Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Just picked this up on another site: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/15...+Crosby+in+jaw

During a scrum in the dying seconds of the second period, Chara apparently delivered a blow square to Crosby’s injured jaw while the Penguins star was being held by Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron.

The Penguins provided TSN with footage of Chara punching Crosby, claiming it to be from Game 1.
    Now I was at the game and saw this happen. But the fact that the Pens sent footage of the incident to TSN makes absolutely no sense. What the hell are they hoping to accomplish? And besides, Crosby knew what he was getting into. Iron jaw or not, if you're on the ice getting into scrums, you risk getting punched in the face. It's as simple as that. This is just another example of the whining and arrogance coming from this organization, from the top down, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. It's no wonder they are one of the most, if not the most, hated teams in the league. Just shut up, accept the fact that you lost, stop making excuses for and pampering your players, and pop in a DVD of the 2009 Cup title run to remind yourselves what it takes to win it.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Just picked this up on another site: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/15...+Crosby+in+jaw

Now I was at the game and saw this happen. But the fact that the Pens sent footage of the incident to TSN makes absolutely no sense. What the hell are they hoping to accomplish? And besides, Crosby knew what he was getting into. Iron jaw or not, if you're on the ice getting into scrums, you risk getting punched in the face. It's as simple as that. This is just another example of the whining and arrogance coming from this organization, from the top down, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. It's no wonder they are one of the most, if not the most, hated teams in the league. Just shut up, accept the fact that you lost, stop making excuses for and pampering your players, and pop in a DVD of the 2009 Cup title run to remind yourselves what it takes to win it.
    I can understand both sides of the argument. I believe that its part of the game and that its going to happen. I don't see why the Penguins would bring this up. Then again, if you look at the pictures, Sid wasn't able to defend himself because he was being held from behind. I think at this point and time, they should just let it go and focus on the off-season.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Dear Hawks please shoot the damn puck and win at the dot please ....

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Bruins made them look like the Pens with the shut-out . Great defensive hockey, I gotta give Boston credit.

in other news -

Don Cherry calls Malkin a dog and a loser

Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin last week was given an eight-year, $76 million contract extension despite his lack of production vs. the Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals. Cherry made it clear he’s not a fan of the 26-year-old Russian.

“I wouldn’t give that guy anything,” Cherry said. “I think he’s a dog — a talented dog. He turns it on when he wants to turn it on. He couldn’t play for the Bruins, I’ll tell you that.

You’re going to say, ‘Well, what about [Jaromir] Jagr?’ Jagr’s out there giving every ounce he’s got every time. I don’t know if he can score, but he’s giving every ounce he can. You can’t compare them.

“I wouldn’t have that Malkin. I know he’s talented, I know. But to me, he’s a loser, as far as I’m concerned.”

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...alkin-a-loser/

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Losers don't win Conn Smythe Trophies. So shut the fuck up, Don.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Losers wear jackets with giant red carnations all over them. Seriously?

Grapes is a great Canadian hero - but he think's all non-Boston Europeans are soft

ye-ah

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Losers don't win Conn Smythe Trophies. So shut the fuck up, Don.
    This!

Lets go hawks!! a PP goal would be sweet

Way to go Hawks..... 6-5 in OT

Series tied 2-2

2-0 Hawks!

you go boys!

where have all the homers gone? this is great hockey

Sorry, when the Pens season ended, that was it for me. I could give a damn about the SCF. I've turned my attention to the draft and free agency.

I've decided - we trade Letang to Chicago for Bickell - he's all over the place

Sorry, when the Pens season ended, that was it for me. I could give a damn about the SCF
    the Pens choked as soon as you gave them your blessings - I don't blame you for running and hiding - I hear there were patrols out looking for you

meanwhile, if Hawks raise the Cup in Boston - that would a slap in the face

I kinda want 7 games though

Congrats to the Hawks and to DDF - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions. I'm both jealous and pissed, because despite having the 2 best players in the world, the Penguins will never lift Lord Stanley's Cup again.

a shocker - a stunner - my man Bickell scores the tieing goal and the collapse started - 2 goals in 17 sec and Boston loses it all in the final minute!

totally awesome game - congrats Blackhawks

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Baby Baptized in the Cup ???

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Not much for hockey personally, but thanks to the typical Masshole mentality I'm still glad they got it stuck up their ass, particularly in the stunning (and painful) fashion that it happened.

And congrats on the Blackhawks' win to Scott (DDF).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Awesome series. One if the best of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

That was an amazing finish!! I loved the fact the Bruins fans stuck around to boo ha ha i am sure that put a damper on the celebration (insert evil laugh here). i waited all my life to see the hawks win a cup now they have done it twice in 4 years!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I love the tradition of passing the cup around the ice. Congrats, Scott! Thanks for sticking it straight up in Beantown! Nice job.

I had better see Penguins in that picture next season, or everyone needs to be fired. And I mean EVERYONE. I'm sick of their constant failure with all of the talent they have, and I'm tired of watching other teams lifting the Cup. 2009 was so much fun, not to mention eons ago, and I want to experience that again.

Well i think the cup will spend a day in Gibsonia with Bradon Saad ( my sons new favorite hawk cause he has to be a steelers fan). it is amazing how well he played in the playoffs, didnt score a ton, but made plays when he need too and he is only going to get better he is 20 and has his name on the cup already

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Congrats to the Hawks and to you DDF!