Thread: SI's 25 most hated teams of all time

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

SI's 25 most hated teams of all time

I am only 21 so I don't really know about a lot of these teams... A lot of the usual suspects. The 2010-2011 Heat already on there and they dont have a team yet...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.hated.teams/

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: SI's 25 most hated teams of all time

First off, how does the Heat make it and they haven't played a game together and in all honesty, I'm surprised to not see a Steelers team up there.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    First off, how does the Heat make it and they haven't played a game together and in all honesty, I'm surprised to not see a Steelers team up there.
    If it were hated franchises hated all time and not just single seasons the Steelers might be on there. I cant really think of a season that lots of people around the country hated us... of course like I said I am young.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I think it's hilarious that Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin are on two different teams in the top three on this list

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Penn State fans who were alive at the time will remember what happened to that 86 Miami team.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Member Array title="Rodwoodsonwasprettycool is an unknown quantity at this point">

The Steelers of the 70's had actually a good standing probably with the sports fan in this country (outside of Cleveland, Dallas, Oakland, etc), they played black and blue old school football and often pretty much were a part of the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend..", people hated the pretty boy, hollywood cowboys and hated the dirty, cheating raiders, the Steelers played off the blue collar image to a tee and thus a pretty big following began.

In regards to recent years it's stayed the same, new set of rivals (Cleveland, Baltimore, Seattle, Cincinnati), same result. The only real thing that makes them dislike-able is the the recent rape allegations of roethlisberger and the super bowl xl controversy.

I have my own reasons for disliking the team, mainly because it's in my blood and it's how I was raised .

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Im surprised that not 1 Yankee team from the last 15 years didn't make the list .

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Do the Yankees, Cowboys or "Thug U" actually need a specific year? I think not.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Do the Yankees, Cowboys or "Thug U" actually need a specific year? I think not.
    Yeah the 1986 team does. Just to show how bad they fell apart.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Yeah the 1986 team does. Just to show how bad they fell apart.
    Ok. You may have a point there.

As a PSU fan, handing them a dose of reality was indeed a great moment.

We get credit for all their turnovers, right?

A good day, indeed.