Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military Operations over Miami Florida ...

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Re: Military Operations over Miami Florida ...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Civil war? Never happen. There's too much apathy in this country for it to happen. Voting has never been easier and more convenient than it is now and a good 40% of eligible voters STILL can't be bothered. Give an overwhelming percentage of the people in this country their American Idol and their iPhones and they're "all good."
    This is really where the country is at. Just the mere thought of a war on US soil would be met with massive resistance. Of course, except for perhaps 1% of the population... and 90% of those will throw their hands up after they "see" the fire power of the US military (and I'm talking about aircraft, etc... and heaven forbid, biological or chemical weapons are used {they would NEVER tell us if they did use them, but I'm confident they would}). Americans are "fat, lazy, and stupid" (some Chinese guy quote). A war on American soil would be a fat, lazy, and stupid mess. Even if a war did jump off, the countries attention span is so short, after three days everyone would burn out on it.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    This is really where the country is at. Just the mere thought of a war on US soil would be met with massive resistance. Of course, except for perhaps 1% of the population... and 90% of those will throw their hands up after they "see" the fire power of the US military (and I'm talking about aircraft, etc... and heaven forbid, biological or chemical weapons are used {they would NEVER tell us if they did use them, but I'm confident they would}). Americans are "fat, lazy, and stupid" (some Chinese guy quote). A war on American soil would be a fat, lazy, and stupid mess. Even if a war did jump off, the countries attention span is so short, after three days everyone would burn out on it.

I guess if were quoting people.

Though it would not be another county invading the same still holds true.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    One exercise in Miami, the other in Houston. You think there were two somebodies not thinking it through?

As for military and "experience", if you take the average Marine infantryman, when it comes to hand-to-hand they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Unless specially trained, the people in the military are simple citizens wearing a uniform.

In all honesty, I don't see the "higher ups" in the military following any order by the government to start killing citizens in a "take over". Hitler was able to get "a party" behind him that had resources / control, there is no such animal here in the US. Unless this administration had FULL SUPPORT of the military commanders then I don't see it escalating into a "POTUS" "taking control".
    I wanna distance myself from that "can't fight" statement. Love ya and all... but you're on your own with that one.

Back to your original question (why 2 separate incidents), I think the answer lies in a bizarre outbreak of windshield pitting in the Seattle Metro area back in the mid '50s. There was a steady increase in the number of reports and all sorts of speculation as to what was causing it. Micrometeorites, sand fleas, nuclear testing, etc, etc.
    The real cause was that *it had been there all along* and the more attention it received, the more people looked at their windshields and noticed pitting they hadn't noticed before.

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm...m&File_Id=5136

There's been a steady stream of shady incidents going on for years. This just seems odd to you because all the previous nonsense hadn't been brought to your attention. I, OTOH, get notification of it on my FB news feed from the Alex Jones crowd, so I'm used to it.

Now... I'm not saying to not be vigilant. If there's anyone on this forum who consistently tells you to never trust the Federal government, it's me. But I don't think the Federales will be dropping out of the sky next Thursday. I generally attribute these things to stupidity instead of some kind of evil design.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

IF, there were to be a military "attack", it would not be overtly announced as such.

And how many key military leaders would need to be involved? It is amazing a how big a snow ball can get, once it gets rolling downhill.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

The main thing is just relax. Avoid being this guy at all costs. The single MOST important thing, in my opinion, is to just pray about it; because if God is with you, who can be against you.

Dwinsgames

The main thing is just relax. Avoid being this guy at all costs. The single MOST important thing, in my opinion, is to just pray about it; because if God is with you, who can be against you.

this .......

that is not saying do not prepare , just do not be paranoid in the process

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by NJarhead View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Where did you get that idea from?
    Go to any base, pick out 100 marines at random and see how well they fight. When I was in ('87 - '91) and was deployed, very few "knew how to fight".

Like I said, unless they are specially trained, they are just your average joe in a uniform.

- - - Updated - - -

Grunts are constantly training hand-to-hand and are usually HIGHLY motivated. One of the things that makes Marines different is their mentality of never giving up. This poster was in almost every building in Camp LeJeune when I was in:

Marines pride themselves on their ability to fight. Hence why they are feared the world over by our enemies.
    lol, this is funny. Marines live and die on the reputation of the USMC.

I was in the infantry and I can tell you with first hand knowledge that the average marine is "not a good fighter". I don't see much changing in the past 20 some odd years. Sure, there were / are wars going on, but again I stand by my statement.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Go to any base, pick out 100 marines at random and see how well they fight. When I was in ('87 - '91) and was deployed, very few "knew how to fight".

