Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

The Iraqi-born native Arabic-speaker who goes by the name "I. Q. Rassooli" has lived in Europe since his university days studying engineering in England. His mind is an inquiring and a questioning one, characteristics not much appreciated among the conformist Muslim community of his origins. And so he stayed in the West and, for the next 23 years, undertook "as thorough a study of Islam as humanly possible," as he says.

His research and analysis about Muhammad, the Qur'an, Hadiths, Shariah, Arab and Islamic history, and a comparative, contrasting study of those with the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, Zoroastrian (Persian) beliefs, pagan Arab religions and more culminated in a thesis that no publisher would print. Instead, al-Rassooli created a website, www.inthenameofallah.org that now contains over 780 chapters. He also put up over 280 audio/video chapters on YouTube that collectively received over 1.59 million visitors and 3,976 subscribers in the two years before YouTube removed took them down. Luckily, al-Rassooli had them all backed up on his blog site at www.the-koran.blogspot.com and he then put them back up on YouTube under another name. His website is at www.alrassooli.com

Al-Rassooli also founded a movement called the Ummat al Kuffar (Nation of Infidels) that he hopes will develop and grow, given that some 80% of all humanity are not Muslims but rather the object of Islamic supremacist conquest intentions. He says his mission is the exposure of the facts and reality about Islam, based on the primary Arabic language sources themselves.

Family Security Matters Contributing Writer Clare Lopez recently was granted the opportunity to interview I.Q. al-Rassooli about Islam. Here are his replies to her questions.

1. Is there such a thing as "moderate Islam"?

It is very difficult for decent, well-meaning Americans and Europeans - who truly believe the propaganda of Muslims that Islam is only a religion and as such must have redeeming characteristics - to be told by myself and others who know Islam from the inside that the truth is quite different.

Unfortunately, most Americans - as well as most of humanity - have been misled because Muhammadan Islam is not merely a religion but a cult belief system, the cult of Muhammad.

Believing Muslims must follow Sharia. It is obligatory for all Muslims, everywhere, for all time. Sharia - based upon Muhammad's Quran and Sunna (Muhammad's acts, deeds, thoughts, behavior, etc. as recorded in the hadiths and Sira) - explicitly commands deceit, hatred, misogyny, racism, and warmongering against non-Muslims. There is no other "religion" that does this and this is why I say that Islam cannot be considered merely a "religion" like any other - and it most certainly cannot be called "moderate".

For this is the command from Allah to all Muslims, as recorded in the Qur'an:

Al Tauba 9:29 "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle [Muhammad] nor acknowledge the religion of truth [ISLAM] (even if they are) of the People of the Book [Christians & Jews] until they pay the Jizya [onerous Tax for not being a Muslim] with willing submission and feel themselves humiliated"

Muhammad 47:4 "Therefore when ye meet the Unbelievers smite at their necks; at length when ye have thoroughly subdued them bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom"

2. How about "moderate Muslims"?

There is no such thing as a ‘moderate Muslim'. Every Muslim - especially the males - is fundamentally a JIHADI. That is, one who will fight Unbelievers (currently 80% of humanity including ALL Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, etc.) - any and all those who do not follow Muhammad.

Sharia gives the Unbelievers the following three choices:

(A) Convert to Islam (whether we like it or not)

(B) Be subject to Islam as Dhimmis in humiliation and degradation forever

(C) Be Exterminated

Al Imran 3:85 " If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah) never will it be accepted of him ..."

Al Tauba 9:33 "It is He (Allah) who hath sent His apostle (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to proclaim it over all other religions..."

3. Why should defenders of Western civilization be concerned about core Islamic doctrine, law, and scripture?

Very simple. Sharia is the nemesis of Democracy. Sharia is the destroyer of all known freedoms. Sharia is anathema to genuine individual liberty and must NEVER take root on the soil of any nation that is not Islamic. Under Sharia, not even a blade of grass can grow.

4. Is the classic Islam of Muhammad and his companions and the early scholars compatible with Western-style liberal democracy?

For those who have still not understood what I am revealing, there is no concept of Democracy either in the psyche or the language of Islam. That is why the Arabs and Muslims use the Arabized Greek word for "democracy," calling it "DEMOQRATIYAH"!

There is absolutely nothing ‘liberal' about either Sharia or Muhammadan Islam. Muhammad, after all, declared to his followers

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.73 Narrated by Abdullah bin Abi Aufa

Allah's Apostle said, "Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords."

