Thread: Obama Starts Immigration Push

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Obama Starts Immigration Push

I think Texas will go "blue" when the illegal immigrants there become citizens. And several other normally battleground states will go solid blue... just my assumption.

----------------------------

Obama has vowed to make immigration a 'top legislative priority.'

(Photo: LM Otero, AP)
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Obama meets with Hispanic members of Congress to chart course for immigration negotiations
    The president travels to Las Vegas on Tuesday to deliver a speech on immigration
    Republicans pushing for piecemeal approach, tackling immigration in separate bills
    The push to overhaul the nation's immigration laws is officially underway.

President Obama met with Hispanic members of Congress at the White House on Friday...

LINK: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ation/1865129/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Obama Starts Immigration Push

Push for amnesty you mean

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

A bipartisan group of senators plan on introducing a bill on Tuesday focused on increasing the number of visas for high-skilled immigrants with degrees in the STEM fields — science, technology, engineering and mathematics — according to The Hill.
    As someone who works in IT, wanna clue me in on exactly HOW THE FUCK increasing H-1B Visas is going to help the middle class in this country, which this administration beats its chest nonstop about?

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

If they make it to where all the illegal immigrants become citizens, they'll want full benefits and higher pay on their respective jobs (full rights, etc...). Thus, getting laid off and their employers will seek replacement "illegals" to fill their rosters. This will in turn cause a demand for other illegals, and more, and more, and so on, leading to a vicious cycle. The US will become "North-Side of South America". I would love to take a time-machine 300 yrs into the future just to see what happened...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    If they make it to where all the illegal immigrants become citizens, they'll want full benefits and higher pay on their respective jobs (full rights, etc...). Thus, getting laid off and their employers will seek replacement "illegals" to fill their rosters. This will in turn cause a demand for other illegals, and more, and more, and so on, leading to a vicious cycle.
    Why should they do that when they can just import cheap H-1Bs (most of whom couldn't give a rat's ass less about obtaining US citizenship) legally?

The biggest problem with the H-1B programme is that it is being used outside the scope it was intended. Instead of providing foreign workers who complement the American workforce, employers are bringing in workers who substitute for Americans. Employers can do this because of loopholes in the programme that allow foreign workers to be paid below-market wages.

H-1B visa programme hurts America

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Why should they do that when they can just import cheap H-1Bs legally?

H-1B visa programme hurts America
    I'm just curious what the average German and Japanese worker makes ? Since they consistantly crank out the "best products". I never hear them crying about these types of issues that American workers do ?

I'm just curious what the average German and Japanese worker makes ? Since they consistantly crank out the "best products". I never hear them crying about these types of issues that American workers do ?
    Therein lies the rub. Exactly what products does America make anymore?

In 1965, manufacturing accounted for 53 percent of the (US) economy. By 1988 it only accounted for 39 percent, and in 2004, it accounted for just 9 percent.
    The Death of American Manufacturing

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Things will just continue to get worse...wait till Hillary takes over in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Therein lies the rub. What does America make anymore, really?
    Crap stuff. At least that's what too many people outside our boarders think. I'm currently going to school full time for BOTH Electronic Engineering and Investment Banking and am constantly in contact with folks in both industries. And can tell you from 1st hand knowledge that America is NOT about quality products, it's being "used" to make a quick buck. This countries manufacturing base is the worlds "whore".

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

You can also blame the American consumer for the decline of American manufacturing. People want decent (not necessarily good), but CHEAP products. If more of the things we buy most often - electronics, computers, clothing - were made here, Americans would pay a lot more than they do now because of the higher costs of manufacturing. Companies will have to offset the labor costs, higher taxes and regulations somehow, and that would be passed along to the consumer. Until Americans change their attitude toward preferring cheap foreign-made products rather than American-made products, expect more of the same.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Things will just continue to get worse...wait till Hillary takes over in 2016
    I think Hillary is burned out and has no desire what so ever to run for office in 2016. I'm sure she would do very well if she ran but she is beat. You can tell my looking at her.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    You can also blame the American consumer for the decline of American manufacturing. People want decent (not necessarily good), but CHEAP products. If more of the things we buy most often - electronics, computers, clothing - were made here, Americans would pay a lot more than they do now because of the higher costs of manufacturing. Companies will have to offset the labor costs, higher taxes and regulations somehow, and that would be passed along to the consumer. Until Americans change their attitude toward preferring cheap foreign-made products rather than American-made products, expect more of the same.
    Between taxes, regulation, and labor unions there is no way American manufacturing stands a chance to compete at a competitive price and that's before obamacare taxes take hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

