Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cage Match: Brown vs. Wallace

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Cage Match: Brown vs. Wallace

Ward had a bad year in 2004?

This is ridiculous....Ward had 1,004 yards and 80 catch on only 108 targets

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is ridiculous....
    That was steeldawg...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly though looking back, I am positive that Wallace was a locker room nuisance in 2012 and it dragged down AB. Though being the no. 2 receiver on an offense railroaded by a serious injury to Big Ben halfway through the season that clear as day affected by it upon return couldn't have helped AB either

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Honestly though looking back, I am positive that Wallace was a locker room nuisance in 2012 and it dragged down AB.
    Absolutely he was and it did. Wallace was the one who started all that "Young Money" BS to begin with, IIRC. Not to mention that bitch move he pulled at the end of that season by tapping out of the season finale against the Browns.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Honestly though looking back, I am positive that Wallace was a locker room nuisance in 2012 and it dragged down AB. Though being the no. 2 receiver on an offense railroaded by a serious injury to Big Ben halfway through the season that clear as day affected by it upon return couldn't have helped AB either
    AB was having a great year and the Steelers were looking like solid AFC contenders until Antonio got a high ankle sprain in the Giants game. The very next game Ben got crushed (AB didn't suit up) against the Chiefs, and the rest as they say is history. People always point to Ben's injury in the Chiefs game as the season turning point. Me I think it was AB's injury the week before that set in motion the game circumstances that precipitated Ben's injury.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Absolutely he was and it did. Wallace was the one who started all that "Young Money" BS to begin with, IIRC. Not to mention that bitch move he pulled at the end of that season by tapping out of the season finale against the Browns.
    And I remember that Webb of the ravens had said in 2011 that Brown was better than Wallace and Wallace had not appreciated!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And I remember that Webb of the ravens had said in 2011 that Brown was better than Wallace and Wallace had not appreciated!
    Webb was right...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    AB was having a great year and the Steelers were looking like solid AFC contenders until Antonio got a high ankle sprain in the Giants game. The very next game Ben got crushed (AB didn't suit up) against the Chiefs, and the rest as they say is history. People always point to Ben's injury in the Chiefs game as the season turning point. Me I think it was AB's injury the week before that set in motion the game circumstances that precipitated Ben's injury.
    Excellent point. I hadn't ever thought about I that way.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Vikings replaced Greg Jennings with Mike Wallace because they believed Wallace would make more big plays. He has outperformed Jennings this season but has not produced the plays the Vikings coveted.

Wallace is on pace for the worst season of his career. At this rate, he would finish the regular season with 45 catches for 509 yards and two touchdowns. And that’s only if he continues on his season-long pace. If he is going to continue on the pace he has set over the past four games, the Vikings may as well cut him now....

Wallace has not produced 1,000 receiving yards in a season since 2011. He has produced one play of longer than 50 yards since 2012.

Over his past four games, Wallace has totaled two catches for 26 yards. In the Vikings’ biggest game since 2012, last Sunday against Green Bay, he dropped one pass — which would have extended the Vikings’ first drive with a first down near midfield, and possibly have led to the first score of the game — and caught none.

He hasn’t produced 40 yards receiving or a touchdown in a game since Oct. 4...

to read rest of article:

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-r...ete/357357471/

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

The Vikings replaced Greg Jennings with Mike Wallace because they believed Wallace would make more big plays. He has outperformed Jennings this season but has not produced the plays the Vikings coveted.

Wallace is on pace for the worst season of his career. At this rate, he would finish the regular season with 45 catches for 509 yards and two touchdowns. And that’s only if he continues on his season-long pace. If he is going to continue on the pace he has set over the past four games, the Vikings may as well cut him now....

Wallace has not produced 1,000 receiving yards in a season since 2011. He has produced one play of longer than 50 yards since 2012.

