Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Prem

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    10,000 for an MRI?

http://www.buffalomri.com/CanadianPr...yPatients.aspx A lot cheaper in Buffalo.
    Ya believe it or not the prices for mri differ from $300-10,000 which I cant understand why it differs between areas its the same kind of machine doing the same tests. but even still a person who cant pay 60$ a month which is $720 dollars a year is going to whip out $300 dollars for an MRI alone and if they find something wrong where they need surgery forget about it!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Prem

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Ya believe it or not the prices for mri differ from $300-10,000 which I cant understand why it differs between areas its the same kind of machine doing the same tests. but even still a person who cant pay 60$ a month which is $720 dollars a year is going to whip out $300 dollars for an MRI alone and if they find something wrong where they need surgery forget about it!
    Instead of treating the symptom of high medical costs, maybe you should be asking yourself why is health care so expensive. Government intervention always skews free market forces.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

What you are not understanding is that because they are not paying their medical costs its being paid for by the people who do, its not a decision that just affects them. They do expect me to pay for it because they are simply saying im not chipping in for this because I don't have too and your perfectly ok with that. I mean honestly when these people use our healthcare and don't pay for it who the hell do you think does?
    Believe me I know a whole hell of a lot more about this than what you think. You say obaaamacare does not affect you because you have less than 50 full time employees, oh but it does and you just don't realize it, yet. The extra cost of all those different taxes get passed along to you, along with the increased payroll tax you'll be paying. Part time business with part time employees ya it probably doesn't hurt you as bad as others.

A FYI, I get the pleasure of dealing with insurance companies, medicare, medicaid, federal & state regulations on a daily basis. I know whats coming down the pike and your in for a very very rude awakening. If you think nothings going to change with what and how you get medical attention or what level of care you think you might get your truly delusional.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Instead of treating the symptom of high medical costs, maybe you should be asking yourself why is health care so expensive. Government intervention always skews free market forces.
    Its a combination of things that drove prices to where they are, the problem with the current system is the prices are getting so high that less people are opting for coverage. When less people are paying into a free market system prices go up and quality goes down, that's why in the US we spend more on healthcare than other industrialized countries but rank dead last in quality of care. Also in the US prices for healthcare are not regulated like they are in other countries, that why you have an mri that can cost $300 or $10000. Uninsured, administrative costs, care for profit, large pharmacudical companies are just some of the factors that made healthcare prices what they are. We certainly needed healthcare reform as our current system would have never sustained with costs rising 2X's more than inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Believe me I know a whole hell of a lot more about this than what you think. You say obaaamacare does not affect you because you have less than 50 full time employees, oh but it does and you just don't realize it, yet. The extra cost of all those different taxes get passed along to you, along with the increased payroll tax you'll be paying. Part time business with part time employees ya it probably doesn't hurt you as bad as others.

A FYI, I get the pleasure of dealing with insurance companies, medicare, medicaid, federal & state regulations on a daily basis. I know whats coming down the pike and your in for a very very rude awakening. If you think nothings going to change with what and how you get medical attention or what level of care you think you might get your truly delusional.
    There is no payroll tax in obamacare, there is a medicare surtax for people earning over 200,000 which is equal to about 0.9%. Lol you know whats coming down the pike huh? your just keeping all the details a secret? You have not been accurate on anything you've even said about how obamacare works let alone knowing what the affects of the law will be. Tell me how it will change how we receive our medical care?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

There is no payroll tax in obamacare, there is a medicare surtax for people earning over 200,000 which is equal to about 0.9%. Lol you know whats coming down the pike huh? your just keeping all the details a secret? You have not been accurate on anything you've even said about how obamacare works let alone knowing what the affects of the law will be. Tell me how it will change how we receive our medical care?

As I said earlier all that time I spent in clinics learning whats coming and what the changes are from the insurance companies, medicare/medicaid themselves were all lies?
    Just keep slobbering hopeys nut sack.

Rude awakening awaits you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just keep slobbering hopeys nut sack.

Rude awakening awaits you.
    I figured you would say something like this

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg
    if your only making say like 20,000 annually after subsidies it only cost you between 40-60 dollars a month which is not bad at all.
    I never said $60 dollars was not a big deal
    I claimed $60 dollars wasn't a big deal? Really?
    Which is it? It's either a big deal, or "not that bad" - it isn't both. You're an Obamalover and you can't even hide it. Everyone here knows it.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Which is it? It's either a big deal, or "not that bad" - it isn't both. You're an Obamalover and you can't even hide it. Everyone here knows it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LOLLOLOLOLOL the quote you posted says $60 dollars is not a big deal?????? Looks to me like it says $40-$60 a month is not bad at all, which $60 a month for health insurance is not bad anyone who pays for health insurance knows that $60 dollars a month is a good price for healthcare.So since I actually said its not that bad that's what I meant is its not that bad, So seven Im still waiting for the quote where is said it wasn't a big deal? Not an obamalover and if I was I wouldn't hide it, your just an Obama hater you are gonna hate everything he does no matter what, just like mach1. Don't put words in my mouth and then argue against them big difference between me saying $60 isn't a big deal for someone and $60 dollars a month is not bad for health insurance.

And no matter what your messiah does you'll be there to coddle his nut sack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LOLLOLOLOLOL the quote you posted says $60 dollars is not a big deal?????? Looks to me like it says $40-$60 a month is not bad at all, which $60 a month for health insurance is not bad anyone who pays for health insurance knows that $60 dollars a month is a good price for healthcare.So since I actually said its not that bad that's what I meant is its not that bad, So seven Im still waiting for the quote where is said it wasn't a big deal? Not an obamalover and if I was I wouldn't hide it, your just an Obama hater you are gonna hate everything he does no matter what, just like mach1. Don't put words in my mouth and then argue against them big difference between me saying $60 isn't a big deal for someone and $60 dollars a month is not bad for health insurance.
    Sure. Makes perfect sense. It "isn't that bad", but $60 is a big deal. Grow up and grow some balls. Learn how to stand behind your opinions instead of changing them every post.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Sure. Makes perfect sense. It "isn't that bad", but $60 is a big deal. Grow up and grow some balls. Learn how to stand behind your opinions instead of changing them every post.
    Look saying that 60$ a month for healthcare isn't bad is not the the same as saying its no big deal. Its the same as if I said $60 a month is not bad for a car payment does that mean because its a good rate that the $60 is not worth the same to the individual? Ive got balls, you should know since you are on them every thread and cant them out of your mouth. Your just mad because you tried to lie about what i said and you got caught, be a man and just admit when your wrong.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Look saying that 60$ a month for healthcare isn't bad is not the the same as saying its no big deal. Its the same as if I said $60 a month is not bad for a car payment does that mean because its a good rate that the $60 is not worth the same to the individual? Ive got balls, you should know since you are on them every thread and cant them out of your mouth. Your just mad because you tried to lie about what i said and you got caught, be a man and just admit when your wrong.
    Oh the irony!!!! !
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Lol.. everyone is on his nuts. Its not him, its everyone else.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III using Tapatalk 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Are you running in the next election? Talk about double speak. Might as well stay the course that Ba-Ba-Barack has put you on.

Are you running in the next election? Talk about double speak. Might as well stay the course that Ba-Ba-Barack has put you on.
    why is that double speak?

why is that double speak?
    $60/month is a big deal to someone making $20,000. $60/month isn't bad for health care.

Is $60/month a big deal to someone making $20,000, for health care?

$60/month is a big deal to someone making $20,000. $60/month isn't bad for health care.

yes $60 dollars a month could be a big deal to anyone, but that doesn't mean that its not a good price for healthcare.

yes $60 dollars a month could be a big deal to anyone, but that doesn't mean that its not a good price for healthcare.
    Politician.

