Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    No he doesnt or they wouldnt of cut him, he only averages 2 yards per carry and most of the time its heath miller helping adams which is evident in the drop in heaths numbers since gilbert went down. Acknowledge what on special teams what has he done? If the steelers thought they needed him to pass block or on special teams they would not of cut him, but they did cut him because they wanted the roster spot for a team need not a fifth stringer.
    Wow....where to start?

1) On pass plays....you think its Miller...the tight end...who is helping with the majority of the blocks? Thats probably not worth commenting on...but here goes. Millers numbers are NOT down because he is a blocking on passing downs....but rather because BEN'S numbers are down since Gilbert was injured. Before the injury Ben averaged 297.4 yards a game..and after the injury it has dropped to 238.4 yards a game. Miller is not blocking on the majority of pass plays...HE IS GOING OUT TO CATCH PASSES.

2) The facts are that Baron is brought in on specific pass plays to help block speed rushers that the tackles are having problems with. He has been recognized as a a great blocker since his first training camp. Furthermore, To say that he is a "fifth stringer" shows a lack of understanding about pro backfields. A third down back is a specialized position...and to call a third down back a "fifth stringer is pretty simplistic. Besides...on the official steelers depth chart list, he is listed above Rainey. He has more touches than Rainey. He has played more special teams plays than Rainey.

3) Baron was sent to the practice squad for OBVIOUS reasons. The coaches are not very concerned with the Browns #23 ranked defense, which has not produced a legitimate pass rush all season. Also take into consideration that we are starting Charlie Batch, and we will put more emphasis on the run. All this points towards our being able to afford to sit Baron out this game.

The reason so many members get upset with your posts...is because of what you are doing right now. Being condescending ...without legitimate facts. I appreciate a good debate....but please dont just throw up baseless and factless comments and expect us to believe you are enlightened to something that the rest of us "dont get".
    Last edited by LLT; 11-24-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

burress is not going to open the offense up, hes not a deep a threat or a guy who draws double teams. I also think we will resign wallace.
    You are still dodging questions. It seems you can't handle more than one question. I'll just ask the one question you have avoided answering about a dozen times. What does Wallace bring besides his 40 time?

Fyi, if the Steelers send Burress on a post pattern he will most likely receive attention from the safety. This goes for pretty much any WR. You have it in your head that only Wallace receives double-teams. He doesn't receive as many double-teams as you think.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Wow....where to start?

1) On pass plays....you think its Miller...the tight end...who is helping with the majority of the blocks? Thats probably not worth commenting on...but here goes. Millers numbers are NOT down because he is a blocking on passing downs....but rather because BEN'S numbers are down since Gilbert was injured. Before the injury Ben averaged 297.4 yards a game..and after the injury it has dropped to 238.4 yards a game. Miller is not blocking on the majority of pass plays...HE IS GOING OUT TO CATCH PASSES.

2) The facts are that Baron is brought in on specific pass plays to help block speed rushers that the tackles are having problems with. He has been recognized as a a great blocker since his first training camp. Furthermore, To say that he is a "fifth stringer" shows a lack of understanding about pro backfields. A third down back is a specialized position...and to call a third down back a "fifth stringer is pretty simplistic. Besides...on the official steelers depth chart list, he is listed above Rainey. He has more touches than Rainey. He has played more special teams plays than Rainey.

3) Baron was sent to the practice squad for OBVIOUS reasons. The coaches are not very concerned with the Browns #23 ranked defense, which has not produced a legitimate pass rush all season. Also take into consideration that we are starting Charlie Batch, and we will put more emphasis on the run. All this points towards our being able to afford to sit Baron out this game.

The reason so many members get upset with your posts...is because of what you are doing right now. Being condescending ...without legitimate facts. I appreciate a good debate....but please dont just throw up baseless and factless comments and expect us to believe you are enlightened to something that the rest of us "dont get".

