Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    well good for you but no matter how many atrocities you post about islam you will never be able to erase the bloody history of Christianity.
    Yeah and no much how you want to deny you can't deny the current daly attrocities commited in the name of Islam on every corner of the globe.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Yeah and no much how you want to deny you can't deny the current daly attrocities commited in the name of Islam on every corner of the globe.
    Im not denying atrocities committed by islamists, you continue to make a strawman argument, you contend that violence in other religions doesn't compare to islam but it does if you look at the atrocities commited by Christianity they where just as violent. You just want to make it into some competition where you want Christianity to appear superior to islam but I see them both as evil, manipulative, cults.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Im not denying atrocities committed by islamists, you continue to make a strawman argument, you contend that violence in other religions doesn't compare to islam but it does if you look at the atrocities commited by Christianity they where just as violent. You just want to make it into some competition where you want Christianity to appear superior to islam but I see them both as evil, manipulative, cults.
    Were being the key word. But they really weren't.( I'll make that case another day) But they were pretty bad back in the day all the same.

And what you refuse to see is that Christianity has evolved past the point where there's not a single major leader of the Christian faith who advocates violence against non believers, who advocates terrorist acts, who condones murder, and torture. Check the membership roll of Amnesty International, it's loaded with Christains. The faith has evolved!

Islam hasn't and never will because the cental character to the faith as depicted in the Holy and unimpeachable Koran was a violent meglomaniac.

Were being the key word. But they really weren't.( I'll make that case another day) But they were pretty bad back in the day all the same.

And what you refuse to see is that Christianity has evolved past the point where there's not a single major leader of the Christian faith who advocates violence against non believers, who advocates terrorist acts, who condones murder, and torture. Check the membership roll of Amnesty International, it's loaded with Christains. The faith has evolved!

Islam hasn't and never will because the cental character to the faith as depicted in the Holy and unimpeachable Koran was a violent meglomaniac.
    Its not an evolution of Christianity its an evolution of our society, Its the reason we do not have Christian theocracies, its the reason we do not claim ourselves as a Christian nation, its the reason we maintain strong lines of separation of church and state. The religion is what it is and we already have seen what happens when you mix religion with law it leads to death and genocide. If Christianity stood for peace, freedom, and goodness at its core then we would most certainly use it to govern all over the world, but we don't, because it doesn't. By the way the god of the bibull was an extreme megalomaniac.

Its not an evolution of Christianity its an evolution of our society, Its the reason we do not have Christian theocracies, its the reason we do not claim ourselves as a Christian nation, its the reason we maintain strong lines of separation of church and state. The religion is what it is and we already have seen what happens when you mix religion with law it leads to death and genocide. If Christianity stood for peace, freedom, and goodness at its core then we would most certainly use it to govern all over the world, but we don't, because it doesn't. By the way the god of the bibull was an extreme megalomaniac.
    10 years from now, 50 years from now, 100 years from now Islam will still be as violent and dangerous as it is now.

10 years from now, 50 years from now, 100 years from now Islam will still be as violent and dangerous as it is now.
    thats quite an assumption.

thats quite an assumption.
    Considering Islam's last 100 years compared to the other worlds religions. Not really

Muslim pop singer Omnia Hegazy tackles religion’s rules, ‘nervous’ about her safety

Pop singer Omnia Hegazy isn’t one to keep quiet about inequities she sees in her Muslim religion. The young artist is working to draw attention to issues in her homeland of Egypt that she says that many would rather ignore, while treading a fine line between critiquing her community and defending it.
    The New York-raised recording artist said it was a recent visit to her home country that sparked songs which upset some of her friends.
    “I have always been the person at the dinner table to argue with you about politics and I will not shut up,” Hegazy told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “Music is an avenue for me to express that.”
    “There are a lot of issues, like honor killing, that go on,” she said. “For instance, we were at a beach, and it was extremely hot. All the women were covered up head-to-toe in black, and all the men were wearing Speedos, and that’s how I started writing my song ‘Grace.’ We are all covered up and you men are not, what’s going on here?”
    “Grace,” which Hegazy says celebrates female empowerment and beauty in all ages, shapes and sizes, is featured on her sophomore album “Judgment Day,” released earlier this month. Indeed its lyrics are quite direct:
    Cover your face
    Before you poison all our souls
    Cover your mouth
    Before it tells us something we don't know
    Cover your body
    For your skin incinerates
    The will of weakened men who just might lose their faith
    Our heads our full of color inside
    Why is it that we should hide
    Who ever gave you the right to step on our pride?

The next topic she wants to tackle is Muslim women being forced to wear a headscarf, known as a hijab.
    “A lot of the women on my dad’s side wear the hijab, and I have no problem with someone choosing to wear it,” said Hegazy, whose father is Muslim and whose mother was raised Irish Catholic. “I grew up believing it was a choice, but I think there is a lot of pressure on young Muslim girls to wear it, and it is becoming not a choice, which I don’t think is right.”
    But Hegazy says being outspoken comes at a cost.
    “There are a lot of people, not just even traditional Muslims, these are everyday Muslims and friends I have had, who have said, ‘I disagree with what you said,’” she told us. “It’s the point that there isn’t a lot of debate in that community and we’re all supposed to think the same... I can’t really do that.”
    Hegazy says the criticism goes beyond just a difference in opinion.
    “I will admit I do get nervous, I try to keep my family out of things when people ask. I need to start budgeting for security,” she said. “But I won’t stop doing what I do because of a few crazy people.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2UhCo2C89

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