Politician.
    well let me ask you simply do you think $60 a month is a bad price for healthcare, probably different for you because you live in Canada and its not a choice you have to make. I mean really look at our healthcare costs and what happens to people when they have to go into the hospital. We pay more for our cell phones.

well let me ask you simply do you think $60 a month is a bad price for healthcare, probably different for you because you live in Canada and its not a choice you have to make. I mean really look at our healthcare costs and what happens to people when they have to go into the hospital. We pay more for our cell phones.
    You see that is the problem. The question is not about value, but of liberty and freedom. My money is my money. If I choose to help out a fellow citizen, that is solely my choice. When government gets involved and disrupts freedom and liberty, society skews and becomes inefficient. Governments should operate in a very narrow band, as outlined in your constitution, instead of bastardizing "general welfare" as meaning the government has a free reign to become a behemoth that crushes.

No individual is bettered by being cared for, and thus expecting to be taken care of, by the government.

You see that is the problem. The question is not about value, but of liberty and freedom. My money is my money. If I choose to help out a fellow citizen, that is solely my choice. When government gets involved and disrupts freedom and liberty, society skews and becomes inefficient. Governments should operate in a very narrow band, as outlined in your constitution, instead of bastardizing "general welfare" as meaning the government has a free reign to become a behemoth that crushes.

No individual is bettered by being cared for, and thus expecting to be taken care of, by the government.
    Count I like what your saying but the problem is we have that system currently and its failing, we pay more for healthcare and get less, the us healthcare system ranks behind government run healthcare systems. You have people choosing not to buy medical coverage because we treat them anyway in turn driving up costs making it less affordable for people who want coverage. I just don't see how people choosing not to pay for health insurance and using the system making the rest of us pay for it is freedom?

Count I like what your saying but the problem is we have that system currently and its failing, we pay more for healthcare and get less, the us healthcare system ranks behind government run healthcare systems. You have people choosing not to buy medical coverage because we treat them anyway in turn driving up costs making it less affordable for people who want coverage. I just don't see how people choosing not to pay for health insurance and using the system making the rest of us pay for it is freedom?
    Because being forced/mandated/taxed/fined to pay is better freedom? Because the government knows whats better for you than you? Because hopey said so?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because being forced/mandated/taxed/fined to pay is better freedom? Because the government knows whats better for you than you? Because hopey said so?
    I already asked you for your solution?

Thanks Joe. Nice to see someone with common sense post around here once in while.

Thanks Joe. Nice to see someone with common sense post around here once in while.
    What I find particularly annoying is that the arguments start in the wrong place. Is the government supposed to be involved in health care? Is the government supposed to be involved in 80% of what it is involved in now?

I have to assume that when the Constitution is taught in your schools, if at all, it is presented as a "living document" and that the judiciary is justified in interpreting the document loosely. Make it "fit" the modern world.

Well, the Constitution is the constitution of the people. If the people willing give up their freedoms, you have the road that the US is currently on.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

If I thought that 60 a month was going to be valid I wouldn't give a damn. But if Obamacare is ever enacted I think small business is going to be hurt, I think middle income earners, two income families that flirt with 6 figures are really go to feel the brunt of this.

Things like family vacations, dinners out, movies, these things will all be shelved, which in turn will further deepen the recession.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

I already asked you for your solution?
    Open up the state borders so insurance companies have to compete for one.

But you already said to do that is "impossible". No sense in trying to discuss any sort of solution with someone whos got their mind made up that more government is the answer to most everything.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Open up the state borders so insurance companies have to compete for one.

But you already said to do that is "impossible". No sense in trying to discuss any sort of solution with someone whos got their mind made up that more government is the answer to most everything.
    That's the solution? If people are choosing not to pay health care how does that fix that problem and if people are unable to pay $40-$60 a month how does it solve that problem?