Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama-The first sitting president to visit a daytime talkshow

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Obama-The first sitting president to visit a daytime talkshow

Good for him . I guess all the golf courses in the NY area were being used .

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Re: Obama-The first sitting president to visit a daytime talkshow

And Bush was the first president to go to a boy scouts meeting.

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

This is the shit that drives me up a wall. We have a war criminal (not to mention a class criminal) in the White House, and this is what people complain about? We deserve everything we get, clearly.
    Why does God hate amputees?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    And Bush was the first president to go to a boy scouts meeting.
    And there's a problem with that?

I can assure you of one thing, Obama will NOT be the first President to put himself in danger to surprise the troops in the war zone for Thanksgiving. GWB did that too.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
    This is the shit that drives me up a wall. We have a war criminal (not to mention a class criminal) in the White House, and this is what people complain about? We deserve everything we get, clearly.
    What's the definition of "war criminal" know-it-all?

Seriously, just move to a country that hates the U.S. You will be SOOoooooo much happier there.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Just a friendly and pre-emptive reminder:

2. No Flaming other than in The Beat Down forum. Comments outside of said forum deemed as abusive, offensive, trolling, obnoxious or provocative will be deleted without warning and if deemed appropriate by an Admin/Mod, the offensive party could receive an infraction or be temp/perma-banned. We hope this action will not be necessary.
    Carry on.........

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Just a friendly and pre-emptive reminder:

Carry on.........
    Noted. I've taken steps to ensure you won't have to worry about that with this discussion.

Any chance that should a debate/argument "evolve" into an unfriendly beat-down, could it simply be moved to that forum? Just an idea I had.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
    Noted. I've taken steps to ensure you won't have to worry about that with this discussion.

Any chance that should a debate/argument "evolve" into an unfriendly beat-down, could it simply be moved to that forum? Just an idea I had.
    i remember when revs had that "brilliant" idea and it led to about 3 threads locked down and atleast 2 members being banned.

my advice is "go for it"!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    i remember when revs had that "brilliant" idea and it led to about 3 threads locked down and atleast 2 members being banned.

my advice is "go for it"!

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

What's the definition of "war criminal" know-it-all?

Seriously, just move to a country that hates the U.S. You will be SOOoooooo much happier there.

At some point someone will explain to me why it is that when I criticize the president, I'm expected to move to another country. When others do it, they are patriots. I'd say it seems a tad odd, but by now I'd be shocked if this stopped happening.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The answer is NO, and I've already locked that thread down. The Beat Down forum was NOT created for personal attacks and flame wars between members. This has already been tried before, and that thread was also locked down. My advice to you is to either tone things down or we'll be forced to take further action.

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

I don't care...I agree with you Ric. The crap people complain about in a president (aka the "leader" of the nation) drives me nuts. OMG...the first lady didn't dress well enough...OMG the dog looks skinny...OMG the pres went golfing while a third world nation was in civil war. Seriously...who really believes that the pres of the US is supposed to be an upstanding job and not just a title to placate the masses? Ridunckulous I tells ya.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Drink up !

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I'm glad to see my tax dollars hard at work to provide security, transportation for the Messiah to appear on a dumb ass daytime talk show.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I'm glad to see my tax dollars hard at work to provide security, transportation for the Messiah to appear on a dumb ass daytime talk show.
    Just curious but did you watch it?

I did, and I get how frustrated people are with his policies, but I didn't think it was a bad idea for him to appear in a medium where he could reach millions of people watching and convey and communicate with America with what he has to say.

Hate what's happening, but this was an example, after watching him, that he really does care and wants to do what's best for our country.

Messiah, he is not.

He's just a man doing what he thinks will help us all, and from viewing how gray he's getting, it's not something he is taking lightly.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

No, I work during the day.

And no he doesn't want to "help" the average American. I guess he could reach the millions of people that are out of work and convince them he's doing his all. Whats best for the country is not attacking small business, which is exactly what he is doing.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

At some point someone will explain to me why it is that when I criticize the president, I'm expected to move to another country. When others do it, they are patriots. I'd say it seems a tad odd, but by now I'd be shocked if this stopped happening.
    Sooooo, you're just not going to answer the question, are you.?.? No surprise there. Just being different again? Outlandish statement of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
    I don't care...I agree with you Ric. The crap people complain about in a president (aka the "leader" of the nation) drives me nuts. OMG...the first lady didn't dress well enough...OMG the dog looks skinny...OMG the pres went golfing while a third world nation was in civil war. Seriously...who really believes that the pres of the US is supposed to be an upstanding job and not just a title to placate the masses? Ridunckulous I tells ya.
    Right, but calling the President a "War Criminal???" Gimme a break. That's ridiculous, and I don't even like Obama.

Right, but calling the President a "War Criminal???" Gimme a break. That's ridiculous, and I don't even like Obama.
    Continuing an illegal war is no less a crime than starting it. If that's not bad enough for you, then there's also what Michael Steele fairly accurately called his "taking ownership" of the war in Afghanistan (with all of the unpleasantness and illegalities outlined in the recent leaks) and expanding it into Pakistan, bombing civilians there with unmanned drones... All of which satisfies the use of the term "war criminal". The continued use of illegal white phosphorous bombs (which even our most hawkish puppet, Israel, has finally formally declared illegal) just adds to the list, which I'm sure could go on and on.

