Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush Advisor: Hastings Crash ‘Consistent With a Car Cyberattack’

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Bush Advisor: Hastings Crash ‘Consistent With a Car Cyberattack’

Okay, so I've been researching this subject all weekend, and I'm still at a loss to come up with a really good explanation. I don't go in for this "Alex Jones" tinfoil hat stuff, but there are some pretty important questions that nobody's asked and nobody's answered.
    Bearing in mind that Hastings was who he was and did what he did, there's no possible way he could die without raising eyebrows... these circumstances *in and of themselves* are still pretty odd.
    Setting aside what I don't/ can't know from what I do know, here's what went down to the best of my understanding:

14 years ago, Hastings was a self-admitted alcoholic/ drug user who crashed his car drunk.
    Intervening years, Hastings was an investigative reporter who made plenty of powerful enemies and received death threats.
    Approx. 13 hours before the crash, Hastings e-mailed his colleagues, saying that he was working a big story, was being investigated by the FBI, and "needed to go off the radar for a while".
    According to WikiLeaks, Hastings contacted them approx. 3 hrs before the crash. This is only their word, and is not confirmed.
    20 seconds before the crash, a car matching the description is filmed traveling southbound at an estimated 85MPH+ at the intersection of Highland & Santa Monica by "LoudLabs News" (more on them later), roughly a 1/2 mile north of the crash.
    At the time of the crash, an eye witness saw the car cross Melrose Ave going "as fast as it can go", go airborne, bottom out trailing sparks, and fishtail left into a tree, bursting into flames. He did not witness anyone get out of the car.
    4 minutes after the crash, LoudLabs News filmed footage of the car and interviewed witnesses. It was fully ablaze, and the debris field and location of the drivetrain (approx 160 ft away) indicated a very high speed at impact. A fire hydrant was sheared off. No occupant was visible from the outside.
    5 minutes after, the fire department arrived and began extinguishing the fire. Police arrived shortly after and cordoned off the area.
    Next morning: Police remove the driver's door and remove a body that appeared to be submerged in the footwell/ partially into the engine compartment.
    The police issue a statement that the body has been burned beyond recognition and will require dental records to identify. They also state that no foul play is suspected, but will investigate.
    2 days later, the coroner's office positively identifies the victim as Hastings. Not by dental records, but by fingerprints matched to the FBI's files.

That's all we can say is fact without speculating....
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

First and most obvious question is "Where did the coroner get those fingerprints"? Were they off the car or the body? If the body was intact enough to get fingerprints, why would they claim the body was too damaged to identify without dental records, and why would it take 2 days to notice they were there?
    Nobody asked that question and nobody answered it, but it's a critical question. If the fingerprints didn't come off the body, then we don't actually know that the body was, in fact, Hastings.
    Next question, who is "LoudLabs", and why were they at that particular location with their dash cam running at that particular time? Loud Labs is a freelance organization that spray- tags streets, prints t-shirts, and records night footage to sell to local news outlets. Their website is devoid of information. They state that their dash cams are always on and recording, but the released video has been edited for brevity. They have not released an unedited copy of their footage although they have been requested to do so.
    Finally, the odd statement by the LAPD that no foul play was suspected. How does somebody end up crashing into a tree at that speed at that time of night with no suspicion of foul play?

I ran the numbers, and concluded that the car in question would need most of a quarter mile to get up to the speed it was traveling at Santa Monica, or about 3/4 mile from the crash site. It could've been more, but not less.

So 3 possible scenarios I can see to account for these facts (in no particular order)
    1) He relapsed and crashed his car drunk/ high/ both.
    2) The car was modified and loaded with a body that's not actually Hastings in order to fake his death.
    3) The car was modified and used to kill Hastings and make it appear to be an accident.

Any one of these 3 scenarios is plausible and each leaves some questions unanswered. Important thing is that any of them *should* raise suspicions of foul play.