In fact, believing Muslims are not allowed to so much as question Islam, again per the Qur'an:

O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble -- Q 5:101

...the command of Allah is a decree determined -- Q 33:38

- - - Updated - - -

5. If people, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, took the time to read and study the Qur'an, what would they learn?

I have spent more than 30 years on these subjects and not once did I attempt to change the indoctrinated mind of a follower of Muhammad, knowing full well it would be extremely difficult.

Most important of all, Americans must understand that any Muslim who leaves the faith would be killed by his own ‘loving' family and or friends. Even in our Western democracies, most of those who leave Islam must do so in secrecy.

"Whoever changes his Islamic religion, then kill him." - Bukhari 9.84.57

"When a person who has reached puberty and is sane voluntarily apostasizes from Islam, he deserves to be killed." [Reliance of the Traveller, A Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law (08.1)]

"If they [Muslims] had gotten rid of the punishment [often death] for apostasy, Islam would not exist today." [Yousef al-Qaradawi, Senior Jurist of the Muslim Brotherhood, on Egyptian TV]

Any decent and fair-minded person reading Muhammad's Quran must come to only ONE conclusion: It is a rambling, incoherent, jumbled scripture of hatred and enmity that no true God would have ever revealed to anyone.

6. What is the most important thing Westerners should know about the life of the Muslim prophet Muhammad?

First and foremost, Muhammad should not be called a "prophet" because there is nowhere in his Qur'an and Hadith that he prophesized anything. Instead, in the Qur'an, the hadiths, and the Sira (biography of Muhammad), we read in the original Islamic scriptures themselves that Muhammad committed crimes against humanity on a massive scale: these scriptures themselves recount that Muhammad ordered assassinations of the elderly and nursing mothers because they ridiculed him; that he raped and enslaved captured women; that he personally participated in the mass killing of POWs; that he led a military campaign of genocide against the Jewish tribes of the Arabian Peninsula; and that he married a six-year-old and raped her at aged nine (his child bride, Aisha). I say this not because of anger or a mere wish to be insulting. I do so based entirely on the Islamic records themselves that I can quote in chapter and verse to support my assertions.

For example, each of these assertions may be found precisely as described in the Sirat (biographies) of Muhammad, as written by faithful Muslims. One of the most authoritative of those biographies comes to us from the Muslim historian Ibn Ishak, as translated by Alfred Guillaume: "The Life of Muhammad." It is available on Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Life-Muhammad-.../dp/0196360331

- - - Updated - - -

7. Is there a significant number of Muslims in the world today who are willing to contradict, either publicly or within their own communities, Islamic teachings on things like the death penalty for adultery, apostasy, or homosexuality?

No Muslim can live more than a few seconds if he/she in any way shape or form contradicts anything in Muhammad's Quran or says anything against him. Only a handful of apostates from Islam can do so in our democracies.

Please understand that the instant any follower of Muhammad criticizes anything about their cult belief system, that person becomes instantly an infidel worthy of death and destruction.

Again, to cite from the Reliance of the Traveler: A Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law:

Acts That Entail Leaving Islam

08.7 (3) to speak words that imply unbelief...

(4) to revile Allah or His messenger...

(7) to deny any verse of the Koran or anything which by scholarly consensus belongs to it...

(14) to deny the obligatory character of something which by the consensus of Muslims...is part of Islam...

8. What can or should free people do to ensure that their societies do not fall under the domination of Islamic Law (shariah) ?

Each and every American who cherishes their Constitution and FREEDOM (of thought, belief, association, politics, religion, thought, etc.) must not allow any judge or administration to allow Islamic Law (shariah) the slightest chance of taking root on American soil because Sharia is like a virulent virus, the most deadly known to humankind.

My conclusions based on over 30 years of studies are:

Islam is NOT a Religion but most definitely a CULT belief system as well as a legal, military, political, and social system of totalitarian control.
    Allah is most assuredly NOT the same as the God of Jesus, Moses and Abraham because Allah is only the NAME of the supreme moon god of Pagan Arabia centuries before Muhammad and his Quran and represented to this day in the Kaba'a by an ancient meteorite called the Black Stone.
    Jihad is most definitely NOT a spiritual struggle to commune with God but eternal WAR against all Unbelievers until all humanity is subject to Sharia.
    No god called Allah nor any angel called Gabriel ever revealed a single verse to Muhammad because every letter, word, verse and Chapter in the Quran is the product of Muhammad's imaginings, the secretions of his depraved mind, his Alter Ego, his Autobiography, but very cleverly projected into the unsuspecting mouths of Allah and Gabriel to give them the aura of sanctity and divinity.
    It is by Divine Will (Qidra Ilahyyah) and divine Justice (Haq Ilahi) that the very Hadiths that explain to the followers of Muhammad his Quran and Sunna, are the very same that utterly DISCREDIT Muhammad as a prophet and the ALLEGED divine origin of his Quran.
    Although my statements may sound outrageous and hyperbolic to those hearing and seeing them for the first time, I can and do (as in this interview) corroborate every single assertion that I make with citations from the Islamic scriptures themselves.

