Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flacco expected to aim for Drew Brees money

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Flacco expected to aim for Drew Brees money

Flacco = modern day Mark Rypien.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Now I feel ripped off. I didn't get paid shit for all the times I threw the ball straight up in the air during games of 3 flies up as a kid.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I cant agree with that flacco is way more accomplished then rypien ever was imo and if he wins this game not even close 5 straight solid seasons

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    I cant agree with that flacco is way more accomplished then rypien ever was imo and if he wins this game not even close 5 straight solid seasons
    Rypien was NFL MVP in 91 and led the Redskins to the #1 seed and Super Bowl title that same season.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I hope that they pay him 20 mil. It takes money away from the rest of the team.

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

wow. Ive held off replying to these types of things for years now. He just tied montana in playoff touchdowns without a pick and super bowl MVP, give credit when credit is due, sir.
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rypien was NFL MVP in 91 and led the Redskins to the #1 seed and Super Bowl title that same season.
    Thurman Thomas was NFL MVP in 1991.

Flacco >>>>> Rypien.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Flacco earned himself a hefty pay raise.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    wow. Ive held off replying to these types of things for years now. He just tied montana in playoff touchdowns without a pick and super bowl MVP, give credit when credit is due, sir.
    Your team just won the Super Bowl. Why, on Earth, are you hanging around on a Steelers forum. I mean you can do what you want but man, I'd be celebrating or something else.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

c mon man

Rypien is a one year wonder....Flacco is very good since his rookie season....This is not a fluke for Flacco

Flacco has alway been underrated by the steelers fan....Very underrated

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Your team just won the Super Bowl. Why, on Earth, are you hanging around on a Steelers forum. I mean you can do what you want but man, I'd be celebrating or something else.

I like this forum, ive been here for a few years now. just enjoying this with my family .

Go celebrate on your own board. Flacco had a great playoff run period. He's not a great quarterback.

Go celebrate on your own board. Flacco had a great playoff run period. He's not a great quarterback.
    not great,but he is very good(top 7-8 QB)

Flacco is very similar to Eli Manning

Inconsistent...but very good in the playoffs, as this is the case for Flacco since 2010....Flacco deserves a lot of credit

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Flacco is very similar to Eli Manning

Inconsistent...but very good playoff, as this is the case for Flacco since 2010....Flacco deserves a lot of credit
    He wont get it from me though.

He's getting it from enough people already, he can live without it from me.

He wont get it from me though.

He's getting it from enough people already, he can live without it from me.

Sometimes, it is important to not be stubborn and say that you underestimate Flacco

I have a great respect for Flacco since its drive of 92 yards against the Steelers in 2011....Flacco is a different QB since this game

Have a great offseason guys. Spring Training starts soon. GO O's

Sometimes, it is important to not be stubborn and say that you underestimate Flacco

I have a great respect for Flacco since its drive of 92 yards against the Steelers in 2011....Flacco is a different QB since this game

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You had to say it 3 times?

Honestly I'm not even mad. I couldn't care less who won today, I can't stand either team. I just don't feel like sucking flacco's dick tonight. Thanks all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont give credit when its due and this is very true!!!!
    Didn't realize that was a requirment?

Look I'm not going to a Ravens board spamming it up. I'm just not into singing Flukeo praises. You want to, knock yourself out. But leave me out of your slobberfest.

You had to say it 3 times?

Honestly I'm not even mad. I couldn't care less who won today, I can't stand either team. I just don't feel like sucking flacco's dick tonight. Thanks all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realize that was a requirment?

Look I'm not going to a Ravens board spamming it up. I'm just not into singing Flukeo praises. You want to, knock yourself out. But leave me out of your slobberfest.

Sorry,my computer had a problem!

And I know that you are mad that Flacco is now a super bowl QB!!!!!

I was here posting during the Packers vs Steelers super bowl, im here after every loss, and win. Im not stirring the pot, its just so crazy how much you hate us.

Also, beast, its not your computer, the site shit itself a few minutes ago

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Please chill with the namecalling, folks.

I was here posting during the Packers vs Steelers super bowl, im here after every loss, and win. Im not stirring the pot, its just so crazy how much you hate us.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not going to embrace or celebrate a Ravens win or their players. If you looking for affirmation there's plenty of places to get it tonight. It just wont be from me.

No rules says I have to be gracious to the Ravens that i know of? Has Obama changed that and no one told me?

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Say what you want about Flacco, but he had a GREAT performance. Great post-season.

He's a good QB, and now he's a Super Bowl QB. Ravens had a great team and stayed consistent when it mattered the most. Congratulations on your Super Bowl win, Ravens. Congrats to Boh and any other Ravens fans attending the forum as well, and thanks for not rubbing it in too much.

Has Obama changed that and no one told me?

LOL.... i might need to check actually, never know. take care

LOL.... i might need to check actually, never know. take care
    Take care Boh. Nothing personal. I just get enough of it in my everday life living in Raven country. Don't really feel like singing your team's praises here tonight.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I like this forum, ive been here for a few years now. just enjoying this with my family .
    Yes, this is the greatest forum in the world. Enjoy but you won't get alot of love around here.

Agent: Joe Flacco deserves top deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...ccording-agent

The agent for Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said Tuesday he thinks his client should be the highest paid at the position in the NFL.

Agent Joe Linta, when asked in an interview with CNBC whether Flacco should be the highest-paid quarterback, simply responded, "Yes."

Flacco, 28, is younger than Peyton Manning ($18 million) and Drew Brees ($20 million), and, as of Sunday, has as many Super Bowl titles as each of them. Linta said those are the numbers that matter.

"When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player's body of work presently," Linta told CNBC. "And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

We'll see how good the team is in a couple years when that 22 million per year you're giving Flacco fully kicks in and starts draining away from the talent pool at other positions?

No doubt Flacco's really improved his game. but has he done so to the point that he can win without elite talent around him?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Agent: Joe Flacco deserves top deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...ccording-agent

The agent for Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said Tuesday he thinks his client should be the highest paid at the position in the NFL.

Agent Joe Linta, when asked in an interview with CNBC whether Flacco should be the highest-paid quarterback, simply responded, "Yes."

Flacco, 28, is younger than Peyton Manning ($18 million) and Drew Brees ($20 million), and, as of Sunday, has as many Super Bowl titles as each of them. Linta said those are the numbers that matter.

"When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player's body of work presently," Linta told CNBC. "And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

We'll see how good the team is in a couple years when that 22 million per year you're giving Flacco fully kicks in and starts draining away from the talent pool at other positions?

No doubt Flacco's really improved his game. but has he done so to the point that he can win without elite talent around him?
    If they avoid Woodley-type contract mistakes they'll be fine.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

This just keeps getting better and better!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Thurman Thomas was NFL MVP in 1991.

Flacco >>>>> Rypien.
    Rypien was Super Bowl MVP though, led the Skins to the 1 seed in the NFC and was first team all NFL that year. So 91 Rypien > than 2012 Flacco. Not even close in fact when the full body of work is considered.