That's all I've got that doesn't wander off into complete speculation. Comments/ questions welcome.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

You guys make good points. But I'm not ready to totally dismiss this. I think there is enough there that hacking was a possibility. A slim one? Sure. But I don't think I can totally rule it out even if other ways to get the job done would have been presumably easier.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    First and most obvious question is "Where did the coroner get those fingerprints"? Were they off the car or the body? If the body was intact enough to get fingerprints, why would they claim the body was too damaged to identify without dental records, and why would it take 2 days to notice they were there?
    Nobody asked that question and nobody answered it, but it's a critical question. If the fingerprints didn't come off the body, then we don't actually know that the body was, in fact, Hastings.
    Next question, who is "LoudLabs", and why were they at that particular location with their dash cam running at that particular time? Loud Labs is a freelance organization that spray- tags streets, prints t-shirts, and records night footage to sell to local news outlets. Their website is devoid of information. They state that their dash cams are always on and recording, but the released video has been edited for brevity. They have not released an unedited copy of their footage although they have been requested to do so.
    Finally, the odd statement by the LAPD that no foul play was suspected. How does somebody end up crashing into a tree at that speed at that time of night with no suspicion of foul play?

I ran the numbers, and concluded that the car in question would need most of a quarter mile to get up to the speed it was traveling at Santa Monica, or about 3/4 mile from the crash site. It could've been more, but not less.

So 3 possible scenarios I can see to account for these facts (in no particular order)
    1) He relapsed and crashed his car drunk/ high/ both.
    2) The car was modified and loaded with a body that's not actually Hastings in order to fake his death.
    3) The car was modified and used to kill Hastings and make it appear to be an accident.

Any one of these 3 scenarios is plausible and each leaves some questions unanswered. Important thing is that any of them *should* raise suspicions of foul play.

That's all I've got that doesn't wander off into complete speculation. Comments/ questions welcome.
    You've really taken to this story, Slash. What is it that changed your mind? The circumstances of the crash?

I still think it's weird the police didn't investigate the email. Either Hastings was being paranoid or someone was questioning his friends. The least the police could do was ask around to see if there was any legitimacy to the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    You've really taken to this story, Slash. What is it that changed your mind? The circumstances of the crash?

I still think it's weird the police didn't investigate the email. Either Hastings was being paranoid or someone was questioning his friends. The least the police could do was ask around to see if there was any legitimacy to the claims.
    The one thing that raised a flag with me, as well as everyone I've discussed it with, is the fact that the LAPD said right out the gate that foul play was not suspected. The next was the Coroner positively identifying Hastings by the fingerprints 2 days later. Neither claim of fact makes sense in context.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Some more conspiracy theory.

Obama Requests 15,000 Russian Troops For “Upcoming” Disaster

An unsettling report prepared by the Emergencies Ministry (EMERCOM) circulating in the Kremlin today on the just completed talks between Russia and the United States in Washington D.C. says that the Obama regime has requested at least 15,000 Russian troops trained in disaster relief and “crowd functions” [i.e. riot control] be pre-positioned to respond to FEMA Region III during an unspecified “upcoming” disaster.

According to this report, this unprecedented request was made directly to Minister Vladimir Puchkov by US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Director Janet Napolitano who said these Russian troops would work “directly and jointly” with her Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), part of whose mission is to secure the continuity of the US government in the event of natural disasters or war.

Important to note, this report says, is that FEMA Region III, the area Russian troops are being requested for, includes Washington D.C. and the surrounding States of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, “strongly suggesting” that the Obama regime has lost confidence in its own military being able to secure its survival should it be called upon to do so.

In his public statements, yesterday, regarding these matters Minister Puchkov stated, “We have decided that the US Federal Emergency Management Agency and Russia’s Emergencies Ministry will work together to develop systems to protect people and territory from cosmic impacts,” and further noted that his meeting with DHS Director Napolitano also covered other kinds of natural emergencies, such as recent years’ extreme weather in both Russia and United States.

In this EMERCOM report, however, Minister Puchkov notes that the Russian troops being requested by the Obama regime would “more than likely” be paired with US-DHS troops who last year purchased nearly 2 billion rounds of ammunition and just this past month placed and emergency order for riot gear.

