Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 240 of 240

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

  1. #211
    Dwinsgames
    Guest

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I am not ignoring anything. You on the other hand ignore his many faults. He is simply a WR who can run fast, that's it. He offers nothing else. You know this to be true because you willfully refuse to answer what he brings besides his 40 time.

    How do you feel about a player who chooses not to try? Haynesworth put up good stats. Should the Steelers sign him for a huge contract?

    Wallace is on course to have 832 yards and 8 TDs this year. Is that worth $10,000,000 a season?
    those projected numbers are very much like what Plax put up with the Jets and Sanchez throwing to him , his door did not get beat down in FA and he is now on our roster playing for a song and a dance ....

    dam think what Plax could have done with Ben throwing to him and running a 4.25 -40 ( or whatever it is Wallace says he runs )



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I already pointed it out:

    1. he gets open
    2. he makes alot of catches
    3. he gains alot of yards
    4. he scores
    What else would you like him to bring to the table?
    1) EFFORT

    2) willingness to fight for the football when its disputed by a defender

    3) HANDS that can be relied upon

  2. #212
    ® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I already pointed it out:

    1. he gets open
    2. he makes alot of catches
    3. he gains alot of yards
    4. he scores
    What else would you like him to bring to the table?
    1. Same can be said for many, many WRs in the NFL
    2. Because he is targeted over a hundred times. He also drops a lot of pass and gives up on passes.
    3. So do other WRs targeted over a hundred times.
    4. So do other WRs.

    You haven't made a good case for handing over a huge contract. Basically what you are saying is Wallace has two arms and two legs so he is valuable.

    How do you feel about a player who chooses not to try? Haynesworth put up good stats. Should the Steelers sign him for a huge contract?
    Hater = Realist

  3. #213

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Mike Adams his first couple starts was helped almost exclusively by Heath Miller , in fact I recall on more than 1 occasion Miller actually took on the Def End 1 on 1 because Adams went after the DT instead of the end and left Heath hung out to dry but Miller impressed and took the DE out of the play all by himself
    Noone ever said that Miller does not occasionally help out...That is an argument fabricated by Steeldawg after his initial argument about Baron not pass blocking fell apart.

    Those of us who watch the game are all very aware that Heath consistantly blocks on running plays and routinely will assist on certain pass plays.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  4. #214

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    You are such a bs artist your arguement was the steelers use batch specifically for pass protection to help mike adams and that heath miller is not used in pass protection and its completely false. .
    No one ever said that. You lost your arguement and your deflecting.

    As far as my being a BS artist....I will let the personal attack slide just this once since I also let you get under my skin and debated through emotion. I'll refrain from doing so...

    ....but the next time you resort to name calling ...it wont be a warning.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  5. #215
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    No one ever said that. You lost your arguement and your deflecting.

    As far as my being a BS artist....I will let the personal attack slide just this once since I also let you get under my skin and debated through emotion. I'll refrain from doing so...

    ....but the next time you resort to name calling ...it wont be a warning.
    Come on, don't go hard on the dude. It's just a stuck argument. I'd hate to see someone go over something like this.

    I mean, if you're mad about name-calling, think about how tame it is in comparison to one certain guy ...

    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  6. #216

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Come on, don't go hard on the dude. It's just a stuck argument. I'd hate to see someone go over something like this.

    I mean, if you're mad about name-calling, think about how tame it is in comparison to one certain guy ...

    Not going hard on him...but want to nip the name calling before it starts.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  7. #217
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    I know, but .. do you know how hard it is to paint with bullshit? I can't do it. I can't even paint with regular paint. I think it's a compliment, man. You're an artist. Like this guy:





    wait. I'm drunk again, aren't I?
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  8. #218

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I know, but .. do you know how hard it is to paint with bullshit? I can't do it. I can't even paint with regular paint. I think it's a compliment, man. You're an artist. Like this guy:





    wait. I'm drunk again, aren't I?
    LOL...youre not right.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  9. #219
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO, MAN? HE TOTALLY RUINS HER HAIR WITH THAT HIDEOUS PURPLE AT 8:20! YOU DON'T DO THAT TO MIKU!
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  10. #220
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Noone ever said that Miller does not occasionally help out...That is an argument fabricated by Steeldawg after his initial argument about Baron not pass blocking fell apart.

