Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iraq War vet pens 'last letter' to Bush and Cheney

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Iraq War vet pens 'last letter' to Bush and Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I apologize i misunderstood your post i thought you were saying rational people understand the points you made, i took it as a dig. Agree to disagree
    Hey no problem.

By the way I think the guys are politely telling me to shut up already when they tell me you're mind is already made up.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Hey no problem.

By the way I think the guys are politely telling me to shut up already when they tell me you're mind is already made up.
    ya we were going around in circles for awhile there.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Hey. Looks like you guy's boi's, the Iraqi government, are ALREADY in collusion with Iran (that's Iran, with an "n"). Just another example. This is what we get for our troubles ? Didn't we "just" pull out of this country ? Their helping Iran to supply the Syrian government. Trillions of dollars, thousands of dead Americans, 30'000 + wonded (by the way, can someone calculate the costs of taking care of all those injured vets for the next 30-50 yrs on partial and full vet disability ?) We removed one extremist government, and replaced it with another... smh.

But Bush and Co. can do no wrong. I guess that's why so many of his own Republican party had him campaigning for them in 08' and 12' ? Lol...

By the way, the counter arguments "for" the war on here are so weak I won't bother to address them...

-----------

Article:

Kerry in Iraq to press on Iran flights to Syria

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/kerry-iraq-pre...-politics.html
    Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 03-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Hey. Looks like you guy's boi's, the Iraqi government, are ALREADY in collusion with Iran (that's Iran, with an "n"). Just another example. This is what we get for our troubles ? Didn't we "just" pull out of this country ? Their helping Iran to supply the Syrian government. Trillions of dollars, thousands of dead Americans, 30'000 + wonded (by the way, can someone calculate the costs of taking care of all those injured vets for the next 30-50 yrs on partial and full vet disability ?) We removed one extremist government, and replaced it with another... smh.

But Bush and Co. can do no wrong. I guess that's why so many of his own Republican party had him campaigning for them in 08' and 12' ? Lol...

-----------

Article:

Last I heard, it was projected to be at least 6 trillion dollars.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/iraq-...s-total-2013-3
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

By the way, the counter arguments "for" the war on here are so weak I won't bother to address them...

-----------

Article:

So you were proven wrong about your assertion about lies and Bush being a war criminal, so this is where you go?

You didn't start this thread debating whether Bush was a good President, what his legacy was etc...No one gives a rats ass whether you hate the guy or not. That's totally your right, just as it's our right to not be so crazy about the current POTUS. But that's not what this thread is about. You came out blazing making over the top accusations that were easily disproven.

Instead of admitting you misspoke you come out all arrogant once again.

If that gets me suspended it was worth it. I'm not taking it back either.
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 03-24-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Removed comments.

I dont think anyone proved bush didnt lie, I still think the adminstration lied, I find it extremely hard to believe we went to war over bad information.

I dont think anyone proved bush didnt lie, I still think the adminstration lied, I find it extremely hard to believe we went to war over bad information.
    No one came close to proving he did. The intelligence of every country in the world said Hussein had WMD's. He had a proven track record of having them and using them, and he failed to comply with U.N Sanctions that were brought about by his aggression against a neighbor state. To think he didn't have them at the time would be absurd. Revisionary historians are so full of shit on this one.

And if Bush is a War Criminal, so is just about every U.S President since Wilson.

- - - Updated - - -

Dawg, you're entitled to your opinion as I'm entitled to mine. But what you're not entitled to is making up facts. You want to offer a theory or conjecture, that's fine. Just as long as you state it that way, as I have done, when I offered an opinion.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

So you were proven wrong about your assertion about lies and Bush being a war criminal, so this is where you go?

You didn't start this thread debating whether Bush was a good President, what his legacy was etc...No one gives a rats ass whether you hate the guy or not. That's totally your right, just as it's our right to not be so crazy about the current POTUS. But that's not what this thread is about. You came out blazing making over the top accusations that were easily disproven.

