Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN commentator Rob Parker questions RG III's blackness.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: ESPN commentator Rob Parker questions RG III's blackness.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...cial-politics/Pretty good column from Juan Williams
    Thanks for posting NC!

The more I learn of R.G.III the more I like him.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...d-espn-30-days

Suspended 30 days. I'll bet with full pay. He's got them over a barrell because they quite likely knew what he was going to say before he said it. Nothing but a face saving gesture by ESPN.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...d-espn-30-days

Suspended 30 days. I'll bet with full pay. He's got them over a barrell because they quite likely knew what he was going to say before he said it. Nothing but a face saving gesture by ESPN.
    And to think a white guy was fired for saying WAY WAY less than that about McNabb.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

http://gothamist.com/2012/02/22/chin...t_fired_es.php

If Parker was white he would have been fired.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Figures Disney Channel II would take the chickenshit way out. They should have canned his ass a month ago.

Says ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys, in a statement: "Rob Parker's contract expired at year's end. Evaluating his work and our needs, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew his deal."

ESPN had no further comment.
    Read more: ESPN Doesn't Renew Parker's Contract

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Figures Disney Channel II would take the chickenshit way out. They should have canned his ass a month ago.

Read more: ESPN Doesn't Renew Parker's Contract
    ESPN lost any credibility it had on this subject when it replayed Parkers' original comments on the best of First Take, before the public outrage.

As for Parker, this guy makes Paris Hilton look like a Phi Beta Kappa. I mean how stupid do you have to be to, while still on suspension, give a defense of your comments?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    ESPN lost any credibility it had on this subject when it replayed Parkers' original comments on the best of First Take, before the public outrage.
    Not to mention falling all over themselves to apologize for comments Brent Musburger made which weren't in the least bit offensive.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Not to mention falling all over themselves to apologize for comments Brent Musburger made which weren't in the least bit offensive.

Yea, PC gone mad...calling a woman beautiful and lovely is just terrible isn't it, how dare he

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    ...calling a woman beautiful and lovely is just terrible isn't it, how dare he
    Damn straight! Nobody had better call me beautiful and lovely or there's gonna be hell to pay! I can't even begin to tell you how offensive that would be. Ooooooh, it makes me so mad. I dares ya to try it! I triple dog dares ya to call me that!

Please? :-)

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    Damn straight! Nobody had better call me beautiful and lovely or there's gonna be hell to pay! I can't even begin to tell you how offensive that would be. Ooooooh, it makes me so mad. I dares ya to try it! I triple dog dares ya to call me that!

But you are a Steelers fan and that instantly makes you beautiful and lovely and you can't change that.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

My biggest disappointment there is that it didn't end up getting Mushmouth fired. We have to listen to him another year.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post

Hey beautiful, how you doin'?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah apparently complimenting girl and calling her good-looking is worse than questioning the blackness of someone for not being a left-winger and marrying someone who isn't black. Liberalism run amok even in the sports media

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    But you are a Steelers fan and that instantly makes you beautiful and lovely and you can't change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Hey beautiful, how you doin'?

*preens* I'm doing a whole lot better now, thanks. Funny what a little shameless begging can do. Thanks to you both - I would have looked pretty horrible if no one replied (a real possiblity) and felt even worse. A Thank You rep to you both for saving me from that horror - mwah!

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Wow.
    Just wow.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!