    Those of us who watch the game are all very aware that Heath consistantly blocks on running plays and routinely will assist on certain pass plays.
    You have totally ignored my arguement, again i didnt say baron batch never blocks or couldnt block, how many times do i have to post that!!!! Im not deflecting, the fact is since mike adams has come in the game most of his pass blocking help has been coming from heath miller and even some from paulson. Did baron batch play in some pass protection, yes but its not like the steelers said mike adams is in i guess we have send in our specialist baron batch to help in pass protection. You drasitically overstated the worth of baron batch, The guy hardly got on the field and was never part of any gameplan except when the position was decimated by injury. Really "bs artist" is an attack lol ok i guess i will tone it down. Also i never said i couldnt find an article on batch blocking what i said was i couldnt find an article of batch being specifically called upon to help mike adams, but i certainly could find articles for heath miller. Ive won this arguement 10 times over which is why you have simply resorted to saying "your deflecting".

  11. #221

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    You have totally ignored my arguement, again i didnt say baron batch never blocks or couldnt block, how many times do i have to post that!!!!.
    Here is my original statement...Which you chose to attack. The one in which you claim I "Over emphasized" Barons contributions.

    Batch is easily our best blocking RB and has been used over and over again to help Adams on the right side with speed rushers
    Do you NOW agree or disagree with it?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  12. #222

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    . Also i never said i couldnt find an article on batch blocking ".
    Really?

    Originally posted by steeldawg

    I cannot find one article or blog talking about barob batch's superb blocking skills or the fact the steelers bring him in on specific downs for pass protection..
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  13. #223
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Really?
    yes really theytalk about him doing a decent job while he was in on few plays nothing about him being the best blocker or him being specifically used in any scheme. No i dont agree with him being the best blocker and he was hardly used over there "over and over again" would imply we use him consistently, which we dont. Again batch was taking up a roster spot that we needed for other positions, he was not valuable, on his best day he would be mediocre so it was an easy decision sending him to the practice squad.

  14. #224
    Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    8,678

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    8 pages of posts back and forth about a 4th / 5th receiver we picked up in a pinch for peanuts? lol.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

  15. #225
    1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Posts
    18,009

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    It just amazes me all the back and forth about a 4th / 5th receiver we picked up in a pinch for peanuts.
    The funny thing is it is not even about Burress.

  16. #226
    Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    8,678

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The funny thing is it is not even about Burress.
    I guess I would have known that if I had read the posts.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

  17. #227
    One bad JuJu Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute"> 43Hitman's Avatar
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Va
    Gender
    Posts
    6,848

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I know, but .. do you know how hard it is to paint with bullshit? I can't do it. I can't even paint with regular paint. I think it's a compliment, man. You're an artist. Like this guy:





    wait. I'm drunk again, aren't I?
    Well played sir. Very well played.






  18. #228
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    16,569

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The funny thing is it is not even about Burress.



  19. #229
    Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    yes really theytalk about him doing a decent job while he was in on few plays nothing about him being the best blocker or him being specifically used in any scheme. No i dont agree with him being the best blocker and he was hardly used over there "over and over again" would imply we use him consistently, which we dont. Again batch was taking up a roster spot that we needed for other positions, he was not valuable, on his best day he would be mediocre so it was an easy decision sending him to the practice squad.
    What the hell is wrong with you? You can't even keep your own statements straight. I'm not trying to attack you, but come on man, your posts are absolutely ridiculous. LLT just showed two of your posts contradicting themselves and you DEFLECT again as you always do. Do you even actually believe anything you write?
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

  20. #230
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you? You can't even keep your own statements straight. I'm not trying to attack you, but come on man, your posts are absolutely ridiculous. LLT just showed two of your posts contradicting themselves and you DEFLECT again as you always do. Do you even actually believe anything you write?
    how did i contradict myself, the articles did not talk about batch being brought in specifically to help mike adams in passing situations. And the other None of thge articles or anyone in the steelers organization has declared baron batch our best blocking rb or explains how he is used "over and over" to help mike adams. There is no contradiction there, baron batch still hardly got on feild, was not involved in any schemes that were specifically for baron batch in pass protection, and heath miller still is the main guy being used to help out mike adams.

  21. #231

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    how did i contradict myself, the articles did not talk about batch being brought in specifically to help mike adams in passing situations. And the other None of thge articles or anyone in the steelers organization has declared baron batch our best blocking rb or explains how he is used "over and over" to help mike adams. There is no contradiction there, baron batch still hardly got on feild, was not involved in any schemes that were specifically for baron batch in pass protection, and heath miller still is the main guy being used to help out mike adams.
    Dude...you make statements that contradict each other. When called out on them...or on your outright false statements...you attempt to build a strawman through semantics and deflection.

    There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who seem smart because of their indisputable logic....and those who attempt to look smart by being condescending, when lacking the ability present a logical argument.

    You are doing yourself no favors on this board with the way you choose to debate....it doesnt come across as knowledable...it doesnt come across as logical....it just makes you look like someone who wishes to stand on a busy street with a sign that screams "NOTICE ME"!

    Take a step back and think about what you want from this board....then join in the debates without attitude or condescending statements.