http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/1...-rassooli.html
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Gay man stoned to death in Somalia for the crime of being gay.

Guess that cured him of it?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Where are the Muslim moderates speaking out against the extremists? I only ever hear a few ever speak out against them.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Where are the Muslim moderates speaking out against the extremists? I only ever hear a few ever speak out against them.

They're not allowed. To question any part of the Koran is a crime punishable by death. As the man says, there's no such thing as practicing moderate Muslim. That's not to say in their heart many aren't moderate, and don't have questions about their faith. But they wont dare discuss them openly, because doing so would put themselves or members of their family in peril, even in the most "moderate" of Islamic homes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I'm not Muslim, but I can't guarantee just starting this thread, even though I'm clearly not of that faith, could see me get repurcussions if this thread were somehow to take off on facebook or twitter. That's the nature of the beast.

http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/...-christianity/
    The Spanish government will allow Moroccan religious authorities to take control of children up to 18 years of age to make sure they have not been converted to Christianity.

In the name of Sharia it designates the set of rules of Muslim life. Islamic states are adopting it as their own legislation. They are even doing this – in partially-in Islamic countries that are not Islamic states.

In our case it is the subject of adoption. Apparently many couples want to adopt Spanish children outside our borders. We see that there are not enough children here.

Anyway, in Morocco, since the Islamists came to power in January 2012 [you know, the Arab spring], for a child to be adopted by a Moroccan Spanish family, it requires the child to remain culturally and religiously Muslim. Furthermore, the Spanish Government should be obliged to control the process [?] And allow Moroccan religious authorities to take control of children up to 18 years of age to ensure they have not been converted to Christianity.

The demands of an Islamic country is not a surprise for us, for we know far too well their lack of religious freedom. What is truly inconceivable is that the Spanish government accept these conditions. Well, what you just read, this unprecedented advance of Sharia in our country, will soon be included in our legislation.

Some questions that confront us are: What about religious freedom? And the Spanish Constitution? What about the West?

Apart from other issues such as the control of another state on our citizens within our borders, I think that no government has the right to create spaces within the country in which it suspends the right to religious freedom.

By observing the optimism and “normality” with some sectors towards such radical secularism when we hear this kind of news, it is understood that for some people the concepts of democracy, freedom, human rights, etc.. both extol them-however-are underlined with its hatred of Christianity (I am speaking now of Spain, of course). They forget, or ignore, that all these rights and freedoms are the result of a culture steeped in the Christian faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Op-Ed: A Baby is Stoned for Being an "Occupier"

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ar...7#.UVDWThyTgTY

I have nothing against Muslims. I realize most of them were born to it, and to be born to it is virtually a life sentence, like it or not. So no I understand and even sympathize. And oh yeah, I know most would say, save your pity, we're just fine with who we are. And that's ok too. 90% of most people become something close to their parents in practive in the end after all.

But the more I learn of it the more I think it's a religion based on hate. Yeah I know all religions have their dark side. There's a lot of violence in the Bible after all. But if my kid wants to become a Jew or Hindu no one is going to kill him or his parents as a punishment.

Jesus might not be a perfect Prophet to some, but he didn't marry a 6 year old and consumate that relationship when she was 9. He didn't torture, enslave, rape, and mass murder his doubters, and persecutors.

Though attrocities have admittedly been committed in his name, to the best of my knowledge Jesus died free of other's blood on his hands.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

all religions are cults just some are more extreme than others , personally i think they are all nuts and full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    all religions are cults just some are more extreme than others , personally i think they are all nuts and full of crap.
    Yeah Christians and Jews regularly kill or stone Gays.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now we're arguing in this country whether Gays should have the right to marry. Think that's going to happen ever in an Islamic state Dawg?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I didnt say they were violent but as far as what they believe, its nuts.

http://www.bosnewslife.com/27330-bre...death-sentence

Pakistani authorities have reopened the trial against a mentally challenged Christian girl on charges of "blasphemy" while a Christian mother faces a possible death sentence for allegedly making "derogatory remarks" about Islam's prophet Mohammed, lawyers told BosNewsLife Saturday, March 23.

"A police investigator asked the Supreme Court in Islamabad to reopen the case" against Rimsha Masih, 14, "saying he was pressured by the government to drop charges against her after an international outcry," said the Legal Evangelical Association Development (LEAD) group.

Rimsha was jailed August 17 in a prison near Islamabad, the capital, after allegedly burning pages with verses of the Koran, viewed as holy book by Muslims. Her detention at Adiala Jail triggered international protests because of her age and a medical report confirming that she was mentally handicapped.

Amid mounting pressure, Rimsha was flown to safety on September 8 and eventually acquitted on the charges, though she remains in hiding. On the outskirts of Islamabad families are afraid to return to their Christian community in the city's Mehrabadi district because the girl lived there.

Besides Rimsha, who may face life imprisonment, a court is also considering a death sentence against 47-year-old Martha Bibi after years of legal wrangling, BosNewsLife learned.

COURT APPEARANCE

Bibi, who is married and has 7 children, will face a court in the city of Lahore on March 27, said her lawyer Mushtaq Gill.

"She was detained in January 2007 in her village of Kot Nanak Sigh for allegedly making "derogatory remarks" about Prophet Mohammed in an argument with a Muslim woman," explained Gill, who is also director of the LEAD advocacy group.

Bibi has always strongly denied the charges.

The blasphemy case was registered at a nearby police station where she "was arrested and put behind bars after being beaten and tortured by Muslims," the lawyer said.

Though he managed to get her released on bail of 100,000 Pakistani Rupee ($1,000) three months later, she remained concerned about her future, he said.

Yeah dawg. all religions are pretty much the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now we're arguing in this country whether Gays should have the right to marry. Think that's going to happen ever in an Islamic state Dawg?
    Probably no time soon but hopefully one day, but their beleifs are still nuts too me, the fact that gay marriage is even an arguement is mind blowing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.bosnewslife.com/27330-bre...death-sentence

Pakistani authorities have reopened the trial against a mentally challenged Christian girl on charges of "blasphemy" while a Christian mother faces a possible death sentence for allegedly making "derogatory remarks" about Islam's prophet Mohammed, lawyers told BosNewsLife Saturday, March 23.

"A police investigator asked the Supreme Court in Islamabad to reopen the case" against Rimsha Masih, 14, "saying he was pressured by the government to drop charges against her after an international outcry," said the Legal Evangelical Association Development (LEAD) group.

Rimsha was jailed August 17 in a prison near Islamabad, the capital, after allegedly burning pages with verses of the Koran, viewed as holy book by Muslims. Her detention at Adiala Jail triggered international protests because of her age and a medical report confirming that she was mentally handicapped.

Amid mounting pressure, Rimsha was flown to safety on September 8 and eventually acquitted on the charges, though she remains in hiding. On the outskirts of Islamabad families are afraid to return to their Christian community in the city's Mehrabadi district because the girl lived there.

Besides Rimsha, who may face life imprisonment, a court is also considering a death sentence against 47-year-old Martha Bibi after years of legal wrangling, BosNewsLife learned.

COURT APPEARANCE

Bibi, who is married and has 7 children, will face a court in the city of Lahore on March 27, said her lawyer Mushtaq Gill.

"She was detained in January 2007 in her village of Kot Nanak Sigh for allegedly making "derogatory remarks" about Prophet Mohammed in an argument with a Muslim woman," explained Gill, who is also director of the LEAD advocacy group.

Bibi has always strongly denied the charges.

The blasphemy case was registered at a nearby police station where she "was arrested and put behind bars after being beaten and tortured by Muslims," the lawyer said.

Though he managed to get her released on bail of 100,000 Pakistani Rupee ($1,000) three months later, she remained concerned about her future, he said.

Yeah dawg. all religions are the same.
    Zu i didnt say all religionsare the same i said they are all cults and they are all nuts. Of course beliefs in religions are different its what makes them different religions, but it doesnt make them any less nuts.

Probably no time soon but hopefully one day, but their beleifs are still nuts too me, the fact that gay marriage is even an arguement is mind blowing to me.
    Yeah it's nuts to me too. Consenting adults should be free to do with who and as they please. Besides why should straights be forced to bear the burden of supporting divorce lawyers!

