Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers will be wearing the late fifties jerseys once this year

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The Steelers will be wearing the late fifties jerseys once this year

I heard on 93.7 The Fan that Art said in an interview today that the Steelers will be bringing back the gold helmet and gold numbered jerseys for one game this year. It wasn't announced when, but we will see them sometime again this year. I always liked them. Your thoughts?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Better than the bumblebees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: The Steelers will be wearing the late fifties jerseys once this year

steelersdepot.com reports it will be the bumblebee jerseys for one game: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06...uniforms-2013/

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    it will be the bumblebee jerseys for one game
    SOB!!!

that's one too many

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

are those the jerseys we've usually been using since like 2007?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Better than the bumblebees
    Hey! No dissin' the Steelers Jerseys!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

steelersdepot.com reports it will be the bumblebee jerseys for one game: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06...uniforms-2013/
    I'm going to side with 93.7 The Fan because they're an official news source and that website is just a blog site.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'm going to side with 93.7 The Fan because they're an official news source and that website is just a blog site.
    They just reported it from what Art Rooney II said on the official Steelers site:

Re: Throwback jerseys for 2013
    “We will be wearing our throwback jerseys again this year, the same jersey as last year. We’re actually discussing with the league which game we’re going to wear them. We’ll only wear them for one game this year. We sort of have to apply to the league and have them approve the game, so we’re in that process.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-851a5f34ac58

They just reported it from what Art Rooney II said on the official Steelers site:

Re: Throwback jerseys for 2013
    “We will be wearing our throwback jerseys again this year, the same jersey as last year. We’re actually discussing with the league which game we’re going to wear them. We’ll only wear them for one game this year. We sort of have to apply to the league and have them approve the game, so we’re in that process.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-851a5f34ac58
    I stand corrected then. Thank you for the updated info.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The next time they play someone on the road with that team wearing their throwbacks they should trot out this classic look. Love the white pants.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Dont disrespect the depot he usually knows the truth. As for the jerseys I like em both and cant wait to see them again.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    The next time they play someone on the road with that team wearing their throwbacks they should trot out this classic look. Love the white pants.

loved those unis

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'd like to see the "Batman" unis as a throwback some day...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

As I've said before .... I HATE THROWBACKS !!! They are 'history' for a reason. What's the purpose ?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    As I've said before .... I HATE THROWBACKS !!! They are 'history' for a reason. What's the purpose ?
    To sell more jerseys to the suckers er I mean fans.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

LOL so true !

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Have you seen the new sleeve NBA jerseys? 5 teams will wear them next year.

They look alright but the only reason they are doing it, is to sell more jerseys to fans.
    Last edited by Nadroj 20; 06-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Member Array title="Tommy8Gun is an unknown quantity at this point"> Tommy8Gun's Avatar

I don't mind the "bumble bee" jerseys. I also don't mind the late 50s throwbacks. I would assume the bumble bees this year would be the same as 2012's but without the 80th season anniversary patch.

Throwbacks are cool and such. Mostly for marketing and revenue generation from merchandise. I would be perfectly fine if we just wore black at home and white when not at home. The Steelers have always been traditional. Why not continue it?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy8Gun View Post
    I don't mind the "bumble bee" jerseys. I also don't mind the late 50s throwbacks. I would assume the bumble bees this year would be the same as 2012's but without the 80th season anniversary patch.

Throwbacks are cool and such. Mostly for marketing and revenue generation from merchandise. I would be perfectly fine if we just wore black at home and white when not at home. The Steelers have always been traditional. Why not continue it?
    I agree.

While I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy one I think it is pretty neat.

I do worry the bumble bee stripes might overload the senses a bit though.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Overseas SuperFan Array title="TheRuneMeister is an unknown quantity at this point"> TheRuneMeister's Avatar

I love the bumble bees. They are weird, kind og ugly, but the have a certain something. I just like them...even if they look like prison stripes. The Batman uni would be my favorite throwback if they decided to go that route. Fitting due to the whole Batman-Steelers connection.

Member Array title="Tommy8Gun is an unknown quantity at this point"> Tommy8Gun's Avatar

I agree the "Batman" jerseys would be neat throwbacks for the future. They were the style the team wore right before the late 60s/70s style that hasn't really been changed since then. IMO would also be cool if the Steelers did a white throwback maybe for a road game or two. Makes sense the recent ones have been black jerseys since they only wear that color at home.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bumblebee jerseys vs Detroit:
    Emmanuel Sanders
    9 hours ago

Was just told that we're wearing the 1934 throwbacks this weekend against the Lions! Buzzzzzzzzzz

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Maybe it's in an effort to make Stafford and Megatron get all dizzy and forget how to score touchdowns in triple coverage. Those Rooney's are crafty bastards.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'm assuming they are doing this to confuse the Lions Defensive front. I would not be surprised if our D rose to the occasion(specially if the weather is questionable and the turf is slippery), but I would be utterly shocked if all 5 of our O lineman could block Suh on more than 10 snaps.
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'm assuming they are doing this to confuse the Lions Defensive front. I would not be surprised if our D rose to the occasion(specially if the weather is questionable and the turf is slippery), but I would be utterly shocked if all 5 of our O lineman could block Suh on more than 10 snaps.
    Not that they would be able to contain that DL if healthy, but our OL are all hurt. This will be a long day. Hopefully the bumblebees will hurt their eyes.

Dwinsgames

may as well of worn them all season since they are playing like the 50s steelers anyways

Sorry, not a fan of 'throwbacks'. They were dumped for a reason....people didn't like them, it was time to change and to modernize. Leave 'em in the damn closet for history sake !

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I think we have a winner!
    All Defense!

I still say retire them, let them go out with a win.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

The line played much better than I ever expected. Whimper is looking like a decent guard and Decastro had a strong game too.
    Merry Christmas