Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combine

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Combine

ESPN’s Scouts, Inc. ranks Lotulelei as the No. 1 overall player in this year’s draft, at any position. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock calls Lotulelei the second-best defensive tackle in the draft.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tion/#comments

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mike Loyko@NEPD_Loyko

Head NFL Draft Scout and Editor at http://NEPatriotsdraft.com USA Today Digital Media. Boston Sports Expert and Enthusiast. Director of Scouting for Rosterwatch
    Boston,MA · http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com

Mike Loyko@NEPD_Loyko
    Every single piece of available data through two days of on field drill is now in the spreadsheet check it out - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseLAGMydisldGJjNXlRd0JVdjdlaklpeDdWRjE4S Hc&rm=full#gid=1 …

Dwinsgames

Knile Davis was probably the most impressive RB at the combine for me .... 5'10" 220 31 reps of 225 lbs second of all the RBs ..... that is some pretty impressive power when put into perspective vs guys nearly 100 pound his senior ( most O-Linemen did not do that many ) ...... and his 40 time was also the second fastest ran the only man faster was 60 pounds lighter , to add a little more perspective to just how fast Davis ran the 40 he was the 5th fastest man at the combine after the first few days , speed and power ...

now I told you all before I do not get caught up in workout numbers so much and I don't .... this just solidified what I had already thought of Davis ( I mentioned him before as a guy I liked ) I just think teams will be opening their eyes on him too ( in other words the secret is out for all the mock drafters ) Look for Davis to creep up mock drafts and no longer be a 4th and 5th round prospect

career at Arkansas 349 carries 1862 yards and 19 TDs
    ​ with just 1 season as the full time stater ( Broken ankle his senior year and broken collar bone his junior year ) he is 2 years removed from 204 carries 1322 yards and 13 td season , he does not have a lot of wear and tear on his body from his collegiate career ( just 350 carries some backs have that in 1 season ) so the term " fresh legs " would apply here

the kid has great feet and an eye for the hole dare I say he reminds me of Arian Foster ?

and to top it all off , when this kid scores he acts like he has been there before and casually flips the ball to the official and gets back to his business no chest pounding look at me stuff , no dancing around does his job and gets back to work ...

well enough of the hype , here watch his footwork , watch his vision , watch his speed in the open field tell me if you do not see Foster in this kid ...

Dwinsgames

I think the last time I was this excite about a RB that was not slated to be a first or second round pick was Michael Turner ....... I want this kid bad

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Te'o ran the 40 in 4.81...

He may have said re right things Saturday, but an unofficial 4.81 40 time? Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

He may have said re right things Saturday, but an unofficial 4.81 40 time? Ouch!!

DE time LOL

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Can't stop thinking about my Lennay......

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

I think the last time I was this excite about a RB that was not slated to be a first or second round pick was Michael Turner ....... I want this kid bad
    I was high on Davis going into this season, then cooled a little. Can't remember why, maybe just forgot about him,,,,,,,,, I am kinda old you know. Have been keeping track of his combine numbers and they look about what I expected early on. Don't have any problem with drafting him at all. For sure one to keep an eye on. Hope we interview the kid. Wish I had NFL Network, this is the first combine I've missed in years.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Margus Hunt, 6'8 280, 4.60 forty with 38 reps. Singlehandedly won his Bowl game. Anyone?
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    Margus Hunt, 6'8 280, 4.60 forty with 38 reps. Singlehandedly won his Bowl game. Anyone?

draws comparisons to Aaron Smith ( big shoes right there )

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If he can upgrade Ziggy Hood, yes let's do it, what range is he?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Thought to be a late 2nd, which will mean absolutly nothing on draft day.

AML

I have a question. Why did we interview Geno Smith?

AML

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

I think he knocked himself out of the first with that.

Gooden from Mizzou ran a 4.47! His stock just keeps going up.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I have a question. Why did we interview Geno Smith?

Colbert love a good smoke screen .... could be a sign of Colbert realizing what a great opportunity he has to trade back in this draft and if teams are wanting a QB they may want to deal with him than take a chance on him taking their guy off the board ?

no lock that Geno Smith goes number 1 over all and if he slips past 9 he may go all the way to the 20's unless someone trades up to take him ( perhaps Colbert's ace in the hole ? ) lots of teams need a QB but none of these guys honestly in my mind hold first round value and a handful hold second round value ....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Dang he looks good too!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Davis looks good Dwins.....nice ball protection and no dancing!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    No point. The Steelers wouldn't utilize his abilities.
    Hater = Realist