- - - Updated - - -

Zu i didnt say all religionsare the same i said they are all cults and they are all nuts. Of course beliefs in religions are different its what makes them different religions, but it doesnt make them any less nuts.
    I don't think Christianity is a cult, nor do I think Judaism , or Hinduism is either. And whether you think someone's views are "nuts" doesn't matter. What matters is whether they infringe upon your right as a human to Life Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Granted some fringe religious groups in this country might pose a nuisanse to some segments of society.

But not to the degree that's common under Islamic led countries. Not even in the same ball park

I will say that islam is a violent religion but they have one hell of a retirement plan, 72 virgins that is very intriguing. Its also smart to give you the 72 virgins after death because i believe if you tried to satisfy 72 women while you were alive it would certainly kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Christianity is a cult, nor do I think Judaism , or Hinduism is either. And whether you think someone's views are "nuts" doesn't matter. What matters is whether they infringe upon your right as a human to Life Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Granted some fringe religious groups in this country might pose a nuisanse to some segments of society.

But not to the degree that's common under Islamic led countries. Not even in the same ball park
    Well by definition all religions are cults, and it only matters too me if i think their views are nuts.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pa...nion-Polls.htm

These polls are pretty revealing about how accepting of terrorist tactics "mainstream" Muslims are.

Egyptian mosque turned into house of torture for Christians after Muslim Brotherhood protest

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03...#ixzz2Ohuhe48O

Yes they are people raised in a crazy violent religion and therefore they do crazy and violent things.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

I'm wouldn't call myself religious or even spiritual, but religions such as Christianity and Islam aren't cults. Christians and Muslims combined account for over 50% of religious believers worldwide; just by definition you can't refer to them as such.

"Cult: a relatively small group of people sharing religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or irrational."

You're welcome to think all religions are "nuts", I'd put myself tenatively in that camp at the moment as well, but the major followings are not cults. I do believe many religions encourage sinister acts, which is probably more of what you mean anyway - and I agree. I've been dabbling in reading religious texts from various beliefs as I want to understand and educate myself on the subject more, but it all seems so nonsensical to me I can't read very much at one sitting without feeling as if I'm wasting large chunks of otherwise valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I'm wouldn't call myself religious or even spiritual

You're welcome to think all religions are "nuts", I'd put myself tenatively in that camp at the moment as well, but the major followings are not cults. I do believe many religions encourage sinister acts, which is probably more of what you mean anyway - and I agree. I've been dabbling in reading religious texts from various beliefs as I want to understand and educate myself on the subject more, but it all seems so nonsensical to me I can't read very much at one sitting without feeling as if I'm wasting large chunks of otherwise valuable time.
    I don't want to derail this thread into a personal theology discussion, but I just wanted to make clear that by no accounts do I disregard the possibility of creation or "god". I've experienced enough unexplainable occurrences in my still short life that I definitely don't discount the possibility of a higher being. I'm just not there at the moment, maybe someday I will be. The possibilities of both divine and scientific explanations for things that are currently beyond our comprehension are fascinating and I don't have a closed mind to any of them. Just wanted to make that clear as I thought my comments above could be taken as representing an entirely atheological perspective which is not how I feel at all.

Islamist terrorists and fanatics are methodically exterminating the 2,000-year-old Christian civilization of the Middle East through oppression, threats, appropriations and deadly violence.

Our media ignore the intensifying savagery against Christians in Muslim Brotherhood-controlled Egypt. Unconfirmed reports assert that, last month, Muslim Brothers dragged Christian protesters to a mosque and tortured them — but our reporters won’t look into an Islamist Abu Ghraib.

For a century and a half, the varied strands of Middle East Christianity have faced increasingly fierce pogroms and, for the Armenians, outright genocide. But with the rise of Wahhabi and Salafist terror, the long, slow-motion Holocaust accelerated.

Western liberals romanticize barbaric cultures but have no interest in the destruction — before their averted eyes — of a great and brilliant religious civilization. It’s as if they accept the Islamist creed that Christians don’t belong in the realms of Islam.

But the Middle East was more than just Christianity’s birthplace. The faith we know matured in the Middle East and North Africa, from Ephesus and Antioch to Alexandria and beyond. St. Augustine, the most influential church father after St. Paul, was a North African.

Rome was a latecomer to Christian authority. Through the Middle Ages, substantially more Christians lived east of Constantinople (now Istanbul) than in Europe, the faith’s backwater, whose northern reaches had yet to be evangelized.

