Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Interview with an ex Muslim. "Islam is a cult"

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Yes people are corrupt and controlling by nature which is why religion which is created by people is corrupt and controlling. If religion was something that exsisted without people and people were corrupting it i could see your point, but its a lie created by people to control people. The very purpose of religion was control, in earlier times we didnt have the resources we do today and rulers needed ways to control the masses, so they did in the form of gods with the threat of eternal damnation. I think religion had its place in time, but as time goes on religion will fade.

Seriously you just trashed everyone of faith in a single paragraph!

It's all a lie and all who believe are easily duped morons is pretty much your summary of the history of religion as I read it?!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Here's my opinion on religion. People seek answers to questions that have no easy answers. The conclusions they come to on this journey for answers often manifest themselves in the way of religion.

I can't say who's right or wrong?

Maybe in some cases you can. And obviously there's a trail of contradictory evidence no matter what your science or religion. But in the end it's a matter of what the seeker sees and what he interpets. Many interpretations can derive from the same body of evidence, thus you have a multitude of beliefs.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Seriously you just trashed everyone of faith in a single paragraph!

It's all a lie and all who believe are easily duped morons is pretty much your summary of the history of religion as I read it?!
    I believe it is a lie with the motive being control. If you subscribe to a religion you basically take the same stance, because essentially what your saying is this religion is right, which would mean everyone else has it wrong.

I believe it is a lie with the motive being control. If you subscribe to a religion you basically take the same stance, because essentially what your saying is this religion is right, which would mean everyone else has it wrong.
    Maybe my religion doesn't preach that everyone who disgrees with it is unquestionably wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Dawg I'm not religious. But I can tell you this, what you don't know of religion and it's adherents could fill volumes.

Here's my opinion on religion. People seek answers to questions that have no easy answers. The conclusions they come to on this journey for answers often manifest themselves in the way of religion.

I can't say who's right or wrong?

Maybe in some cases you can. And obviously there's a trail of contradictory evidence no matter what your science or religion. But in the end it's a matter of what the seeker sees and what he interpets. Many interpretations can derive from the same body of evidence, thus you have a multitude of beliefs.
    Thats fine but the danger with religion is it pretends to give you the answers to all questions and it lays out guidelines in which is the "right way to live your life" which creates a sense of distain for anyone who lives outside that. Atheism is just not believing in dieties once you get past that you can live your life within the law however you see fit, and ur feeling towards others is the same as long as its legal i dont care what you do. gay people are a perfect example of how a persons rights could be trampled because of a religious outlook.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe my religion doesn't preach that everyone who disgrees with it is unquestionably wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Dawg I'm not religious. But I can tell you this, what you don't know of religion and it's adherents could fill volumes.
    Actually the major religions thats exactly what they preach, I dont know of any part of christianity that tells you its not the word of god and the absolute truth. What religion says believe whatever you want? They are telling you what an infinite all knowing all powerful god wants you to do.

I'll see if Preacher or someone else of faith jumps in.

I just think it's hilarious that dawg is such a hypocrite and can't see it.

I just think it's hilarious that dawg is such a hypocrite and can't see it.
    hypocrite how?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Yes people are corrupt and controlling by nature which is why religion which is created by people is corrupt and controlling. If religion was something that exsisted without people and people were corrupting it i could see your point, but its a lie created by people to control people. The very purpose of religion was control, in earlier times we didnt have the resources we do today and rulers needed ways to control the masses, so they did in the form of gods with the threat of eternal damnation. I think religion had its place in time, but as time goes on religion will fade.
    Time will tell.

hypocrite how?
    Has any one every disproven there's a God?

By your posts one would think so. Hence you're claiming you have answers that you don't possess. Thus you're a hypocrite.

By your posts one would think so. Hence you're claiming you have answers that you don't possess. Thus you're a hypocrite.
    I didnt claim anything i simply do not believe in one. We are not necessarily discussing the exsistence of god, we are discussing religion and its purpose and influence.

- - - Updated - - -

There are many things in the various religions that have been proven false and if things in the the religious doctrine are false its not a stretch that the god of that religion is also false.

but its a lie created by people to control people.
    You assume more than you know Dawg.

You assume more than you know Dawg.
    Thats what i believe, if you can show me its not a lie I will gladly leave the forum. If my point of view is based on assumption, what is your point of view based on? If there both based on assumption than i can just take everything you say to me, flip it around and point it right back at you.

