Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama May Issue Gun Control 'Order' And Bypass Congress

Re: Obama May Issue Gun Control 'Order' And Bypass Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    yea it would , but was not planning on burial for 50 years ... treated wood plastic lined would not rot for a long time and the grease would stay intact as long as the wood or longer ... but your idea is cheaper and quicker

will have to implement that idea ,and I have pipe here now just need end caps and new can of glue ... thanks
    Like I said before, just make sure it's not on your own property, or it'll be a worthless endeavor.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Like I said before, just make sure it's not on your own property, or it'll be a worthless endeavor.

yea , in my area there is LOTS of land that is unused by the public not a highly populated area ( I can shoot off my porch )

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Now I'm just jealous.

sorry

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Sources say he's weighing as many as 19 possible actions he could take through executive order. Those options could include more aggressively enforcing existing gun laws, beefing up national research on guns and ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks. They could include ordering tougher penalties for gun-trafficking offenses and ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available.
    Carney on Tuesday declined to specify what actions the president might take via executive order.
    The president, though, has already voiced support for separate legislative measures in Congress, like the renewal of the assault weapons ban. That is expected to face the toughest opposition in Congress. But Biden, who led the gun violence task force and met with the president Monday, indicated the group is also pressing for limits on high-capacity magazines -- as well as background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a gun. Carney reiterated Tuesday that Obama still wants those measures pursued.

Dwinsgames

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/main...ticle=10700507

Texas saying BULLSHIT !!! Try and enforce new laws and we will Jail the Feds....

now if more states follow suit to what Texas is wanting to do , we could be on to something

but since Federal law supersedes state law not sure how that will work out if it even passes

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I have a bad feeling that very shortly some of us are going to be felons.

As much as I can't stand to look at either one of the assbags. What we seen spew from the mouth of evil is for certain he realizes he cannot act on his own and members of the house have stated they want nothing to do with more gun laws. Keep up the letters, calls and emails to your reps. and senators. Don't stop now as we can see the potus realizes he does not have the power he thought he did.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dwinsgames

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...-politics.html

and so it begins ...............

Hitler has just entered the building People

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

About the only thing that I've read and can agree with is the gun show loop hole. Everyone should get a background check but the scary gun ban, registry, and everything else is complete and udder bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...-politics.html

and so it begins ...............

Hitler has just entered the building People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I swear this administration is trying to piss on our faces on purpose. It's almost like they want us to snap or something.

Dwinsgames

I can foresee the day coming soon that will make Ruby Ridge look like a walk in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I swear this administration is trying to piss on our faces on purpose. It's almost like they want us to snap or something.
    If that did happen you'd see martial law and a dictatorship emerge.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

they are ready for that now ..... are you ? ( you meaning all of us )

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I think that Marshall Law would more than likely start a civil war.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/18060/

Statement by Gov. Perry on President Obama’s Executive Actions

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:

"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

"In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

- - - Updated - - -

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2518781#.UPckzCdEG8B

Sen. Marco Rubio R-Fla. criticized President Obama moments ago for his speech promoting gun control and abusing his executive powers. The president initiated 23 executive orders during his press conference, vowing to “use whatever weight this office holds” to promote his agenda.

In a statement, Rubio warned that Obama’s use of executive power was troubling.

“Making matters worse is that President Obama is again abusing his power by imposing his policies via executive fiat instead of allowing them to be debated in Congress,” he said. “President Obama’s frustration with our republic and the way it works doesn’t give him license to ignore the Constitution.”

Rubio added that Obama’s proposals would not have actually prevented the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut and were threatening the Second Amendment rights of legal gun owners.

“President Obama is targeting the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens instead of seriously addressing the real underlying causes of such violence,” Rubio said.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Here in the "safe" country of Canada, my future daughter-in-law's childhood friend was stabbed to death 2 nights ago. Thank God for gun control.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Here in the "safe" country of Canada, my future daughter-in-law's childhood friend was stabbed to death 2 nights ago. Thank God for gun control.
    I'm so sorry, Joe.

I'm really sorry to hear that man.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, Joe.

Sorry to hear about that Count.

President Obama Undermines Case Against Universal E-Verify

“First, it’s time for Congress to require a universal background check on anyone trying to buy a gun.” These were President Obama’s words as he outlined his plans for gun control legislation on Wednesday.

