Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

call him up Mario

John Hynes is in his third season as head coach of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League.

Over the past two seasons, Hynes has led WBS to a 102-46-2-6 overall record, two Calder Cup playoff berths and the 2011 AHL regular-season championship while being named the 2011 AHL coach of the year. He recorded his 100th win on Apr. 6 versus Hershey, doing so in just 152 games, becoming the fastest in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton history to accomplish this feat and second-fastest ever in the AHL.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I want to bring this to everyone's attention:

Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury

OTTAWA — Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is refusing to divulge any information pertaining to injuries during the postseason, but evidence suggests that something is physically impairing left wing Brenden Morrow.

The veteran left Tuesday's practice early at Scotiabank Place and later walked past a group of reporters with the team's head trainer, Chris Stewart, by his side.

Morrow is believed to be dealing with an upper-body injury, though it is believed he will attempt to play in Game 4 against the Senators on Wednesday.

Following a stretch late in the regular season that saw Morrow pile up six goals and 14 points in 15 games with the Penguins, expectations for him were high entering the postseason. However, Morrow has produced just one goal and three points in nine playoff games and is a minus-3. He has bounced between third and fourth line duty during most of the postseason.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2Tyg8wwuy

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Love Morrow's warrior spirit, but if he's hurt, he shouldn't play. Play Jokinen or Jeffrey instead.

As for the Baby Pens, I really hope they complete the comeback. That would be awesome.

Morrow is believed to be dealing with an upper-body injury, though it is believed he will attempt to play in Game 4 against the Senators on Wednesday.

We want BEAU!

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Anderson is the only reason that Ottawa can beat the Pens. He was stellar last game and has picked up where he left off for this game.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    Anderson is the only reason that Ottawa can beat the Pens. He was stellar last game and has picked up where he left off for this game.
    Yep.

The Pens had their chance to bury them on Sunday and failed hard. Anderson and the Sens are now going to take over and win this series.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

2-2 Come on Pens!!!! Have faith SU fans!

- - - Updated - - -

There you go!!!!! 3-2!!!!!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Sorry - just have to say 6-2!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!! Give them some credit!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

6-2? Holy shit!

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

7-2, woot!

Okay - I will go away now after posting this....7-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta give the Ottawa fans credit, down 7-2 and they are still chanting "Lets go Ottawa"

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yep.

The Pens had their chance to bury them on Sunday and failed hard. Anderson and the Sens are now going to take over and win this series.
    Oh yeah. They're taking something. Taking it in the ASS, XT. Go pens!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

The Pens lose a damn game and people are counting them out of the series. Come on man. Have some faith! Go Pens! RED HOT!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have made AHL history!! The Baby Pens came all the way back to win their 2nd round series in 7 games after falling behind 0-3 to start the series! Tonight's final score: WBS Pens - 5, Providence Bruins - 0. WBS outscored Providence 11-1 the last 3 games.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    6-2? Holy shit!
    Yeah, but after getting up 7-2 they let down just as XT likely would have predicted and let the Sens back in the game with a power play goal Worthless bastards!

Sorry for the shot XT, but deep down you know you deserve it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    The Pens lose a damn game and people are counting them out of the series. Come on man. Have some faith! Go Pens! RED HOT!
    Series ain't over yet. 2011 - Pens up 3-1 against Tampa...lost 4-3, including a 1-0 loss in game 7 at home. So I'm still sticking with my prediction.

EDIT - and Zu, do you see why now I don't have faith in them? Too many fucking letdowns and they give up goals. They need to stop that bullshit and play 60 FULL MINUTES!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have made AHL history!! The Baby Pens came all the way back to win their 2nd round series in 7 games after falling behind 0-3 to start the series! Tonight's final score: WBS Pens - 5, Providence Bruins - 0. WBS outscored Providence 11-1 the last 3 games.
    Now THAT'S a team I can get behind. A team that never, ever gives up. Congrats to the Baby Pens and coach Hynes!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Series ain't over yet. 2011 - Pens up 3-1 against Tampa...lost 4-3, including a 1-0 loss in game 7 at home. So I'm still sticking with my prediction.

EDIT - and Zu, do you see why now I don't have faith in them? Too many fucking letdowns and they give up goals. They need to stop that bullshit and play 60 FULL MINUTES!
    They were playing without Crosby and Cooke that series. This is a better team than the one that lost to the Lightning.

We'll wrap it up in 5 as I predicted.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Seems as though you WANT them to lose. The "series ain't over yet" is the mentality of a fan of the team that's down in the series, not the team that's ahead. I'm not asking anyone to lick the Pens nuts, i'm simply suggesting that MAYBE we give them the credit they deserve! They've had inconsistency, but they're getting the job done! 7-3. Game. A great one, too.

Seems as though you WANT them to lose. The "series ain't over yet" is the mentality of a fan of the team that's down in the series, not the team that's ahead. I'm not asking anyone to lick the Pens nuts, i'm simply suggesting that MAYBE we give them the credit they deserve! They've had inconsistency, but they're getting the job done! 7-3. Game. A great one, too.
    I don't WANT them to lose. After the past 3 years, I've come to EXPECT them to fuck up royally. Big, big difference there. But like I said, if they manage to win the series, I'm donating $25 to the site. See, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

I don't WANT them to lose. After the past 3 years, I've come to EXPECT them to fuck up royally. Big, big difference there. But like I said, if they manage to win the series, I'm donating $25 to the site. See, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.
    Hey, I predicted the Steelers would lose the wild-card game in 2005. Difference is, when I was wrong, and we won, I didn't stick my foot in my mouth for the rest of the playoffs. Turned out pretty good, too. We won the Super Bowl.

I'll admit I wasn't too optimistic coming into the first series, but we won. We have control of this series, and I won't jump off a damn bridge if we lose the next game. I'll be sitting in front of my TV cheering the on all way! Go Pens!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Great game by the Pens tonight. They outplayed the Sens for majority of the game and didn't let their foot off the gas, which is so important. Great win guys, great win.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know... I say that too and I'm a very optimistic fan majority of the time. I say it because I look at things in a realistic way. So I do believe the series is not over yet, but I do believe the Pens could wrap this series up on Friday night.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Bob Pompeani@KDPomp26m
    Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/sens-alfredsson-we-probably-wont-win-this-series/ … via @HalfordPHT

Wow. It's one thing for fans to doubt.........

Adam Gretz@AGretz44m
    So let me get this straight: The guy nominated for the "leadership award" just pretty much gave up on his team coming back?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Bob Pompeani@KDPomp26m
    Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/sens-alfredsson-we-probably-wont-win-this-series/ … via @HalfordPHT

Adam Gretz@AGretz44m
    So let me get this straight: The guy nominated for the "leadership award" just pretty much gave up on his team coming back?
    I don't mean to look too deeply into this but sometimes acknowledging you are outmanned and outgunned by a superior foe and will likely lose can take the pressure off a team (or player) and help them play better.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Bob Pompeani@KDPomp26m

Adam Gretz@AGretz44m
    Wow, I would have never expected to hear that from Alfredsson. Maybe he wants the season over so he can get on with his retirement?

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Great game. I hope he Pens end it Friday. I don't want the Sens to have even a glimmer of hope.

For all those pre-series predictors, it's now confirmed that it will not be Sens in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    For all those pre-series predictors, it's now confirmed that it will not be Sens in 6
    In 6? People have been that generous? The Pens sucks so bad I expected a sweep!

</sarcacm>