I think Texas will go "blue" when the illegal immigrants there become citizens. And several other normally battleground states will go solid blue... just my assumption.
    Anyone remember when Obama told the Russian Prez to "wait for after the election when I will have more room to maneuver and won't have to worry about being reelected (something along those lines)"? Well, we are starting to see exactly what he meant first hand. He is going to push his radical agenda's because he has nothing to lose now that he doesn't have a reelection to worry about, and the USA is going to be worse off because of it if he's successful.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I just read the article and it looks like they are kicking the tires on immigration reform ( repubs and dems ). I dont really see anyone forcing a radical agenda, unless someone is reading something different than me?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

It's real simple. The more illegal aliens you naturalize, you figure some will bother to become American citizens, and also give birth to future American citizens, thus creating an insurmountable voting block, that will insure a Demrocrat dynasty for generations to come. And more to the point the complete eradication of the two party system in this country by the middle of this decade. That to me is the end game in all of this.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It's real simple. The more illegal aliens you naturalize, you figure some will bother to become American citizens, and also give birth to future American citizens, thus creating an insurmountable voting block, that will insure a Demrocrat dynasty for generations to come. And more to the point the complete eradication of the two party system in this country by the middle of this decade. That to me is the end game in all of this.
    From everything ive read about this, there is a bipartisan group that is coming up with a set of principles for immigration, they will address boarder security, undocumented workers, employment verification, and guest worker program. Nothing i have read on this suggests amnesty or naturalizing of illegals, now that could happen but i doubt a bipartisan group is going to go that route. We need immigration reform, and it appears they are tackling the issue the correct way, input on issues from both sides and establishing a clear set of principles for our immigration policy.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

True, but the Republican party is doing just fine on it's own in ensuring a Democrat dynasty, without any help from the opposition.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I dont' necessarily agree with that. If the immigrants are working, they won't go left b/c they will want to keep their money. Now the question is whether or not more of them will be working or sucking off the American tax payer.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    From everything ive read about this, there is a bipartisan group that is coming up with a set of principles for immigration, they will address boarder security, undocumented workers, employment verification, and guest worker program. Nothing i have read on this suggests amnesty or naturalizing of illegals, now that could happen but i doubt a bipartisan group is going to go that route. We need immigration reform, and it appears they are tackling the issue the correct way, input on issues from both sides and establishing a clear set of principles for our immigration policy.
    I understand what you are saying, but the fact of the matter that two of the Senators are McCain and Graham are two of the bipartisan Senators doesn't sit well with me. Both of them could easily have D's next to their name and you wouldn't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I dont' necessarily agree with that. If the immigrants are working, they won't go left b/c they will want to keep their money. Now the question is whether or not more of them will be working or sucking off the American tax payer.
    So, what you are saying is that everyone that works hard for their money will go right? How did the republicans lose the last election for prez? Just curious, because I know alot of hard working individuals, see Obama/Biden signs on million $ houses on out on the coastal islands, see Obama/Biden stickers on numerous BMW/Caddy/Benzo's, and 99% of them more than likely (the ones I don't know anyways) work for their money. Why didn't they go right in the elections then? Not trying to be disrespectful, but I really cannot grasp your last statement/concept.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

My parents were immigrants from Italy. My dad came over in 1948 and my mother followed in 1954. Despite not being treated well and having to take hard jobs and despite being shunned because he was Italian, my dad never would consider voting anything but Liberal because "they" allowed him into Canada.

It was not until he was about 75 years old, and seeing that I was a conservative, did he begin to question who he should vote for. It is very hard to change allegiances, especially when you attribute your "freedom" to them.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but the fact of the matter that two of the Senators are McCain and Graham are two of the bipartisan Senators doesn't sit well with me. Both of them could easily have D's next to their name and you wouldn't know the difference.
    Lindsey Grahamnesty and John McCain, two known supporters of amnesty, not good