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...fense/12248101

http://www.970espn.com/pages/sports_...ticle=10586312
    http://blackngoldblitz.blogspot.com/

Why dont you start with what is actually happening on the field, I cannot find one article or blog talking about barob batch's superb blocking skills or the fact the steelers bring him in on specific downs for pass protection. The facts are there, and you have given me nothing to support your claim that batch is the best blocking rb on the team or the that steelers even need him at all in pass protection. You are the one who is condescending, and baron batch was sent to the practice squad because hes expendable plain and simple, teams do not not send guys to the practice squad who they rely on in pass protection thats absolutely ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    You are still dodging questions. It seems you can't handle more than one question. I'll just ask the one question you have avoided answering about a dozen times. What does Wallace bring besides his 40 time?

Fyi, if the Steelers send Burress on a post pattern he will most likely receive attention from the safety. This goes for pretty much any WR. You have it in your head that only Wallace receives double-teams. He doesn't receive as many double-teams as you think.
    He gets open makes catches and scores what else do you want. No if you read his post he said burress would draw double teams to open things up for brown and sanders when wallace goes to oakland. Yes wallace receives a ton of double teams, teams contantly roll coverage over the top of wallace.

Wow....where to start?

Its not a lack of understanding, hes a fifth stringer, the only reason the depth chart was like that is because rainey was listed as primarily a 3rd down back, batch is listed below dwyer because he can run as an everydown back not rainey. The only reason batch has more touches than rainey is because we wewre decimated at rb, if not for that the guy would never see the field. Rainey is used for specific reasons on offense not to be used as an everydown back, also if you count raineys touches in the return game its not even close. Im not saying rainey is a better running back than batch but he certainly is much more dangerous and much more worthy of a roster spot than batch. So really it comes down to we had 5 rbs we needed a roster spot so we waived the guy we didnt need and that was batch.

He gets open makes catches and scores what else do you want. No if you read his post he said burress would draw double teams to open things up for brown and sanders when wallace goes to oakland. Yes wallace receives a ton of double teams, teams contantly roll coverage over the top of wallace.
    Many, many WRs routinely get open and find cracks. Many WRs receive extra attention from the safety on deep routes. I am asking you what does he bring to the table besides his 40 time. With the amount of time you spend defending Wallace you would think you would be able to answer that question without a problem, but so far you have come up empty.

Where do you get this misconception that Wallace is the only WR on the Steelers to receive double-teams? Again, you are attributing his double teams to his 40 time. If that's all he brings then why pay him a huge salary? You bring up production, but that is not a good argument for Wallace. Look at the offense the Steelers run with Haley compared to Arians. How is Wallace's production? Why not find a cheaper WR with a good 40 time to take his place?
    Hater = Realist

Many, many WRs routinely get open and find cracks. Many WRs receive extra attention from the safety on deep routes. I am asking you what does he bring to the table besides his 40 time. With the amount of time you spend defending Wallace you would think you would be able to answer that question without a problem, but so far you have come up empty.

Where do you get this misconception that Wallace is the only WR on the Steelers to receive double-teams? Again, you are attributing his double teams to his 40 time. If that's all he brings then why pay him a huge salary? You bring up production, but that is not a good argument for Wallace. Look at the offense the Steelers run with Haley compared to Arians. How is Wallace's production? Why not find a cheaper WR with a good 40 time to take his place?
    HE Scores tds he stretches defenses he has great speed he catches alot of passes what else do you want him to bring????? Its really a simple answer to your simple question you just keep ignoring it. Wallaces production is pretty good in haleys offense, if you want to go off that why keep brown? why keep sanders? 10 mil a year is not a huge salary according to his production!!!!! Im done arguing with you about it, look at the numbers they are staring you in the face and players putting up similar often less production are getting paid in that pay range, its the market value. Ya just go out and find a receiver with a good 40 time because we know nfl wideouts with good 40 times are hard to find. There is no substitute for a guy who can find the endzone i dont care what you say its the same difference between an average db and a db with nose for the ball.

