Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Federal Budget Thread (Was: RNC to spend $10 million to reach minorities)

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Federal Budget Thread (Was: RNC to spend $10 million to reach minorities)

Sorry Zu, but I see "MSNBC" at the top and I already have zero interest in watching the video. Nothing but a bunch of ultra-left wing hacks on that channel. No thanks.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    For the record, being critical of the inefficiency of government employees is NOT an indictment of the government employees themselves, but the way government is run. Government employees as indiviudal people are just as great as the next guy.

The problem lies in if you give someone 3 or 4 hours of work each day and they have 8 hours to do it what choices do they really have...
    I have no problem with being critical of the government but their have been plenty of shots taken at the workers, they need to wake up, they can become productive citizens again, they have an entitlement attitude. The point is massive layoffs are bad for everyone its a short sited idea. If you want to to trim down departments by 1 or 2 people because there is nothing for them to do ok I get it, but wiping out 30% of the jobs is a huge mistake. There are so many other things that we could look at cutting besides jobs, its funny in a country who is so pro job creators we are now cheering for do more with less when it comes to jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    For the record, being critical of the inefficiency of government employees is NOT an indictment of the government employees themselves, but the way government is run. Government employees as indiviudal people are just as great as the next guy.

The problem lies in if you give someone 3 or 4 hours of work each day and they have 8 hours to do it what choices do they really have...
    I have no problem with being critical of the government but their have been plenty of shots taken at the workers, they need to wake up, they can become productive citizens again, they have an entitlement attitude. The point is massive layoffs are bad for everyone its a short sited idea. If you want to to trim down departments by 1 or 2 people because there is nothing for them to do ok I get it, but wiping out 30% of the jobs is a huge mistake. There are so many other things that we could look at cutting besides jobs, its funny in a country who is so pro job creators we are now cheering for do more with less when it comes to jobs.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

steeldawg

I have no problem with being critical of the government but their have been plenty of shots taken at the workers, they need to wake up, they can become productive citizens again, they have an entitlement attitude. The point is massive layoffs are bad for everyone its a short sited idea.If you want to to trim down departments by 1 or 2 people because there is nothing for them to do ok I get it, but wiping out 30% of the jobs is a huge mistake. There are so many other things that we could look at cutting besides jobs, its funny in a country who is so pro job creators we are now cheering for do more with less when it comes to jobs.
    Actually, it is only short sighted if you CHOOSE to look at it short sighted.

We agree that you cannot blame government workers when they are a cog in an extremely slow and inefficient government system...

I also sense we may agree that it may be possible for the government to provide the same level and quality of services with 1/3rd less people...over time.

It sounds as though the primary concern in your mind is the effect on the economy and the workers who are no longer necessary and are laid off. While I understand your initial concern, I am of the opinion if you absorb and shed these jobs gradually, over time, say 2 over 3 years for example, the private sector will likely be better able to assimilate these new entrants into the private sector work force.

Also, as Count implied, if we look at these new private sector employees as entrepreneurial and productive people who can now contribute to the production of goods and services if given the chance, then that should grow GNP and also the revenue that is dervied from the additional production of goods and services as opposed to taking money out of the private sector economy to pay public sector employees who do not produce anything or add to gnp.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Re: RNC to spend $10 million to reach minorities

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Im not thats why i seperated goverment involvement and deregulation, both which i have no problem with, but again can we depend on private business to step up and put people to work? Look at it like this if we lower taxes if we deregulate making it more profitable to do business that means less money coming into the government. Are businesses who weve already established have only one concern and thats the bottom line, going to to hire more people? Are they going to pay wages that allow workers to live without government assistance? Or will they just take the profits and pay dividends to their share holders, like they are doing now?
    Came in expecting you to contradict yourself, left satisfied.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: RNC to spend $10 million to reach minorities

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Came in expecting you to contradict yourself, left satisfied.
    God forbid that there would actually be more businesses popping up to pay taxes(more revenue). More businesses means more jobs which in turn means more people paying taxes(more revenue) and less living off the government entitlement tit. Even with lower more friendly tax rates the revenue would be higher with more people paying in.

But no thats not how it works in the lefty rainbow unicorn world.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I think you can't determine minorities by color or ethnicity, you need to use "working vs non-working".

Dems cater to non-working people with handouts. That is the core of the problem, the Dems have no morals to say "get out and get a job", they just say "Vote for me and I'll keep supporting you".

If a Dem is elected in 2016, this country will have a major economic collapse. Period. Where will that get them all?
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Government employees hard at work. Good thing this country can't do without them or the wasteful spending.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I think you can't determine minorities by color or ethnicity, you need to use "working vs non-working".

Dems cater to non-working people with handouts. That is the core of the problem, the Dems have no morals to say "get out and get a job", they just say "Vote for me and I'll keep supporting you".

If a Dem is elected in 2016, this country will have a major economic collapse. Period. Where will that get them all?
    and people would STILL blame Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Had to get this one in.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

If you want to to trim down departments by 1 or 2 people because there is nothing for them to do ok I get it, but wiping out 30% of the jobs is a huge mistake. There are so many other things that we could look at cutting besides jobs, its funny in a country who is so pro job creators we are now cheering for do more with less when it comes to jobs.
    These are not "jobs". "Jobs" are people producing goods or services in exchange for wages and benefits. What we have here is people doing nothing of value whatsoever in exchange for money that has either been taken from *actual* workers or borrowed in their name. They may as well be on welfare for all the good they do.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    These are not "jobs". "Jobs" are people producing goods or services in exchange for wages and benefits. What we have here is people doing nothing of value whatsoever in exchange for money that has either been taken from *actual* workers or borrowed in their name. They may as well be on welfare for all the good they do.
    What are not jobs Almost 60% of federal workers work in defense, veterans affairs, and homeland security. If you want to cut other areas like agriculture, health and human resources, transportation, etc... the sweeping 30% cut to the federal workforce if the top three areas are untouched would completely wipe out all other areas. Nobody wants to cut anything to do with defense or veterans so i really dont see how it makes us more efficent.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

#1 any statement of fact that begins with words like "everybody" or "nobody" is bound to be wrong. This is no exception.

