Thread: Having a finger on the pulse of gun control ...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Having a finger on the pulse of gun control ...

I work for a hunting and fishing distribution company. There is "concern" that Obama is going to flat out ban certain types of weapons, thereby causing a "run" for those types in our inventory.

Seriously, and I am not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, this could be the beginning of the end of this country. If Obama bans certain type of weapons, the way to control it is *not* at the "user level", the buyer, it is the manufacturer. If that happens, the guns will no longer be manufactured so the ones already in circulation will sky rocket in price.

It would start with automatic / assault weapons and continue to semi-auto pistols and then into revolvers ... and then to BB / Pellet guns.

I heard rumor (on a thread here maybe) about an FB "petition" to get Obama the ability to serve more than two terms. The petition itself means nothing, but if there were a large amount of people in support and it were to gain traction, THAT is something.

I really, truly see this as the beginning of the end. What I can't see though is this country sitting by idly and allowing a dictator to gain control. I think there would be a revolution / states seceding from the Union, maybe forming another country.

I do believe this to be a reality folks. I hope I'm WAAAAY off base, but the signs are pointing that way.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Having a finger on the pulse of gun control ...

That's nothing you have to worry about. If he tried anything like that the SCOTUS would strike it down as unconstitutional.
    If the Congress tried to reinstate the AWB, they could technically do it, but they don't have the votes.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Dwinsgames

Timothy McVeigh did not need a gun

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

They can go ahead and try and take my weapons. I dare them.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    They can go ahead and try and take my weapons. I dare them.

its not my guns they need to worry about ... its their owner ( and my 2 German Sheps )

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Timothy McVeigh did not need a gun
    DING.....DING......DING........we have a winning statement. Ban all fertilizer, I am starting the campaign
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Battleball Champion!

What you need or don't need to kill is irrelevant. If liberals (or the country for that matter, seeing how Obama is still in the WH) had a lick of common sense in these matters then it would not be an issue.

But, seeing how they DON'T have a lick of common sense in these matters, it IS (or potentially) an issue.

BTW, what is AWB? Is that where the president can have more than 2 terms?
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    BTW, what is AWB? Is that where the president can have more than 2 terms?
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...lt_Weapons_Ban

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Dick's Sporting Goods suspends gun sales in stores nationwide

Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. has stopped selling modern sporting rifles in stores nationwide in the wake of the shootings at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last week.

The Findlay retailer released a statement this morning that said:

"We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, Conn., and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

"Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

"We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy."

The company did not say how long it planned to leave the measures in place.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2FPzc13e6

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

What you need or don't need to kill is irrelevant. If liberals (or the country for that matter, seeing how Obama is still in the WH) had a lick of common sense in these matters then it would not be an issue.
    That is true, but we have to differentiate between what they would like to do and what they can do.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Dwinsgames

with these madmen running about and our current administrations stance on Gun control , I just can not help but wonder if these people are T.I.'s ( targeted individuals ) of government Microwave brain control technology ....

The program was supposedly ended in the 1970s but evidence exists that it is still going on today ....

sounds far fetched and almost wacko to consider but considering the list of the dead 6 and 7 years old for the vast majority I can not help but wonder how else to explain what happened there , seems the craziest , evil and most demented individuals even have more sense than to go after babies when they could have just as easily taken out people a few years older ( not that , that is any better as an end result ) ...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TRUT...14_224x126.jpg

brain invaders

seems far fetched but after watching the entire episode I am not as sure that it is a hoax as I once was ... the last 25 min is more convincing than the first half of the show makes you skeptical ... not saying but just saying

Battleball Champion!

I wouldn't put anything past this administration. Power hungry whacko's will do anything to gain power.

I've seen many movies where "the insiders" of the government laugh at just naive / ignorant the general public is on things. Saying "if you only knew" type lines.

I have little doubt that this government is capable of the most heinous of crimes, especially when it comes to keeping the public under their thumb.
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    with these madmen running about and our current administrations stance on Gun control , I just can not help but wonder if these people are T.I.'s ( targeted individuals ) of government Microwave brain control technology ....

The program was supposedly ended in the 1970s but evidence exists that it is still going on today ....

sounds far fetched and almost wacko to consider but considering the list of the dead 6 and 7 years old for the vast majority I can not help but wonder how else to explain what happened there , seems the craziest , evil and most demented individuals even have more sense than to go after babies when they could have just as easily taken out people a few years older ( not that , that is any better as an end result ) ...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TRUT...14_224x126.jpg

brain invaders

seems far fetched but after watching the entire episode I am not as sure that it is a hoax as I once was ... the last 25 min is more convincing than the first half of the show makes you skeptical ... not saying but just saying
    Hey I seen that last night, kinda scary if they can do it and target individuals like that. May explain how the chosen one got himself re elected.

Now if you'll excuse me my balls are tingling.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!