Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here, have another Wallace thread... this time he admits to lacking concentration...

Banned Array title="jb500ex will become famous soon enough">

Re: Here, have another Wallace thread... this time he admits to lacking concentration

Quote Originally Posted by FAB802 View Post
    He's already caught more touchdowns that Nehemiah and Alvin Harper did combined in their careers so those comparisons are ridiculous. He doesn't deserve Calvin Johnson money, but he isn't some second tier talent either. He needs to shut up and play football.
    he absolutely is a 2nd tier wr.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Here, have another Wallace thread... this time he admits to lacking concentration

Quote Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
    alvin harper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodt View Post
    i meant bust as in he probably won't finish his career in the black and gold.
    lol what in the heck is that? sometimes you just need to concede that you dont know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Junior Member Array title="FAB802 is an unknown quantity at this point"> FAB802's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
    he absolutely is a 2nd tier wr.
    He has scored 29 touchdowns, Andre Johnson has scored 22 in the same time frame. Is he a second tier receiver too? Larry Fitzgerald has 31. The fact is he scores all of those touchdowns without being much of a route runner. He doesn't deserve a ridiculous contract, but he does what the big money receivers do, scores touchdowns.

Senior Member Array title="Dodt is on a distinguished road"> Dodt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    lol what in the heck is that? sometimes you just need to concede that you dont know what you're talking about.
    ok i don't know what i was talking about

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He has scored 29 touchdowns, Andre Johnson has scored 22 in the same time frame. Is he a second tier receiver too? Larry Fitzgerald has 31. The fact is he scores all of those touchdowns without being much of a route runner. He doesn't deserve a ridiculous contract, but he does what the big money receivers do, scores touchdowns.
    Based completely on his 40 time. He isn't worth money nor the headache that comes with it.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

How many TDs does Wallace add that we wouldn't have gotten anyway, and how many are touchdowns that someone else would've caught if there was no Wallace? My guess is he adds 2 or 3 a year from the short passes that he turns into big gains by outrunning everyone. The rest are TDs that would've been scored by the offense in general.

I don't even think a lot of those 40-yard catches are irreplaceable or unique. A lot of receivers get open for those. You don't get open for long bombs because the DB just flat can't keep up with you; or at least that's far from the only way.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Junior Member Array title="FAB802 is an unknown quantity at this point"> FAB802's Avatar

What difference does it make how he scores? I swear Steeler fans turn on their good players faster than any other fanbase out there. You act like that 40 time doesn't mean anything. I have news for you, it means plenty. He's having a down year and has 8 TD's. He could very well end up with 10 for the second time in three years. Do you know how many WR's have caught ten or more touchdowns in a season for the Steelers more than once in their history? Two. Lynn Swann and Hines Ward.

Here are some names of guys who have as many or more drops this year than Wallace. Victor Cruz(10), Calvin Johnson(8), Demaryius Thomas(8), Brandon Marshall(7), Reggie Wayne(7), Wes Welker(7), Julio Jones(6), Jordy Nelson(6). Wallace also had 6 going into today. Receivers drop passes.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

What difference does it make how he scores? I swear Steeler fans turn on their good players faster than any other fanbase out there. You act like that 40 time doesn't mean anything. I have news for you, it means plenty. He's having a down year and has 8 TD's. He could very well end up with 10 for the second time in three years. Do you know how many WR's have caught ten or more touchdowns in a season for the Steelers more than once in their history? Two. Lynn Swann and Hines Ward.

Here are some names of guys who have as many or more drops this year than Wallace. Victor Cruz(10), Calvin Johnson(8), Demaryius Thomas(8), Brandon Marshall(7), Reggie Wayne(7), Wes Welker(7), Julio Jones(6), Jordy Nelson(6). Wallace also had 6 going into today. Receivers drop passes.
    I think that honor belongs to Philadelphia fans.

There isn't that much of a difference. Every fan base has fans who want players/coaches gone after every loss. All I can speak on is the Steeler fans I see on here, or in the bar and every other message board out there.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

14 more receptions for a career high...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Well let's see in that time frame Andre Johnson is having an injury plagued 2 years, only play 20 of 32 games and Fitz??? we all know where he plays and the QB carousel that throws him the ball, hardly fair comparisons.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

Good post!