Thats what i believe, if you can show me its not a lie I will gladly leave the forum. If my point of view is based on assumption, what is your point of view based on? If there both based on assumption than i can just take everything you say to me, flip it around and point it right back at you.
    Difference being I can express my POV without telling people that if they don't believe as I do they're more or less idiots.

Difference also being I don't think my views stand above all others.

Difference being I can express my POV without telling people that if they don't believe as I do they're more or less idiots.

Difference also being I don't think my views stand above all others.
    I never said either of those 2 things.

I never said either of those 2 things.
    You do constantly! You just don't see it.

You do constantly! You just don't see it.
    How, what did i say that would say your an idiot if you dont believe like me or my beleifs are superior? I simply told you that i believe religions are lies invented as a form of control.

How, what did i say that would say your an idiot if you dont believe like me or my beleifs are superior? I simply told you that i believe religions are lies invented as a form of control.
    You're very dismissive of any views contrary to your own.

Must be an "atheist thing".

You're very dismissive of any views contrary to your own.
    dismissive how, i never said you or anyone else shouldnt believe what they believe, I myself just do not believe in that. If me not believing in what you believe is being dismissive i dont know what to tell you.

dismissive how, i never said you or anyone else shouldnt believe what they believe, I myself just do not believe in that. If me not believing in what you believe is being dismissive i dont know what to tell you.
    If it was within your power would you do away with religion in all it's forms?

If it was within your power would you do away with religion in all it's forms?
    Ok i guess we are getting hypothetical, No i wouldnt people can believe whatever they want as far as im concerned, just as long as they leave me out of it. You know you say your accepting of others point of views but your calling out me as an atheist in a thread you created about how bad islam is, lol.

Yet another Islamic cleric recently made it permissible for the Islamic fighters waging a jihad in Syria—politely known as “the opposition”—to rape the nation’s women.

‘Ajlawni: Justifying rape in Islam’s name
    Salafi Sheikh Yasir al-‘Ajlawni, a Jordanian of origin who earlier lived in Damascus, Syria for 17 years, posted a YouTube video last week where he said he was preparing to issue a “legitimate fatwa” making it legal (in the eyes of Islam) for those Muslims fighting to topple secular president Bashar Assad and install Sharia law to “capture and have sex with” all non-Sunni women, specifically naming Assad’s own sect, the Alawites, as well as the Druze and several others, in short, all non-Sunnis and non-Muslims.

The sheikh used Islam’s legitimate Arabic term for these hapless, non-Muslim women, melk al-yamin, a phrase that appears in Islam’s sacred book, the Koran, and which is simply a reference to non-Muslim sex-slaves. For example, Koran 4:3 commands Muslim men to “Marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four… or what your right hands possess.” Islam’s ulema, or “scholars,” are unanimously agreed that “what your right hands possess” is, according to Islamic law, simply a sex-slave. Linguistic evidence further suggests that she is seen more as an animal or a possession than a human—hence this inhuman fatwa.

Jordanian Sheih Yasir al-‘Ajlawni is certainly not the first cleric to legitimize the rape of infidel women in recent times. Calls to capture and rape non-Muslim women are appearing with increasing frequency from all corners of the Islamic world.

A few months earlier, Saudi preacher Muhammad al-Arifi also issued a fatwa allowing jihadi fighters to engage in “intercourse marriage” with captive Syrian women that lasts for a few hours “in order to give each fighter a turn”—also known as gang-rape.

Then there is Egyptian Sheikh Ishaq Huwaini, who once lectured on how infidel captives, or to use another term from the Koran, ghanima, the “spoils of war,” are to be distributed among the jihadis and taken to “the slave market, where slave-girls and concubines are sold.” He, too, referred to such women as “what your right hands possess,” saying: “You go to the market and buy her, and she becomes like your legal mate—though without a contract, a guardian, or any of that stuff—and this is agreed upon by the ulema…. In other words, when I want a sex-slave, I go to the market and pick whichever female I desire and buy her.”