Instead of admitting you misspoke you come out all arrogant once again.

If that gets me suspended it was worth it. I'm not taking it back either.
    Sorry Zu, can't let those remarks stay on the open board. I'm sure the members can imagine what you wrote. Of course if SE wants to know, you could always PM him.

this sort of weak shit is what should draw a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Sorry Zu, can't let those remarks stay on the open board. I'm sure the members can imagine what you wrote. Of course if SE wants to know, you could always PM him.
    I can't call someone out for chicken shit and smarmy comments?
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 03-24-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: removed double post portion

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I can't call someone out for chicken shit and smarmy comments?
    You sure can, just don't name call. Calling someone an F**** Douchebag can't be left on the board. You know we can't address members as assholes, idiots, morons, etc.

Speak to the points addressed in his posts, members will draw their own conclusions.

No one came close to proving he did. The intelligence of every country in the world said Hussein had WMD's. He had a proven track record of having them and using them, and he failed to comply with U.N Sanctions that were brought about by his aggression against a neighbor state. To think he didn't have them at the time would be absurd. Revisionary historians are so full of shit on this one.

And if Bush is a War Criminal, so is just about every U.S President since Wilson.

- - - Updated - - -

Dawg, you're entitled to your opinion as I'm entitled to mine. But what you're not entitled to is making up facts. You want to offer a theory or conjecture, that's fine. Just as long as you state it that way, as I have done, when I offered an opinion.
    What did i state as a fact all i said was nobody proved he didnt lie and i think he did.

What did i state as a fact all i said was nobody proved he didnt lie and i think he did.
    Which is fine, as that's your opinion. I was addressing you addressing me, for my remarks to Steel empire. He was the one who asserted Bush lied and was a War criminal. When his argument was countered by quite a few others, he comes up with that weak shit

sorry but that's just weak. At least you present your case.

He didn't, just casually flips every one off, and dismiss's us as if we're too stupid too matter. When it's him that can't hold up his end of the discussion. Again very weak.

Him, not you dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    You sure can, just don't name call. Calling someone an F**** Douchebag can't be left on the board. You know we can't address members as assholes, idiots, morons, etc.

Speak to the points addressed in his posts, members will draw their own conclusions.

I'm not sure if you meant it that way, but I have my aunt's syrupy sweet Southern voice in my head saying, "Bless his little heart."

-----------

Article:

Wait a second. First you accuse George Bush of war-crimes. Now, you are upset that he DIDN'T install a puppet government that would do our bidding at will (also known as imperialism)? So, you're anti-war but believe that the US should be an imperialist power that installs puppet governments if we do go to war. Is that right?

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I see you guys making "noise", but not refuting anything I say, just your own opinion. The same thing as in the last two Pres. elections... mostly insults, little facts !

You choose a politician (that now hides in the shadows) OVER a brother in arms, active military soldier, that would give his LIFE for you... OVER a KNOWN partner with the Bin Laden Family ??? That not even the totality of his own political party will represent ??? And that MAY have even "covered" for the Bin Ladens in the past... according to those most closet to that situation.

Always "some" excuse. I smell party line affiliation here, NOT common logic. All I have EVER seen is an "automatic response" from you guys based on party line affiliation. And I'm not the only one. But, regardless, I respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine, and according to some of the responses, many don't.

First. I have NEVER claimed Dem or Repub on here. Never claimed Dem (but a few "suspect" right wingers have made the "assumption" that I am)... pull up a post that I made that I claimed Dem, but I know it's ONLY Independent, cause I posted it ! But I got news, I'm not the only Independent like this. I actually voted "Bush" and Regan before. But you CAN find Independent quotes I've made (witch I am), NEVER out right d. or p. I've also voted Dem before. But I pride myself on being able to spot BS when I see it, NOT blind party affiliation !!! Which I see A LOT on here !!!

