Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Prem

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    About 2/3 of the country.
    but the rates are already out we already know what incomes qualify for subsidies and how much people qualify for. For instance if someone at around 17,000 annual income qualifies for subsidies that would make the $216 dollar silver plan about $40 dollars a month which is affordable and if they opt for paying the fine and taking no healthcare then well they are just wasting money. What else do you suggest ? what would you do about health insurance for the uninsured? Do you not think that people should contribute towards their health insurance? Do you think if they don't pay they shouldn't be treated?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Prem

If they can't pay should they expect you to pay for them?

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If they can't pay should they expect you to pay for them?
    I don't even understand your question? People cant afford insurance now and we pay for them, that's the whole point of obamacare to have people contribute what they can to the healthcare system. Are you going to answer any of my questions?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

People that can't afford health insurance, thats not my problem. I have a hard enough time paying for my own let alone everyone else.
    For the uninsured again not my problem
    People that have health insurance contribute to their own health insurance or else they wouldn't have any.
    Show me one hospital that turns away people that can't pay, illegal to do so.

Now answer mine. Should people that can't pay expect for you to pay for them?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Obamacare Already Rationing Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage

Those who just fell off the pumpkin truck and are still scratching their heads about exploding premiums and deductibles under Obamacare are in for another shock: it’s already being rationed.

Ala CNS News:

A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

“Finally, due to growing concerns about the rate of PCIP [Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program] spending, in February 2013, CCIIO [under HHS] suspended PCIP enrollment to ensure the appropriated funding would be sufficient to cover claims for current enrollees through the end of the program,” states the GAO report, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Enrollment and Spending in the Early Retiree Reinsurance and Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Programs.

It’s bizarre how the experiences of other nations with massive government healthcare programs also apply to this monstrosity, huh? Well, log another one for the history books. Next thing you know, Nobel Prize-winning economists will be calling for “death panels.”
    http://www.ijreview.com/2013/06/5650...ions-coverage/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People that can't afford health insurance, thats not my problem. I have a hard enough time paying for my own let alone everyone else.
    For the uninsured again not my problem
    People that have health insurance contribute to their own health insurance or else they wouldn't have any.
    Show me one hospital that turns away people that can't pay, illegal to do so.

Now answer mine. Should people that can't pay expect for you to pay for them?
    The uninsured is your problem because you pay for them!!!! The reason our current system was spiraling out of control was because people where not buying insurance but visiting emergency rooms because hospitals don't turn people away!!!!!!! Now you have obamacare that is going to make people pay for the healthcare they are using and your against that???? obamacare does not force you to pay for others healthcare, you obviously by your responses have no idea how obamacare or romneycare or our current healthcare system even work!!!!! As for your question you want me to answer about the expectations of every person who cant afford health insurance??? What kind of a question is that I cant speak for all of those people, what I can tell you is with our current healthcare system, yes you are expected and do pay for people who cant.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    obamacare does not force you to pay for others healthcare
    Um, that's exactly what it does.

It forces me to pay more for insurance than is justified by my voluntary, individual risk factors, and it forces me to pay for coverage for things I don't want or need.

The ER argument is bogus too. If I show up at the ER without insurance, they raise their sticker price...but if I show up with insurance, they bill my insurance company which pays for it by raising premiums. So it's not like the individual mandate solves that problem.

The uninsured is your problem because you pay for them!!!! The reason our current system was spiraling out of control was because people where not buying insurance but visiting emergency rooms because hospitals don't turn people away!!!!!!! Now you have obamacare that is going to make people pay for the healthcare they are using and your against that???? obamacare does not force you to pay for others healthcare, you obviously by your responses have no idea how obamacare or romneycare or our current healthcare system even work!!!!! As for your question you want me to answer about the expectations of every person who cant afford health insurance??? What kind of a question is that I cant speak for all of those people, what I can tell you is with our current healthcare system, yes you are expected and do pay for people who cant.
    You may want to ask what kind of work I do before you go making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

You are the one who does not understand how things fully work and how it's going to work with obaaamacare. Don't believe everything hopey has spoon fed you.

One more time. Should someone who can't pay expect you to pay for them?
    It's simple Yes or No.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You may want to ask what kind of work I do before you go making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

You are the one who does not understand how things fully work and how it's going to work with obaaamacare. Don't believe everything hopey has spoon fed you.

One more time. Should someone who can't pay expect you to pay for them?
    It's simple Yes or No.
    who cares what you do you still have no idea what your talking about. your question is ridiculous should someone who cant pay expect for me to pay for them, how in the hell am I supposed to know what someone expects?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Um, that's exactly what it does.

It forces me to pay more for insurance than is justified by my voluntary, individual risk factors, and it forces me to pay for coverage for things I don't want or need.

The ER argument is bogus too. If I show up at the ER without insurance, they raise their sticker price...but if I show up with insurance, they bill my insurance company which pays for it by raising premiums. So it's not like the individual mandate solves that problem.
    They are insurance plans they are going to include some things you don't need just like current insurance plans, if you want to take coverage that is not bare bones you probably are not going to use everything it covers. the ER argument is not bogus if the sticker price is going up and the insurance company is using your premium to pay for it and raising your premium to do it then it is directly driving the cost up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lol what truth you haven't said anything but I don't know what you do for a living?

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

if your only making say like 20,000 annually after subsidies it only cost you between 40-60 dollars a month which is not bad at all.
    That statement is ABSURD.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    That statement is ABSURD.
    why is it absurd?

why is it absurd?
    1) $40 - $60 a month based off what? The numbers the government tells you you're going to pay? Well, I guess since they said it we can just believe it. 2) I don't know about you, but I've been in that $17,000 - $20,000 annual salary before. And let me say that $60 a month is a big deal on that income. A big deal. $60 is like two weeks of groceries for me. 3) Who is the government to tell me I should be spending $40 - $60 a month on anything I don't deem necessary in the first place?
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

1) $40 - $60 a month based off what? The numbers the government tells you you're going to pay? Well, I guess since they said it we can just believe it. 2) I don't know about you, but I've been in that $17,000 - $20,000 annual salary before. And let me say that $60 a month is a big deal on that income. A big deal. $60 is like two weeks of groceries for me. 3) Who is the government to tell me I should be spending $40 - $60 a month on anything I don't deem necessary in the first place?
    first off that is what the law states a person of that income level would pay after subsidies, its not my opinion its how the law is setup. I never said $60 dollars was not a big deal but it is affordable for healthcare and its a better alternative to getting sick and putting yourself in massive debt or bankruptcy.Is seems to me if you were making $20000 a year its easier to pay $60 dollars a month than a $50,000 medical bill. Its either make people pay for healthcare or go to a full single payer system, we cant just continue down the same path because the rates will continue to climb and less people will be able to afford it which means even higher rates.

Hmm lets see $60 for mandated spending or $60 to put gas in the car to get to work, food on the table, keeping your job. Guess what one wins.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

first off that is what the law states a person of that income level would pay after subsidies, its not my opinion its how the law is setup. I never said $60 dollars was not a big deal but it is affordable for healthcare and its a better alternative to getting sick and putting yourself in massive debt or bankruptcy.Is seems to me if you were making $20000 a year its easier to pay $60 dollars a month than a $50,000 medical bill. Its either make people pay for healthcare or go to a full single payer system, we cant just continue down the same path because the rates will continue to climb and less people will be able to afford it which means even higher rates.
    You are what is wrong with this country. First of all, you backtracked on your original statement as you ALWAYS do. Second, I am PERFECTLY healthy, stay ON TOP of my check ups to ensure I'm not coming down with anything hidden and am not on any medication whatsoever. Tell me again why I should throw away $60 hard earned dollars on something I don't need? Oh, right - because Obama says I might need it someday. Fuck off. $60 is two weeks of groceries or a weekend with buddies or a weeks worth of gas. Which is it Dawg? $60 "isn't that bad" or $60 "is a big deal" because you've claimed both in this thread.