Indeed, even some Muslim women advocate the enslavement and rape of fellow (non-Muslim) women. Kuwaiti political activist, Salwa al-Mutairi, for instance, is working to see the institution of sex-slavery return. In a video she posted online, she explained how she once asked Islam’s greatest authorities living in the city of Mecca, the city of Islam, about the legality of sex-slavery and how they all confirmed it to be perfectly legitimate. According to Mutairi:

A Muslim state must [first] attack a Christian state—sorry, I mean any non-Muslim state—and they [the women, the future sex-slaves] must be captives of the raid. Is this forbidden? Not at all; according to Islam, sex slaves are not at all forbidden. Quite the contrary, the rules regulating sex-slaves differ from those for free women [i.e., Muslim women]: the latter’s body must be covered entirely, except for her face and hands, whereas the sex-slave is kept naked from the bellybutton on up—she is different from the free woman; the free woman has to be married properly to her husband, but the sex-slave—he just buys her and that’s that.

The Kuwaiti activist went on to offer concrete suggestions: “For example, in the Chechnya war, surely there are female Russian captives. So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait; better that than have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations. I don’t see any problem in this, no problem at all.”

One can go on and on with more examples. The point is that last week’s fatwa permitting the jihadi-led “opposition” to target and rape non-Sunni Syrian women is in good company, and certainly not an aberration.

The only aberration seems to be the United States’ wholesale support for self-professed rapists and terrorists—quite laughably, in the name of “democracy.”
    http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-t...omen-in-syria/

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i guess we are getting hypothetical, No i wouldnt people can believe whatever they want as far as im concerned, just as long as they leave me out of it. You know you say your accepting of others point of views but your calling out me as an atheist in a thread you created about how bad islam is, lol.
    You're no different than anyone of faith, as that you see only that that you want to see.

Yet another Islamic cleric recently made it permissible for the Islamic fighters waging a jihad in Syria—politely known as “the opposition”—to rape the nation’s women.

‘Ajlawni: Justifying rape in Islam’s name
    Salafi Sheikh Yasir al-‘Ajlawni, a Jordanian of origin who earlier lived in Damascus, Syria for 17 years, posted a YouTube video last week where he said he was preparing to issue a “legitimate fatwa” making it legal (in the eyes of Islam) for those Muslims fighting to topple secular president Bashar Assad and install Sharia law to “capture and have sex with” all non-Sunni women, specifically naming Assad’s own sect, the Alawites, as well as the Druze and several others, in short, all non-Sunnis and non-Muslims.

The sheikh used Islam’s legitimate Arabic term for these hapless, non-Muslim women, melk al-yamin, a phrase that appears in Islam’s sacred book, the Koran, and which is simply a reference to non-Muslim sex-slaves. For example, Koran 4:3 commands Muslim men to “Marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four… or what your right hands possess.” Islam’s ulema, or “scholars,” are unanimously agreed that “what your right hands possess” is, according to Islamic law, simply a sex-slave. Linguistic evidence further suggests that she is seen more as an animal or a possession than a human—hence this inhuman fatwa.

Jordanian Sheih Yasir al-‘Ajlawni is certainly not the first cleric to legitimize the rape of infidel women in recent times. Calls to capture and rape non-Muslim women are appearing with increasing frequency from all corners of the Islamic world.

A few months earlier, Saudi preacher Muhammad al-Arifi also issued a fatwa allowing jihadi fighters to engage in “intercourse marriage” with captive Syrian women that lasts for a few hours “in order to give each fighter a turn”—also known as gang-rape.

Then there is Egyptian Sheikh Ishaq Huwaini, who once lectured on how infidel captives, or to use another term from the Koran, ghanima, the “spoils of war,” are to be distributed among the jihadis and taken to “the slave market, where slave-girls and concubines are sold.” He, too, referred to such women as “what your right hands possess,” saying: “You go to the market and buy her, and she becomes like your legal mate—though without a contract, a guardian, or any of that stuff—and this is agreed upon by the ulema…. In other words, when I want a sex-slave, I go to the market and pick whichever female I desire and buy her.”

Indeed, even some Muslim women advocate the enslavement and rape of fellow (non-Muslim) women. Kuwaiti political activist, Salwa al-Mutairi, for instance, is working to see the institution of sex-slavery return. In a video she posted online, she explained how she once asked Islam’s greatest authorities living in the city of Mecca, the city of Islam, about the legality of sex-slavery and how they all confirmed it to be perfectly legitimate. According to Mutairi:

A Muslim state must [first] attack a Christian state—sorry, I mean any non-Muslim state—and they [the women, the future sex-slaves] must be captives of the raid. Is this forbidden? Not at all; according to Islam, sex slaves are not at all forbidden. Quite the contrary, the rules regulating sex-slaves differ from those for free women [i.e., Muslim women]: the latter’s body must be covered entirely, except for her face and hands, whereas the sex-slave is kept naked from the bellybutton on up—she is different from the free woman; the free woman has to be married properly to her husband, but the sex-slave—he just buys her and that’s that.