Like I said, unless they are specially trained, they are just your average joe in a uniform.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, this is funny. Marines live and die on the reputation of the USMC.

I was in the infantry and I can tell you with first hand knowledge that the average marine is "not a good fighter". I don't see much changing in the past 20 some odd years. Sure, there were / are wars going on, but again I stand by my statement.
    If you're saying they don't have a good handle on boxing, I may be inclined to agree. And as I was in the same time as you, this may have actually changed. But anyone (boxer or other)who enters a fight with a Marine can expect to know they've been in a fight.

Rule #1, there is no such thing as a fair fight. If you are bigger than me, then I will use what ever means necessary to even the odds or rasie them to my favor. I will gouge your eyes, tear off noses and ears and attempt to snap bone.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? This isn't an creed, but the spirit of my point is there.

Dwinsgames

anytime you try and LUMP an entire group of people into the framework of one statement you are going to have a large portion of exceptions making said statement wrong ....

People look at Gays as weak , feeble people as a whole but some ( such as Westbrook ) would kick the shit out of just about ( if not everyone ) here in a fist fight , I am sure he is not the only one of his kind ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    anytime you try and LUMP an entire group of people into the framework of one statement you are going to have a large portion of exceptions making said statement wrong ....

People look at Gays as weak , feeble people as a whole but some ( such as Westbrook ) would kick the shit out of just about ( if not everyone ) here in a fist fight , I am sure he is not the only one of his kind ....
    Funny anecdote on that point.

A guy I knew that lived in Chicago told me this story once. He and some buddies were in a fast-food restaurant late one night. A drag queen walked in, all bones and skin. They heckled him/her mercilessly. The DQ turned around and walked back out of the restaurant. Only, he/she stopped at the door instead . . . and locked it. Turns out, the guy was also a black belt in martial arts. All five or six buddies of the guy I knew (and the guy I knew as well) were lying on the ground in semi-states of consciousness by the time the DQ was finished.

Yeah, there are ALWAYS exceptions, and never judge a person by what you see, cause you just never know.

It's very simple. The one who has been training the LONGEST, has the most RECENT training, and has the longest WIND (not gas, "wind") will usually be the better fighter out of the two.
    You can get fighting training from the military, the local gym trainer (martial arts, boxing, wrestling, etc...), or even just fighting over and over again from growing up on the streets.
    I recommend every man, woman and child take some kind of "self-defense" training, and practice on a regular basis; this is the most violent society in the industrialized world, chances are your gonna need it.
    Also, it's a good excuse to get in shape as any martial arts training is not boring.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm more of a "praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" kinda guy, but yeah. The real threat isn't an overt attack, but rather the slow and steady erosion we've been subjected to our whole lives.
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 01-30-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Double- tap
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm more of a "praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" kinda guy, but yeah. The real threat isn't an overt attack, but rather the slow and steady erosion we've been subjected to our whole lives.
    Absolutely agree. An overt attack is too easy to identify. The proven process is to pit one group against another, beging the "removal process" and repeat until the "squeeze" is achieved.

Dwinsgames

exactly why every steadfast non conformer needs plenty of ammo and more than his / her gun of choice .... everyone should be armed and have another for a " friend"

Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Funny anecdote on that point.

A guy I knew that lived in Chicago told me this story once. He and some buddies were in a fast-food restaurant late one night. A drag queen walked in, all bones and skin. They heckled him/her mercilessly. The DQ turned around and walked back out of the restaurant. Only, he/she stopped at the door instead . . . and locked it. Turns out, the guy was also a black belt in martial arts. All five or six buddies of the guy I knew (and the guy I knew as well) were lying on the ground in semi-states of consciousness by the time the DQ was finished.

Yeah, there are ALWAYS exceptions, and never judge a person by what you see, cause you just never know.
    A woman could do the same thing if properly trained. To think that "masculinity" determines skill in a fight is just plain ignorant.

My point is this. Just b/c someone is in the Marine Corps does NOT automatically mean they are going to give you a run for your money. There were countless number of people in boot camp that "wanted to leave" but forced to stay. When they graduate, the reap the benefits of the Marines' reputation, deserving or not.

When I was in the Color Guard at 8th&I we did "joint jobs", meaning all the services were represented there to present the colors. I remember how the rest of the branches looked up to the marines on the job and how they respected us.