HE Scores tds he stretches defenses he has great speed he catches alot of passes what else do you want him to bring????? Its really a simple answer to your simple question you just keep ignoring it. Wallaces production is pretty good in haleys offense, if you want to go off that why keep brown? why keep sanders? 10 mil a year is not a huge salary according to his production!!!!! Im done arguing with you about it, look at the numbers they are staring you in the face and players putting up similar often less production are getting paid in that pay range, its the market value. Ya just go out and find a receiver with a good 40 time because we know nfl wideouts with good 40 times are hard to find. There is no substitute for a guy who can find the endzone i dont care what you say its the same difference between an average db and a db with nose for the ball.

Again, you are bringing up his 40 time. Nate Washington stretched defenses too. Others WRs also catch a lot of passes, but Wallace has average to poor hands. Many WRs score TDs. We also see Wallace drop easy TD passes too. Do recall my statement on number of targets and it affects a WR's production. The problem with Wallace is he scheduled to have 10 more targets this year, but his stats are lower.

If it's so easy to answer then why haven't you been able to come up with an answer.

Wallaces production is pretty good in haleys offense, if you want to go off that why keep brown
    My argument isn't production. That's your argument. My argument is the worth of what a WR brings and how it affects the cap. Wallace's production the last few years was a result of BR running around for 8 seconds under Arians' absurd offensive scheme.

As for Brown, he is a well-rounded WR. Good hands; good speed; good agility; good routes; isn't shy across the middle; puts forth effort can return punts/kicks; good fundamentals.

10 mil a year is not a huge salary according to his production
    Again, there is this thing called the cap. You willfully forget about it. $10 million for a WR who only has a good 40 time is not a good deal. Especially when you consider he doesn't try at times. I am still upset at how he didn't even put forth any effort to grab the 3rd pass to keep the Steelers last drive going. He couldn't shuffle one foot a few inches forward. Earlier in the game he didn't make the slightest attempt at trying to grab the lass that hit the DB in the back. He would have drawn a PI penalty if he did. What does Wallace do after the play? He laughs. Yeah, let's fork over $10 million to that guy. Could you imagine how poor his effort would be when/if he signs a huge contract?

look at the numbers they are staring you in the face
    I looked at them. I showed you how his production is now falling. Shouldn't his production be going up due to this being his contract year?

Im done arguing with you about it
    What you mean is you can't think of any valid reason to pay Wallace other than his 40 time.
    Hater = Realist

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I personally think that Pope is the biggest waste of a roster slot. Terrible on ST's ...subpar blocker...and has 2 receptions for 8 yards.
    This!

Again, you are bringing up his 40 time. Nate Washington stretched defenses too. Others WRs also catch a lot of passes, but Wallace has average to poor hands. Many WRs score TDs. We also see Wallace drop easy TD passes too. Do recall my statement on number of targets and it affects a WR's production. The problem with Wallace is he scheduled to have 10 more targets this year, but his stats are lower.

If it's so easy to answer then why haven't you been able to come up with an answer.

My argument isn't production. That's your argument. My argument is the worth of what a WR brings and how it affects the cap. Wallace's production the last few years was a result of BR running around for 8 seconds under Arians' absurd offensive scheme.

As for Brown, he is a well-rounded WR. Good hands; good speed; good agility; good routes; isn't shy across the middle; puts forth effort can return punts/kicks; good fundamentals.

Again, there is this thing called the cap. You willfully forget about it. $10 million for a WR who only has a good 40 time is not a good deal. Especially when you consider he doesn't try at times. I am still upset at how he didn't even put forth any effort to grab the 3rd pass to keep the Steelers last drive going. He couldn't shuffle one foot a few inches forward. Earlier in the game he didn't make the slightest attempt at trying to grab the lass that hit the DB in the back. He would have drawn a PI penalty if he did. What does Wallace do after the play? He laughs. Yeah, let's fork over $10 million to that guy. Could you imagine how poor his effort would be when/if he signs a huge contract?

I looked at them. I showed you how his production is now falling. Shouldn't his production be going up due to this being his contract year?