The Kuwaiti activist went on to offer concrete suggestions: “For example, in the Chechnya war, surely there are female Russian captives. So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait; better that than have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations. I don’t see any problem in this, no problem at all.”

One can go on and on with more examples. The point is that last week’s fatwa permitting the jihadi-led “opposition” to target and rape non-Sunni Syrian women is in good company, and certainly not an aberration.

The only aberration seems to be the United States’ wholesale support for self-professed rapists and terrorists—quite laughably, in the name of “democracy.”
    http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-t...omen-in-syria/

- - - Updated - - -

You're no different than anyone of faith, as that you see only that that you want to see.
    No what i believe in which is nature, science , things that are proven are what i see they do not require faith. People of faith believe in things that are unseen unknown and unproven which is why it requiers faith.

No what i believe in which is nature, science , things that are proven are what i see they do not require faith. People of faith believe in things that are unseen unknown and unproven which is why it requiers faith.
    So people of faith don't believe in nature and science? Didn't know that.

So people of faith don't believe in nature and science? Didn't know that.
    they do, but they are people of faith, so they believe in a world beyond that, i do not. Thats why they are called people of faith, faith by definition is a belief that is not based on proof, and the biblical definition of faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

You see this is where you come off as a bigot.

Ever think maybe religion "was created" to give people a sense of security? A belief that death has a greater meaning than fade to black?

Look at the definition of religion.

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Reads a little different than your interpretation no?

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

I was hoping for this, too.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I was hoping for this, too.
    Honestly I doubt he wastes his time with this. He's not going to convince steeldawg no matter what and we already believe in some sort of higher being.

You see this is where you come off as a bigot.

Ever think maybe religion "was created" to give people a sense of security? A belief that death has a greater meaning than fade to black?

Look at the definition of religion.

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Reads a little different than your interpretation no?
    I wasnt giving you a definition of religion, i was telling you what i believe it was used for and their is plenty of history to support that, even in your definition of religion it says a moral code governing human affairs basically it tells you how you should live your life that is control. Telling people you have to like certain things, you have to dislike certain things, dress a certain way , give a portion of your money, socialize with certain types of people, only marry evenly yolked partners, and on and on and on......And excuse me whos the bigot here you start a thread bashing islam and now your trying to call out atheists and im the bigot.

I wasnt giving you a definition of religion, i was telling you what i believe it was used for and their is plenty of history to support that, even in your definition of religion it says a moral code governing human affairs basically it tells you how you should live your life that is control. Telling people you have to like certain things, you have to dislike certain things, dress a certain way , give a portion of your money, socialize with certain types of people, only marry evenly yolked partners, and on and on and on......And excuse me whos the bigot here you start a thread bashing islam and now your trying to call out atheists and im the bigot.
    Being prejudiced against a hate group isn't bigotry. Islam advocates slavery, rape, coporol punishment to gays, to adults who consentually fornicate outside of marriage, represses the rights of non Muslims. So no I'm not a bigot. I just call it like it is. Islam is a hate cult.

It amazes me that Germany can outlaw Scientology, yet allows Islam inside it's borders. Tell me how many people throughout the world suffer at the hands of Scientoligists?

I'll go this far. People who are subjugated to Coporol punishment at the hands of all non Muslim religions combined don't amount to 1-20th the amount of people that suffer at the cruel hands of sharia law.

So fuck it, if that makes me a bigot, I'm a bigot and proud.

Being prejudiced against a hate group isn't bigotry. Islam advocates slavery, rape, coporol punishment to gays, to adults who consentually fornicate outside of marriage, represses the rights of non Muslims. So no I'm not a bigot. I just call it like it is. Islam is a hate cult.

It amazes me that Germany can outlaw Scientology, yet allows Islam inside it's borders. Tell me how many people throughout the world suffer at the hands of Scientoligists?

I'll go this far. People who are subjugated to Coporol punishment at the hands of all non Muslim religions combined don't amount to 1-20th the amount of people that suffer at the cruel hands of sharia law.

So fuck it, if that makes me a bigot, I'm a bigot and proud.
    And im a bigot how?