Over his past four games, Wallace has totaled two catches for 26 yards. In the Vikings’ biggest game since 2012, last Sunday against Green Bay, he dropped one pass — which would have extended the Vikings’ first drive with a first down near midfield, and possibly have led to the first score of the game — and caught none.

to read rest of article:

Could his performance since he left the Steelers have something to do with fact that he hasn't had a QB anywhere near as good as BB. Just saying.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

to read rest of article:

That picture clearly shows him having to reach or jump for the ball. These journalists are so biased. That photographer should be fired!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Wallace is a trade bust to the other teams who gambled on him. He is going down like JaMarcus Russel as one of the best prospects whose attitude kept him from being great or even decent anymore. I don't think anybody fears him.
    All Defense!

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Well,ummm,never mind
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Ah the good ole days of Steeldawg arguing in favor of Wallace based off of him being a decoy

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Could his performance since he left the Steelers have something to do with fact that he hasn't had a QB anywhere near as good as BB. Just saying.
    Yup. Tannehill is a noodle armed captain checkdown style of QB. He simply couldn't hit Wallace over 10 yards downfield. Bridgewater is too timid to go deep. So there you have it.

Now, Wallace never really developed beyond his "one trick pony" status that Tomlin bestowed upon him.

I still contend, that one trick is really really really good - as long as you have a strong armed QB who isn't afraid to throw deep.

For instance, imagine Wallace with Joe "Moonball" Flacco. Sweet Baby Jesus. Those two would be a perfect match.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's nothing without the underneath threat of Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He's nothing without the underneath threat of Antonio Brown.
    I remember quite a few posters arguing that AB would never be a great #1 WR without Wallace taking the top off the coverage and drawing the double-teams.

Mike Wallace had one catch for 10 yards today in the Viqueens' 10-9 loss to the Seahags.

yeah, he's worth $12 million/season...

Mike Wallace had one catch for 10 yards today in the Viqueens' 10-9 loss to the Seahags.

You can't expect him to catch passes in sub-zero weather! Not his job! - steeldawg

The Vikings will cut him in the offseason......

Re: Mike Wallace Route Running

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    How am i proven wrong??? your telling me brown was worth his contract this season? I dont hate brown i just think you simply giving him way too much credit for a guy who really has been mediocre at best. Yet you bash a guy who put up the best first 3 years of of any nfl receiver besides rice and moss, and nobody can explain to me how production like that doesnt get you a contract. Now people want wallace out, only to be replacedby brown, a guy who we have no idea that he can be a number 1, a guy we are not even sure can be successful without wallace, and a guy who as shown early signs of injury. Ya they offered wallace more because hes worth more, im not sure how that helps your point. The point was he said why would we pay a guy who doesnt focus, well we paid brown, and he lost focus more than once on the field this season if you want to give him a pass because he didnt say it go ahead, but he doesnt have to say it we all saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even more comical now than it was then...

Compared to AB's 7 rec for 119 yards, yep big mistake letting Wallace go

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I wish steeldawg was back just to have to answer for AB's monumental crater-sized advantage in production the last 3 years over Wallace

Sometimes I wish steeldawg was back just to have to answer for AB's monumental crater-sized advantage in production the last 3 years over Wallace
    Not me, because the guy would NEVER admit he was wrong, about ANYTHING. He was almost "Hipchestian" in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    brown = Heart and desire to be the best WR he can be. Wallace = strides to be the richest WR he can be
    Came across this while going back through this thread. Posted in 2012 and it clearly shows today. The catch is I bet this upcoming offseason AB still works harder than Wallace

- - - Updated - - -

Not me, because the guy would NEVER admit he was wrong, about ANYTHING. He was almost "Hipchestian" in that regard.
    All the more reason, for comedy purposes

All the more reason, for comedy purposes
    This was steeldawg's "debating style" in a nutshell:

did tony post here at SU also?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I love when old threads where every single thing I said in them was proven right get bumped up!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

did tony post here at SU also?
    Yes, but since he wasn't an SU mod he had to watch what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Even more comical now than it was then...
    And remember, WRs aren't supposed to fight for the ball or jump, and fundamentals are not needed.

He was almost as bad as the Kordell lovers back in the day. Ok, he wasn't that bad. Haha
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steeldawg probably likes hippos and oakleys and WSOP

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Steeldawg probably likes hippos and oakleys and WSOP

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Nah, not the same guy. Politically Steeldawg was slightly left of Castro. While Tee liked himself some conspiracy theories I never got the sense he was a left leaner.