Christianity’s greatest thinkers, greatest monuments and greatest triumphs for its first 1,000 years rose in the Middle East. Even the Muslim conquest and relative servitude could not dislodge Christianity. In the worst of times, Christianity turned the other cheek and endured. Some Christians flourished.

Today, the end is in sight.

In Iraq, cities such as Mosul and Saddam’s hometown, Tikrit, were once vital centers of Christianity. But the country’s Christian population, estimated at up to 2 million a decade ago, has fallen by half — perhaps by three-quarters.

Over 2 million Christians in Syria dread Islamist terror and religious cleansing so much, they lean toward the vicious Assad regime, which at least shielded minorities. Those who can, flee the country.

Christians were early supporters of Arab nationalism. One of the fiercest Palestinian leaders, George Habash, was a Christian, as was the wife of Yasser Arafat. Their thanks? Two-thirds of the West Bank’s and more of Gaza’s Christians have been driven out. They’re now a small minority even in Bethlehem (a situation ignored by our visiting president).

Egypt has the region’s largest remaining Christian population, at least 10 million Copts. With rare exceptions, they’ve long been confined to squalid quarters and treated as third-class citizens. Now the Salafist fanatics have been unleashed. The nation’s Muslim Brotherhood rulers could put a stop to anti-Christian violence, but appear willing to let the Salafists do the dirty work for them. They’re playing bad cop, not-so-bad cop.

And we’ll send the regime at least a billion dollars this year — with no stipulations or conditions except that military-related funds must purchase US-made or US-licensed equipment. With Egypt’s economy in desperate straits and the Brotherhood’s popularity fading, we’re propping up religious-cleansing bigots.

Christians in Iran? Gone. Turkey? Almost gone. Saudi Arabia? The once-thriving Christian and Jewish populations of Mecca and Medina were finished off centuries ago.

And in Lebanon, the only Middle East country that until recently had a Christian majority, Christian rights have been so threatened by Sunni fanaticism that some Christians have reached out to Shia Hezbollah in their desperate hunt for allies.

Far to the east, in Pakistan, Christians face trumped-up charges of insulting Islam or rape, beatings, murder and church bombings. And we still pour billions into Pakistan.

It’s the end of a world as we know it.

If Islam is a “religion of peace,” it’s time to show the evidence to the endangered Christians of the Middle East.

Of course, not all Christians are angels, nor are all Muslims demons. Most humans of any faith just want to get through the day. And some Christians have collaborated with odious Baathist regimes (usually, to ensure their community’s survival). Nor are most Muslims active supporters of the religious cleansing of Christians from their shared homelands.

But disappointingly few Muslims actively defend religious minorities. It’s not unlike Nazi Germany, where most Germans didn’t want to murder Jews, but were complicit through their silence.

If a Michigan mosque is defaced with graffiti, it makes national news and the Justice Department views it as a hate crime. It’s time for our government and media to apply the same standard abroad on behalf of Christians.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...KfKyKuUgQPreDM

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread into a personal theology discussion, but I just wanted to make clear that by no accounts do I disregard the possibility of creation or "god". I've experienced enough unexplainable occurrences in my still short life that I definitely don't discount the possibility of a higher being. I'm just not there at the moment, maybe someday I will be. The possibilities of both divine and scientific explanations for things that are currently beyond our comprehension are fascinating and I don't have a closed mind to any of them. Just wanted to make that clear as I thought my comments above could be taken as representing an entirely atheological perspective which is not how I feel at all.
    Same here. I'm agnostic, myself. I'm as annoyed by atheists who claim to "know" with 100% certainty that God doesn't exist and their usually overly smug assurance of it as I am by super-religious people who wear their religion on their sleeve and are constantly in your face with their beliefs. When it comes to the real "truth," none of us know jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Same here. I'm agnostic, myself. I'm as annoyed by atheists who claim to "know" with 100% certainty that God doesn't exist and their usually overly smug assurance of it as I am by super-religious people who wear their religion on their sleeve and are constantly in your face with their beliefs. When it comes to the real "truth," none of us know jack shit.
    I used to refer to myself as an agnostic, but I don't think the label fits, as I believe in a Supreme being, a Divine entity of some sort that shaped the evolution of the Universe and ultimately man's place in it.

I just don't think any religion has even come close to defining "God's story, or plan, alllowing there is such a thing.

I do believe that certain people, such as Jesus and Budha were in some ways messenger's of God's, but I question their divinity. But at the same token I don't dismiss the possibility of it as outlandish fiction either.