As to what “upcoming disaster” the US is preparing for, this report continues, appears to be “strongly related” to last weeks assassination of American reporter Michael Hastings who was killed while attempting to reach the safety of the Israeli Consulate in Los Angeles, and as we had reported on in our 20 June report Top US Journalist Attempting To Reach Israeli Consulate Assassinated.

Further to be noted about Hastings assassination by the Obama regime is the continued US mainstream propaganda news cover-up of it, though many freelance reporters continue to uncover the truth, such as Jim Stone whose investigation noted that the rear portion of Hastings car was blown open and shredded with the rest of the car nicely intact, which runs counter to the “official” story that this vehicle has hit a tree.

Not mentioned in this EMERCOM report is any suggestion that Russia would comply with this request from the Obama regime, especially in light of the horrifying information being given to Russian intelligence analysts from Edward Snowden who has been labeled as the most wanted man in the world.

According to one Federal Security Services (FSB) bulletin on their continued debriefing of Snowden, and analysis of the information he has provided Russian intelligence officers, his father, Lonnie Snowden, was an officer in the US Coast Guard during the 11 September 2001 attacks on the United States who had “direct knowledge” of the true events that occurred and whom the real perpetrators were.

Being directly affected by the events of 9/11, this FSB bulletin says, Snowden “self initiated” a multi-year effort to gain access to America’s top secrets, a mission which when recently completed led him to contact various international reporters, including Hastings, whom he believed could be trusted with disseminating the information he had obtained.

Though known to us directly from our Kremlin sources as to the exact connections Snowden’s information proves regarding 9/11 and both the Bush and Obama regimes, and the even more horrific event soon to come, a June 2013 Defence Advisory Notice (DA-Notice) prevents our being able to…at this time.

Likewise, and as the assassination of Hastings clearly shows, the Obama regime claims a legal right to kill anyone it so chooses without charges or trial they believe may threaten US national security, and what Snowden’s information reveals definitely falls into that category.

What can be said though, there is a critical reason billionaires all over the world have been dumping their stocks, and fast; and those who are not able to read between the lines will soon find themselves in the most dangerous situation they’ve ever encountered
    http://www.eutimes.net/2013/06/obama...ming-disaster/

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Oh dear.

Also. The Occupy Wall Street crowd has been clamoring about this supposed declassified FBI document that indicates there was a plan involving sniper rifles to take out the OWS leaders if the protests got out of hand.

http://whowhatwhy.com/wp-content/upl...SniperMemo.jpg
    http://whowhatwhy.com/wp-content/upl...Snipermemo.jpg

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

So what do you guys feel the odds are this was not an accident...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    So what do you guys feel the odds are this was not an accident...
    I can't realistically figure the odds. The realist in me wants to say its still a slim chance this was a homicide, but you do have a potential motive and a realistic means and enough unanswered questions to make me want to wait for developments. As I think was noted earlier, you don't have to be the FBI or some government agency to tamper with a car. Assassins have been killing people by tampering with cars as long as cars have been in existence.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I can't realistically figure the odds. The realist in me wants to say its still a slim chance this was a homicide, but you do have a potential motive and a realistic means and enough unanswered questions to make me want to wait for developments. As I think was noted earlier, you don't have to be the FBI or some government agency to tamper with a car. Assassins have been killing people by tampering with cars as long as cars have been in existence.
    I would imagine some cars need less tampering than others...

I would imagine some cars need less tampering than others...
    Haha. Yeah.

Here's another good article and video from a San Diego local news station.
    http://www.sandiego6.com/story/detai...usive-20130708

So he told his friends he was being investigated and was on to something big and was going off the grid.

Less than 24 hours later he is in a fatal crash with an off the charts explosion and the engine 200 feet from the car and his body burned beyond recognition.

....if this was just coincidence it sounds like one hell of a coincidence.

So he told his friends he was being investigated and was on to something big and was going off the grid.

Less than 24 hours later he is in a fatal crash with an off the charts explosion and the engine 200 feet from the car and his body burned beyond recognition.

