Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Armed Revolution? 29% of Americans Say Yes

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Armed Revolution? 29% of Americans Say Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Major news stations would do what they are told. That goes for all of them and isn't up for debate. However, I agree with everything else you've said.
    While there is bias in the media, a major story like this would not be ignored by the media no way no how, with all the media outlets out there someone would have picked this up.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    While there is bias in the media, a major story like this would not be ignored by the media no way no how, with all the media outlets out there someone would have picked this up.

Yes it would. Just about every single high exec in the media has a spouse working in the Obama administration. They are intertwined.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Just like they're on top of the benghazi cover up?
    Or trying to help sweep it under the rug.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Every major media outlet is for-profit. They will do what they are told to protect their interests as a company. It isn't up for debate. So move on.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Can't cosign on that one. The media ignores huge stories all the time.

But having said that, people need to lay off the Alex Jones. There aren't UN tanks invading New England. Loosen up the Reynold's Wrap.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Can't cosign on that one. The media ignores huge stories all the time.

But having said that, people need to lay off the Alex Jones. There aren't UN tanks invading New England. Loosen up the Reynold's Wrap.
    some outlets do but not all, you really think fox news would miss out on an opportunity like that?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

some outlets do but not all, you really think fox news would miss out on an opportunity like that?
    Yup. The only outfit I think would actually report it would be the New York Times. They are lefties, but they are the last bastion of true uncompromising investigative journalism. Gotta give them props for that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Yup. The only outfit I think would actually report it would be the New York Times. They are lefties, but they are the last bastion of true uncompromising investigative journalism. Gotta give them props for that.
    I just cant see fox news missing that opportunity.

"If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Every major media outlet is for-profit. They will do what they are told to protect their interests as a company. It isn't up for debate. So move on.
    Told by whom?

I think the other issue with major media outlets is HOW they report the stories.

They can take just about any story they want and spin it so that it is consistent with their end game.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Told by whom?

I think the other issue with major media outlets is HOW they report the stories.

They can take just about any story they want and spin it so that it is consistent with their end game.
    Or edit it to fit their agenda. See msdnc as an example.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wanted to bump this topic due to the information that has come to light in the last month. I'm curious to see if anyone has changed their position on this possibility due to what we now know.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Can the whole revolution be captured on an instagram video? If not you can count out a majority of the 18-29 demographic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    Can the whole revolution be captured on an instagram video? If not you can count out a majority of the 18-29 demographic.

Hahaha good one

I wanted to bump this topic due to the information that has come to light in the last month. I'm curious to see if anyone has changed their position on this possibility due to what we now know.
    Over the last 7 years, we had 3 other whistleblowers go to the press with a story that was juicier than COINTELPRO, CHAOS, and Watergate all rolled into one, and they didn't run it.
    So no... doesn't change my mind.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dwinsgames

While we can make jokes or deny the reality going on in front of our eyes, it does not make it any less real. Is the joke really on us, that we have allowed it to get this far.

How much further will we allow it? Our children are attacked in school for just being kids. A child actually faced jail time for a T-Shirt. Children are suspended for finger guns, or aiming a pencil.

Like it or not it is no longer just about us. It is about our children and future generations, and generations past!

You see many have shed their blood so that we could live free, and our freedom is eroding bit by bit! But we can't unite and step out of comfort zones to Respect the sacrifices made on our behalf!

Everyone says there is a time, when is that time? When the banks close, our food supply is gone, the foreign troops outnumber us, or when we wake up to our doors being busted in because a riot has broken out and martial law has been declared?

So the question to ask are you going to stand up and fight for your country and restore it while there is a hint of it left, or wait until all has been lost?

Is America in a Pre-Revolutionary State this July 4th?

As we approach July 4, 2013, is America in a pre-revolutionary state? Are we headed for a Tahrir Square of our own with the attendant mammoth social turmoil, possibly even violence.

Could it happen here?

We are two-thirds of the way into the most incompetent presidency in our history. People everywhere are fed up. Even many of the so-called liberals who propelled Barack Obama into office have stopped defending him in the face of an unprecedented number of scandals coming at us one after the other like hideous monsters in some non-stop computer game.

And now looming is the monster of monsters, ObamaCare, the healthcare reform almost no one wanted and fewer understood.

It will be administered by the Internal Revenue Service, an organization that has been revealed to be a kind of post-modern American Gestapo, asking not just to examine our accounting books but the books we read. What could be more totalitarian than that?

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal warns the costs of ObamaCare are close to tripling what were promised, and the number of doctors in our country is rapidly diminishing. No more “My son, the doctor!” It doesn’t pay.

And young people most of all will not be able to afford escalating health insurance costs and will end up paying the fine to the IRS, simultaneously bankrupting the health system and enhancing the brutal power of the IRS — all this while unemployment numbers remain near historical highs.

No one knows how many have given up looking for work while crony capitalist friends of the administration enrich themselves on mythological clean-energy projects.

In fact, everywhere we look on this July Fourth sees a great civilization in decline. And much of that decline can be laid at the foot of the incumbent. Especially his own people, African Americans, have suffered. Their unemployment numbers are catastrophic, their real needs ignored while hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson, and, sadly, even the president fan the flames of non-existent racism.

Tahrir Square anyone?

Ironically, if our society enters a revolutionary phase, liberals will find themselves in the role of the Islamists, defending a shopworn and reactionary ideology on religious grounds, because it is only their faith that holds their ideas together at this point.

The facts of the American decline tell us otherwise. We don’t need the contempt of Vladimir Putin to remind us how bad things are and that the seeming result of the end of the Cold War is that American presidents are now mocked by the second coming of the KGB (not that it was ever gone).

We all know the famous Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times!

We certainly are, and I am of two minds about it. Like so many Americans, I have lived a comfortable, privileged life, vastly so compared to most of human history.

But I am filled with foreboding about what’s to come, indeed about what is already here. When I look at the masses swarming in Tahrir Square, I am at once repelled and attracted, repelled because, to be honest, I find their culture more than a bit crazy, but attracted because I know something is seriously wrong, not just in Egypt but in the USA.
    http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/...inglepage=true

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Nice Facebook link at the bottom of that picture.