Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: level of optimism headed into the draft days ahead

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: level of optimism headed into the draft days ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I realize he only ran like a 4.62 or something but he's faster than that on grass.
    Jerry Rice was said to be slow too.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    he reminds me of Greg Jennings
    Don't you feel like he's going to be a value for whichever team selects him? I was really surprised to see how well rounded a player he is. Seems to have a crazy nose for the goal line. This is just from watching maybe a half hour of him though, so I haven't watched a lot. But like I said, he jumped off the screen.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Johnathan Franklin would be an interesting pick in the second round too
    That's another guy that I like. Not sure about round 2 for a RB though.

Dwinsgames

Don't you feel like he's going to be a value for whichever team selects him? I was really surprised to see how well rounded a player he is. Seems to have a crazy nose for the goal line. This is just from watching maybe a half hour of him though, so I haven't watched a lot. But like I said, he jumped off the screen.
    he has been under rated through this entire process IMO

I am not pissed if we took him in the second if I am honest about what I feel about his talent level but the value side of me says wait and take him later if we do not address WR in round 2 ...

I have woods as the guy in round 2 ( I like Bailey better long term he has a higher ceiling IMO )

if we go RB in round 2 Bailey in the 3rd is a home run ...

I look for RB and WR to be the picks in the next 2 rounds just not sure which comes first ....

I think it will be either 1) Franklin/Bailey or 2) Woods/Michael I prefer scenario 1, but think the front office is really high on Woods so that is how I picked it in the contest thread ..at the end of the day I would not cry over either scenario

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Most film on him is about the same. I think he is the most consistant, sure handed WR in the draft.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Like a WR Allen, Woods or Hunter in Round 2. I'd really love to see Lattimore in a Steelers uniform. More so than anyone else in this draft. But not until the third round and that is probably a little early for him, but he'd TOTALLY be worth it...no doubt. Wouldn't mind Franklin either...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    could be a WR, but I just a gut feeling that it will be RB.
    I think your spot on bro....didn't the Steelers bring in La'Veon Bell for a workout?

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think your spot on bro....didn't the Steelers bring in La'Veon Bell for a workout?
    they brought in several http://www.steelersdepot.com/tag/pre-draft-visits/

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

he has been under rated through this entire process IMO

I am not pissed if we took him in the second if I am honest about what I feel about his talent level but the value side of me says wait and take him later if we do not address WR in round 2 ...

I have woods as the guy in round 2 ( I like Bailey better long term he has a higher ceiling IMO )

if we go RB in round 2 Bailey in the 3rd is a home run ...

I look for RB and WR to be the picks in the next 2 rounds just not sure which comes first ....

I think it will be either 1) Franklin/Bailey or 2) Woods/Michael I prefer scenario 1, but think the front office is really high on Woods so that is how I picked it in the contest thread ..at the end of the day I would not cry over either scenario
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Most film on him is about the same. I think he is the most consistant, sure handed WR in the draft.
    Glad you guys seem to agree. Rarely do I make a judgement on a player without at least watching a couple of games focusing on him but I was blown away by what I saw. Like I said, as I was watching him I wondered to myself how he doesn't have a first round grade. This guy is a lock in my opinion. If we got him in the third I would be absolutely thrilled. Hell even the second.

Main guys on my radar for tomorrow are Bailey, Josh Boyce, Arthur Brown, LeVeon Bell, Montee Ball and Christine Michael.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'd really love to see Lattimore in a Steelers uniform. More so than anyone else in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mistah Q is a jewel in the rough"> Mistah Q's Avatar

How'd this be for a strong finish

2 Robert Woods
    3 Baccari Rambo
    4 Marcus Lattimore
    5 Kevin Reddick
    6 Jake Stoneburner
    6 Ace Sanders
    7 TJ Barnes

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw