Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combine

Dwinsgames

Combine

1 week till the annual poke and prod

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

"It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Combine

The combine the ticket to a top 10 selection for an undeserving candidate

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

4 Players Im curious to see run the 40

1) Phillip Thomas S
    2) Quinton Patton WR
    3) Joseph Randle RB
    4) Matt Scott QB

also the Lb bench press is always intersting

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    4 Players Im curious to see run the 40

1) Phillip Thomas S
    2) Quinton Patton WR
    3) Joseph Randle RB
    4) Matt Scott QB

also the Lb bench press is always intersting

for me the 40 is the most over rated event at the combine , none of those guys will be wearing shorts and running on a track in the NFL and not everyone runs the same in shorts as they do in pads ( extra weight and restricting ) ... 40 time ( straight line speed ) effects very little playing football ( except for guys like Mike Wallace ) most players can be better judged by how they perform the 3 cone drill IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    for me the 40 is the mo[t over rated event at the combine , none of those guys will be wearing shorts and running on a track in the NFL and not everyone runs the same in shorts as they do in pads ( extra weight and restricting ) ... 40 time ( straight line speed ) effects very little playing football ( except for guys like Mike Wallace ) most players can be better judged by how they perform the 3 cone drill IMO
    Ive seen them play in pads live, never actually sat and watch drills live, just reviewed the numbers
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 02-13-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: corrected syntax

Dwinsgames

Eddie Lacy is out with hammy ,have to wonder where his stock goes on draft boards because the biggest question with him was his speed

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Eddie Lacy is out with hammy ,have to wonder where his stock goes on draft boards because the biggest question with him was his speed
    Don't think the hammy itself would make him slid to awful much, but link that with his foot problems, and you can't tell what will happen. He hopes to be ready for his pro day, if his is that would help him,,,,,,,, if he can show well.

AML

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'll be paying attention to the defensive backs and linebackers the most. I'm excited to watch them all run their drills.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Here's a nice little picture of Terrance Cody from his weigh-in at the combine....in honor of the start of the combine today.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Here's a nice little picture of Terrance Cody from his weigh-in at the combine....in honor of the start of the combine today.

that is a image I would have rather have forgotten about .........

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

that is a image I would have rather have forgotten about .........
    What about this one? Not from the combine, but at his pro-day?

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dwinsgames

why why why why why why why why why why ???????????????????????

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

The only guy I've ever seen who was so fat that his moobs had moobs of their own.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Report: #Steelers Have Already Met With North Carolina G Jonathan Cooper At The Combine
    During the NFL combine teams allowed to meet with 60 players over the course of the week for 15 minutes. Jim Wexell of Steel City Insiders reported via Twitter on Thursday that the Pittsburgh Steelers have already met with North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper, who is considered by many to be the second ranked guard in the draft this year.

Cooper was a consensus All-America selection and Outland Trophy finalist in 2012. He is very coordinated and athletic, and thus a perfect pulling and zone-blocking scheme prospect. He measured in at the combine at 6021, 311 and has 33 inch arms.

"I've been coaching 26 years now, and I've not had an interior lineman with his athletic ability, North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora said about Cooper back in October. "So he's pretty special." ............

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02...ooper-combine/

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post

I wish I had more hands, so I could give those titties four thumbs down!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers To Meet With USC WR Robert Woods At Combine

The 2013 NFL combine continues on in Indianapolis and another player has been identified as one that the Pittsburgh Steelers will meet with for 15 minutes. Jim Wexell of Steel City Insider reports via Twitter that USC wide receiver Robert Woods has indicated that he has a meeting scheduled with the black and gold. Teams are allowed to meet with 60 players during the week.

Woods measured in on Friday at 6003, 201 and is currently regarded my many as a top ten wide receiver in the draft this year. He figures to be drafted somewhere in the second or third round...........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02...s-nfl-combine/

- - - Updated - - -

While we are looking at Combine nostalgia.....

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Steelers To Meet With USC WR Robert Woods At Combine

No thank you, the Steelers have bigger needs

Luke Joeckel runs 5.22. I don't know if that is slow or not but he looked slower. It shouldn't affect him but you never know given how serious 40 times are taken. I saw Lane Johnson on the other hand and he is fast, official 40 time 4.75

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    No thank you, the Steelers have bigger needs
    totally agree

we do need to pick up a WR , but with all our other needs it will have to be a low $ FA or a late round pick IMO ... maybe this is Colberts smoke screen interview ?

Woods is a TD machine, would be OK with the pick Rd2

Steelers Met With PSU DT Jordan Hill At The NFL CombineThe 2013 NFL combine continues on in Indianapolis and on Saturday Penn State defensive tackle Jordan Hill said in his talk with the media that the Pittsburgh Steelers were one of the teams that he had already met with, according to Penn Live.

At 6 foot, 1 inch and 291 pounds Hill is a little light in the pants currently to play nose tackle in the Steelers 3-4 defense, but he made it known that he is willing to make the transition from the 4-3 that he played in college if he is asked to do it...........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02...l-nfl-combine/

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers Have Already Met With North Carolina G Jonathan Cooper At The Combine

During the NFL combine teams allowed to meet with 60 players over the course of the week for 15 minutes. Jim Wexell of Steel City Insiders reported via Twitter on Thursday that the Pittsburgh Steelers have already met with North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper, who is considered by many to be the second ranked guard in the draft this year. ............

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02...ooper-combine/

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'm currently watching the combine and the receivers looked good in their drills. The qbs, not so much. The receivers are running the forty well though. I have a feeling this will be a good draft for receivers... I just hope the Steelers do not draft a receiver in the first round though.

Dwinsgames

Kenny Stills unofficial 4.28 when he was expected to run in a 4.49 area , just moved up the draft boards by a round or 2 ( today's NFL draft boards like those measurable's )

a 4th or 5th round prospect that now probably does not make it out of the 3rd round

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Thanks for the updates Dwins.

Dwinsgames

well his official time was not as good ... 4.38 ..still shaved a full .1 off his expected time

Dwinsgames

couple of sleepers to watch in the later rounds that caught my eye are wr Aaron Mellette who looked very good in the drills and wr Rodney Smith

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

.....amazing the draft is only a month away!

Dwinsgames

Liking this group of RBs that should be available in the 3rd and 4th rounds ( in no specific order )

RB
    Taylor
    Gillisee
    Franklin
    Knile Davis
    Keyon Barner

Chris Mortensen@mortreportUtah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Mortensen@mortreportLotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City