Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco's postseason numbers since 2010: 12 TDs, 2 INT.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Re: Joe Flacco's postseason numbers since 2010: 12 TDs, 2 INT.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Flacco has one hell of an arm but that's the extent of it. His receivers make that passing attack go. He puts it in their area and they make the play - he's not nearly as sharp as people think. If you can pressure him it's game over, he gets rattled. No one has been able to get to him this offseason. If the 49ers can get hits on him they will win. If not, they will lose.
    You have to give credit where credit is due, even if it means giving props to a rival. Flacco is a quality quarterback. this is not 2008, where the Steelers got into his head in the AFCC game. He's not on par with the elite QB's in the league yet, but you can't ignore what he has done in the playoffs.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    You have to give credit where credit is due, even if it means giving props to a rival. Flacco is a quality quarterback. this is not 2008, where the Steelers got into his head in the AFCC game. He's not on par with the elite QB's in the league yet, but you can't ignore what he has done in the playoffs.
    3 games and I think he has been sacked once. When was the last time Ben went 3 games without one sack? Anyhow, it doesn't remove the criticism that he folds under pressure, which he does and will likely continue to do. If Baltimore can find a way to keep this "suddenly" pro bowl line intact and find enough refs who don't call holding, then yeah he'll continue to be a top 5 QB.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    3 games and I think he has been sacked once. When was the last time Ben went 3 games without one sack? Anyhow, it doesn't remove the criticism that he folds under pressure, which he does and will likely continue to do. If Baltimore can find a way to keep this "suddenly" pro bowl line intact and find enough refs who don't call holding, then yeah he'll continue to be a top 5 QB.
    Agreed, the last time he faced any real pressure in a playoff game was last year's playoff game against the Texans, he played so bad in that game, it prompted his own teammate Ed Reed to criticize him. He faced constant pressure against the Steelers in the divisional game and basically choked the game away. I would like to see how Flacco fares with pressure in his face

Junior Member Array title="Gabefergy is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'm glad some of you are willing to give Flacco the credit he deserves. I'm not even going to broach the subject of "elite" because I think it is a joke how that word is bandied about. However, to go on the road and beat the top 2 teams in the AFC against arguably the best 2 QBs of the past decade is no small feat.

Sure, he had help along the way, but that is the case with every QB. Is Roethlisberger less of a QB because he won a SB due to Santonio Holmes making one of the greatest catches of all time? Not at all. He made a great thrown and Holmes made an even better catch. I just find it amusing that some of you are giving credit to his receivers when it is Flacco who is consistently making stick throws and precision passes where only his guy can make a play. Smith, Boldin, and Pitta are all great players, but they are far from elite at their respective positions. Boldin is slow as molasses but uses his physicality and body control to make plays. Smith, while not a great route runner, has electric speed and Pitta just consistently finds ways to get open over the middle.

They all complement each other well, but it has been Joe Flacco that has been the driving force behind this SB run. And please please dont give me this crap about the offense going through Ray Rice like so many mindless media idiots droll on about.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gabefergy View Post
    I'm glad some of you are willing to give Flacco the credit he deserves. I'm not even going to broach the subject of "elite" because I think it is a joke how that word is bandied about. However, to go on the road and beat the top 2 teams in the AFC against arguably the best 2 QBs of the past decade is no small feat.

Sure, he had help along the way, but that is the case with every QB. Is Roethlisberger less of a QB because he won a SB due to Santonio Holmes making one of the greatest catches of all time? Not at all. He made a great thrown and Holmes made an even better catch. I just find it amusing that some of you are giving credit to his receivers when it is Flacco who is consistently making stick throws and precision passes where only his guy can make a play. Smith, Boldin, and Pitta are all great players, but they are far from elite at their respective positions. Boldin is slow as molasses but uses his physicality and body control to make plays. Smith, while not a great route runner, has electric speed and Pitta just consistently finds ways to get open over the middle.

They all complement each other well, but it has been Joe Flacco that has been the driving force behind this SB run. And please please dont give me this crap about the offense going through Ray Rice like so many mindless media idiots droll on about.
    I don't go on Ravens message board looking for affirmation about Steelers players. So why do you come here looking for it on your players?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Not at all. Belichick obviously aimed to take away Ray Rice and dare Flacco to beat them. He did.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I don't go on Ravens message board looking for affirmation about Steelers players. So why do you come here looking for it on your players?
    same reason why steeler fans used to get pissed that everyone else called ben overrated for his success his 1st 4 seasons with a great running game and great defense
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    same reason why steeler fans used to get pissed that everyone else called ben overrated for his success his 1st 4 seasons with a great running game and great defense
    Difference was Ben wasn't a 56% passer.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

There. All better now?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

congrats to Joe Flacco...He is now a super bowl quarterback!!!!

