Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Operations over Miami Florida ...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Military Operations over Miami Florida ...

I saw this on Facebook. Here is a comment from a person named "surviv guy" so take it with a grain of salt. What are your opinions on it though?

They are conditioning the people. Military road blocks/Check points have been springing up around the country for 4 or 5 years now. Look at how police are being equipped now days, the same as the Military but instead of ACU Camo it is black.... This type of Familiarization and Conditioning will increase in scope and intensity until it is a "normal thing" in our everyday lives. The Police State is being rolled out little by little until it is everywhere. They know a Financial Crash or Civil War is coming fast and this is also a form of intimidation. Get Ready, Time is running short...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9ioCbqJCU
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Re: Military Operations over Miami Florida ...

I guess Obama has already chosen Miami for the city in which he'll accept the nomination for his third term.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I saw this on Facebook. Here is a comment from a person named "surviv guy" so take it with a grain of salt. What are your opinions on it though?

They are conditioning the people. Military road blocks/Check points have been springing up around the country for 4 or 5 years now. Look at how police are being equipped now days, the same as the Military but instead of ACU Camo it is black.... This type of Familiarization and Conditioning will increase in scope and intensity until it is a "normal thing" in our everyday lives. The Police State is being rolled out little by little until it is everywhere. They know a Financial Crash or Civil War is coming fast and this is also a form of intimidation. Get Ready, Time is running short...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9ioCbqJCU

Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura have been telling us for a few years this is going to happen and most laugh and have said those guys are crack pots ....

maybe some of those people should start to reconsider ( or maybe they already have )

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Drilling this close to civilian populations has always been a no-no for the military. Thus, this is very unusual.
    Either the government knows something is coming that we don't know, or their planning to "upgrade" their constitutional powers and are getting ready for some kind of back-lash.
    Also, I don't think the overall majority of the population is in the mood for a civil war. Public opinion will cause those that initiate conflict to be the most hated people in America. But their may be enough crack-pot organizations that are talking about it to warrant these types of drills. That being said, those 'side-arms' that you can buy at gun shows, shops, internet, etc... are not gonna defeat the United States military (because that's who they'll be fighting), it will only piss them off.
    IF the government went "rogue", the best solution would be just to leave the country. If you consider the close combat experience the military has gained from Vietnam up through Afghanistan, it just would not be worth it. Just my opinion.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

We have a army reserve post here in our little town and they've done the same thing only in camo. Whatever the reason it pissed me off made me late for a meeting.

We also have the unit or units jogging through the city streets in full gear. I just assumed they were brushing up on skills before they were shipped out to Afghanistan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Drilling this close to civilian populations has always been a no-no for the military. Thus, this is very unusual.
    Either the government knows something is coming that we don't know, or their planning to "upgrade" their constitutional powers and are getting ready for some kind of back-lash.
    Also, I don't think the overall majority of the population is in the mood for a civil war. Public opinion will cause those that initiate conflict to be the most hated people in America. But their may be enough crack-pot organizations that are talking about it to warrant these types of drills. That being said, those 'side-arms' that you can buy at gun shows, shops, internet, etc... are not gonna defeat the United States military (because that's who they'll be fighting), it will only piss them off.
    IF the government went "rogue", the best solution would be just to leave the country. If you consider the close combat experience the military has gained from Vietnam up through Afghanistan, it just would not be worth it. Just my opinion.
    The number of civilian guns far out number the military and you need to remember there are lots of vets out there would fight back with the same training. Also how many people in the military would refuse to kill it's own countrymen.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

It really does look like an intimidation tactic. The military/police have gotten away with so much in recent years.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    We also have the unit or units jogging through the city streets in full gear. I just assumed they were brushing up on skills before they were shipped out to Afghanistan.
    maybe , maybe not .... normally they train on their own turf not in the public eye

but hey I am a board labeled crack pot conspiracy theorist so what do I know .....

I believe we should never take a military exercise in full public view with a grain of salt , there is always an underlying reason for such things , none of them being good for the civilian population

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

We have a army reserve post here in our little town and they've done the same thing only in camo. Whatever the reason it pissed me off made me late for a meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

The number of civilian guns far out number the military and you need to remember there are lots of vets out there would fight back with the same training. Also how many people in the military would refuse to kill it's own countrymen.
    this. There are hundreds of thousands that would refuse.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I know. But the civilian population is not as organized or has the professionalism as the military. Also, it will all come down to public opinion, who is considered the "bad guy". These are quote's from a military doctrine that's studied in just about every military cadet school in America, as well as on earth:

In war, numbers alone do not make an advantage...

Also,

There are 5 fundamental factors in the success in war:
    Weather, terrain, leadership, military doctrine, and most importantly-moral influence (the will of the people behind you).