I think Wallace makes this team better, unfortunately due salary cap problems I don't see us re-signing him. He is the only one of our WR's who actually scores TD's.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Its nice to see wallace actually getting some love, not only does he catch tds but man does the guy get open. He has had his worst year with drops but its in line with alot of the top guys. If a down year for this guy means 70 catches 900yds and 10 tds im on board.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Wallace was in position to make a big play for the offense early in the game with San Diego leading, 3-0, but a deep pass from Ben Roethlisberger glanced off his fingertips after he got behind cornerback Quentin Jammer near midfield.
    At the very least, a reception would have changed field position. If Wallace had caught the pass and kept his feet he would have scored to give the Steelers the lead.
    "I have to catch that," he said. "That's all there is to it. Ben gave me a shot and I have to come up with it."
    Wallace did not leave his feet in his attempt to catch the pass.
    "I was just thinking extend and try to get the ball," he said. "Maybe I should have kept pumping and running through it. I don't know. I have to watch the film. All I know is I didn't make the play."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2EeIbZOif
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

leave his feet ??? the ball was thrown over the wrong shoulder, it was a really tough catch. Is it it a play we would like him to make, sure but a deep ball over the wrong should and off the finger tips is a pretty tough play. Lets not forget the guy did make 7 catches in this game 2 for tds and some were some tough plays with defenders in his face.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    leave his feet ??? the ball was thrown over the wrong shoulder, it was a really tough catch. Is it it a play we would like him to make, sure but a deep ball over the wrong should and off the finger tips is a pretty tough play. Lets not forget the guy did make 7 catches in this game 2 for tds and some were some tough plays with defenders in his face.
    Those were his words not mine. And great receivers adjust to the ball in the air. Lynn Swann or John Stallworth make that catch virtually every time.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Banned Array title="jb500ex will become famous soon enough">

He is a great garbage time player. All the top tier guys rack up their stats when the game is over Pay the
    man top money and lets give timmons another raise while we're at it. Both are great

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I watch all steelers games and am completely amazed that Wallace's stats read as good as they do. I just don't see it onthe field. Yes, he makes the team better. BUT he doesn't attack he ball which often turns into picks, he OFTEN makes his most critical drops and mistakes when we really need the play . I'd resign him mostly because he's not even peaked ability yet, but I would not give the house away to do it. You want your great WRs to be the guy you look to at critical moments to make the play, seems Ben looks to Brown in those moments and then goes deep to wallace on the next play
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Well let's see in that time frame Andre Johnson is having an injury plagued 2 years, only play 20 of 32 games and Fitz??? we all know where he plays and the QB carousel that throws him the ball, hardly fair comparisons.
    Johnson being injury prone is a factor, if he can't stay on the field in my opinion it affects his value as a player. It's unfotunate that Fitzgerald has lousy quarterbacks throwing to him right now, but he isn't the first elite receiver to have that problem. I think Wallace has some work to do on his intermediate route running and judging the ball in the air like that first long pass. Crazy thing is even with those issues he puts points on the board. If someone can get the light to go on he will be ridiculous. I'm not sure the Steelers can afford him, but make no mistake he will be missed if he leaves.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Andre Johnson has multiple 200-yard games this year....how many does Wallace have in his career? Not to mention Johnson has a couple game-winning catches, one from 48 yards in overtime. I wouldn't mention Wallace anywhere near him, even if he does ride the bench.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

why on earth would you be piling on wallace after that shit show of a game? brown was useless the entire game. Hell he was less than useless with his screw loosing in the endzone. they were both fucking idiots. at least wallace didnt cost us an additional score. and added 2 of his own that were both difficult snags. Brown dropped 2 HUGE should-have-been catches, failed to keep his feet in bounds on another, and got lazy on another intermediate passing route by giving up and just trying to get a flag. Brown gets a free pass for killing 3-4 promising drives? Lol. All wallace did is concede to his mistake. Why would you ever get pissed at a player for that? What do you expect him to do, deny he did anything wrong and say it was everyone elses fault? Double standards: They tell you a lot about who's passing fair judgement and who's just trying to rag the hell out of a player for several months and counting. Brown never even gets close to making the long reception. He's always several yards away from even being able to make the catch. Imagine if he held out, there would be hell to pay

Youd have to be pretty damn looney to get to the point where you WANT to see some of your own players fail just because you dislike them so much. Yeah we all get frustrated with our own players but surely we support their performance for the good of the team?

Dont let your hate for one player blind you. No one gets a free pass
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

And the "Great Wallace Debate" rages on...and on...and on...

Do you get points for 200 yards? Name another receiver on his team. He's not sharing the field with Antonio Brown and Heath Miller. He's got Daniels who's decent when he can get on the field and a bunch of nobody's around him. I'm not saying Wallace is a better receiver, I'm saying he is important to this offense.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    why on earth would you be piling on wallace after that shit show of a game? brown was useless the entire game. Hell he was less than useless with his screw loosing in the endzone. they were both fucking idiots. at least wallace didnt cost us an additional score. and added 2 of his own that were both difficult snags. Brown dropped 2 HUGE should-have-been catches, failed to keep his feet in bounds on another, and got lazy on another intermediate passing route by giving up and just trying to get a flag. Brown gets a free pass for killing 3-4 promising drives? Lol. All wallace did is concede to his mistake. Why would you ever get pissed at a player for that? What do you expect him to do, deny he did anything wrong and say it was everyone elses fault? Double standards: They tell you a lot about who's passing fair judgement and who's just trying to rag the hell out of a player for several months and counting. Brown never even gets close to making the long reception. He's always several yards away from even being able to make the catch. Imagine if he held out, there would be hell to pay

Youd have to be pretty damn looney to get to the point where you WANT to see some of your own players fail just because you dislike them so much. Yeah we all get frustrated with our own players but surely we support their performance for the good of the team?

Dont let your hate for one player blind you. No one gets a free pass
    Amen. AB had a terrible game as well, and he was on my Goat list along with Wallace.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Great post

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar

I do Hate the coment he made about lack of concentration if he doesn't get ball early but it amazes me how people keep piling on him even when he had 2 tds and over 100 yards they call it garbage time I understand what your saying but the game is 60 mins so what if were up by 20 and we score again thats also garbage time. Seahawks won by 50+ yesterday so all those stats are garbage time I guess

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It makes plenty of difference how he scores. If the offense drives the ball to the 10 and then Wallace catches a touchdown pass, that's probably a touchdown that most receivers could've caught. In other words, production that's easily replaced. If Wallace makes a play that nobody else on the team could, then it's another story. And I see Wallace making fewer and fewer of those types of plays.

Fact is, we've been remarkably consistent in scoring about 20-25 passing touchdowns and 10-15 rushing touchdowns every year for the past 10 years, the one exception being 2007, when we had 32 passing TDs and was also the only year of single-digit rushing TDs. It hasn't mattered who the receivers are. One of them leaves or has an off year, somebody else catches those TD passes. It's mattered a lot who the quarterback is - if you go back to the Stewart/Tomczak years, we get about 10 less passing TDs across the board with only a couple more rushing TDs.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

This is getting ridiculous to me now where saying it makes a difference how he scores, what about ben he throws a 40 yd pass to Wallace td, then he throws a 1 yd pass to brown which pass is better? Come on a td is a td

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    This is getting ridiculous to me now where saying it makes a difference how he scores, what about ben he throws a 40 yd pass to Wallace td, then he throws a 1 yd pass to brown which pass is better? Come on a td is a td
    see above.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Its nice to see wallace actually getting some love, not only does he catch tds but man does the guy get open. He has had his worst year with drops but its in line with alot of the top guys. If a down year for this guy means 70 catches 900yds and 10 tds im on board.
    Based strictly on his 40 time only. Take his 40 time away and he is completely useless. He is easily replaced by another fast WR at a far cheaper price.

leave his feet ??? the ball was thrown over the wrong shoulder, it was a really tough catch
    It's not a tough catch. Especially for someone who wants $10,000,000.

Lets not forget the guy did make 7 catches in this game 2 for tds
    In garbage time
    Hater = Realist