And 11 TD 0 INT in the 2012 postseason for Flacco!!!...Crazy!

Prisoner of the moment, water always finds it's own level in the end. Expect Flacco to be overpaid and the Ravens to regret it for the next 5 years.

Prisoner of the moment, water always finds it's own level in the end. Expect Flacco to be overpaid and the Ravens to regret it for the next 5 years.

No....The ravens are a very smart team...They are not dumb

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Joe Flacco. Just tied Montana for most postseason TD's. Super Bowl MVP.

I got no issues with keeping him on the roster another 7-8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Joe Flacco. Just tied Montana for most postseason TD's. Super Bowl MVP.

I got no issues with keeping him on the roster another 7-8 years.
    I doubt they'll go another postseason without an offensive hold being called against them. Enjoy it now, I don't think it's going to be habit forming.

I doubt they'll go another postseason without an offensive hold being called against them. Enjoy it now, I don't think it's going to be habit forming.

I hope you will now accept the whining of seahawks for the Super Bowl XL....Flacco would have been to the super bowl in 2011 if Lee Evans would have not made a drop,too

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I hope you will now accept the whining of seahawks for the Super Bowl XL....Flacco would have been to the super bowl in 2011 if Lee Evans would have not made a drop,too
    And the Cardinals fans bitching after SB XLIII. And pretty much every damn fanbase of every team we've won a game against since SB XL who always play the lame "refs were in da bag for da STEALERS" card.

He had a great postseason. End of story.

Can't wait until next season and hopefully put his mediocre ass back where it belongs.

That ok with you?

Christ! Didn't know I had to sing the praises of all things Raven on a fucking Steelers message board.

He had a great postseason. End of story.

Can't wait until next season and hopefully put his mediocre ass back where it belongs.

That ok with you?

Christ! Didn't know I had to sing the praises of all things Raven on a fucking Steelers message board.

He is not a mediocre QB c****t

18 TD 2 INT in the postseason since 2010=amazing....this is not a fluke

He is not a mediocre QB c****t

18 TD 2 INT in the postseason since 2010=amazing....this is not a fluke

Maybe you can wear his jersey to next seasons opener.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

HAHAHA

I only say that Flacco is very good good QB and he deserves a lot of credit!

It's not my fault if you're too stubborn to admit that Flacco is a very good QB

HAHAHA

I only say that Flacco is very good good QB and he deserves a lot of credit!

It's not my fault if you're too stubborn to admit that Flacco is a very good QB
    There's three good reasons for that.

1. I don't want to.

2. I don't have to.

3. I think he'll revert to the middle of the road quarterback he's always been next season.

He is a top 8 QB easy right now

Tonight. Maybe. Next season, he wont be.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'm going to brush my teeth, dental floss and go to bed.

Tonight. Maybe. Next season, he wont be.
    18 TD 2 INT in the postseason since 2010(and now he is a SB QB)...but he is not in the top 8...c mon!

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

How many jump balls did Flacco lob up this postseason that DBs simply played wrong? That outside pass to Boldin the CB never even turned around. I don't know why teams havent figure out that when Flacco is on the run get ready for a jump ball.

Joe Flacco 2013 in the postseason

57.9% Completions (73-126), 1,140 Yards (9.0 Y/A), 11 TDs, 0 INTs, 117.2 QB Rating

Wild Card: vs Colts (11-5) 24-9 W
    12-23, 282 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 125.6 QB Rating

Divisional: @ Broncos (13-3) 38-35 W (OT)
    18-34, 331 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 116.2 QB Rating

Conference Championship: @ Patriots (12-4) 28-13 W
    21-36, 240 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 106.2 QB Rating

Super Bowl: vs 49ers (11-4-1) 34-31 W
    22-33, 287 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 124.2 QB Rating

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Whether Flacco was chucking the ball and being lucky or not it worked.

These guys just kept finding miraculous ways to win...just like the 4th and 29.

This is what great TEAMS do...

Would love to see even a fraction of the collective will to win on the black and gold side of the ball.

That being said. Go f*ck yourself Baltimore.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Would love to see even a fraction of the collective will to win on the black and gold side of the ball.
    Sorry to say I agree. When's the last time a Steelers WR put forth the kind of effort Jacoby Jones did on that underthrown pass yesterday?