Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    Added. Thanks!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Brenden Morrow is trying out the 'sex before games is good' formula

hey, is that your mom?
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 05-01-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: syntax

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Pretty sure that's not him. But if I'm wrong, I'm sure his wife will be thrilled to see that picture.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

So the Leafs are in the second season. First time in 9 years. If I were Boston, I would run at Reimer all night. I want the Leafs to do well, but, I've been burned too many times in 46 years. 46 friggin' years, man!

Hope I get to see some of the Pens game as well.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Love all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Pretty sure that's not him.
    and you would be wrong

Lets go boys!!

kick some ass

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    So the Leafs are in the second season. First time in 9 years. If I were Boston, I would run at Reimer all night. I want the Leafs to do well, but, I've been burned too many times in 46 years. 46 friggin' years, man!

Hope I get to see some of the Pens game as well.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

4-0 - Pens on fire. Every time I look away they score. Not sure what that means, but they look great right now.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Yeah, that's how they played tonight. Or didn't play. Pens are looking good.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Neal ...Damn, I hope it is not concussion symptoms.

Now Yoke is down on a dirty hit. Are we going to have anybody left?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

That was an excellent win and a great way to start the series. The Pens pretty much dominated the game from start to beginning. Flower was fantastic tonight and we also have to give it up to the defense for helping him out. Also, the PK was excellent tonight and that was the biggest woe of last year. I hope that it is fixed for good, but there certainly were a lot of penalties tonight and I hope that there will be more discipline on Friday night.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Just hope Joker and Neal are ok. What a dirty hit that was on Joker!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

looked like it was Neal's leg/ankle there was a video of it on the pens blog...I will be very surprised if we see Neal again this year....I hope I'm wrong but it wasn't good.
    Last edited by I-Want-Troy's-Hair; 05-02-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
    looked like it was Neal's leg/ankle there was a video of it on the pens blog...I will be very surprised if we see Neal again this year....I hope I'm wrong but it wasn't good.
    It's playoff time. If he can walk (and he apparently took another shift on it before leaving the game), tape it up and get out there.

All this win did was guarantee that the Pens won't be swept. I expect the Isles to have a much better effort Friday and pick up the W, along with home-ice advantage.

Isles are a fucking joke.

Cheap ass punk bitches, can't compete, so go for the knees. Totally classless franchise. Tavares acts like a scared little bitch when he gets slapped around, 0 shots on goal.

"OMG! Bennett is playing and scores? He should be in the AHL where he belongs. This game will ruin his development!"

BWAhahahaha

I have to admit, Bennett has made a believer out of me. He earned that lineup spot last night. Kid's going to be something special.

Beau's first shift and first shot of his first NHL playoff game he scores the game winning goal!

suh-weet!

Beau Knows Playoffs

Ever since the moment Bennett was drafted, the Penguins organization and its fans have been anticipating the kind of NHL player he would be. His silky smooth hands, craftiness, smarts and vision were readily apparent even as a raw 18-year-old hockey player, and it was exciting to think of how those would translate to the NHL level as he matured.

That being said, Bennett turned 21 years old in November and is still growing and developing. So when he got called up from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for the first time on Feb. 15, you didn’t want to have too high of expectations. After all, he’s still a kid in many ways.

But much to everyone’s delighted surprise, Bennett has been playing way beyond his years in his time with Pittsburgh – and is looking like the player everyone hoped he would be. And he showed that on Wednesday in the biggest game of his career so far, playing calm, composed and poised.

more

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Looks like Neal rolled his ankle, he did play one shift after he got hurt - so maybe it isn't too bad

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 2m-Jokinen, injured later in Game 1, is on the ice for practice. Orpik is coming onto the ice for practice.

http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status...83949101228032

Crosby is first Penguin on the ice for practice #Pens -SK

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/...80515056754689

Crosby centering Kunitz, Dupuis at #Penguins practice.

https://twitter.com/pgshelly/statuse...86603571355648

Crosby sure practicing like a guy who is playing soon. Lots of signs pointing that way today.

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/st...93834333368320

CROSBY WITH REGULAR LINEMATES; NEAL NOT AT PENGUINS PRACTICE

There was some good news and some bad news at Pittsburgh Penguins practice on Thursday.

Sidney Crosby may have taken another step towards returning, as he skated with his regular linemates, Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis.

Crosby has been out of action for one month with a broken jaw.

After the practice, Crosby told the media that his status hasn't changed and he's still not cleared to play. He also stated that he has no scheduled appointment with his doctor.

James Neal however, was not at practice. The 25-year-old left Pittsburgh's 5-0 win over the New York Islanders on Wednesday with an ankle injury.

Also, Jussi Jokinen practiced with the team after leaving Wednesday's game with an apparent knee injury. Islanders forward Marty Reasoner was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct on the play but will not face any further discipline from the league

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422210

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I watched that game on tv in the Florida Keys. The Islanders suck.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

That injury to Neal looks high ankle sprain-ish, which would suck since it would put him out for a while.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Switching to the AHL Calder Cup playoffs for a moment... The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins swept their first round series against the Binghamton Senators with a dramatic, come-from-behind 3-2 home victory tonight. It was a fun game to be at, that's for sure! Here's a snapshot of the game-winning goal courtesy of the team:

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeHorn View Post
    That injury to Neal looks high ankle sprain-ish, which would suck since it would put him out for a while.
    nah - He was walking around with a slight limp after practice according to reports, no crutches or boot, give him a couple games, he'll be back - as long as it's not his head - we're OK

Blues and Kings is a sloberknocker series - end to end action and Blues win - go up 2-0

had to laugh at Habs fans, up 2-1 in 3rd, then start Ole Ole Ole chant and give up 2 goals and lose to Sens...ahahahahah

now they get the back to back tonight, it's a bloodbath

Last edited by Spike; 05-03-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Penguins notebook: Neal unlikely to play Game 2

Bylsma - don't even ask about injuries

"There's no update and I'm not going to give you one."

I figured as much. Oh well, it's Beau's time once again. It's nice to have the luxury of replacing one high-end skill player with another. I still think the Isles will win tonight, though.

He's baaaaack...

Crosby Returns; Back in Lineup for Game 2

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby makes his postseason debut Friday night in Game 2 against the NY Islanders at CONSOL Energy Center in the opening round Stanley Cup playoff series.
    Crosby, who missed Game 1 Wednesday and the last 12 games of the regular season with a broken jaw, met with his doctor Thursday after practice and was cleared to return to game action.

“I’m cleared to play tonight,” Crosby said. “I’m excited to get back in there and play in the playoffs.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Guess 48hrs does make a difference

“(The doctor) was around and I wasn’t sure if he would give me the OK or even consider it. I’m happy that he did and happy to be back. ... He's comfortable with me getting hit at this point. That's the biggest thing. He has to be comfortable putting me out there. To hear him say that allows me to be comfortable, too."

Great to get Sid back but I hope the rest of the Pens don't let up and think they can take a rest now.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins #Pens line rushes at morning skate:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis,
    Bennett-Malkin-Iginla,
    Morrow-Sutter-Cooke,
    Glass-Jokinen-Adams.