Anything to avoid honest debate on serious topics. If we did that, we might like it, and then our representatives in government might be held to higher standards... No, we can't have that. Michelle needs a new wardrobe instead.

Continuing an illegal war is no less a crime than starting it. If that's not bad enough for you, then there's also what Michael Steele fairly accurately called his "taking ownership" of the war in Afghanistan (with all of the unpleasantness and illegalities outlined in the recent leaks) and expanding it into Pakistan, bombing civilians there with unmanned drones... All of which satisfies the use of the term "war criminal". The continued use of illegal white phosphorous bombs (which even our most hawkish puppet, Israel, has finally formally declared illegal) just adds to the list, which I'm sure could go on and on.
    Incredible. Since when is white phosphorus illegal? What "illegalities" exactly were outlined in these leaks?
    This war is not illegal. Obama "taking ownership" is debatable, but he does seem to be giving what is being asked for by the commanders. Neither the Pakistani Gov't or the Afghani tribes (largly) do not seem to think it "illegal." Not to mention the other nations involved as allies.

I'd also like to point out that we do not target civilians. EVER. There will ALWAYS be civilian casualties in a war. I guess there will always be folks too who will complain no matter how things unfold.

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Incredible. Since when is white phosphorus illegal? What "illegalities" exactly were outlined in these leaks?
    This war is not illegal. Obama "taking ownership" is debatable, but he does seem to be giving what is being asked for by the commanders. Neither the Pakistani Gov't or the Afghani tribes (largly) do not seem to think it "illegal." Not to mention the other nations involved as allies.

I'd also like to point out that we do not target civilians. EVER. There will ALWAYS be civilian casualties in a war. I guess there will always be folks too who will complain no matter how things unfold.
    I'm not clear on when WP being used against personnel (civilian or otherwise) was banned by the IHL (International Humanitarian Law), but it is. It's ok to use it against material targets, but not human targets.

(4) Burster Type White phosphorus (WP M110A2) rounds burn with intense heat and emit dense white smoke. They may be used as the initial rounds in the smokescreen to rapidly create smoke or against material targets, such as Class V sites or logistic sites. It is against the law of land warfare to employ WP against personnel targets.
    http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/army/.../c5/5sect3.htm

uly 2009

Recently the U.S. accused the Taliban of using white phosphorus (WP) in improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in civilian areas in Afghanistan, as well as in mortar and rocket attacks against U.S. forces. The Taliban denied using or possessing WP munitions. For its part, the U.S. stated that both it and NATO’s International Security Assistance Force do not use WP munitions as an anti-personnel weapon in Afghanistan, and confirmed, in accordance with its earlier position, that it employs WP munitions only for purposes such as marking targets or igniting enemy ammunition. In 2005, however, the U.S. admitted, after first denying, that it used WP munitions against insurgents in “shake and bake” operations in Iraq in 2004. During such operations, WP munitions were used to flush out insurgents from spider holes at which point they were exposed to high-explosive ordinance.

Other recent conflicts in which the use of WP munitions has been documented or alleged include Somalia, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, and Gaza.

WP munitions may be advantageous in a military context due to the dense smoke produced when WP comes into contact with oxygen, as well as to the incendiary capacity of WP. During armed conflicts, the smoke produced by WP munitions has been used to mark targets, to screen troop positions, and to illuminate darkened areas. WP munitions have also been used in armed conflicts to destroy unoccupied bunkers and to ignite enemy ammunition. However, when ignited WP munitions come into contact with human flesh, they may burn through skin causing tremendous pain and tissue damage.

The alleged use of WP munitions, by both states and non-state actors such as the Taliban, is regulated in part by international humanitarian law (IHL). To determine whether a certain use of WP munitions in armed conflict is in conformity with IHL, it is necessary to assess pertinent treaties and customary law.
    more...
    http://ihl.ihlresearch.org/index.cfm...ge&pageid=2105

I'm not clear on when WP being used against personnel (civilian or otherwise) was banned by the IHL (International Humanitarian Law), but it is. It's ok to use it against material targets, but not human targets.
    That sounds about right. However, it is ALSO against NATO rules to shoot a human combatant with a .50 cal. But I was trained that if I'm in danger and all I have is a .5o and bayonet while the other guy has an AK, then I'm okay to use the .50.

I'm not aware of any intentional targeting of personnel by the U.S. using WP weapons.

This discussion is comical really since the people we are after are more known for targeting innocent civilians than anyone else. Is "someone" here (not you) pushing for an inquiry of our troops tactics again, thus tying their hands even more, while also complaining about how long this war is taking and the lives/$$ it's costing? Gotta love the "Jane Fonda Coalition."

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

That sounds about right. However, it is ALSO against NATO rules to shoot a human combatant with a .50 cal.
    Geesh, who comes up with rules like that??! It's OK to kill someone with a slightly smaller bullet but a .50 is over the line?

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

This discussion is comical really since the people we are after are more known for targeting innocent civilians than anyone else.
    I don't really care much about WP but you can't really being saying because they do it it is somehow justified? Isn't that what makes us better as Americans? Well, that's what I thought.

I'm not aware of any intentional targeting of personnel by the U.S. using WP weapons.

"
    you obviously didnt read the 91,000+ leaked documents. lift up the rug they are swept under and check it out.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

You can come live in my country where there is Nobama my friend..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11