I just don't know, and some answers I don't think are obtainable, even after you die.

As far as life after death is concerned, I'm more inclined to believe in reincarnation than Heaven.
    Last edited by zulater; 04-02-2013 at 12:29 PM.

http://www.newser.com/story/165458/s...paralyzed.html

When he was 14, Ali al-Khawahir stabbed his best friend in the back, paralyzing him for life. Now, because of an eye-for-an-eye sentence, al-Khawahir is facing paralysis as well. The Saudi Arabia man can only avoid the sentence by raising more than $266,600, the amount his victim requested in order to forgive his attacker. He has been jailed for the 10 years since the attack, the Saudi Gazette reports, but GlobalPost says a court decision on the sentence was made yesterday. A campaign has been organized to help raise the money, since al-Khawahir's family is poor.

Imagine being the doctor ordered to paralyze a healthy 24 year old over an act committed 10 years prior?

LAHORE, PAKISTAN (BosNewsLife)-- Muslims in Pakistan's Punjab province have threatened to kill a young woman as well as her husband, child and in-laws because she abandoned Islam and converted to Christianity, BosNewsLife learned Monday, April 1.

Maria Manzoor, 26, and her 27-year-old husband Emmanuel Ghulam Masih said they are hiding with their "beautiful one-year-old daughter" Yarusha Emmanuel after receiving death threats.

"We have shifted from one place to another even in the last week," the couple explained in remarks obtained by BosNewsLife. "We have changed the location of residence, but now we are tired. We fear for our lives."

Friends and pastors have been reluctant to provide them a shelter, amid security concerns.

Maria Manzoor said the threats come from her Muslim relatives and Islamist extremists. And, "I am told that my family is making threats to my husband's father to bring me back and hand me over to my family", she added.

ACCEPTING CHRIST

The woman, who claims to have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior four years ago, said she is prepared to die for Him. "I have a strong faith in Jesus and have no fear of being killed for my faith. I would be proud to die for Him." However, "I am concerned about our little child," she added.

Additionally, Muslims have threatened to kill her husband and other relatives, confirmed their attorney Sardar Mushtaq Gill. "They have also threatened to kidnap her husband's sisters and kill the couple and other relatives," added Gill, director of the Pakistan-based advocacy group Legal Evangelical Association Development (LEAD).

The "hate campaign" emerged this year after Maria's Muslim family found out about her Christian conversion and that she visits a local church while being pregnant of a second child, said her father-in-law, Ghulam Masih.

The 58-year-old Masih told BosNewsLife in obtained remarks that he "received numerous threats of dire consequences" if he does not handover Maria to the Muslims.

Authorities in the city of Lahore, where the couple lived, haven't made live easier.

NATIONAL IDENTITY

Maria Manzoor said an official responsible for national identity cards and birth certificates recently "used many abusing words" when asked to change her religion from Muslim to Christian in documents.

"She said this would never happen and asked many questions about my Christian marriage certificate. The officer and her colleagues also threatened my husband of dire consequences because of our marriage and my conversion from Islam to Christianity," she recalled.

"My husband and me ran away from NADRA Registration Center [in Peco Road Township of Lahore] for the safety of our lives."

LEAD's Gill said his group now tries to provide accommodation for the couple and other relatives threatened by Islamists.

He said the incidents confirm a wider trend in Pakistan. "Muslim society condemns their marriage and conversion which is, according to [the strict interpretation] of Islam punishable by death," Gill noted.

PAKISTAN CONSTITUTION

"Though the Constitution Of Pakistan...allows to profess and to accept any religion or faith" [or inter-religious marriages] "Muslim society does not accept a Muslim girl who marries someone from another religion, including Christianity," he told BosNewsLife.

"There are many examples in which couples lost their lives because of this reason."

Maria Manzoor said she had asked Christians "to pray" for them and support them morally or financially. "We are starving and in hiding here and fear for our lives."

Pakistan's government has said it wants to tackle Islamic extremism in the country.

It has been reluctant however to tackle controversial blasphemy legislation under which minority Christians and others have been detained. (With reporting by BosNewsLife's Stefan J. Bos).

http://www.bosnewslife.com/27466-pak...ian-conversion

Islam is a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

On the one hand I want to applaud when I hear someone label themselves as an atheist just for the fact that they haven't blindly followed what they were most likely taught, but on the other, saying you absolutely do not believe in creation is probably just as bad and maybe even moreso closed minded.

