Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco's postseason numbers since 2010: 12 TDs, 2 INT.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Joe Flacco's postseason numbers since 2010: 12 TDs, 2 INT.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I watched that game, your O line was holding on half the plays
    Yeah that's what I saw too. Though the refs didn't see any. They were too busy calling offensive holds on the Broncos all game.

In my opinion the phantom hold against the Broncos on 3rd and 1 in the 4th quarter was every bit as game changing as the Broncos blown coverage at the end of the game. Instead of having 1st and 10 at midfield with a touchdown lead and momentum the Broncos end up at 3rd and 11, which led to a sack and a fumble, and then a tie game. If the refs weren't looking so hard for Bronco penalties all that game the Ravens lose by double digits.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Yeah that's what I saw too. Though the refs didn't see any. They were too busy calling offensive holds on the Broncos all game.

In my opinion the phantom hold against the Broncos on 3rd and 1 in the 4th quarter was every bit as game changing as the Broncos blown coverage at the end of the game. Instead of having 1st and 10 at midfield with a touchdown lead and momentum the Broncos end up at 3rd and 11, which led to a sack and a fumble, and then a tie game. If the refs weren't looking so hard for Bronco penalties all that game the Ravens lose by double digits.
    Speaking of which I love how the media is silent on this blatant screw job against the Broncos brought about by the regular refs(along with the gargantuan array of examples of poor officiating by the real refs) while they were in such an uproar over the incompetence of the replacement refs and Super Bowl XL.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I haven't watched any of the Raven's games really, but honestly, I think every O line holds on pretty much half the plays anymore, no?
    Blatantly holding

How rare is it to completely shake up your O line and get pro bowl play at evvery position? What's much more common is that the refs DO NOT call O line holding much anymore and even less in the playoffs. The commish wants a smooth watchable product.

Count 'em. Flacco has been sacked just twice in the nine-plus quarters the Ravens have played in the postseason, and the overtime sack by Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil on Saturday was really just a coverage sack. Rice and complementary running back Bernard Pierce, meanwhile, have combined to rush for 316 yards in the two playoff games.

"I think every game starts up front and comes down to who can control the line of scrimmage," said All-Pro guard Marshall Yanda, "and controlling those guys gives Joe time to open up the running game and keep a good balance. It's a huge factor every game, so we try to do that. We had success a couple days ago and it'll be huge this weekend."

The O-line has come together at just the right time after the coaching staff moved decisively to reposition several players, inserting Bryant McKinnie in at left tackle, shifting Michael Oher to the right side and switching Kelechi Osemele from right tackle to left guard.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Speaking of which I love how the media is silent on this blatant screw job against the Broncos brought about by the regular refs(along with the gargantuan array of examples of poor officiating by the real refs) while they were in such an uproar over the incompetence of the replacement refs and Super Bowl XL.
    The current talking point is "Manning chokes in the playoffs" so no need to look at the actual game. I watched a segment where some moron posited that Manning's lost arm strength was the cause of the loss. Kurt Warner was like "uh...no"

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

manning couldnt complete a pass past 15 yards. Offense consisted of, draw and drags and entire game
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    manning couldnt complete a pass past 15 yards. Offense consisted of, draw and drags and entire game

(8:24) 18-P.Manning pass deep right to 87-E.Decker to BAL 14 for 32 yards (20-E.Reed).

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I do think Manning's arm might have been getting fatigued later in the game. Maybe it's just false perception, but it seemed to me that his passes were less crisp , less accurate and shorter as the game wore on.

Earlair in the game he was putting some deep corner routes right on the dime. Later he wasn't even trying on those plays.

Given his age and recent injury history, combined with the weather, I don't think it would be shocking to learn that he was arm weary later in the game.