FAIR takes no position on gun issues, but the president’s unequivocal support for universal checks demonstrates two things:
    1.The president does not consider background checks to be an infringement on anyone’s constitutional liberties, and
    2.The president does not consider there to be any technological impediments to carrying out universal checks before someone is permitted to purchase a firearm.

In making his statement, President Obama also negated the most frequently offered arguments against making E-Verify checks universal. If all gun dealers can be required to make sure that a customer meets eligibility standards to purchase a gun, why can’t all employers be required to check that the people they hire meet the eligibility requirements to hold a job? If existing technology and databases are reliable enough to determine someone’s fitness to own a weapon, shouldn’t existing technology and databases be reliable enough to determine someone’s eligibility to work in the United States?
    http://immigrationreform.com/2013/01...rsal-e-verify/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

You folks know I'm a huge gun guy and a staunch defender of the Constitution, so I hope you'll lend me a little credence on this one:
    What Obama has done here is nothing. It's certainly no reason to get all wound- up and start burying your guns.

His executive orders do nothing other than to enforce the laws that are already on the books, which we have all said at one point or another is a good thing. And his proposed legislation is never going to get passed. It won't even make it out of committee.
    The only exception is possibly the so-called "gun show loophole", which, while completely ineffective, isn't actually a *bad* idea.

I think we should all take a deep breath and relax a little.
    My $0.02
    / condolences on your daughter's loss, Count
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    You folks know I'm a huge gun guy and a staunch defender of the Constitution, so I hope you'll lend me a little credence on this one:
    What Obama has done here is nothing. It's certainly no reason to get all wound- up and start burying your guns.

His executive orders do nothing other than to enforce the laws that are already on the books, which we have all said at one point or another is a good thing. And his proposed legislation is never going to get passed. It won't even make it out of committee.
    The only exception is possibly the so-called "gun show loophole", which, while completely ineffective, isn't actually a *bad* idea.

I think we should all take a deep breath and relax a little.
    My $0.02
    / condolences on your daughter's loss, Count
    Actually they do, about 4.5 billion worth.

At Least $4.5 Billion in New Spending for Gun Control

President Obama and Vice President Biden revealed their proposed reforms intended to reduce firearms related violence.

The proposal contains a mix of executive actions, regulations, and calls for Congress to act legislatively. The total package will cost at least $4.5 billion in new spending.

Among the new spending the president proposed:

• $4 billion for the president’s proposal “to help keep 15,000 cops on the streets in cities and towns across the country.” (That is roughly $266,000 per police officer.)

• $20 million to “give states stronger incentives to make [relevant] data available [for background checks] … “$50 million for this purpose in FY2014”

• “$14 million to help train 14,000 more police officers and other public and private personnel to respond to active shooter situations.”

• “$10 million for the Centers for Disease Control to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images, and violence.”

• $20 million to expand the National Violent Death Reporting System.

• $150 million to “put up to 1,000 new school resource officers and school counselors on the job.”

• “$30 million of one-time grants to states to help their school districts develop and implement emergency management plans.”

• $50 million to help 8,000 schools “create safer and more nurturing school climates.”

• $15 million to “provide “Mental Health First Aid” training for teachers.”

• $40 million for school districts to “work with law enforcement, mental health agencies, and other local organizations to assure students with mental health issues or other behavioral issues are referred to the services they need.”

• $25 million for state-based strategies that support “young people ages 16 to 25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.”

• $25 million to “offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety, conflict resolution programs, and other school-based violence prevention strategies.”

• $50 million to “train social workers, counselors, psychologists, and other mental health professionals.”

The president’s proposals to ban high capacity magazines and “military-style assault weapons” will be costly to implement, if they are passed. Those costs are either unknown or haven’t been released.

The 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, which included the assault weapons and high capacity magazine ban (that expired in 2004), authorized the expenditure of $30.2 billion dollars, or about $45 billion in today’s dollars.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ol_696120.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Actually they do. They cost tax payers 4.5 billion dollars for doing nothing.
    Hell, that's what our Federal government is best at.
    That certainly beats putting Eric Holder in charge of "keeping guns out of the hands of criminals". AmIright??
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 01-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland