Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cage Match: Brown vs. Wallace

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Cage Match: Brown vs. Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    AB and Wheaton start. Coates comes in as the 3rd. DHB (of the questionable hands) gets a hat on gameday and is the primary back-up. Wheaton hyper extends a knee and is out for 2 weeks. Who is your other WR?

With Bryant not available, this team needs another WR. It doesn't need another great WR, just someone who is experienced and will play for peanuts.
    Lararius Green goes out and the Outlaw steps up.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mike Wallace scheduled to visit Ravens Monday

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2016

Wide receiver Mike Wallace has been linked to the Ravens since he was released by the Vikings and that connection could turn into a contract on Monday.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated reports that Wallace will visit with the Ravens to kick off the week. It’s the first visit that Wallace has taken since parting ways with the Vikings.

Banks adds that the Ravens are only interested in signing Wallace on a “low-budget deal,” which might be the reality for Wallace after three years of underwhelming production after signing a big deal with the Dolphins as a free agent. Wallace averaged over 17 yards per catch in his first four seasons, but has failed to crack 13 yards per catch in the three years since he left the Steelers.

The Ravens have Steve Smith returning from a torn Achilles and Breshad Perriman coming back from the knee injury that wiped out his entire rookie season, leaving Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown as the surest things at wideout. That should mean opportunities for Wallace if his stay in Baltimore extends past Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ravens-monday/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Lararius Green goes out and the Outlaw steps up.
    Maybe. I'm not saying it has to be Wallace, but the Steelers need another WR. Could be Eli Rogers or one of the other WR/KR guys they signed to a futures contract? Sure.

Whether they use that player as the "next man up" or shift a TE in to that role - they need to get another dude on the roster and in the system.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Off the top of my head, I'd take Anquan Boldin over most of the other free agents that are out there. Maybe I'm forgetting someone but from what I can remember, I'd take Boldin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Off the top of my head, I'd take Anquan Boldin over most of the other free agents that are out there. Maybe I'm forgetting someone but from what I can remember, I'd take Boldin.
    No!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ravens Sign WR Mike Wallace

BY DAVE BRYAN MARCH 15, 2016

Veteran wide receiver Mike Wallace is back in the AFC North again as he’s reportedly decided to sign with the Baltimore Ravens. Wallace’s new deal is reportedly for two-years and worth $11.5 million.

Ravens are giving former Vikings WR Mike Wallace a 2-year, $11.5 million deal, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2016

Wallace, who was released by the Minnesota Vikings prior to the start of the new league year, will now look to provide the Ravens a deep passing threat as the team continues to develop their other young wide receivers on the roster.

The Ravens entered Tuesday with Steve Smith Sr. and Breshad Perriman as their two main wide receivers under contract for the 2016. However, Smith is coming off of a serious injury while Perriman failed to play a single play during his rookie season due to a knee injury. The Ravens are also expected to keep restricted free agent wide receiver Kamar Aiken this offseason after issuing him a tender prior to the start of free agency.

Last season, Wallace caught 39 passes for 473 yards and two touchdowns with the Vikings after they acquired him in an offseason trade with the Miami Dolphins.

Wallace, who spent his first four seasons in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers after they drafted him in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft out of Mississippi, signed a lucrative five-year contract worth $60 million with the Dolphins as an unrestricted free agent in 2013.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03...-mike-wallace/

March 15 Updates

Ravens sign WR Mike Wallace (2 years, $11.5 million): C Grade

It's astonishing how far Mike Wallace has fallen. Once seen as one of the better receivers in the NFL when he was a Steeler, Wallace was banished from Miami and then went on to struggle with the Vikings. Lesson learned: If paired with a Hall of Fame-caliber quarterback, don't take the money and run to a lesser franchise with a worse signal-caller.

It's unknown how much Wallace has left. He used to burn defensive backs with his great speed, but given that he's turning 30 in August, he won't be able to rely on that attribute as much anymore. We'll certainly find out early, as the big-armed Joe Flacco will undoubtedly launch some deep shots toward Wallace downfield. Wallace has been extremely inefficient when catching those sorts of passes recently, but he hasn't exactly been paired with the greatest downfield throwers.

It should be noted that the Ravens are at risk here. The contract isn't a big deal, but Wallace's attitude is. Wallace quit on the Dolphins, and there's a reason the Vikings didn't want him back. He's a bad guy to have in the locker room, so he could damage Baltimore in that regard. It's also possible that he could turn his career around with a solid season, but that's not as likely.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents...fuHvk233vUe.99

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Too bad Wallace won't go after moonballs

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Antonio Brown vs Mike Wallace with the AFC North on the line

Mike Wallace- 4 receptions 21 yards, a non-factor in crunch time
    Antonio Brown 10 receptions 96 yards, fought for the game winning TD when being tackled short of the end-zone would have lost the game for Pittsburgh