#2 "Working" in one department doesn't make anyone less useless than somebody "working" in another department. Most of the people are professional bureaucracy drones who could disappear tomorrow and would not be missed.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    #1 any statement of fact that begins with words like "everybody" or "nobody" is bound to be wrong. This is no exception.

#2 "Working" in one department doesn't make anyone less useless than somebody "working" in another department. Most of the people are professional bureaucracy drones who could disappear tomorrow and would not be missed.
    You have more patience than I do. I keep telling myself not to engage, yet I still break my own rules.

But then again, why not?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

You Lie: Democrats Vote to Give Free Healthcare to Illegal Immigrants

Hey, it’s not the Democrat politicians’ money, what do they care? A bipartisan working group in the Senate on immigration split down party lines to effectively give illegal immigrants free healthcare.

As Roll Call reported:

The Senate early Saturday morning defeated the amendment to the budget resolution which would have put the Senate on record as opposing access to health care under Medicaid or the Affordable Care Act for undocumented immigrants who get a green card.

Just to clarify, there is ambiguity in the Obamacare law and the GOP’s measure would have resolved it. The Democrats voted in committee to block it. This is what the Obamacare law states:

Does Not Require Proof of Citizenship to Obtain Health Services: While Section 246 (page 143) of the bill expressly prohibits illegal aliens from receiving government-run healthcare, the bill does not include a specific requirement that a person prove his or her citizenship in order to obtain affordability credits, which means that illegal aliens could obtain coverage.

So the Democrats know that this is a flaw in the bill and they refuse to fix it. This is how it works: the Democrats in office want power. In order to get power, they need voters. And to get voters, they bribe them with other people’s money.

- - - Updated - - -

the Democrats made a big to-do when Representative Joe Wilson shouted ‘you lie’ to Barack Obama during a 2009 joint session of Congress after the president claimed that illegal immigrants wouldn’t be ‘insured’ (a euphemism when it comes to Obamacare). Remember this?

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

What are not jobs Almost 60% of federal workers work in defense, veterans affairs, and homeland security.
    I was behind a guy at the convenience store checkout recently during regular business hours.

He was yucking it up with eveyone around him in the store and then looked at me, smiled and said " you go ahead, I'm in no hurry, I work for the NSA" and then he winked and chuckled.

I grinned right back and thanked him (and of course did not say the first thing that came to mind.)

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Democrats Vote to Give Free Healthcare to Illegal Immigrants

So these people get health care and we are forced to purchase it and will get fined if we don't.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    So these people get health care and we are forced to purchase it and will get fined if we don't.
    And this should be no surprise to anyone with a brain.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This country is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

I agree.

I honestly think we are past the point of return.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

The worst part is, the majority of this country is cheerleading the downfall on. And when you try and explain to them the error in their ways, you're called a flaming right winged wacko who has no heart and must be rich.

I've said it often in recent weeks - the USA has turned into an Ochlocracy: democracy ("rule of the people") spoiled by demagoguery (Obama), "tyranny of the majority" and the rule of passion over reason.

Let them eat cake.

Obama's Daughters Spend Spring Break in Lavish Resort in Bahamas

Remember that time you spent your teenage spring breaks in 5-star resorts just laughing it up on the beach with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Secret Service agents watching over you?

No?

According to Breitbart and a variety of firsthand accounts from the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, it appears as though Sasha and Malia Obama are spending their spring break living it up in the Caribbean Community.

Now, to be clear, this is not to criticize the Obama’s daughters. They are just children; Malia is only 14-years-old, and Sasha is only 11.

Now, to be even clearer, this is to criticize the Obama administration. While sequestration has ‘forced’ the White House to blame the GOP for closing its doors to tours for the public and jeopardizing the solvency of the famous White House Easter Egg Roll, the man-in-charge can somehow pay for his daughters to take this lavish vacation.

So how much does this vacation cost? We don’t know for certain, but as Breitbart points out, Judicial Watch discovered that Malia Obama’s spring break trip to Mexico last year cost taxpayers $115,000 due to accompanying Secret Service protection.

Once again, this is not meant to be an attack on the Obama children. But, as the President demonizes the GOP for supposedly ‘deliberately handing out pink slips’ to those affected by sequestration, is it really good PR for the Obama’s to send their children on a vacation only the 1% can afford? As time goes on, it seems more and more like sequestration was nothing but a chess piece in the political game Obama is playing in order to squash the GOP, and that is not in the best interest of America.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/03/4353...rt-in-bahamas/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    The worst part is, the majority of this country is cheerleading the downfall on. And when you try and explain to them the error in their ways, you're called a flaming right winged wacko who has no heart and must be rich.
    It's all Bush's fault anyway.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Alot of police teachers social workers firefighter emts in there that i would say are pretty important. not to mention they also pay taxes and spend money in our economy. Laying off 600,000 people will not help our economy, It will cut what we would of spent on their salaries but thats it. It in no way helps economic growth.
    Do I really need to say that I'm not talking about Police, Firefighters and EMT's???

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Do I really need to say that I'm not talking about Police, Firefighters and EMT's???
    Yes you do. And you need to keep reminding them of it, because they consider the "police and firefighters" schtick to be an effective debating tactic.
    And just like Obama did with the sequester, if you force them to reduce their headcount, the actually *important* people will be the first ones out the door.
    Happens all the time on the local level.