....if this was just coincidence it sounds like one hell of a coincidence.
    Not all that much of a coincidence IMO. He was an investigative journalist with a lot of people who hated his guts. He could've died at any time in any way and it would appear suspicious. What catches my attention is that this death looks a little hinky even if you ignore all that.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Im still waiting on toxicology reports to come back. If I was going to go with a conspiracy theory on this, it seems a faked death would be more plausible. Hastings wanted off the grid what better way to get off the grid than if everyone thinks your dead. Also anything he emailed before the cash I have to assume it would be something he wanted people to find especially the government since he knows they can track his emails.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Im still waiting on toxicology reports to come back. If I was going to go with a conspiracy theory on this, it seems a faked death would be more plausible. Hastings wanted off the grid what better way to get off the grid than if everyone thinks your dead. Also anything he emailed before the cash I have to assume it would be something he wanted people to find especially the government since he knows they can track his emails.
    That's an interesting theory.

Why would they have still positively ID'd him though.

It took the pathologist two days and he had to use fingerprints. The flesh was so charred, the toxicology report is still pending.

They never asked *where* the coroner got the fingerprints (the body or the car) and the coroner never said. Definitely odd that they said the body was so destroyed they'd only be able to identify it by dental records, then 2 days later said they identified it by fingerprints.
    It *is* possible that the body isn't actually Hastings.

They never asked *where* the coroner got the fingerprints (the body or the car) and the coroner never said. Definitely odd that they said the body was so destroyed they'd only be able to identify it by dental records, then 2 days later said they identified it by fingerprints.
    It *is* possible that the body isn't actually Hastings.
    It seems if the body was burned so badly taking fingerprints from the body would be tough and if they took it from the car of course they would find hastings fingerprints because it was his car. It could also be he fell off the wagon was stoned out his mind and paranoid the government was investigating him, thought he saw a black SUV behind him took off lost control and hit a tree.

What would a journalist accomplish by faking his own death? If he was hiding from the law, it's pretty implausible that he could pull it off with modern forensics.

It seems if the body was burned so badly taking fingerprints from the body would be tough and if they took it from the car of course they would find hastings fingerprints because it was his car. It could also be he fell off the wagon was stoned out his mind and paranoid the government was investigating him, thought he saw a black SUV behind him took off lost control and hit a tree.
    If that's the case, he musta been *really* paranoid. By my math, he had the throttle pegged for at least 3/4 of a mile. No attempt at turning to evade capture, just full speed ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

What would a journalist accomplish by faking his own death? If he was hiding from the law, it's pretty implausible that he could pull it off with modern forensics.
    Giving himself enough breathing room to get into contact with Wikileaks and pass on his info. Trashing your c-class is kinda an extreme way to go about it, tho'. The only scenario I see this working requires the coroner to be in on it. Kinda hard to picture that happening.

I don't know his reasoning for wanting to go off the grid, and I think it would be just as hard to pull of a hit like this. Tampering with the car cyber or mechanical would be just as easily identitfied.

This case is very interesting.

Based on the little I read I would put odds on the body being him AND there being no funny business at maybe 10%-20%.

I don't know his reasoning for wanting to go off the grid, and I think it would be just as hard to pull of a hit like this. Tampering with the car cyber or mechanical would be just as easily identitfied.
    Well... Tampering would be easy to pull off, difficult to detect, and untraceable. "Hacking" to repeat what was done here isn't feasible because of the way the accelerator is driven. And even if it *was* possible, it would point to who was responsible just due to the sheer difficulty.
    If the goal is to murder somebody without anybody realizing he was murdered, this is not the way to do it.

That's what I'm talkin' about; no good answers here.

Dwinsgames

also it is pretty tough to TRY and fake your own death without also being a murderer ...

you need a body from somewhere and it is doubtful you will find a willing participant

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    also it is pretty tough to TRY and fake your own death without also being a murderer ...

you need a body from somewhere and it is doubtful you will find a willing participant
    That's why that scenario requires the coroner to be in on it. #1 to provide the body in the car. #2 to "identify" the body as you. Otherwise, the "fake your death" scenario doesn't work.

