Thread: Te’o blames slow 40 time on Combine stress

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Te’o blames slow 40 time on Combine stress

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ombine-stress/

Former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o has refused to blame his poor performance during the BCS national title game on the stress resulting from the knowledge that, inevitably, the story of his fake dead girlfriend would be exposed.

On Monday, Te’o blamed his poor performance during the 40-yard dash on the overall stress of the Scouting Combine.

“I was running near a 4.6, a 4.5,” Te’o told NFL Network after officially clocking a 4.82-second 40-yard dash. “Today was just a long, long day.”

Te’o called the Combine a “very exhausting process,” explaining that he got to bed late and got up early, with roughly four hours of sleep per night.

Good thing there's no stress involved when actual games start.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Te’o blames slow 40 time on Combine stress

Yep, this kid is definitely worth the 17th pick...

Dwinsgames

no way in hell do I believe he was ever in his life timed at 4.5 or 4.6 , he doe not play fast , never has that my eyes have witnessed ....

I really liked the kid BUT . lets be realistic ....

He showed flaws in his game , he lied , he continued to mislead until the cat was out of the bag and he had no choice but to admit the truth , he performed poorly in what drills he did manage to take part in at the combine and he couldn't lift due to a shoulder injury ..... his stock has fallen and will continue to fall as the dust settles unless he has a stellar pro day he is a 3rd round pick ....

funny thing is had he got hurt in practice the week of the N.C game and not played , broke the news to the media himself about the girlfriend fraud ( or not had it at all ) he may still be a late first round pick on some boards ....

my guess is some teams have probably taken him clear off their boards and hopefully the Steelers are one of those teams ... can he still be a good pro ? yes he could turn it around , he is not without talent but he will have to work hard ....

just a few short months ago I wanted him in Black n Gold , now not a chance we have enough issues as a team to take on more projects ( mentally ) and potentially physically

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I remember there was a time I was praying we would get this kid. Now, not so much.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The thing is, there may be some truth to what he's saying. But let someone else say it, or just don't say anything other than to let everyone know you'll work hard to turn it around on your Pro day at Notre Dame.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    The thing is, there may be some truth to what he's saying. But let someone else say it, or just don't say anything other than to let everyone know you'll work hard to turn it around on your Pro day at Notre Dame.

all the early runners dealt with the same issues , they all are tired , they all had a long week .... they all did NOT run a 4.82 ..... be accountable don't look to make excuses ... leader lead not make excuses

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I have a feeling this guys stock will continue to plummet all the way to the draft

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Te'o needs a girl friend.

Just sayin

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

This guy couldnt have taken a bigger nosedive. He got to the Big Game pushed by the media, and got his ass handed to him. Then got exposed with the fake GF crap. And now seems to be making excuses for his poor 40 time and slightly smaller weight that he was being billed at. I almost feel bad for the guy. But he could of avoided this crap if he would of just did the Tebow thing and said he needs to work harder until his pro day. Then shut everyone up, but I see hes still trying to find a way to make the news.

with the xxxx pick, the NY Jets select, Manti Te'o.
    Last edited by XxKnightxX; 02-26-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Because the Jets are frontrunners

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

John Harbaugh watches Te'o's 40 yard dash

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    John Harbaugh watches Te'o's 40 yard dash

Kinda reminds me of this:

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Might be the most sought after UDFA.