Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Ottawa Senators defenceman Eric Gryba has been suspended two games by the National Hockey League for his hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Lars Eller

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422306

looked like a clean hip check to me

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

Ottawa Senators defenceman Eric Gryba has been suspended two games by the National Hockey League for his hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Lars Eller

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422306

looked like a clean hip check to me
    That's a media suspension, not a hockey suspension. The Montreal defender that made the pass should be flogged.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Complete bullshit. So let it now be known that if you hit a player through the shoulder/chest from the side, you had better pray he doesn't get hurt. I mean, really? If that was a player on any other team besides Montreal, the hit doesn't even get a second look. Shanahan channeling his inner Roger Goodell and letting the media influence his decisions.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Well that sucked. a whole season gaining home ice advantage throughout the eastern conference playoffs lost in 60 shitty minutes of play.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

That sucked. I hope this doesn't turn into a series like the one from last year. I would be so pissed.

The dreaded 2-0 lead. Way to fuck it up boys, they got cocky and sloppy. Pathetic defense. Fucking lazy Russians.

Lazy is lazy, and Malkin sure is lazy with the puck. Letang must be part Russian too.

Can anyone pass without turning it over?

and Meathead Fleury blows a 3-1 lead - stay in your fucking net you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring in Vokoun for game 3

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Uh huh. Looks like they definitely have learned nothing from last season.

Isles in 7. Lock it down.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

It was one bad game for Christ's sake.

Pens in 6. Lock that down.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

You were right, the 2012 Penguins have just arrived on stage.

LOL - reporter just asked Bylsma what he was thinking with the line combinations

Disco panics, 'Let's see, I'll sit Bennett for the last period....and use my supersecret weapon of a Glass-Malkin-Adams line'

Shero and Mario better send a message down that Dan is on the hotseat, along with his goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It was one bad game for Christ's sake.
    They used up all their excuses like that last year

How do you get fooled by shots off the boards IN YOUR OWN ARENA ???

Not once, but twice

How, Fleury, how?

That screaming you heard when they scored their 3rd goal was me....I wanted him pulled then

I had a feeling

I do give the Islanders full credit, they came out determined to win a playoff game.

We came out for a scrimmage.

It's not over until someone wins 4 games. Yeah Fleury was an idiot for giving up two goals he shouldn't have. but overall his play has been rock solid through two games. You got to ride him at least through the start of game 3.

Other than that I think the distraction of Sid got everyone a little bit this game. Instead of worrying about their own assignment, concentrating on what they needed to do to get a win, players go into scectator mode and got caught in the moment of Sid.

Just need a better all around effort and we should be able to take at least one on the Island.

that I think the distraction of Sid got everyone a little bit this game. Instead of worrying about their own assignment, concentrating on what they needed to do to get a win, players go into spectator mode and got caught in the moment of Sid.

Just need a better all around effort and we should be able to take at least one on the Island.
    now that I'm somewhat more sober, I'm starting to remember the horror show better

The minute I saw Bylsma on the dry erase board I knew we were doomed. He couldn't figure out they were baiting the Pens to use the 50 ft stretch passes and getting turnover after turnover off it. But instead of going back to basics with the dump and chase to get it deep he benches Bennett instead. Great strategery there.

yeah - they got complacent after going up 2-0, after that they quit the safe and simple plays they've been using to win and went right back to the fucking pond hockey I told them not to. Behind the back blind drop passes to nobody and nobody willing to do the dirty work on the boards.

Bring back Vitale and Despres to add some speed to the defense. I can't believe Bylsma had Murray and Engelland (who was beyond horrible) paired up on together defense, slow and slower doesn't work Danny boy.

Even after all that they still had a 3-1 lead and would have won but for the knucklehead in goal. Shades of Philly all over again.

I don't remember the team being this careless with the puck at any point during this season. 11 giveaways in this game is inexcusable

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

IF this team fails to bring home the cup, Bylsma has to go.

Bylsma’s obsessive vet preference is a big problem and he will keep his favorites in to a fault. You watch, he'll keep Tanner Glass over Vitale, add TK and bench Bennett.

And once again he pounded that square peg into a round hole by putting Iglina on Malkin's LW all game - -wtf????
    How stubborn can you get?

Poor Despres, when we needed speed and puck handling the most, we got none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    IF this team fails to bring home the cup, Bylsma has to go.

If they lose again in the first round ( they wont) how could you not fire him? Three straight years of losing to lower seeded teams, if that doesn't get you fired you've got compromising pictures of someone higher up.

- - - Updated - - -

All I want for my birthday tommorow is a Penguins win!

All I want for my birthday tommorow is a Penguins win!
    Happy Birthday!

I hate noon games, I'm not used to drinking at 9 a.m. again in my old age

I just watched the Leafs manhandle the Broons

they had a 3-1 lead and won 4-2 - no buttfumbles by their goalie

I just watched the Leafs manhandle the Broons

they had a 3-1 lead and won 4-2 - no buttfumbles by their goalie
    Leafs impressed me that they did not fold up like a cheap suit. The Bruins were coming on with 10 minutes to go. Now this series is very interesting.

lots of interesting games

two today go 1-0, one in OT

I don't think the Pens have the temperment to play like that - - they need some patience to win in playoff hockey

lots of interesting games

two today go 1-0, one in OT

I don't think the Pens have the temperment to play like that - - they need some patience to win in playoff hockey
    They only seem to be able to do that when they have the big guys out of the lineup. When they're in, they try to turn into the Harlem Globetrotters. And that is what is going to keep them from winning this series despite being vastly superior to the Islanders in every fashion. I blame Bylsma for that, and if they have another first-round exit after being given all of this extra help, he should be fired immediately.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Hey look nothing new the Islander fans are actually loud on their home ice and give their team something to play for. Hear Consol the last two games, I could hear a feather drop. Sad Sad how awful Pens fans are.

- - - Updated - - -

And now the Pens are down 2-0 early and taking stupid penalties. The Isles are playing physical and just like the Flyers and sadly the Pens are falling for it and playing foolish. What a game this will be.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Now that is more like it. 3-2 Pens after 1. Keep it going.

Senior Member Array title="crcsnail has a spectacular aura about"> crcsnail's Avatar

im seeing this one. found a nice stream and its not on at stupid oclock

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

The Pens clearly haven't learned from last year's playoff series against the Flyers. Way to go, Pens! Keep playing like crap against a crappy team!

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Come on Pens - put this away!!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Not liking this effort.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Good job. We pulled it off.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    The Pens clearly haven't learned from last year's playoff series against the Flyers. Way to go, Pens! Keep playing like crap against a crappy team!
    I'm not sure the Islanders are a crappy team at this point. Still, we should win this series with less struggle.

I know these must win statements are meaningless, but I just could not see us coming back to win this series if the Pens lose this in OT. Sure, we probably would have bounced back in game four, but I think we would have been toast. On the other hand, if we would have been blown out today , as it looked like early, then maybe that becomes a wake up and we get on a roll(not that I am wishing we lost). However, losing in OT today would have been a proverbial nail, imo. Now we have home advantage for at least two games. Win game four in New York and I can start breathing a little.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot12mInstead of woooooooooooo, perhaps a wheeeeeew is in order

ain't that the truth!