You are what is wrong with this country. First of all, you backtracked on your original statement as you ALWAYS do. Second, I am PERFECTLY healthy, stay ON TOP of my check ups to ensure I'm not coming down with anything hidden and am not on any medication whatsoever. Tell me again why I should throw away $60 hard earned dollars on something I don't need? Oh, right - because Obama says I might need it someday. Fuck off. $60 is two weeks of groceries or a weekend with buddies or a weeks worth of gas. Which is it Dawg? $60 "isn't that bad" or $60 "is a big deal" because you've claimed both in this thread.
    I claimed $60 dollars wasn't a big deal? Really? I noticed you didn't quote it, oh ya because I never said it. You are exactly whats wrong with our system you don't pay for insurance oh because your healthy until one day you get in a car accident or you fall off a roof or have some kind of accident, then you will get your enormous medical bill file for bankruptcy and stick us with the bill, its like saying to my car insurance company well I haven't had any accidents so I shouldn't have to pay. So let me get this straight your stance is people should not have to pay for medical care but they should be taken care of if something happens? Sounds like a single payer system to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm lets see $60 for mandated spending or $60 to put gas in the car to get to work, food on the table, keeping your job. Guess what one wins.
    so you think people shouldn't have to pay for medical insurance? You say they can use that money other places? well what happens when they get sick or hurt?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I claimed $60 dollars wasn't a big deal? Really? I noticed you didn't quote it, oh ya because I never said it. You are exactly whats wrong with our system you don't pay for insurance oh because your healthy until one day you get in a car accident or you fall off a roof or have some kind of accident, then you will get your enormous medical bill file for bankruptcy and stick us with the bill, its like saying to my car insurance company well I haven't had any accidents so I shouldn't have to pay. So let me get this straight your stance is people should not have to pay for medical care but they should be taken care of if something happens? Sounds like a single payer system to me.

- - - Updated - - -

so you think people shouldn't have to pay for medical insurance? You say they can use that money other places? well what happens when they get sick or hurt?
    Forbes leaves out the federal subsidies yes the silver plan will cost $216 a month but if your only making say like 20,000 annually after subsidies it only cost you between 40-60 dollars a month which is not bad at all for example in cali 5.3 million people will be eligible for rates through the exchange with 2.6 million qualifying for subsidies, subsidies are available for those who make up to 400% of the poverty line which is 45,000 for an individual 92,000 for a family.
    So, not bad at all = a bid deal. Of course, we have the problem.

Yep, it's called having a choice. Something that your messiah took away.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, it's called having a choice. Something that your messiah took away.
    What happens when they get sick or hurt and need medical care?

Then they go to the doctor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

What happens when they get sick or hurt and need medical care?
    Nanny

Then they go to the doctor.
    So they get cancer and they go to the doctor for free?

Who said they go for free?

Unless you plan on paying their for them. Should they expect you to pay for them?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Who said they go for free?
    Oh how do they pay for thousands possibly hundreds of thousands in medical bills, I mean an mri alone will run you 10,000, tell me how people who cant pay $60 dollars a month or don't want to are suddenly going to come out of pocket for all this money?

If they didn't want insurance that was their choice. Deal with it.

Should they expect you to pay for it? Yes or No

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If they didn't want insurance that was their choice. Deal with it.

Should they expect you to pay for it?
    What you are not understanding is that because they are not paying their medical costs its being paid for by the people who do, its not a decision that just affects them. They do expect me to pay for it because they are simply saying im not chipping in for this because I don't have too and your perfectly ok with that. I mean honestly when these people use our healthcare and don't pay for it who the hell do you think does?

yes or no

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh how do they pay for thousands possibly hundreds of thousands in medical bills, I mean an mri alone will run you 10,000, tell me how people who cant pay $60 dollars a month or don't want to are suddenly going to come out of pocket for all this money?
    10,000 for an MRI?

http://www.buffalomri.com/CanadianPr...yPatients.aspx A lot cheaper in Buffalo.