What you mean is you can't think of any valid reason to pay Wallace other than his 40 time.
    Great that all you needed to say " your arguement is not about production" mine is and his production has been very good and thats what determines worth, not 40 times not combines, its what he does on the field and mike wallace has done alot. he led the league as a rookie in yds per catch, hes been to a pro bowl, and again he put up stats through his first 3 seasons that only rice and moss have topped through their first 3 seasons, but all this has been ignored i cant give you more reasons than the guys resume. Antonio brown is a perfect example 5 years 40 mil for REC 127 YDS 1774 YDS per REC 14.0 TDS 3.....but 5 years 50 mil is out of the question for wallace who has REC 217 YDS 3769 YDS pre REC 17.4 tds 30...... Again the numbers are there for a 10 mil a year contract .

Great that all you needed to say " your arguement is not about production" mine is and his production has been very good and thats what determines worth, not 40 times not combines, its what he does on the field and mike wallace has done alot. he led the league as a rookie in yds per catch, hes been to a pro bowl, and again he put up stats through his first 3 seasons that only rice and moss have topped through their first 3 seasons, but all this has been ignored i cant give you more reasons than the guys resume. Antonio brown is a perfect example 5 years 40 mil for REC 127 YDS 1774 YDS per REC 14.0 TDS 3.....but 5 years 50 mil is out of the question for wallace who has REC 217 YDS 3769 YDS pre REC 17.4 tds 30...... Again the numbers are there for a 10 mil a year contract .
    If it's based on production only then he should be let go. Throw another WR the ball 120+ times and he will have numbers too. Remember how Roddy White's numbers went up when his targets were doubled?

Did you actually bring up the Pro Bowl as if it means something?

The only reason you have given for a huge salary increase is to say he is fast. Why not find another fast WR who is cheaper?

its what he does on the field
    Which is run fast, drop passes and give poor effort.

BTW, you forgot to add in Brown's all purpose yards. Do you need me to average out Brown's production by giving him targets equal to Wallace?

Brown is the better all-around WR. He has better all-around skills and he puts forth effort rather than giving up on passes like Wallace.

Explain Wallace's lack of effort and why you think it's a good thing? Also, how did you fall under the assumption that Wallace is the only WR who is doubled going long and that he is the only WR capable of doing it?
    Hater = Realist

Why dont you start with what is actually happening on the field, I cannot find one article or blog talking about barob batch's superb blocking skills or the fact the steelers bring him in on specific downs for pass protection. The facts are there, and you have given me nothing to support your claim that batch is the best blocking rb on the team or the that steelers even need him at all in pass protection. You are the one who is condescending, and baron batch was sent to the practice squad because hes expendable plain and simple, teams do not not send guys to the practice squad who they rely on in pass protection thats absolutely ridiculous.
    Wow...first ...everything that i have stated is suported by the millions of people who WATCH THE GAME...and SEE what is happening.

Secondly....you claim you cant find a ONE article or blog that supports the reality of Baron being our blocking back on pass plays and the best blocker we have out of the backfield?.....really?

Well...it was hard to prove. To find out if Baron Batch is a good blocker ...I had to jump through hoops by googling "Baron Batch blocker". WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!!!

"Baron Batch Not Chris Rainey showing the ability to be a complete third down back"
    http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...wn-back/51321/

Batch Can Block too!
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...d-f9b750ff61ff

Steelers getting "Moore" out of Baron Batch
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...f-baron-batch/

(this one actually has three videos explaining how versatile and important Batch's blocking was during a game)

I actually counted 21 articles on Barons ability to block or his opening up plays with his blocking.

Football isnt an ESPN highlight. Those who watch it as such are going to miss out on players like Batch...Aaron Smith...and all the other players who dont "ooh and aww" with 4.20 speed or simple stats.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Wow...first ...everything that i have stated is suported by the millions of people who WATCH THE GAME...and SEE what is happening.

Secondly....you claim you cant find a ONE article or blog that supports the reality of Baron being our blocking back on pass plays and the best blocker we have out of the backfield?.....really?

Well...it was hard to prove. To find out if Baron Batch is a good blocker ...I had to jump through hoops by googling "Baron Batch blocker". WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!!!