Sun Tzu. The Art of War

Thus, who is considered the bad guy will determine who the civilian population fights for, or fights against. Those two ideas above are time tested, it's always been that way.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    this. There are hundreds of thousands that would refuse.
    From first hand information ( which of course you would know better than me) I know a lot of active duty military that aren't very thrilled with our Commander in Chief. This reaches up to the top echelons of command. There's absolutely no way I could see our military carrying out illegal orders from the execuctive office. Or even legal orders of a a dubious nature against our own citizens.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJarhead View Post
    I guess Obama has already chosen Miami for the city in which he'll accept the nomination for his third term.
    I've heard about this so many times now that at this point I'll be surprised if it DOESN'T happen.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Dwinsgames

slightly off topic but ...

http://www.dunhamssports.com/weekly-circular/

7.62 X 54R 440 RD. AMMO CAN

pretty nice deal if you can use

One more thing. A civil war in the US is part of Al Qaeda's strategy to destroy the US (true story).
    One, the stock market would almost immediately go down to 0. This would make it a priority for the rich to end the war "very quickly". So chances are, they would side with the government.
    Second, Al Qaeda, Iran, and possibly even China, Russia, etc... would send contingents over here to fight "with the civilians" and help arm the civilians, so that would make this war very unpopular.
    All the government "really" has to do is cut off the food supply... war over. Then prosecutions begin, especially for veterans and military active duty that didn't follow orders. Even as a veteran, you are "still" under oath as when you get sworn in, it is a commitment for life, so you would still be under military doctrine which could be a death sentence.
    Long story short, a civil war, in these days and time, would more than likely be a check-mate for the USA.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I've heard about this so many times now that at this point I'll be surprised if it DOESN'T happen.
    Yea, I said it tic, but there's a genuine fear there.

Dwinsgames

One more thing. A civil war in the US is part of Al Qaeda's strategy to destroy the US (true story).
    One, the stock market would almost immediately go down to 0. This would make it a priority for the rich to end the war "very quickly". So chances are, they would side with the government.
    Second, Al Qaeda, Iran, and possibly even China, Russia, etc... would send contingents over here to fight "with the civilians" and help arm the civilians, so that would make this war very unpopular.
    All the government "really" has to do is cut off the food supply... war over. Then prosecutions begin, especially for veterans and military active duty that didn't follow orders. Even as a veteran, you are "still" under oath as when you get sworn in, it is a commitment for life, so you would still be under military doctrine which could be a death sentence.
    Long story short, a civil war, in these days and time, would more than likely be a check-mate for the USA.

1) if Russia , China etc would step in to arm the revolt I would suspect they would also offer humanitarian aid food / medical supplies as well

2) No sure how they stop us from killing game to eat / looting stores / warehouses or whatever would need to be done

3) The Rich would be the least of my worries most of them would offer little to no resistance and be of no help to either side ( since most can not handle a firearm in any real capacity )

Not really. First, to the victors go the spoils, and I don't believe the people would lose such a war. I think there would be a mass exodus of a lot of left-leaners.

Anyway, the Gov't would not put everyone on trial; only the leaders. Not to mention, my oath was as follows:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
    With the mention of the President and the issue we're talking about now, there is obviously a conflict of interest. Given the beliefs of the majority of our military today, the Constitution would get the support and defense.

We are encouraged to overthrow a government that no longer works for us. The U.S. Constitutions main purpose is to limit the federal government.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Civil war? Never happen. There's too much apathy in this country for it to happen. Voting has never been easier and more convenient than it is now and a good 40% of eligible voters STILL can't be bothered. Give an overwhelming percentage of the people in this country their American Idol and their iPhones and they're "all good."

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

There was another drill in Houston today.

Army drill scares residents on Houston's south side

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The sight of Army helicopters and the sound of gunfire created a lot of concern Monday afternoon in one Houston neighborhood.

We received a lot of phones calls, Tweets and Facebook posts from worried neighbors, wondering what was going on.

SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appeared there was a massive SWAT scene happening.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.

"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.

And so, she passed along her concern.

"She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said.

The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8971311
    Even if these drills are perfectly innocent, the timing of them couldn't be any worse ... amid concerns over the Second Amendment and a tyrannical government. I guess they're counting on most people being like this:

The Army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.

"If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.
    Nothing to see here. Go back to sleep.

Actually, one of the top responses to that article should be everyone's response:

It is NOT OK to have military drills outside of military installations, it is getting harder every day to discount the conspiracy theory people...

Dwinsgames

get ready

You know, this thread is either very badly timed . . . or very well timed. For years, I've a de-bunker - looked for the reasons why it couldn't be "that." Tonight however, I was talking to my wife about all this stuff. And, well, let's just say . . . I'm think a few things through.

BTW - as for the military not siding with the government, http://adask.wordpress.com/2013/01/2...oot-americans/

Again, it seems too much, and over the top . . . but it's getting harder for me to ignore, and I'm one that tries to find the contrarian information to debunk rumors and myths.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I know. But the civilian population is not as organized or has the professionalism as the military. Also, it will all come down to public opinion, who is considered the "bad guy". These are quote's from a military doctrine that's studied in just about every military cadet school in America, as well as on earth:

In war, numbers alone do not make an advantage...

Also,

There are 5 fundamental factors in the success in war:
    Weather, terrain, leadership, military doctrine, and most importantly-moral influence (the will of the people behind you).

