Thread: 1972 Steeler season highlights.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

1972 Steeler season highlights.

Franco Harris would have been great in any era. So would most of those players. Bigger, stronger, faster, has nothing to to with evolution, because change just doesn't take place that fast. It's all to do with training techniques, nutrition, and other things that we know go on that shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 1972 Steeler season highlights.

Immaculate reception!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Terry Bradshaw threw such a pretty ball. Effortless.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

74 Steelers

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Watch out for that goal post. Did they run cigarette commercials on tv during football games?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Watch out for that goal post. Did they run cigarette commercials on tv during football games?
    In 72? That might have been about the last year they did? Not sure when it stopped, but up until the FCC banned ciggarette commercials the NFL ran them.

By the way I've been watching the 74 highlights, and you know what I haven't seen? Helmet to helmet contact. I hate to admit it but the commisioner's got a point. If you learn how to tackle correctly you'll rarely blast someone ( including yourself) in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    In 72? That might have been about the last year they did? Not sure when it stopped, but up until the FCC banned ciggarette commercials the NFL ran them.
    January 2, 1971
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Thanks for posting these, zu. Good stuff!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

When I was a child in 1971, my family moved to Miami from Pittsburgh. I was a Steeler fan because of my grandfather, but my mother the traitor bought me a Dolphins vinyl rain poncho. I wore it a couple of times to walk to school in the pouring rain, but as a 6 year old, I did not know any better. It eventually melted in the garage due to the extreme heat and humidity in South Florida.

In 1974. mom got smart and got me a knitted Steelers hat with the gold ball on top. Wish I still had it.

Three times there were back-to-back Super Bowl winners in that decade. It was the real Golden Age of the NFL.
    All Defense!