Thread: What? none of you hicks watch nascar?

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

What? none of you hicks watch nascar?

whack!

NASCAR punishes Penske drivers - 02 & 22

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR came down heavy Wednesday with penalties from inspections last weekend at Texas, suspending four members of defending Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski's Penske Racing team and three from teammate Joey Logano's team.

Keselowski and Logano were docked 25 points each, as were their car owners. Their crew chiefs -- Paul Wolfe for Keselowski and Todd Gordon for Logano -- were suspended for six point races and the All-Star Race and fined $100,000 each. The team engineers for each team, as well as team manager Travis Geisler, also were suspended for six point races and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

Penske Racing immediately announced plans to appeal the first major infraction with the new "Gen 6" car, which means all those suspended will remain with their teams for this weekend's race at Kansas Speedway and future races until that process is complete.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...texas-missteps

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: What? none of you hicks watch nascar?

I'm an F1 fan myself.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I ride motorcycles and don't mix well with rednecks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I'm an F1 fan myself.
    How many races races have you been to?

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

F1 has only had one race in the US in the last decade. Getting to an F1 race isn't like going down to a NASCAR track

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    F1 has only had one race in the US in the last decade. Getting to an F1 race isn't like going down to a NASCAR track
    well, see there?

time for you to switch to a sport you can go see live

nascar is more than the races, it's a giant tailgate party and the seats are pretty cheap

the sound of 43 800hp cars blowing by and the smell of burning rubber makes it all more real - it's not really a tee-vee sport

Last race I went to was Homestead - it's a pretty cool little track, I recommend earplugs though

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

I've tried getting into NASCAR but haven't succeeded yet. I think the standings confuse me, the fact that there are two separate series with the same drivers confuses me, and the fact that the biggest event in the sport is held at the beginning of the season instead of the end... well that confuses me

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I ride motorcycles and don't mix well with rednecks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I have had season tickets to the Texasmotor Speedway for years. I have sat next to Dr.s, college professors, lawyers, mechanics, truck drivers, you name it. Nascar has fans in every social statis there is. Don't let the facts get in the way of any perceptions you all may have though.

AML

"Matt alone has led more laps this year than all the drivers in the Roush organization"

heh heh

eat that hat, Jack

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

No I don't watch NASCAR and I prefer the term Back Woods Engineer - thank you very much.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Backwoods Engineer...lol, i like it.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Total disaster of a race - 1 connecting rod out 8 was 3 grams light.

Driver loses 50 championship points; crew chief fined $200,000, suspended six races.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Penalties have been handed down to the No. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team as a result of rule violations discovered in the post-race engine inspection April 23 at the NASCAR Research and Development Center.

The No. 20 car was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-5.5.3 (E) (Only magnetic steel connecting rods with a minimum weight of 525.0 grams will be permitted; connecting rod failed to meet the minimum connecting rod weight) of the 2013 rule book.

As a result of this violation, NASCAR has assessed the following penalties:

• Crew chief Jason Ratcliff has been fined $200,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (a period of time that also includes the non-points NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

• Car owner Joe Gibbs has lost 50 championship car owner points; the first-place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points toward the accumulated aggregate car owner points total after the completion of the first 26 events of the current season and will not be credited toward the eligibility for a car owner Wild Card position; has had the owner’s license for the No. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car suspended until the completion of the next six championship points events, therefore being ineligible to receive championship car owner points during that period of time.

Driver Matt Kenseth has lost 50 championship driver points; the Coors Light Pole award from April 19 at Kansas Speedway will not be allowed for eligibility into the 2014 Sprint Unlimited; the first place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points toward the accumulated aggregate driver points total after the completion of the first 26 events of the current season and will not be credited towards the eligibility for a driver Wild Card position

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...of-kansas.html

Toyota's Lee White talks about NASCAR penalty issued to JGR

Lee White, president of Toyota Racing Development which provides engines to Joe Gibbs Racing, made an appearance on SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio to talk about the penalties issued by NASCAR on Wednesday.

His comments:

Lee White: “This is a total screw up on our part. I can’t even sit here and tell you that we are being falsely accused or anything. We screwed up.

"For years now, ever since we got at the Cup level in the sport there’s been a minimum weight on connecting rods of 525 grams. We’ve never even come close to violating that minimum. Everybody, of course, manufactures parts and tries to get as close as they can to every minimum in the engine because there is performance to be had. But certainly this is not something that was undertaken here to cheat. It is an unfortunate mistake. We got in a load of connecting rods and, you know, we don’t have enough staff to look at every single, you know, there’s like 20 to 25 different configuration measurements on every single connecting rod. We don’t have the quality control people to check all that.

“TRD is totally responsible for blocks, heads, front covers, rear covers, manifolds, valley covers, all that type of stuff we make, we manufacture, we machine. We are 100 percent responsible for that. And then in the case of rotating and reciprocating parts – being crank shafts, con rods, pins, pistons, valves, springs, cam shafts, followers, all that other [inaudible] stuff – we rely on vendors outside our company to make those parts. [We’re] blessed that we’re able to go around the world and find some of the best people there are. Our partner in Europe that makes connecting rods for us is renowned as an IOS-level supplier to the top level people in the world and for years they’ve been absolutely faultless."

http://sulia.com/channel/nascar/f/1f...source=twitter

Talladega, 2 Big Ones for the price of 1