Absolute certainty is the tit from which fools drink.

I used to refer to myself as an agnostic, but I don't think the label fits, as I believe in a Supreme being, a Divine entity of some sort that shaped the evolution of the Universe and ultimately man's place in it.

I just don't think any religion has even come close to defining "God's story, or plan, alllowing there is such a thing.

I do believe that certain people, such as Jesus and Budha were in some ways messenger's of God's, but I question their divinity. But at the same token I don't dismiss the possibility of it as outlandish fiction either.

I just don't know, and some answers I don't think are obtainable, even after you die.

As far as life after death is concerned, I'm more inclined to believe in reincarnation than Heaven.
    There are so many possibilities.

Our entire universe could simply be an atom that exists within a giant man who lives in a world infinitly larger than ours. I mean, why not?

People like to scoff at the programs like Ancient Aliens but I at least give it some thought. I mean who is to say we aren't a seed that was planted here by some mothership who left and planned to return someday to examine its experiment? This entire planet could be a zoo. And perhaps that ship, while intending to return, never did due to some war that wiped out its secrets/records? Or purhaps it just lost interest in us?

I, too, often lean more towards a divine being simply because where the hell did everything come from? Science can talk all day and all night about the big bang and whatnot but when I have someone trying to tell me that a scientific reaction occured from nothing? That's when I say no way. But then again, if there is a creator who made everything, where the hell did he come from? And that, then makes me want to believe in things such as Christian teachings.

It's really a massive triangle for me. I'll never be certain of one belief or another, and that'll suck - dying without ever knowing what the fuck my entire life was about. Are humans just an infection whose purpose is to destroy the planet similar to a virus attacking the immune system? Was all the Christ-lore really true? How the hell can space be finite but infinite at the same time?

I guess we'll probably never come close to knowing. But I bet the real answer is even more fucked up than any of us could ever imagine. It's either so simplistically stupid that we'd all lose any feeling of purpose... or so complex that we couldn't even comprehend and would drive ourselves crazy trying.

By the way to dawg and all the atheists who try to blame the world's trouble's on religion, the man who currently threatens to throw Asia into a full out nuclear conflict is an atheist.

By the way to dawg and all the atheists who try to blame the world's trouble's on religion, the man who currently threatens to throw Asia into a full out nuclear conflict is an atheist.
    Hes not crazy because hes an atheist, hes crazy because hes crazy. Atheism means nothing more than you dont believe in god, outside of that atheists share nothing else. Religions have been the root of alot of violence since the beginning of time.

Hes not crazy because hes an atheist, hes crazy because hes crazy. Atheism means nothing more than you dont believe in god, outside of that atheists share nothing else. Religions have been the root of alot of violence since the beginning of time.
    In my opinion religion is used by meglomanic's and tyrant's as a tool for controlling people in order to obtain (or retain power) and wealth. You look to fault the religion where generally speaking it's being subverted and twisted for personal gain by a select few. Usually those that use religion as a tool to control people of faith have no genuine faith themselves.

So in essense ( real) religion while flawed isn't the issue. And removing it wouldn't do anything towards making the world a less violent place. People are corrupt by nature, and those that seek and gain power and influence will always find a way to control people of few possessions and little learning.

In fact I think the argument can safely be made that religion has done more to advance humans and mankind than to hurt it by feeding, clothing, and educating the poor etc...

Your dislike and mistrust of religion as a whole is misguided in my opinion.

In my opinion religion is used by meglomanic's as a tool for controlling people in order to obtain (or retain power) and wealth. You look to fault the religion where generally speaking it's being subverted and twisted for personal gain by a select few. Usually those that use religion as a tool to control people of faith have no genuine faith themselves.

So in essense ( real) religion while flawed isn't the issue. And removing it wouldn't do anything towards making the world a less violent place. People are corrupt by nature, and those that seek power and influence will always find a way to control people of few possessions and little learning.

In fact I think the argument can safely be made that religion has done more to advance humans and mankind than to hurt it by feeding, clothing, and educating the poor etc....
    Yes people are corrupt and controlling by nature which is why religion which is created by people is corrupt and controlling. If religion was something that exsisted without people and people were corrupting it i could see your point, but its a lie created by people to control people. The very purpose of religion was control, in earlier times we didnt have the resources we do today and rulers needed ways to control the masses, so they did in the form of gods with the threat of eternal damnation. I think religion had its place in time, but as time goes on religion will fade.