Thread: John Boehner: Obama On A Mission To 'Annihilate The Republican Party'

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

John Boehner: Obama On A Mission To 'Annihilate The Republican Party'

Well, duh ! Also, was not these guys and their families just having dinner with each other 3 days ago ?

---------------

Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) warned fellow Republicans this week, saying President Barack Obama's inaugural address had convinced him that the president was undertaking an effort to "annihilate" the GOP.

LINK: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2536693.html

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: John Boehner: Obama On A Mission To 'Annihilate The Republican Party'

If that were true, the first thing the Republicans should do is get rid of Boehner and replace him with somebody who's willing to fight.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Boehner has already annihilated the Republican party. If there isn't a strong 3rd party next election....I won't vote.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Of course John Boehner will allow him to do that.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Doesn't Matter.

Toast.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

republican party is annihilating itself, and will continue to do so unless they can get away from the tea partiers and the bible thumpers who have high jacked their party.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    republican party is annihilating itself, and will continue to do so unless they can get away from the tea partiers and the bible thumpers who have high jacked their party.
    The problem is the original TEA party movement had a good, simple, solid message. Less taxes, less government, more capitalism. When the TEA Party started dabbling into social issues along with other issues, that started to give it a bad image.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is the original TEA party movement had a good, simple, solid message. Less taxes, less government, more capitalism. When the TEA Party started dabbling into social issues along with other issues, that started to give it a bad image.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but unfortunately for them and the republican party social issues are very important to people.

Dwinsgames

government has no business being involved in " social issues" ..... government should start and end with the management of tax dollars and improvements to the states infrastructure and the Military via the tax dollars collected .... all these " programs " need to end for everyone able bodied unless they in turn work for the community providing services such as cleaning roadway of debris , cleaning offices in Government buildings or hospitals that are in financial turmoil ... in other words if you are physically capable to give back you should be expected to give back or relinquish your ability to collect " program money / benefits "

we have as a people become to government dependent and a lazy people because of it ... to many are looking for the easy way through life and not nearly enough are motivated to self improve and adapt to the times when it comes to earning their keep ....

the entire system makes me ill to think about how much money we give away in cash and services and get zero in return for .... a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and we have a shit ton of weak links

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I agree but unfortunately for them and the republican party social issues are very important to people.
    Interesting, then, that you would claim that the Tea partiers *and* the bible thumpers were hijacking the Republican Party. I wonder if you know what the TEA Party is actually about. Most people who make that claim don't.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Interesting, then, that you would claim that the Tea partiers *and* the bible thumpers were hijacking the Republican Party. I wonder if you know what the TEA Party is actually about. Most people who make that claim don't.
    I know exactly what it was supposed to be about, the problem was the the far right whackos got involved with it and took a movement that was supposed to be about the constitution, debt reduction , and fiscal responsibilty and turned it into an extension of the religous right. It was also supposed to be anti establishment anti spending blah blah blah but then turned around and endorsed romney.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

The GOP sucks. Good riddance. Hopefully a true conservative party will rise from the ashes.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    The GOP sucks. Good riddance. Hopefully a true conservative party will rise from the ashes.
    Not that I disagree with you, but the Dems suck too. We need an entire political makeover.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, but the Dems suck too. We need an entire political makeover.
    Yeah, Dems are next. The death of the Dems will be a good conservative party, because most people are conservative.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I just hope Obaaaaaaaaaaaama can do it very, very quickly so we can get a better opposition for 2014 and 2016.

I know exactly what it was supposed to be about, the problem was the the far right whackos got involved with it and took a movement that was supposed to be about the constitution, debt reduction , and fiscal responsibilty and turned it into an extension of the religous right. It was also supposed to be anti establishment anti spending blah blah blah but then turned around and endorsed romney.
    All correct, and yet incorrect. "It" never endorsed *anybody* because the TEA Party doesn't endorse candidates.
    The TEA Party is still about the Constitution, debt reduction, and fiscal responsibility, and that's it. The problem is that they didn't establish a leadership and thus allowed the media and Republican party to define them as something they're not.

When you talk of the Republican party getting "hijacked" by the TEA Party, it's completely nonsensical. It actually went the other way around. The TEA Party doesn't represent some fringe element trying to hijack the Republican Party. It represents the frustrations of mainstream conservatives who were left out in the cold by the religious fundamentalists and Neo- Cons who hijacked the Republican Party.
    In the last 2 election cycles, the TEA Party candidates are the only source of success the Republicans have had. They're the only ones to stand up and demand fiscal sanity. They're the only ones who stood up to Dubya *and* Obama on human rights issues. They're also the only ones to win races when the establishment candidates were losing.

The TEA Party folks aren't the source of the Republican Party's downfall, they're the source of it's redemption.

All correct, and yet incorrect. "It" never endorsed *anybody* because the TEA Party doesn't endorse candidates.
    The TEA Party is still about the Constitution, debt reduction, and fiscal responsibility, and that's it. The problem is that they didn't establish a leadership and thus allowed the media and Republican party to define them as something they're not.

When you talk of the Republican party getting "hijacked" by the TEA Party, it's completely nonsensical. It actually went the other way around. The TEA Party doesn't represent some fringe element trying to hijack the Republican Party. It represents the frustrations of mainstream conservatives who were left out in the cold by the religious fundamentalists and Neo- Cons who hijacked the Republican Party.
    In the last 2 election cycles, the TEA Party candidates are the only source of success the Republicans have had. They're the only ones to stand up and demand fiscal sanity. They're the only ones who stood up to Dubya *and* Obama on human rights issues. They're also the only ones to win races when the establishment candidates were losing.

The TEA Party folks aren't the source of the Republican Party's downfall, they're the source of it's redemption.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1920212.html
    http://www.teapartyforromney.com/
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...texas-senate/1
    this one is my favorite because i saw these ridiculous displays first hand.
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...-2012-14402525

That's exactly my point: None of these groups that claimed to be the TEA Party actually were. There were several partisan "astroturf" groups that sprang up and hijacked the name "TEA Party", and no central leadership to protect it. Eventually the name TEA Party ended up representing whatever and whoever the speaker wished.

That's exactly my point: None of these groups that claimed to be the TEA Party actually were. There were several partisan "astroturf" groups that sprang up and hijacked the name "TEA Party", and no central leadership to protect it. Eventually the name TEA Party ended up representing whatever and whoever the speaker wished.
    Well then they hi jacked the tea party and the gop both are overrun by nutcases.

Yeah, pretty much. Nevertheless, the reformers are alive and well, and making good progress.

/back to the original topic?

Yeah, pretty much. Nevertheless, the reformers are alive and well, and making good progress.

/back to the original topic?
    i think it is kinda on topic, the annihilation of the gop?