and still feel the same way
    Haha...I was 9 when it happened. I got interested in boxing when I was around 11 though, and would buy the older fights on VHS at the flea market and watch them. I probably watched that fight for the first time when I was about 15.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The one fight on my list that rarely gets mentioned in the greatest of all time was Norton vs Holmes. After Holmes won, he was champ for a very long time. Norton never won another fight after that. Just weird how that changed the course of both men's careers and the heavyweight title scene. I didn't like Holmes at all and he was a boring fighter but he held the title for 7 years.

Pryor vs Arguello came at a time when boxing was under heavy scrutiny. That fight and the Mancini-Kim fight were 1 day apart (if I remember) and both brutal. Kim died after his fight and Pryor-Arguello had a moment where Arguello was punched 20 times in a row without punching back that Howard Cosell retired from doing boxing. This caused the maximum number of rounds to go to 12 instead of 15.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Haha...I was 9 when it happened. I got interested in boxing when I was around 11 though, and would buy the older fights on VHS at the flea market and watch them. I probably watched that fight for the first time when I was about 15.
    I was in my early 20's have been a big fight fan since I was a kid , hell remember listening to the Cassius Clay fight on the radio LOL

have not been so enamored in the fight game the past decade though it lacks a lot to be desired in terms of a solid group of heavy weights like when I was younger

when you had a half dozen in the HW division over a span of a dozen years that could put on a display vs anybody .... Ali , Foreman , Frazier , Norton , Liston , Jimmy Young to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I was in my early 20's have been a big fight fan since I was a kid , hell remember listening to the Cassius Clay fight on the radio LOL

have not been so enamored in the fight game the past decade though it lacks a lot to be desired in terms of a solid group of heavy weights like when I was younger

when you had a half dozen in the HW division over a span of a dozen years that could put on a display vs anybody .... Ali , Foreman , Frazier , Norton , Liston , Jimmy Young to name a few
    I don't even watch boxing anymore except for Pacquiao (I'm Filipino so I'm a big fan)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dwinsgames

Tommy Morrison dead at age 44 RIP Tommy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...2068--box.html

Dwinsgames

Ken Norton passes away at age 70 Rip to a Legend http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...2730--box.html