The funny thing is this. You know the difference between a marine and an airman? The uniform and mentality. Being a marine is sort of like being a Steeler fan: you just assume you're the baddest around and you present yourself like that. Because of the reputation of the USMC and having that attitude, people generally steered clear of you UNLESS they themselves were comfortable with their ability to fight and they had their own confidence.

I can't speak for today's Marine Corps, but when I went through boot camp hand-to-hand training was almost an after thought. I remember 1 or 2 sessions, along with pugile(sp) stick fighting.

Even being in the fleet you don't get extensive hand-to-hand training unless your MOS would require it.

The problem with the Marine Corps vs units like the SEALs is that the SEALs are a specialized unit "inside the Navy" whereas the Marines are, themselves, specialized.

When I was deployed during Desert Storm I remember walking through the ship on way to the showers and seeing SEALs training with knives. SEALs DO get extensive hand-to-hand training. Being a Marine I never was "formerly" trained with bladed weapons.
    ― Clint Eastwood

A woman could do the same thing if properly trained. To think that "masculinity" determines skill in a fight is just plain ignorant.

My point is this. Just b/c someone is in the Marine Corps does NOT automatically mean they are going to give you a run for your money. There were countless number of people in boot camp that "wanted to leave" but forced to stay. When they graduate, the reap the benefits of the Marines' reputation, deserving or not.

When I was in the Color Guard at 8th&I we did "joint jobs", meaning all the services were represented there to present the colors. I remember how the rest of the branches looked up to the marines on the job and how they respected us.

The funny thing is this. You know the difference between a marine and an airman? The uniform and mentality. Being a marine is sort of like being a Steeler fan: you just assume you're the baddest around and you present yourself like that. Because of the reputation of the USMC and having that attitude, people generally steered clear of you UNLESS they themselves were comfortable with their ability to fight and they had their own confidence.

I can't speak for today's Marine Corps, but when I went through boot camp hand-to-hand training was almost an after thought. I remember 1 or 2 sessions, along with pugile(sp) stick fighting.

Even being in the fleet you don't get extensive hand-to-hand training unless your MOS would require it.

The problem with the Marine Corps vs units like the SEALs is that the SEALs are a specialized unit "inside the Navy" whereas the Marines are, themselves, specialized.

When I was deployed during Desert Storm I remember walking through the ship on way to the showers and seeing SEALs training with knives. SEALs DO get extensive hand-to-hand training. Being a Marine I never was "formerly" trained with bladed weapons.
    Line training was way more prevailant when I went through 3 years after you.

What was your mos (03??)? I was a 3531 Motor T.

It seems that you spent some time with the other services, as have I (82nd, 10th mountain, CB's, and on and on). I remember thinking, in each case, the little things that were drilled into our heads that made us different and seeing that difference when we were among the other service guys. Please don't take that to mean that I didn't respect them (especially the 82nd as I have tremendous respect for their history).

Anyway, out of about 80 recruits, I could probably count on one hand the ones who went the entire 13 weeks and never feeling the want to leave. We still graduated with about half of those guys.

You seem to have a shitty outlook on the Marine Corps, and I'm sorry about that, but I firmly believe your opinion would represent the minority among fellow Marines, Devildog.

Also, I used my line training against an off-duty police officer in Shreveport, LA one night. He was trying to subdue me while I was trying to break up a fight and get my buddy out of there (he was a bouncer). He finally gave up on me and asked if I would be leaving. I countered everything he tried to do to me. The shit works.

Battleball Champion!

Line training was way more prevailant when I went through 3 years after you.

What was your mos (03??)? I was a 3531 Motor T.

It seems that you spent some time with the other services, as have I (82nd, 10th mountain, CB's, and on and on). I remember thinking, in each case, the little things that were drilled into our heads that made us different and seeing that difference when we were among the other service guys. Please don't take that to mean that I didn't respect them (especially the 82nd as I have tremendous respect for their history).

Anyway, out of about 80 recruits, I could probably count on one hand the ones who went the entire 13 weeks and never feeling the want to leave. We still graduated with about half of those guys.

You seem to have a shitty outlook on the Marine Corps, and I'm sorry about that, but I firmly believe your opinion would represent the minority among fellow Marines, Devildog.

Also, I used my line training against an off-duty police officer in Shreveport, LA one night. He was trying to subdue me while I was trying to break up a fight and get my buddy out of there (he was a bouncer). He finally gave up on me and asked if I would be leaving. I countered everything he tried to do to me. The shit works.
    0341, mortar man.