I know Denver is an outside venue and some may question why Manning went there to begin with. But that sort of severe tempature is out of the norm there.
    Had it been a more normal 20-35 degrees for that time of year Manning probably plays a lot better for the entire game.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

There should have been some holding calls made on the ravens and, I find it funny that no calls on any of the kick returns. During the season it seemed every game had atleast 4-5 of those calls per game.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    The current talking point is "Manning chokes in the playoffs" so no need to look at the actual game. I watched a segment where some moron posited that Manning's lost arm strength was the cause of the loss. Kurt Warner was like "uh...no"
    Of course had the Steelers got all those calls against the Broncos or those were replacement refs, all we would have ever heard from this game is the how bad the refs were. Double standards exist in the sports media as well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

With a win Sunday, he becomes the greatest road QB of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    With a win Sunday, he becomes the greatest road QB of all-time.

For the number of wins, yes.....But Eli Manning has a better winning percentage on the road(5-1 for Eli,and 6-4 or 5-5 for Flacco)

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Manning's grip has weakened because of his neck injury. That has been reported many many times. That's why he wears gloves now, something he never did until this season. So it might not necessarily be an arm strength thing but a problem with his grip strength
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Had it been a more normal 20-35 degrees for that time of year Manning probably plays a lot better for the entire game.
    When I went to the Broncos/Steelers WC game last year, the temp was 40+ degrees warmer.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Of course had the Steelers got all those calls against the Broncos or those were replacement refs, all we would have ever heard from this game is the how bad the refs were. Double standards exist in the sports media as well
    Dude, the game could have zero penalties on both sides and the Steelers would still be accused of paying the officials off (YOU GUNNA TELL ME DA STEALERS DINT CUMMIT WUN PINALTY? BULLSHIT! DEY CHEEETID!) This is only if they won, of course - if the Steelers lose, the exact same officiating is always 100% fair.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

15 TD 2 INT for Flacco since 2010

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Eli comments that he's elite. Follow up: Wins Super Bowl.
    Flacco comments that he's elite. Follow up: 3TDs no INT in championship game...on his way to the Super Bowl???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

He is getting the job done. Kudos!

Good for him. Still wouldn't want him. But give me the other 10 guys on their offense though and I'd sure be happy.

I hate that d-bag, and hearing how great this d-bag is will drive me nuts

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    He is getting the job done. Kudos!
    Agreed. He and the entire Ravens team are hungry and it shows...winning tough games in the clutch. We were that way a few Super bowls ago.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Flacco's lucky streak still will never make me forget this

and this

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Flacco's lucky streak still will never make me forget this

and this

Yesterday's news!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Flacco just made himself a lot of money tonight.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Yesterday's news!
    yes but I will still never forget

I wish Ben would have gotten the respect that Flacco will sure get. If he wins in 2 weeks, I guarantee you there will be idiots that actually proclaim Flacco to be better than Ben and that Flacco is elite

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I wish Ben would have gotten the respect that Flacco will sure get. If he wins in 2 weeks, I guarantee you there will be idiots that actually proclaim Flacco to be better than Ben and that Flacco is elite
    Shit, a member of this forum said this last week. Where have you been?

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Flacco doesnt have Big bens mobility. I think they are pretty equal in the arm strength and durability
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

By the way, congratulations Crow & Boh.

The Ravens are a hungry band of brothers who play like a team and deserve to be in the Superbowl imo.

I will be rooting for the Ravens in the Superbowl too...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Flacco just made himself a lot of money tonight.
    Pretty sure with his previous comments he'll drive a hard bargain now also. They gotta at least give him the 15 mil tag if they can't agree, but I'm thinking he knocks down a 6yr 100mil or 8yr 120mil.

Now for the bad news, Elerbe is also a free agent, Kruger, Cary Williams, Ed Reed, McKinnie, and both TEs being RFAs. Gonna be hard to hold that all together. Everyone loves to sign players off a SB team.
    Merry Christmas

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Flacco has one hell of an arm but that's the extent of it. His receivers make that passing attack go. He puts it in their area and they make the play - he's not nearly as sharp as people think. If you can pressure him it's game over, he gets rattled. No one has been able to get to him this offseason. If the 49ers can get hits on him they will win. If not, they will lose.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall