Thread: Report: Tebow's camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Report: Tebow's camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL

THERE WERE TIMES when Tebowmania could be downright painful. Midway through his first season in Denver, John Fox was standing on the practice field sideline one day when an errant football hit the ground well in front of an intended receiver's feet, skipped hard across the grass and shot into the unsuspecting coach's legs. Fox looked around, rubbing his shin with a pained "WTF?" look on his face, only to discover that instead of coming from a confused ball boy or a malfunctioning Jugs machine, the pass actually had been thrown by his new starting quarterback, Tim Tebow.

For the Broncos, Tebow's scattershot arm left teammates and coaches scratching their heads and ducking for cover. At the same time, to the outside world he had become a transcendent talent. In one of the most remarkable and revealing runs in recent sports history, Tebow combined a magical mix of athleticism, leadership skills and, let's face it, plain old dumb luck to guide the 1-4 Broncos all the way to the 2011 playoffs. To his followers, it was a miracle. Meanwhile, everyone else in the NFL was flashing Fox's "WTF?" face..............

read more @ http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-espn-magazine

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Report: Tebow’s camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL”

"And like a good neighbor, State Farm is there"

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He should open up a bunch of sandwich shops.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Report: Tebow's camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL

To his followers, it was a miracle. Meanwhile, everyone else in the NFL was flashing Fox's "WTF?" face..............
    That pretty much describes me as I sat on the couch in front of my TV at the end of that playoff game.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Unfortunately he had his greatest game against the Steelers in the playoffs. Hope this is our redemption year.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Maybe if he prays really hard on national tv some team will pick him up to boost ticket sales.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    "And like a good neighbor, State Farm is there"

Dwinsgames

if he wants to continue to play in the NFL he can by doing 1 thing ....

agreeing to a position change to TE or H Back hell even a pass catching FB ...

my guess is if he would agree to change pos at the very minimum a half dozen teams would be interested in him and he could be the emergency QB and work a few sub packages as well ....

but he has to be more humble ( inside ) and realize his value is not as a starting QB in this league but he is a good enough athlete to make many teams if he is willing to let go of the QB dream

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Maybe he doesn't want to be in the NFL if he can't be a QB? He has a few million $ he conned out of a couple of teams. He can go to church and never work again if he isn't stupid.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if he wants to continue to play in the NFL he can by doing 1 thing ....

agreeing to a position change to TE or H Back hell even a pass catching FB ...

my guess is if he would agree to change pos at the very minimum a half dozen teams would be interested in him and he could be the emergency QB and work a few sub packages as well ....

but he has to be more humble ( inside ) and realize his value is not as a starting QB in this league but he is a good enough athlete to make many teams if he is willing to let go of the QB dream
    Someone needs to advise him to do just that.

The way to sell it to him is to point out that as long as he's in the NFL, he has a public platform, which he can use to call attention to the plight of orphans in the Phillippines.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

The issue with him, is that along with his horrible mechanics and inability to play QB, he still has that subliminal arrogance that rubs off the wrong way on NFL personnel, and inevitably causes distractions since he is a media darling. His charm has turned into a cancer. Nobody wants to deal with him, because they can sign him as a H back or TE, or even a Linebacker, and the minute the QB of the team trips over a cordless phone, the media will flood out and start the Tebow to QB speculations. He did this to himself, he went all in trying to become a QB, when he should of realized his strengths and weaknesses, and learned to be a team player, not the team hero. Now hes at where hes at. Personally I wish he came to his senses and did quit the QB thing and just became a football player. Youd be surprised how much more of an attraction you may be by just shutting up and doing your job.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

And to think this guy knocked us out of the playoffs.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Hey, he beat us. I'm not going to talk shit about him. Max Starks is released and sits at home 3-6 months every year without being under contract, but is he done? Hell no. He's on a team right now, and he's a damn good player. All of this "Tebow is done" shit is merely the media trying to make yet ANOTHER story out of the Tebow bullshit.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It would be a waste if he's done in the league entirely, because he definitely has value as an offensive player, just not a starting QB. He needs to drop the attitude and be OK about being a wildcard weapon who comes in for like 15 plays a game to catch people off guard. 99% of kids who start playing football would kill even for that opportunity, so tone it down a bit and see what you can do with that, big guy.

Although at this point another problem is that even if he didn't insist on being the QB, most teams would still be reluctant to give him a chance, since wherever he goes the circus comes to town because people are all "OMG TEBOW!!!1!!1!" and won't shut up. Which is also a pretty dumb reason to be unsignable, but there it is.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I think what killed tebows value is the emergence of guys like cam newton, russel Wilson, and colin kapernick it showed teams you don't have to sacrifice your passing game for a qb that can run. Look what the jets did in the draft they went and got geno smith. As far as tebow becoming a fullback or tight end I just don't know why a team would endure the circus that tebow brings when they can go out and get a much more dynamic fullback or tight end for a cheaper price.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    As far as tebow becoming a fullback or tight end I just don't know why a team would endure the circus that tebow brings when they can go out and get a much more dynamic fullback or tight end for a cheaper price.

can they ?

Vet Min for a guy with 3 years tenure is not very expensive especially when you consider what all Tebow would bring to the table in terms of leadership , good team mate , and ability to be your emergency QB ( so only have to carry 2 on active roster ) and play TE ( has enough speed , power and size along with athletic ability ) to potentially be a dominant force at TE .......

just sayin
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 06-02-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: syntax

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    can they ?

Vet Min for a guy with 3 years tenure is not very expensive especially when you consider what all Tebow would bring to the table in terms of leadership , good team mate , and ability to be your emergency QB ( so only have to carry 2 on active roster ) and play TE ( has enough speed , power and size along with athletic ability ) to potentially be a dominant force at TE .......

just sayin
    I don't think tebow is going to play for the vet min right now, as far as te goes at 6'3'' 236 he would be one of the smaller te's in the league. Also hes not a good leaper or a pass catcher he has decent speed but it wouldn't be extraordinary for a TE, I also seriously doubt hes a good blocker. Also I don't think hes a great leader, I mean what kind of great leader cant find a job after 3 years where he mostly rode the bench? A good teammate, maybe but there are not of guys he played with lobbying to keep him around. Maybe your right and he would be a great TE but I dont think he will get the shot because teams will continue to draft these jimmy graham Vernon davis Gronk types before they try an convert a "never was" qb side show. Just my humble opinion.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I don't think tebow is going to play for the vet min right now, as far as te goes at 6'3'' 236 he would be one of the smaller te's in the league. Also hes not a good leaper or a pass catcher he has decent speed but it wouldn't be extraordinary for a TE, I also seriously doubt hes a good blocker. Also I don't think hes a great leader, I mean what kind of great leader cant find a job after 3 years where he mostly rode the bench? A good teammate, maybe but there are not of guys he played with lobbying to keep him around. Maybe your right and he would be a great TE but I dont think he will get the shot because teams will continue to draft these jimmy graham Vernon davis Gronk types before they try an convert a "never was" qb side show. Just my humble opinion.

IF ( note the caps ) cause it is a big if ....

he wants to play and vet min is all he is offered that will be what he plays for or not at all .... he does not have the luxury of making demands ( here is that IF again ) he wants to play ....

its all up to him IMO ...

at this time of year teams get FREE looks on one year vet min deals .....

If I was a GM I will take the free look ... it costs me nothing but a temporary roster spot and some food at the facilities