Sun Tzu. The Art of War

Thus, who is considered the bad guy will determine who the civilian population fights for, or fights against. Those two ideas above are time tested, it's always been that way.
    This. We have plenty of experience fighting counter- insurgency in places like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The problem is we were unsuccessful at it whenever the locals were against us. If our military was to try to subdue *us*, I don't suspect it'd turn out very well for them.
    Not sayin' they're not dumb enough to try it, but really I think this is just a military training exercise that somebody didn't think all the way through and now it's getting overblown.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

"WOLVERINES!"
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    You know, this thread is either very badly timed . . . or very well timed. For years, I've a de-bunker - looked for the reasons why it couldn't be "that." Tonight however, I was talking to my wife about all this stuff. And, well, let's just say . . . I'm think a few things through.

BTW - as for the military not siding with the government, http://adask.wordpress.com/2013/01/2...oot-americans/

Again, it seems too much, and over the top . . . but it's getting harder for me to ignore, and I'm one that tries to find the contrarian information to debunk rumors and myths.
    Several months ago, I kept seeing reports about various government agencies buying large amounts of ammunition. It was odd, and only "conspiracy theorists" could draw any conclusions from it. Now we have the gun grab and these military training exercises. Yeah, there's a lot going on. I won't go so far as to say that something bad is definitely going down, but there's too many things happening to just ignore and not question.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    This. We have plenty of experience fighting counter- insurgency in places like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The problem is we were unsuccessful at it whenever the locals were against us. If our military was to try to subdue *us*, I don't suspect it'd turn out very well for them.
    Not sayin' they're not dumb enough to try it, but really I think this is just a military training exercise that somebody didn't think all the way through and now it's getting overblown.
    Obviously, I hope you're right. But one thing bugs me ... why all the secrecy? Whenever there have been any kind of drills held in my area, whoever was having the drills made them very public in advance so people wouldn't freak out and think that the drill was real. In the exercise in Houston, they didn't give any advance notice, and the Army refused to say what the training was for. Why?? This feels like a psy ops maneuver more than anything.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    One exercise in Miami, the other in Houston. You think there were two somebodies not thinking it through?

As for military and "experience", if you take the average Marine infantryman, when it comes to hand-to-hand they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Unless specially trained, the people in the military are simple citizens wearing a uniform.

In all honesty, I don't see the "higher ups" in the military following any order by the government to start killing citizens in a "take over". Hitler was able to get "a party" behind him that had resources / control, there is no such animal here in the US. Unless this administration had FULL SUPPORT of the military commanders then I don't see it escalating into a "POTUS" "taking control".
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    One exercise in Miami, the other in Houston. You think there were two somebodies not thinking it through?

As for military and "experience", if you take the average Marine infantryman, when it comes to hand-to-hand they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Unless specially trained, the people in the military are simple citizens wearing a uniform.

In all honesty, I don't see the "higher ups" in the military following any order by the government to start killing citizens in a "take over". Hitler was able to get "a party" behind him that had resources / control, there is no such animal here in the US. Unless this administration had FULL SUPPORT of the military commanders then I don't see it escalating into a "POTUS" "taking control".
    I couldn't disagree more. Where did you get that idea from?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I agree with your disagreement. I spar regularly with service men, mostly Marine's, and I always have my hands full when grappling with grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I agree with your disagreement. I spar regularly with service men, mostly Marine's, and I always have my hands full when grappling with grunts.
    Grunts are constantly training hand-to-hand and are usually HIGHLY motivated. One of the things that makes Marines different is their mentality of never giving up. This poster was in almost every building in Camp LeJeune when I was in:

Marines pride themselves on their ability to fight. Hence why they are feared the world over by our enemies.

Grunts are constantly training hand-to-hand and are usually HIGHLY motivated. One of the things that makes Marines different is their mentality of never giving up. This poster was in almost every building in Camp LeJeune when I was in:

Marines pride themselves on their ability to fight. Hence why they are feared the world over by our enemies.
    That's why Marines are my favorite people to be around.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

That's why Marines are my favorite people to be around.

Well, I was going to respond, but you guys seem to have covered it. Even in the AF, where we are not known to be the "tough guys" (besides myself of course, I'm a badass), we are still required to be physically fit and exercise on a daily basis. Compared to the average citizen, we are in way better shape. As far as hand to hand combat, I know me and my crew of military friends will go up against anyone (and we have...successfully).

Now with that being said, As I stated before, most of us in the military would not follow orders to attack American citizens. There would be massive waves of AWOL cases, and most of us would join forces to fight against a tyrannical government and do what we swore to do.....defend the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Well, I was going to respond, but you guys seem to have covered it. Even in the AF, where we are not known to be the "tough guys" (besides myself of course, I'm a badass), we are still required to be physically fit and exercise on a daily basis. Compared to the average citizen, we are in way better shape. As far as hand to hand combat, I know me and my crew of military friends will go up against anyone (and we have...successfully).

Now with that being said, As I stated before, most of us in the military would not follow orders to attack American citizens. There would be massive waves of AWOL cases, and most of us would join forces to fight against a tyrannical government and do what we swore to do.....defend the Constitution.
    That's the vibe I get around here as well. With our police officers too. Still, its always refreshing to hear it from other military personnel that they intend to defend the Constitution.