Also. I was born American. I became an Israeli citizen at 13 (dual citizenship). I'm VERY well versed in Middle-Eastern dealings from, actually, 5 yrs old. But I would bet money that many here did not even know about the issues in that part of the world until they were "at least" close to adults, if not fully adult. Chances are your NOT affiliated with that region on a personal level (like me) so your just going by what someone told you or what you have read ? Correct me if I'm wrong ?? A couple may have been "assigned" to that region because of conditions outside of your control... but no personal involvement.

I could go on, but let me cut through the case. A LOT of you on here (except a few brilliant members) have claimed allegiance to the Iraq war. Thus you 'must" claim allegiance to the results of the war ! Thus, you "must" claim allegiance to ANYTHING the Iraqi gov. does from here out ! Thus, you must claim allegiance to the Iraq government; in all of it's glory or darkness. It's the ONLY logical next step... it's the ONLY "honorable" next step. Why support the premises, but not the conclusion ?

I have a record of who was for (and against) this fiasco against our troops. Therefore I hold you in a "one-one correspondence" with WHATEVER the Iraq gov. does !!! As this is "Bush's" war, HIS government, and final result. ANYTHING else is cowardice ! Support your hero, Bush. But let it be known you rejected the common American troop in his place ! I have it on record. That was, and is, the thesis of this entire post (see window #1).

I for one will claim (if I want to or not) what ANY Jew does ! Because, after all, he is a Jew. I will respect only the same type parallel from my gentiles. Thus, WHENEVER this Iraq regime does something, good or bad, I will think of you here. EACH of you that claimed this "campaign". All I ask is that you do the honorable, NOT political, thing in return.

Thus. Anything "this" Iraqi government does, I will DEMAND you support !!! Anything else would be "totally" dishonorable, and totally cowardice ! And this is coming from an Israeli citizen... AND American.

Back up your position, like a man... or don't !!!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Preacher

Add to that the intelligence agencies that came to their conclusion that there was WMD in Iraq:

d. Britain

e. Germany

f. Russia

g. China

h. Israel

i. France

j. Hans Blix - the head of the UN inspection team

So much for Bush "being lied to by his intelligence network." By the way, here's a definition of lie: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. So did he lie? No. Did his intelligence agency lie? no. Who lied then? Saddam Hussein. Follow the first link to read the entire story. All in all therefore, your statement makes absolutely no sense. Saddam Hussein brought it upon himself by lying and manipulating the international community.
    Steeldawg

Nice MO....

....errrr.....ummmm.....I understand that all of the facts point to the contrary but since nobody has actually proven that Obama is not a shape shifting Alien I think he is.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

I see you guys making "noise", but not refuting anything I say, just your own opinion. The same thing as in the last two Pres. elections... mostly insults, little facts !

You choose a politician (that now hides in the shadows) OVER a brother in arms, active military soldier, that would give his LIFE for you... OVER a KNOWN partner with the Bin Laden Family ??? That not even the totality of his own political party will represent ??? And that MAY have even "covered" for the Bin Ladens in the past... according to those most closet to that situation.

Always "some" excuse. I smell party line affiliation here, NOT common logic. All I have EVER seen is an "automatic response" from you guys based on party line affiliation. And I'm not the only one. But, regardless, I respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine, and according to some of the responses, many don't.

First. I have NEVER claimed Dem or Repub on here. Never claimed Dem (but a few "suspect" right wingers have made the "assumption" that I am)... pull up a post that I made that I claimed Dem, but I know it's ONLY Independent, cause I posted it ! But I got news, I'm not the only Independent like this. I actually voted "Bush" and Regan before. But you CAN find Independent quotes I've made (witch I am), NEVER out right d. or p. I've also voted Dem before. But I pride myself on being able to spot BS when I see it, NOT blind party affiliation !!! Which I see A LOT on here !!!