I don't have a bad outlook on being in the service. On the contrary, I enjoyed it. I am just stating the reality of the situation in that "just b/c a person was in the Marines does *not* mean they know how to fight". That is all, nothing more and nothing less.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality of "wanting to leave boot camp". I wanted it to be over, sure, but in no way did I want to quit it. Why would you even go in the first place. But that is why they force you to stay, many people don't know their potential so you give them the option of quitting.

That's why I like the way the SEALs do it. You want to leave? Ring the bell. Only downer to that (so I've heard) is that if you bail / can't hack it in the SEALs you get to go to the "Navy fleet".
    ― Clint Eastwood

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

If there is ever a war between the American people and the government, it will be over information. Control the information and you control the people.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    If there is ever a war between the American people and the government, it will be over information. Control the information and you control the people.
    And the govt. is doing a great job of controlling information! Absolutely disgusting how uninformed the average American is on politics and hot issues, but damned if they cannot tell you the batchelor dissed this week, how long Kim K's recent marriage lasted, etc. SCARY!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

True. I know of a couple of things that I -KNOW- occurred with the government, but if you look anywhere on the internet (that I've found) it tells a totally different story. But if they like it, I love it.

0341, mortar man.

I don't have a bad outlook on being in the service. On the contrary, I enjoyed it. I am just stating the reality of the situation in that "just b/c a person was in the Marines does *not* mean they know how to fight". That is all, nothing more and nothing less.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality of "wanting to leave boot camp". I wanted it to be over, sure, but in no way did I want to quit it. Why would you even go in the first place. But that is why they force you to stay, many people don't know their potential so you give them the option of quitting.

That's why I like the way the SEALs do it. You want to leave? Ring the bell. Only downer to that (so I've heard) is that if you bail / can't hack it in the SEALs you get to go to the "Navy fleet".
    We have an 0341 here at work. haha.

I would love it if we had a bell in boot camp. But I have to be honest. I was all charged up to go to P.I. and then when the reality of what it was hit me, I started thinking abotu all the other things I could have done. It's a brief feeling, but you're the first Marine I've ever talked to who's claimed to not experience that.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but just to be clear, I'm not claiming every Marine is the Hollywood version of a bad ass. But I am surprised to hear you throw grunts in that conversation. Again, I know they're not all prize fighters, but .....

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps. I've always thought it would come when there was an attack on our Bill of Rights.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Perhaps. I've always thought it would come when there was an attack on our Bill of Rights.
    They're too smart to try to alter the Bill of Rights. They'll just ignore it and hope people don't pay attention.

The government has apparently done these types drill before, for a reason. There was an armed-revolt by former service men right after WWII in 1946. It was in Athens, TN. Looks like they made a movie about it as well. This might give you an idea:

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

2009 Nobel Peace Prize nominee Jim Garrow shockingly claims he was told by a top military veteran that the Obama administration’s “litmus test” for new military leaders is whether or not they will obey an order to fire on U.S. citizens.

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not”. Those who will not are being removed,” Garrow wrote on his Facebook page, later following up the post by adding the man who told him is, “one of America’s foremost military heroes,” whose goal in divulging the information was to “sound the alarm.”

Garrow’s claim is even more explosive given that the country is in the throes of a national debate about gun control, with gun rights advocates keen to insist that the founders put the second amendment in the Constitution primarily as a defense against government tyranny.

It also follows reports on Sunday that General James Mattis, head of the United States Central Command, “is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned.”

Concerns over US troops being given orders to fire on American citizens in the event of mass gun confiscation first arose in 1995 when hundreds of Marines at 29 Palms, California were given a survey as part of an academic project by Navy Lieutenant Commander Ernest Guy Cunningham which asked the Marines if they would, “Fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the United States government

Read more at http://reagancoalition.com/articles/...5yeMPvXjY2f.99

I'm not sure I'm buying this, but thought I should share it with you people nonetheless. Make of it what you will.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

We have an 0341 here at work. haha.

I would love it if we had a bell in boot camp. But I have to be honest. I was all charged up to go to P.I. and then when the reality of what it was hit me, I started thinking abotu all the other things I could have done. It's a brief feeling, but you're the first Marine I've ever talked to who's claimed to not experience that.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but just to be clear, I'm not claiming every Marine is the Hollywood version of a bad ass. But I am surprised to hear you throw grunts in that conversation. Again, I know they're not all prize fighters, but .....
    The Marine/fighter debate kinda reminds me of ex-heavyweight champ Riddick Bowe's very short stint in the Marines...

"Lose some of the Gomer Pyle in this thing."