"Baron Batch Not Chris Rainey showing the ability to be a complete third down back"
    http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...wn-back/51321/

Batch Can Block too!
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...d-f9b750ff61ff

Steelers getting "Moore" out of Baron Batch
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...f-baron-batch/

(this one actually has three videos explaining how versatile and important Batch's blocking was during a game)

I actually counted 21 articles on Barons ability to block or his opening up plays with his blocking.

Football isnt an ESPN highlight. Those who watch it as such are going to miss out on players like Batch...Aaron Smith...and all the other players who dont "ooh and aww" with 4.20 speed or simple stats.
    You just posted three articles that were posted before the season started, nothing in regards to the steelers using batch specifically for pass protection or in helping mike wallace. i posted links to what the steelers were actually doing during games.

Wallace drops another pass and puts forth weak effort on the lob which resulted in an INT. Wallace, you are really earning that big contract.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Wallace drops another pass and puts forth weak effort on the lob which resulted in an INT. Wallace, you are really earning that big contract.
    For the first time in a bit...I do not blame Wallace. Batch threw either short or behind him on those plays...well the one would have been a catch had it not hit the Brown in his helmet...but still.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wallace should've come back to the ball and taken it from that double coverage...Elite receivers catch that...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

I somewhat agree that Batch pass was behind him a little but got to make the catch IMO tough catch but got to make it, also the last 3 games were the O needs him he been coming up empty i understand the QB situation but Sanders had been doing his part the last 2 games. To me also i see lack of effort no fight in Wallace maybe i just expect more

You just posted three articles that were posted before the season started, nothing in regards to the steelers using batch specifically for pass protection or in helping mike wallace. i posted links to what the steelers were actually doing during games.
    Really?

Our season started on Sept 9th.

The last article was posted on Sept 19...including three videos of Batch pass blocking from the backfield and an explanantion of why his blocking was essential....all during the Sept 16th Jets game.

Here is a link to our schedule...verifying that the September 16th game did indeed take place after the September 9th opening

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and...-schedule.html
    Last edited by LLT; 11-27-2012 at 04:16 AM.

-- Jack Lambert --

Really?

Our season started on Sept 9th.

The last article was posted on Sept 19...including three videos of Batch pass blocking from the backfield and an explanantion of why his blocking was essential....all during the Sept 16th Jets game.

Here is a link to our schedule...verifying that the September 16th game did indeed take place after the September 9th opening

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and...-schedule.html
    but your talking about one game!!! That does not transalate to them using him specifically to help in pass protection because hes so good, The fact is if he was essential to pass protection we would see him on the field alot more and he would not of gotten waived. Also if you think heath is not being used to help adams your either deliberatly ignoring it or blind.

but your talking about one game!!! That does not transalate to them using him specifically to help in pass protection because hes so good, The fact is if he was essential to pass protection we would see him on the field alot more and he would not of gotten waived. Also if you think heath is not being used to help adams your either deliberatly ignoring it or blind.
    And you are changing the argument everytime you are proven wrong.

You say that Batch was not used to block out of the backfield and does not possess pass blocking skills. You were proven wrong so you changed the argument to say that it cant be proven that he pass blocked during the regular season. You were proven wrong, so now the argument is that it was only "one game"...which is just silly.

You said that Heath is the primary blocking help for Adams on pass plays...you obviously realized that its absurd to say that our Tight End is the primary help on the right side since he is RUNNING PASS ROUTES...so now you try and veil it by trying to make it somehow seem as if I said that Heath doesnt help on the right side.

All of us are well aware that Heath blocks on running plays...and that he even occasionaly blocks on pass plays. The only person who has made any other assertion regarding Heath is you.

Quit creating rabbit trails...quit deflecting...quit trying to change the argument...No one is buying it.

-- Jack Lambert --

Quit creating rabbit trails...quit deflecting...quit trying to change the argument...No one is buying it.
    I went through this with him on Wallace. Each time he is proven wrong or if one of his many excuses are found irrelevant he changes the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wallace should've come back to the ball and taken it from that double coverage...Elite receivers catch that...lol.
    Elite WRs do that or they knock it down.. The ones who aren't elite tend to watch the play and give no effort ala Wallace-style.

Why are you happy with Wallace not putting forth effort? I take it you would like Haynesworth on the team
    Hater = Realist

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

I went through this with him on Wallace. Each time he is proven wrong or if one of his many excuses are found irrelevant he changes the argument.
    I went through this with him on Obama, Wallace and most recently Mendenhall. He pulls bullshit out of his ass when it's convenient - whether it's accurate/relevant or not. IE: Claiming Wallace was double covered the entire game against the Chiefs.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

And you are changing the argument everytime you are proven wrong.

You say that Batch was not used to block out of the backfield and does not possess pass blocking skills. You were proven wrong so you changed the argument to say that it cant be proven that he pass blocked during the regular season. You were proven wrong, so now the argument is that it was only "one game"...which is just silly.

You said that Heath is the primary blocking help for Adams on pass plays...you obviously realized that its absurd to say that our Tight End is the primary help on the right side since he is RUNNING PASS ROUTES...so now you try and veil it by trying to make it somehow seem as if I said that Heath doesnt help on the right side.

All of us are well aware that Heath blocks on running plays...and that he even occasionaly blocks on pass plays. The only person who has made any other assertion regarding Heath is you.

BS my arguement has stayed the same the entire time.....you made the claim that the steelers were using batch to help mike adams because hes easily the best blocking rb on the team, which is absurd. The fact is heath miller has been the one that has been used the most to help mike adams, not batch, whos deflecting ive said the same thing over and over, and heres another link to back up my arguement regarding heath. Quit your crying and back up your arguement of batch being used to help mike adams and miller not being used to help mike adams. nobody is buying you trying to attack me to deflect the attention from the fact you cant prove your arguement.

http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2012/1...-passing-game/

BS my arguement has stayed the same the entire time.....you made the claim that the steelers were using batch to help mike adams because hes easily the best blocking rb on the team, which is absurd. The fact is heath miller has been the one that has been used the most to help mike adams, not batch, whos deflecting ive said the same thing over and over, and heres another link to back up my arguement regarding heath. Quit your crying and back up your arguement of batch being used to help mike adams and miller not being used to help mike adams. nobody is buying you trying to attack me to deflect the attention from the fact you cant prove your arguement.

http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2012/1...-passing-game/
    Crying? LOL....My argument is proven over and over again.....but you keep dodging and ducking.

Now you find a random article about Heath's numbers being down over the last few weeks. An article that doesnt even take into consideration that the MAIN reason Heaths numbers are down is because OUR QUARTERBACK ISNT PLAYING!!!....LOL!!!! Even the most casual of fans can see this.

In contrast:

I showed articles (of which you said you "could not find even one")

I showed actual game tape (Of which you SOMEHOW claimed was preseason)

I proved that it was NOT preseason (Of which you then changed gears and disgarded because it was "one game")

You are not able to admit you're wrong...ever...and your argument HAS changed...that is what the other posters are pointing out.

No one ever said that Heath does not occasionaly block on passing downs, that is an argument that you are using to cover up your original claim that Baron was not a blocking back....the rest of the world has seen Batch blocking in the backfield...and the rest of the world knows that Batch is regarded as a great blocking back...It just shows that you have blinders on and just wish to argue...even when proven wrong.

How many more members have to jump in and say that this is your "M.O."? I guess they are all "crying" also?

You are getting quite the reputation...

I am at the point where I think you actually KNOW better...but have some inherent need to "prove" that you are enlightened, at the expense of the facts.

-- Jack Lambert --

Steeldawg, your entire argument for giving Wallace a huge contract is his 40 time and bloated stats that were a result of Arians' "Throw it long every play" offense. Wallace is on course to have 832 yards and 8 TDs this year. Is that worth $10,000,000 a season? You did say it's all about stats. What is the real reason you credulously support Wallace getting big time money?

I am certainly glad Wallace held out. It's one of the best things that could have happened to the Steelers.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

I am certainly glad Wallace held out. It's one of the best things that could have happened to the Steelers.
    QFT.

Crying? LOL....My argument is proven over and over again.....but you keep dodging and ducking.

Now you find a random article about Heath's numbers being down over the last few weeks. An article that doesnt even take into consideration that the MAIN reason Heaths numbers are down is because OUR QUARTERBACK ISNT PLAYING!!!....LOL!!!! Even the most casual of fans can see this.

In contrast:

I showed articles (of which you said you "could not find even one")

I showed actual game tape (Of which you SOMEHOW claimed was preseason)

I proved that it was NOT preseason (Of which you then changed gears and disgarded because it was "one game")

You are not able to admit you're wrong...ever...and your argument HAS changed...that is what the other posters are pointing out.

No one ever said that Heath does not occasionaly block on passing downs, that is an argument that you are using to cover up your original claim that Baron was not a blocking back....the rest of the world has seen Batch blocking in the backfield...and the rest of the world knows that Batch is regarded as a great blocking back...It just shows that you have blinders on and just wish to argue...even when proven wrong.

How many more members have to jump in and say that this is your "M.O."? I guess they are all "crying" also?

You are getting quite the reputation...

I am at the point where I think you actually KNOW better...but have some inherent need to "prove" that you are enlightened, at the expense of the facts.
    You are such a bs artist your arguement was the steelers use batch specifically for pass protection to help mike adams and that heath miller is not used in pass protection and its completely false. The entire reason for the arguement was because you overstated batch's worth to the steelers. I posted earlier i didnt say batch couldnt block, what i said was they do not utilize him speciaclly to help mike adams because hes hardly on the field.My arguement is still the same and will remain that way, because i got one of the dates wrong i suddenly changed my arguement? Heath miller is used to help mike adams and that is a fact, i didnt post one article i actually posted a total of 4 now, I dont care about the other 2 posters your talking about they disagree with everything i say.

Dwinsgames

Mike Adams his first couple starts was helped almost exclusively by Heath Miller , in fact I recall on more than 1 occasion Miller actually took on the Def End 1 on 1 because Adams went after the DT instead of the end and left Heath hung out to dry but Miller impressed and took the DE out of the play all by himself

Steeldawg, your entire argument for giving Wallace a huge contract is his 40 time and bloated stats that were a result of Arians' "Throw it long every play" offense. Wallace is on course to have 832 yards and 8 TDs this year. Is that worth $10,000,000 a season? You did say it's all about stats. What is the real reason you credulously support Wallace getting big time money?

Look man you can ignore everything that mike wallace has done over his career, the numbers are there, the guy is a weapon. I didnt say it was all about stats? I believe you give a player a contract based on their body of work and not based on one season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Mike Adams his first couple starts was helped almost exclusively by Heath Miller , in fact I recall on more than 1 occasion Miller actually took on the Def End 1 on 1 because Adams went after the DT instead of the end and left Heath hung out to dry but Miller impressed and took the DE out of the play all by himself
    I know you dont agree with me most of the time so i thank you for chiming in with your observation.

Look man you can ignore everything that mike wallace has done over his career, the numbers are there, the guy is a weapon. I didnt say it was all about stats? I believe you give a player a contract based on their body of work and not based on one season.
    I am not ignoring anything. You on the other hand ignore his many faults. He is simply a WR who can run fast, that's it. He offers nothing else. You know this to be true because you willfully refuse to answer what he brings besides his 40 time.

How do you feel about a player who chooses not to try? Haynesworth put up good stats. Should the Steelers sign him for a huge contract?

Wallace is on course to have 832 yards and 8 TDs this year. Is that worth $10,000,000 a season?
    Hater = Realist

I am not ignoring anything. You on the other hand ignore his many faults. He is simply a WR who can run fast, that's it. He offers nothing else. You know this to be true because you willfully refuse to answer what he brings besides his 40 time.

How do you feel about a player who chooses not to try? Haynesworth put up good stats. Should the Steelers sign him for a huge contract?

Wallace is on course to have 832 yards and 8 TDs this year. Is that worth $10,000,000 a season?
    I already pointed it out:

1. he gets open
    2. he makes alot of catches
    3. he gains alot of yards
    4. he scores
    What else would you like him to bring to the table?