Also. I was born American. I became an Israeli citizen at 13 (dual citizenship). I'm VERY well versed in Middle-Eastern dealings from, actually, 5 yrs old. But I would bet money that many here did not even know about the issues in that part of the world until they were "at least" close to adults, if not fully adult. Chances are your NOT affiliated with that region on a personal level (like me) so your just going by what someone told you or what you have read ? Correct me if I'm wrong ?? A couple may have been "assigned" to that region because of conditions outside of your control... but no personal involvement.

I could go on, but let me cut through the case. A LOT of you on here (except a few brilliant members) have claimed allegiance to the Iraq war. Thus you 'must" claim allegiance to the results of the war ! Thus, you "must" claim allegiance to ANYTHING the Iraqi gov. does from here out ! Thus, you must claim allegiance to the Iraq government; in all of it's glory or darkness. It's the ONLY logical next step... it's the ONLY "honorable" next step. Why support the premises, but not the conclusion ?

I have a record of who was for (and against) this fiasco against our troops. Therefore I hold you in a "one-one correspondence" with WHATEVER the Iraq gov. does !!! As this is "Bush's" war, HIS government, and final result. ANYTHING else is cowardice ! Support your hero, Bush. But let it be known you rejected the common American troop in his place ! I have it on record. That was, and is, the thesis of this entire post (see window #1).

I for one will claim (if I want to or not) what ANY Jew does ! Because, after all, he is a Jew. I will respect only the same type parallel from my gentiles. Thus, WHENEVER this Iraq regime does something, good or bad, I will think of you here. EACH of you that claimed this "campaign". All I ask is that you do the honorable, NOT political, thing in return.

Thus. Anything "this" Iraqi government does, I will DEMAND you support !!! Anything else would be "totally" dishonorable, and totally cowardice ! And this is coming from an Israeli citizen... AND American.

You claimed Bush was a War criminal. You didn't support your argument. Your argument was in fact completely shot down in flames. It was ridiiculous. Over the top. Shrill MSNBC quality nonsense.

That's what you've been critisized for.

No one cares about your life story. No one minds that you hate Bush. Don't confuse the issue.

I wasn't a big fan of President Johnson. Outside of advancing the cause of Civil Rights there's really not much to like about the man. But if someone came on here and started accusing him of killing the Kennedy's then they need to prove their case. And if they didn't, if poster after poster came on here and posted information that convincingly countered that claim. Then that poster would either need to stand down or sensibly counter the arguments against their premise, or apoligize for posting misinformation and nonsense.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Simmer down Beavis. No one has a problem with your life history bro, nor have they attacked it.

What did you Iraqi government supporters do today ? Make any deals with the Iranians ? lol

You claimed Bush was a War criminal. You didn't support your argument. Your argument was in fact completely shot down in flames. It was ridiiculous. Over the top. Shrill MSNBC quality nonsense.

That's what you've been critisized for.

No one cares about your life story. No one minds that you hate Bush. Don't confuse the issue.
    No I didn't claim Bush was a war criminal. That was part of the article that was posted.

What did you Iraqi government supporters do today ? Make any deals with the Iranians ? lol

No I didn't claim Bush was a war criminal. That was part of the article that was posted.

He should have been impeached because of it. Obama "chose" not to file charges on him (and he could have). But Bush can got to hell...
    You sure as hell strongly insinuated it at the least!

You know it's what you believe, so why deny it?

But regardless. Like it or not, Bush didn't overstep the bounds of his office, didn't take this country to war illegally, and isn't a war criminal.

He acted within his authority and went to war for just cause.

The luxary of hindsight doesn't change the reality of the moment.

You sure as hell strongly insinuated it at the least!

You know it's what you believe, so why deny it?

But regardless. Like it or not, Bush didn't overstep the bounds of his office, didn't take this country to war illegally, and isn't a war criminal.

He acted within his authority and went to war for just cause.