That's why that scenario requires the coroner to be in on it. #1 to provide the body in the car. #2 to "identify" the body as you. Otherwise, the "fake your death" scenario doesn't work.
    If the FBI was really investigating Hastings and he mysteriously died while they were closing in, you can bet they'd perform their own private autopsy.

...But what if someone killed Hastings, put his body in a modified car, and remotely drove it 70 miles an hour into a tree to make it look like an accident? ...Or what if the government kidnapped Hastings, faked his death with the automobile accident, and now is extracting information from him in a secret prison??!!!

Now I just feel silly.

That's kinda my point. There are only really 3 scenarios that I can see possible, and none of them are what I'd call "plausible". So what actually happened?

That's kinda my point. There are only really 3 scenarios that I can see possible, and none of them are what I'd call "plausible". So what actually happened?
    A mundane explanation? Hastings relapsed into drug use, became paranoid the FBI was spying on him, got high one night and thought he was being chased by imagined assassins, drove his car into a tree, and the LAPD immediately ruled out foul-play because they were being lazy.

Which, of course, begs the question: was there any veracity to Hasting's claim that someone claiming to be an FBI agent was questioning his friends.

A mundane explanation? Hastings relapsed into drug use, became paranoid the FBI was spying on him, got high one night and thought he was being chased by imagined assassins, drove his car into a tree, and the LAPD immediately ruled out foul-play because they were being lazy.

Which, of course, begs the question: was there any veracity to Hasting's claim that someone claiming to be an FBI agent was questioning his friends.
    That's one of the 3 possibilities I was thinking. IMO it's the least implausible explanation of the 3, but it's still got holes.
    Being high on crack would explain the recklessly fast driving.
    From the NHTSA:
    Effects on Driving: Observed signs of impairment in driving performance have included subjects speeding, losing control of their vehicle, causing collisions, turning in front of other vehicles, high-risk behavior, inattentive driving, and poor impulse control. As the effects of cocaine wear off subjects may suffer from fatigue, depression, sleepiness, and inattention. In epidemiology studies of driving under the influence cases, accidents, and fatally injured drivers, between 8-23% of subjects have had cocaine and/or metabolites detected in their blood. An examination of 253 fatally injured drivers in Wayne County, Michigan between 1996-1998, found that 10% of cases were positive for blood cocaine and/or metabolites. On review of accident and witness reports, aggressive driving (high speed and loss of vehicle control) was revealed as the most common finding. Ethanol was detected in 56% of these cases, and all of these drivers lost control of their vehicles. In Memphis, Tennessee in 1993, 13% of 150 drivers stopped for reckless driving were determined to be driving under the influence of cocaine based on observations of behavior and appearance, performance on field sobriety tests, and positive urine cocaine tests.
    But I still question the coroner's identification of the body. I saw the pics of the inside of that car when they yanked the door off and began removing the body (won't share 'cuz it's freakin' gross), and I have a really hard time believing they identified what was left by fingerprints. Especially 2 days after they said the body was so destroyed that it would be impossible to identify it in any way other than dental records.
    That's fishy IMO.

That's one of the 3 possibilities I was thinking. IMO it's the least implausible explanation of the 3, but it's still got holes.
    Being high on crack would explain the recklessly fast driving.
    From the NHTSA:

But I still question the coroner's identification of the body. I saw the pics of the inside of that car when they yanked the door off and began removing the body (won't share 'cuz it's freakin' gross), and I have a really hard time believing they identified what was left by fingerprints. Especially 2 days after they said the body was so destroyed that it would be impossible to identify it in any way other than dental records.
    That's fishy IMO.
    That also could be a rush to judgment by law enforcement. Hastings' fingerprints in Hastings' car doesn't prove the body was Hastings', but for a coroner who probably deals with these types of deaths routinely, it was probably enough for him to write this off his list and pass the buck to the toxicologist.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I find the death suspicious and I won't be satisfied until the toxicology report finally comes back.