Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ratbirds @ Denver- Divisional Round

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

Re: Ratbirds @ Denver- Divisional Round

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Denver got screwed by the officials and then they choked

Yep....

All the talking heads talked about Denver's D being one of the best in the league...their secondary got b-slapped at every turn today.
    Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I want them both to lose too, but I'm gonna have to root for the Ravens. I'm sure you understand.
    If it comes down to that, so will I. I hate the Ravens, but I at least respect them. I have no respect for the Ugg-wearing Golden Boy and the cheating bastard.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Next week's game is going to suck. Rats vs. Pats.
    Maybe, maybe not. Weren't the Broncos supposed to win in a cakewalk today?

They play the games for a reason.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If it comes down to that, so will I. I hate the Ravens, but I at least respect them. I have no respect for the Ugg-wearing Golden Boy and the cheating bastard.
    Go Houston! It's a longshot but I'd like to see them get there. I hate Marsha Bundchen* and Bert Flaccid. I'd rather see Andre Johnson get there. Maybe JJ Watt can bitch slap Marsha and bat Bert's eyebrows down.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    both teams got screwed *not sure about the TOS here*

Love my boys. so much heart
    How exactly did the Ravens get Screwed? Every call went their way.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Ok, I have officially soiled my pants!

Love 'em or hate 'em, that was one helluva game.

Three AFCC in 5 years. Flacco doesn't suck as much as some say. He has outdueled both Brady and Manning in the post-season and almost beat Roethlisberger. It feels like destiny right now!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    An earthquake at the stadium?
    works for me.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Go Houston! It's a longshot but I'd like to see them get there. I hate Marsha Bundchen* and Bert Flaccid. I'd rather see Andre Johnson get there. Maybe JJ Watt can bitch slap Marsha and bat Bert's eyebrows down.
    The Texans are the one team left in it I would love to see get to the SB, mostly because they are such an underdog and I REALLY like the way JJ (S)Watt plays.

I DO NOT want to see the Pats* back in the SB for so many reasons, but at least I could deal with them a tiny bit more than B-more.
    Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I want them both to lose too, but I'm gonna have to root for the Ravens. I'm sure you understand.
    This. Honestly, I haven't been a fan long enough to hate on other teams due to past history - I know I should, but the emotion isn't really there - but I have been around long enough to hate the Patriots all on my own. There are teams I would prefer to win/lose over others, but I can never root for the Patriots as long as Brady and Belicheck are there. If the Texans lose tomorrow, I will be hoping with all my heart that the Ravens win the AFC Championship. (If the Texans by chance win, I will probably be rooting for them to go all the way.) I really expected Manning and the Broncos to pull out the win, but the Ravens wanted it more, I think. The Ravens are playing for Ray Lewis the way the Steelers were playing for Jerome Bettis in 2005. (Sacrilege?) That and being considered underdogs might be enough to carry them all the way to the Super Bowl. I would rather see them there than the Patriots, any day. Sorry.

At any rate, it sure was an exciting game.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Rooting for the meteor next week...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Solomon Wilcots was afraid to interview Ray Lewis at the end of the game, but Ray assured him that he was safe and kept repeating that he had no weapons.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

If Stephan A. Smith murdered Skip Bayless tonight it would be understandable.

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Manning looks ridiculous there, lol
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If the Patriots win tomorrow, I will be rooting for the Patriots. If the Patriots play the Ravens in the AFC Championship game 4 years in a row, I will root for the Pats every time. I hate the Ratbirds and their band of thugs, jackasses, and criminals with a passion and if that murderous piece of trash Stabby Ray wins a Super Bowl in his final game, then it will be the biggest injustice in sports history.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Ok, I have officially soiled my pants!

Love 'em or hate 'em, that was one helluva game.

Three AFCC in 5 years. Flacco doesn't suck as much as some say. He has outdueled both Brady and Manning in the post-season and almost beat Roethlisberger. It feels like destiny right now!
    Crow, your boys did you proud. I know I don't want the 49ers to win and tie us at 6 and I surely don't want to see Marsha get a 4th tying Montana and Bradshaw, so realistically either the you guys or the Seahawks need to step up. I don't see Atlanta or Houston mustering what it takes. Having the AFC North getting it is better than either of those other options for me (although i think your coach is a whiner), I've got respect for your team. They always play tough and like our team is always defined by the defense. Actually, having you guys beat the Niners and spoiling their perfect Superbowl record has a certain appeal to it.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

You hear Ray Ray's post game comments? He's talking like he willed Corey Graham into that INT with his in-between play leadership QQ

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    You hear Ray Ray's post game comments? He's talking like he willed Corey Graham into that INT with his in-between play leadership QQ
    Of course. He got credit for 3 tackles on the INT