I believe the Senate intelligence commitee actually went on record stating that the bush administration used info they knew was false and diregarded info. This is what they found and reported, so he might not have taken the country to war illegally but he may have done so under false pretenses

I believe the Senate intelligence commitee actually went on record stating that the bush administration used info they knew was false and diregarded info. This is what they found and reported, so he might not have taken the country to war illegally but he may have done so under false pretenses
    The same people that were banging the war drums before we invaded Iraq? And by the way if they did that please provide that in the form of a link.

Again at the time no one didn't think Hussein had WMD's. So yeah I love that revisonary history.

The same people that were banging the war drums before we invaded Iraq? And by the way if they did that please provide that in the form of a link.

Again at the time no one didn't think Hussein had WMD's. So yeah I love that revisonary history.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_105374.html
    http://pubrecord.org/nation/351/sena...ar-iraq-intel/

Its not revisionary hisrtory the report exsists its on record. Of course the bush administration would never admit it but would you really expect them too?

- - - Updated - - -

Really it shouldnt have mattered what people "thought" prewar, our government has the responsibility to "know" before sending us to war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_105374.html
    http://pubrecord.org/nation/351/sena...ar-iraq-intel/

Its not revisionary hisrtory the report exsists its on record. Of course the bush administration would never admit it but would you really expect them too?

- - - Updated - - -

Really it shouldnt have mattered what people "thought" prewar, our government has the responsibility to "know" before sending us to war.
    If everyone always knew what awaited them prior to starting hostilities world history would look nothing like it does today.

One day it will be proven that the WMD's were in Iraq and Hussein moved them to Syria on advice and with the help of his Russian masters weeks before the invasion. Hussein was convinced that there was a chance he could come back into power, but only if no WMD's were used against or found by the invading forces.

Until that day, keep up your rants, because if I'm still alive and we're both still posting on this board I'll rub your nose in each and every one of your vitriolic misinformed views.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I wont click on a link from the Huff Po, not even if my life depended on it. So I'm not bothering with your link. In other words I'm acting like you, I'm shutting out all views that don't conform with my own.

If everyone always knew what awaited them prior to starting hostilities world history would look nothing like it does today.

One day it will be proven that the WMD's were in Iraq and Hussein moved them to Syria on advice and with the help of his Russian masters weeks before the invasion. Hussein was convinced that there was a chance he could come back into power, but only if no WMD's were used against or found by the invading forces.

Until that day, keep up your rants, because if I'm still alive and we're both still posting on this board I'll rub your nose in each and every one of your vitriolic misinformed views.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I wont click on a link from the Huff Po, not even if my life depended on it. So I'm not bothering with your link. In other words I'm acting like you, I'm shutting out all views that don't conform with my own.
    I dont shut out any views, I read all responses and all links posted by someone im debating. I have not responded with vitriol you asked for a link I gave you 2 theres many more. If you dont want to read them, then dont i dont really care the fact remains that the committe investigated the matter and that was the conclusion, im sorry if it doesnt agree with your syria theory but thats how it is. Its hard to make a case that we knew he had stockpiles of WMDs but then he suddenly moved them without anybody noticing.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Impeach Bush!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

I dont shut out any views, I read all responses and all links posted by someone im debating. I have not responded with vitriol you asked for a link I gave you 2 theres many more. If you dont want to read them, then dont i dont really care the fact remains that the committe investigated the matter and that was the conclusion, im sorry if it doesnt agree with your syria theory but thats how it is. Its hard to make a case that we knew he had stockpiles of WMDs but then he suddenly moved them without anybody noticing.
    Yeah Saddam was above having or using WMD's we all know that.

It's also very easy to make the case that Saddam Hussein lied to his Generals and paraded the fact that he has WMD, when he didn't. That fact comes not from American sources that have a political aim, but from Tariq Aziz under questioning when he was captured.

So, either join the flat-earth society of Iraq war conspiracy theorists about suppressing information, or give up this asinine position that Only George Bush and his people controlled information. Seriously. I've posted enough examples myself to disprove what your saying, and I'm not the only one.

Ain't that the truth.