    Heck...you make some good points...but they are lost in the pile of deflection and contradictions that you spoon out every day.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  22. #232
    Dwinsgames
    Guest

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress


  23. #233
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Dude...you make statements that contradict each other. When called out on them...or on your outright false statements...you attempt to build a strawman through semantics and deflection.

    There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who seem smart because of their indisputable logic....and those who attempt to look smart by being condescending, when lacking the ability present a logical argument.

    You are doing yourself no favors on this board with the way you choose to debate....it doesnt come across as knowledable...it doesnt come across as logical....it just makes you look like someone who wishes to stand on a busy street with a sign that screams "NOTICE ME"!

    Take a step back and think about what you want from this board....then join in the debates without attitude or condescending statements.

    Heck...you make some good points...but they are lost in the pile of deflection and contradictions that you spoon out every day.
    I still see no contradictions or deflections not one my arguement has remained the same, where did my arguement change?

  24. #234
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I still see no contradictions or deflections not one my arguement has remained the same, where did my arguement change?
    What in my arguement is not logical?? Please answer this question for me??? I dont want anything from this board i simply put my opinion on here and get attacked. If my opinions are full of contradictions and deflection then why does everyone know what my positions are on certain players???? I dont seek the attention or approval of anyone on this board nor do i care if you think im knowledgable, who are you to judge whos opinion is knowledgable and whos isnt. You all seem too think i care what you think, lets get this straight i dont know you and you dont know me so dont lecture me on what type of person i am or what types of people there are in this world. Ive kept my football debates about football, on the other hand ive been called a "fucking moron" a "joke" everytime i prove my point or back it up with a source im told im deflecting or contradicting myself, so who really cares what anyone thinks here i come to debate football and sometimes politics.

  25. #235
    Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    What in my arguement is not logical?? Please answer this question for me??? I dont want anything from this board i simply put my opinion on here and get attacked. If my opinions are full of contradictions and deflection then why does everyone know what my positions are on certain players???? I dont seek the attention or approval of anyone on this board nor do i care if you think im knowledgable, who are you to judge whos opinion is knowledgable and whos isnt. You all seem too think i care what you think, lets get this straight i dont know you and you dont know me so dont lecture me on what type of person i am or what types of people there are in this world. Ive kept my football debates about football, on the other hand ive been called a "fucking moron" a "joke" everytime i prove my point or back it up with a source im told im deflecting or contradicting myself, so who really cares what anyone thinks here i come to debate football and sometimes politics.
    If you don't care what anyone else thinks why post on a message board? You frustrate me to no end with illogical and unreasonable arguments. And it appears you do the same to everyone else. Do you really think there are just that many assholes here trying to single you out? Even you have to admit that after a certain number of people call you out for the same things there is some truth to it.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

  26. #236
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    If you don't care what anyone else thinks why post on a message board? You frustrate me to no end with illogical and unreasonable arguments. And it appears you do the same to everyone else. Do you really think there are just that many assholes here trying to single you out? Even you have to admit that after a certain number of people call you out for the same things there is some truth to it.

    A number of people?? Really its illogical to post on a message board if i dont care what anyone thinks?? Why is that illogical and unreasonable?? No you and steeldude are the only ones, you chase me around every thread making no point and when i prove you wrong you go into name calling mode and your so badly wanting people to rally behind u on here you are just lumping everyone into this board vs. steeldawg. You lost your arguement, you tried to change my quote, you tried name calling, and now your trying for mutiny get off my nuts bro!!

  27. #237
    Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Posts
    5,483

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Starting to get personal guys. I'll be damned if I start editing post, but I will close a thread if I have to. Please help me out.

    AML

  28. #238
    Dwinsgames
    Guest

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    this is one of those arguments that will never end , nobody is going to give in ( even once they realize they are wrong ) they have far to much time and effort involved trying to prove otherwise ....

    it just might be time for the old " agree to disagree " line to come out but then again we probably won't see that either because that may feel like defeat

  29. #239
    Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    this is one of those arguments that will never end , nobody is going to give in ( even once they realize they are wrong ) they have far to much time and effort involved trying to prove otherwise ....

    it just might be time for the old " agree to disagree " line to come out but then again we probably won't see that either because that may feel like defeat
    I have already accepted the fact we are not going to agree its gotten to the point now that every thread i go into i get attacked with same crap.

  30. #240
    ® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Whatever man i gave you the same answer like 3 times 3 different ways but i understand you need your hand held its ok.
    Whether the pass is accurate or not, shouldn't all NFL WRs at least try to out jump DBs for the ball? You say Wallace has a 40" vertical. So why not use it to his advantage? If I am going to pay a WR $10,000,000 a season I expect him to fight for all passes, not watch the DBs take them away.
    Hater = Realist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •