Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami WR Mike Wallace doesn't understand homosexuality, he tweets

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Miami WR Mike Wallace doesn't understand homosexuality, he tweets

I haven't read the SI story yet, so perhaps this is unfair of me. But to me this is a great career move by Collins coming out now, not an act of bravery as is being proposed all though the media and political spectrum. This guy is 34 years old and is coming off a season where he averaged 1.6 points and 1 rebound per game. Chances are, had he not outed himself his career was over. Now you can virtually bet that Stern will convince some team to take him on as the last guy on the bench. Because now if Collins doesn't get a job it's "homophobia" and God only knows what lengths Stern will go to to avoid that from happening. And even if by chance I'm wrong and he doesn't catch on with a team he's the new poster boy for the Gay movement, book deals and Oprah await. So anyway you cut this he benifits from a career standpoint by coming out now.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I haven't read the SI story yet, so perhaps this is unfair of me. But to me this is a great career move by Collins coming out now, not an act of bravery as is being proposed all though the media and political spectrum. This guy is 34 years old and is coming off a season where he averaged 1.6 points and 1 rebound per game. Chances are, had he not outed himself his career was over. Now you can virtually bet that Stern will convince some team to take him on as the last guy on the bench. Because now if Collins doesn't get a job it's "homophobia" and God only knows what lengths Stern will go to to avoid that from happening. And even if by chance I'm wrong and he doesn't catch on with a team he's the new poster boy for the Gay movement, book deals and Oprah await. So anyway you cut this he benifits from a career standpoint by coming out now.

Not to mention the endorsement deals for Preparation H, condoms and Secret deodorant.
    All Defense!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Hines Ward doesn’t believe football is ready for openly gay player

“I don’t think football is ready, there’s too many guys in the locker room and, you know, guys play around too much,” Ward told Erik Kuselias earlier today on NBC Sports Radio.

“Hopefully one guy comes out of the closet and will be comfortable with himself,” Ward said. “I don’t have anything against a gay football player or a gay person period so if he does, he has support from me. I want people to live their lives for who they are and don’t have to hide behind closed doors to do that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ayer/#comments

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Not to mention the endorsement deals for Preparation H, condoms and Secret deodorant.
    ....and kindles

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I object to the media "shoving their gay stuff down our throats".

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    To paraphrase Andrew Dice Clay, "how can you look at another guy's hairy ass and say 'oh yeah, gotta get me some of that!'?"
    I couldnt help but to read that in ADC accent. "Im ova hea now"

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    I object to the media "shoving their gay stuff down our throats".
    I don't have an issue with gays. Like Mike, I don't really understand how a dude could be gay because I'm not, but I guess I would be labeled a supporter if it came right down to it. But the media is definitely shoving it down our throats.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Well, you're all guys, of course you cant understand men liking men.

Understand Lesbians? yup.

sadly though the majority of gay hate is deprived from religion.
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post

Amen

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

It seems like everyone is coming out of the closet now adays, but like Rodney Carrington asked, does anyone ever go into the closet?

Anyway, I just don't get it. To me it is not natural, and if you think I am a simpleton, then so be it. I have friends that are gay and have a child together thanks to science, and an uncle who just recently came out of the afformentioned closet. I have the view of it not being natural in that if everyone were gay, human's would cease to exist, and they would have ceased to exist way before science found a way for gay humans to have kids. I am not a gay hater, just don't understand it and honestly probably never will. Not closed minded, just human. But what is really pissing me off is that anyone and everyone who pronounces they are gay is a hero of some sorts, but anyone who states they don't agree with the lifestyle or don't understand it is a flat out gay basher. Why?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    It seems like everyone is coming out of the closet now adays, but like Rodney Carrington asked, does anyone ever go into the closet?

Anyway, I just don't get it. To me it is not natural, and if you think I am a simpleton, then so be it. I have friends that are gay and have a child together thanks to science, and an uncle who just recently came out of the afformentioned closet. I have the view of it not being natural in that if everyone were gay, human's would cease to exist, and they would have ceased to exist way before science found a way for gay humans to have kids. I am not a gay hater, just don't understand it and honestly probably never will. Not closed minded, just human. But what is really pissing me off is that anyone and everyone who pronounces they are gay is a hero of some sorts, but anyone who states they don't agree with the lifestyle or don't understand it is a flat out gay basher. Why?
    Nobody is asking for anyone to agree with the lifestyle they are simply asking for tolerance, if you dont agree thats fine but when you come out and tell people they are living unatural because they arent like you then you are passing judgment on them. Also being gay is natural people are born gay, you dont make a choice on your sexuality, Its not like you came to a point in your life where you had to choose to be heterosexual. Your saying i want to tell people how wrong and unatural their gay lifestyle is, essentially bashing gay lifestyle, but i dont understand why i get labeled a gay basher.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Personally I dont care if someone wants to be gay but why do we need it shoved down our throats. This guy likes dudes I like women. What Wallace said is no deal but the media needs to cater to any minority to make a story.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Nobody is asking for anyone to agree with the lifestyle they are simply asking for tolerance, if you dont agree thats fine but when you come out and tell people they are living unatural because they arent like you then you are passing judgment on them. Also being gay is natural people are born gay, you dont make a choice on your sexuality, Its not like you came to a point in your life where you had to choose to be heterosexual. Your saying i want to tell people how wrong and unatural their gay lifestyle is, essentially bashing gay lifestyle, but i dont understand why i get labeled a gay basher.
    So noone can disagree with anyone anymore, or anyone's lifestyle, or just simply not understand thier lifestyle? Got it, buying my ticket to Utopia now!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    So noone can disagree with anyone anymore, or anyone's lifestyle, or just simply not understand thier lifestyle? Got it, buying my ticket to Utopia now!
    Its not a lfestyle choice its who they are, what exactly are you disagreeing with?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

"deprived"

Seriously though I don't think it's derived exclusively or even majoritively from religion. I think people are just uncomfortable around gays for any number of reasons. Some rationale, some not.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    "deprived"

lol my mistake. I know the difference. as im deprived of sleep right now had sleep on my mind. 2 jobs does that to ya

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

lol my mistake. I know the difference. as im deprived of sleep right now had sleep on my mind. 2 jobs does that to ya
    Get some rest friend.

I am going to agree with Zu on this.

While religion may not condone it I don't know that they hate the sinner, just the perceived sin.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Its about attraction mike its not really a choice, thats like saying you dont understand why all women arent gay because men are so unattractive.
    I *don't* understand why all women aren't gay and we men *are* unattractive. I'm a staunch supporter of gay rights, and I don't get it either.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I *don't* understand why all women aren't gay and we men *are* unattractive. I'm a staunch supporter of gay rights, and I don't get it either.
    really you don't understand why all women are not gay?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

really you don't understand why all women are not gay?
    Did I stutter?
    No. I don't. Women are much more aesthetically pleasing creatures than men. Women look like sculpture, while men look like half- shaved chimps. Why any of them would allow us big lumpy smelly trolls to wallow on them is beyond me.
    /not that I'm complaining, mind you
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

ahhh, C'mon Slash! look at that, Ryan gosling. you know you dream about him. you'd let him drive your getaway car any day

ahhh, C'mon Slash! look at that, Ryan gosling. you know you dream about him. you'd let him drive your getaway car any day

Is he "attractive"? Looks walleyed and furry to me...