Thread: Former Panther Stephens-Howling happy to be a Steeler now

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Former Panther Stephens-Howling happy to be a Steeler now

It's a daily occurrence during the summer and fall at the UPMC South Side training facility the Steelers and Pitt Panthers share. The professional players conduct their practice on one field, and the collegiate players come out to get a sneak peek before their practice begins on the adjacent fields.

Some sit on benches, taking their time to lace up their cleats, or leisurely tape their wrists. Others keep moving and slowly walk to their workout, their necks craned to catch a glimpse of the action.

LaRod Stephens-Howling was no different when he donned a Pitt uniform from 2005-08. He was a freshman when the Steelers won Super Bowl XL and a senior when they won Super Bowl XLIII, and he was never shy about stopping and staring at the pros..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2WTBOjsJY

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Re: Former Panther Stephens-Howling happy to be a Steeler now

LaRod is going to be an awesome addition to this team. I don't remember the last time we had a back with his receiving capabilities.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

If he can contribute in the progressin of our running game , i'm happy to have him too !!!!!!! Would be a nice story to relate .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

His brother also attends Slippery Rock, about an hour away, so I'm definitely sure he's happy to be home.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I hope he can contribute! I'm glad to see he wants to be here.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I think he will be someone that will surprise other teams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Looks like he was productive both in yardage and scoring for his limited playing time.

Sounds like a great addition.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Since he can return kicks it looks like it might be a little harder for that really fast kid to make the team now. Also, how many RBs do you guys think we'll carry? I've been getting the feeling that the writing has been on the wall for Dwyer since the draft, but this might really mean goodbye... unless we get some kind of great trade offer for Redman, which I don't really see happening.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

I wouldn't even care as long as we can kick our run game up a couple notches . I never blamed it all on the o-line for that problem .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

A good kick returner is definitely a good addition !!

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I think you are going to see some big plays from howling this year, he is a very underrated homerun hitter.