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk HD

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Crow, your boys did you proud. I know I don't want the 49ers to win and tie us at 6 and I surely don't want to see Marsha get a 4th tying Montana and Bradshaw, so realistically either the you guys or the Seahawks need to step up. I don't see Atlanta or Houston mustering what it takes. Having the AFC North getting it is better than either of those other options for me (although i think your coach is a whiner), I've got respect for your team. They always play tough and like our team is always defined by the defense. Actually, having you guys beat the Niners and spoiling their perfect Superbowl record has a certain appeal to it.
    Although a little tongue-in-cheek, when Flacco tossed the bomb to Jones to tie the game at 35-35, I told my wife that even if the Ravens ultimately lose this game, I can hold my head up high and said they came to Denver and played one helluva game (excepting the huge let-down on special teams!). Out of a red/blue 50-state map, I think the only state picking Baltimore to win yesterday was Maryland. No one gave the Ravens a chance against Denver at home with Peyton at QB. And yet Flacco, up against a stronger defense and a better secondary than the Ravens have fielded all season, picked the Broncos apart and took the game in his hands. He ain't pretty, but he launches a deep ball as good or better than anyone in the NFL today.

What happens next no one knows. My wish is to return to Foxborough and a rematch against the Patriots at Gilette. I know Brady hates playing Baltimore, he hates Suggs, and they know Baltimore is capable of beating them again in 2013. But even if they lose to New England, or Houston, yesterday's finish was awesome considering the up-and-down play on offense and the below-standard play on defense for much of this season. The Ravens are definitely a team in transition. But it appears that giving Cam the bum's rush was the thing to do. Caldwell is calling a much better game.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If the Patriots win tomorrow, I will be rooting for the Patriots. If the Patriots play the Ravens in the AFC Championship game 4 years in a row, I will root for the Pats every time. I hate the Ratbirds and their band of thugs, jackasses, and criminals with a passion and if that murderous piece of trash Stabby Ray wins a Super Bowl in his final game, then it will be the biggest injustice in sports history.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Although a little tongue-in-cheek, when Flacco tossed the bomb to Jones to tie the game at 35-35, I told my wife that even if the Ravens ultimately lose this game, I can hold my head up high and said they came to Denver and played one helluva game (excepting the huge let-down on special teams!). Out of a red/blue 50-state map, I think the only state picking Baltimore to win yesterday was Maryland. No one gave the Ravens a chance against Denver at home with Peyton at QB. And yet Flacco, up against a stronger defense and a better secondary than the Ravens have fielded all season, picked the Broncos apart and took the game in his hands. He ain't pretty, but he launches a deep ball as good or better than anyone in the NFL today.

What happens next no one knows. My wish is to return to Foxborough and a rematch against the Patriots at Gilette. I know Brady hates playing Baltimore, he hates Suggs, and they know Baltimore is capable of beating them again in 2013. But even if they lose to New England, or Houston, yesterday's finish was awesome considering the up-and-down play on offense and the below-standard play on defense for much of this season. The Ravens are definitely a team in transition. But it appears that giving Cam the bum's rush was the thing to do. Caldwell is calling a much better game.
    I doubted it at the time, but the offense has turned it on and Flaccid has become the deep ball master in just a few short weeks. That Torrey Smith draft pick is really paying off. I didn't watch the post game, but I'm sure Ray took credit on a day his defense wasn't that great and the offense and bert should have got it.
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Playing not to lose instead of playing to win will always bite you in the ass. That's why I argued with that assclown Stealreal and tried to explain to him how clutch Ben was at the end of the AFC title game against the Jets in 2010.

- - - Updated - - -

Incomplete?!
    Kneeling with 30 seconds, 2 time outs and Peyton Manning is typical John Fox.
    Merry Christmas

Baltimore “practice kick” shouldn’t have resulted in a penalty

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-a-penalty/

When Seahawks coach Pete Carroll tried to excuse his decision to ice kicker Matt Bryant, Carroll said that officials told him before the game that “practice kicks” would not be allowed.

But there’s a difference between the “practice kicks” that happen when a kicker is iced too close to the snap of the ball and a literal “practice kick” performed by the kicker sneaking onto the field at a time when he shouldn’t be out there.

That’s what happened on Saturday in Denver between the first and second overtime periods. That’s what Carroll and the officials talked about before Sunday’s game between the Seahawks and Falcons.

Justin Tucker did just that for the Ravens. And while it shouldn’t have happened, NBC officiating consultant Jim Daopoulos explained during Monday’s PFT Live that no penalty should have been assessed.

Instead, it just shouldn’t have happened. Specifically, the officials should have stopped it from happening.

The problem is that the situation isn’t addressed in the rule book. Now that it has happened, look for the Competition Committee to consider expanding the articles and sections to impose a five-yard or 15-yard penalty for illegal practice kicks.

But not for “practice kicks” that happen when someone ices the kicker too late.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Wow, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Of course. He got credit for 3 tackles on the INT

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk HD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Wow, cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    Didn't realize you had posted those already (I posted one of them in another thread). As I keep saying, there is passion and then there is acting like a complete bitch.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Looks like someone is going to get himself a web redemption