Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new to this forum

Dwinsgames

new to this forum

been online since 1994 talking Steelers football to anyone that would listen , my old Steelers football home has all but dried up after about 7 years of chatter and 15k posts later I am basically homeless ( only in terms of a place to chat Steelers ) going to have a look around here and see how it goes .. I do see a few familiar names from my old home so who knows ....

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Re: new to this forum

Hey, welcome to the board. Pretty new here myself. Hope you enjoy the conversation here.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Dwinsgames

thanks man

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Welcome to SU!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Welcome. Great message board you've found here...especially if you are into the "Hate Wallace," "Love Wallace" talk...lol. welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Welcome!

Dwinsgames

thanks guys , who knows ... this may in fact become my new home for Steelers talk but I must say leaving the comforts of familiararity is not going to be an easy adjustment .... someone once said change is good but I am not convinced they where not speaking of their underwear when saying that LOL ...we'll see how it goes

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

thanks guys , who knows ... this may in fact become my new home for Steelers talk but I must say leaving the comforts of familiararity is not going to be an easy adjustment .... someone once said change is good but I am not convinced they where not speaking of their underwear when saying that LOL ...we'll see how it goes
    Dwins!!!! Welcome to the board!!!!

This is a great addition to our board folks! I hope you post here often dwins!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

thanks Zu , haven't talked to you in quite some time .hope all is well ..wondered where you vanished to LOL

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Yeah, I think most of us have gone through that transition once or twice over the years. It's always tough when you decide that it's time to move on from a board.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

thanks Zu , haven't talked to you in quite some time .hope all is well ..wondered where you vanished to LOL
    So the DBI board finally finish it's death throes?

That was a great board in it's time. But too many of the best posters just walked away from it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    So the DBI board finally finish it's death throes?

That was a great board in it's time. But too many of the best posters just walked away from it.

it is still there .. just not nearly active enough as of late , steady decline for whatever reason ( wish I knew why )

got old posting something and 8 hours later it might have a few views and 1 reply and you may not see another new post till the next day ....

a real shame draft steel was a great place in its time DBI might be folding as well since BigC got a new gig at rant sports

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Welcome. This is a great board.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Dwinsgames

again , Thank You ..

one thing I have noticed you all sure go out of your way to make a new poster welcome

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Welcome aboard!!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Welcome, D! We know how you feel, most of the posters here (me included) came from another board that went through new ownership. It sucked because it was a place we considered home but it all worked out for the better and here we are. BTW be sure to check out the gameday thread during the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Welcome to the Universe!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Welcome to the board. Since you are a friend of Zu, we will have to keep our eye on you!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welcome to the board!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

again , Thank You ..

one thing I have noticed you all sure go out of your way to make a new poster welcome
    Can't have quality members if we don't! And if zulater says you're OK, then you're OK with me. Welcome!

Dwinsgames

thanks

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Welcome to the board! We usually have twinkies in the snack room, but i think when Zu heard they where going out of business he took them all

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Maybe you should bring in a couple of the memes from your old board so you can feel more at home here

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Maybe you should bring in a couple of the memes from your old board so you can feel more at home here

a few of them are here ( such as Zu ,Hollywoodsteel, darthspartans20 , and some other names that where part of the board I came from but not sure they are in fact the same people yet or not )
    ... I would not try and lore them away from there anymore than I would try and lore some from here to get that place flowing again .. Just would not be the right thing to do , if they want to leave they can always find me through twitter or google or simply PM me there and it will email me the fact I got a PM .... I still have to drop in from time to time to make sure spammers did not attack the site and ban them I promised them that I would atleast still do that for them

Heinz Hitman has also joined us making 5 members total from the old board here now , maybe home is where you make it ?

Hawkman aka Lemonhead is here too !!! so 6 and counting
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 11-29-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    Welcome to the board! We usually have twinkies in the snack room, but i think when Zu heard they where going out of business he took them all

Yea sound about right LOL

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Yea sound about right LOL
    What was the old board's name or link?
    Hater = Realist

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    What was the old board's name or link?
    Not sure if I am permitted to post the link to another forum but what the hell at this point it is pretty much irrelevant the board has been down for 2 days and the owner has not got back to me ( I was the only one with access to admin controls other than him that still went to keep it clean ) and now nobody can access the site , he may never fix it ??? http://draftsteel.com/ff/ was started by a bunch who got tired of the way we where treated at Steelers.com years and years ago , every time we would link an article or get to draft specific and link a prospect info page we would get it removed and scolded ... so we left there around 2004 for draftsteel aka draftboardinsiders ( its original name but that turned into the draft specific site and the forums then moved to draftsteel ) .... hopefully if it stays down the rest of that crew will find us here some really good posters and people where left behind ....

if the powers that be here have issue with this post , feel free to delete it , no hard feelings just trying to answer a direct question as best I can

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Not sure if I am permitted to post the link to another forum but what the hell at this point it is pretty much irrelevant the board has been down for 2 days and the owner has not got back to me ( I was the only one with access to admin controls other than him that still went to keep it clean ) and now nobody can access the site , he may never fix it ??? http://draftsteel.com/ff/ was started by a bunch who got tired of the way we where treated at Steelers.com years and years ago , every time we would link an article or get to draft specific and link a prospect info page we would get it removed and scolded ... so we left there around 2004 for draftsteel aka draftboardinsiders ( its original name but that turned into the draft specific site and the forums then moved to draftsteel ) .... hopefully if it stays down the rest of that crew will find us here some really good posters and people where left behind ....

if the powers that be here have issue with this post , feel free to delete it , no hard feelings just trying to answer a direct question as best I can
    The Steelers.com board was bad. If you didn't agree with the mods you were banned. It's just as bad as the Scout.com board.

I originally came from the RealPittsburgh.com board back in '98

Glad to have you aboard.
    Hater = Realist

Dwinsgames

Mojouw is posting here now too , so 6 of us have made the journey now ..feeling more like home every day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    The Steelers.com board was bad. If you didn't agree with the mods you were banned. It's just as bad as the Scout.com board.

I originally came from the RealPittsburgh.com board back in '98

Glad to have you aboard.
    Thanks man

Junior Member Array title="primantibro1 is an unknown quantity at this point"> primantibro1's Avatar

I am in guys. Just joined. For my new board family members, I am Primantibro1. I came from the same place as Zu, Dwins, & Co. For the SU folks, thanks for having me (us) and I am glad to be a part. Like D said above, it will be hard adjusting, but this ain't our first rodeo and I look forward to learning, contributing, and just kind of shooting the old shnizz. I will get a photo and some boiler plate quote stuff on my profile so I am official.