Thread: Football-Serbian League

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Football-Serbian League

Highlights from the first game of the last season. We won 19:6 on the road. We are the guys in orange jerseys. That INT return for TD was nullified by penalty (roughing the passer). This is second level of competition in Serbia (like FCS in the States). We are in the north division, and finished season 4-4. I would like to hear your opinions and please be honest.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Football-Serbian League

Very cool. Glad to see the game catching on elsewhere.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jaguars will be playing there in 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Not bad at all. I'm glad to see American Football being played so far from home.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. Tell your QB to make sure the ball leaves his hand before passing his head on the throwing-motion for shorter throws. He's an excellent deep pass QB, though. Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Very cool. Thanks so much for sharing! I really enjoyed watching that. Would definitely watch the entire game if it was available, but even just the highlights were great. Looks like you guys are playing very competitively! Is 19 - 6 a score that is pretty common? Are the games usually fairly close?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Looks cool - thanks for sharing, Radomir!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Not bad at all. I'm glad to see American Football being played so far from home.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. Tell your QB to make sure the ball leaves his hand before passing his head on the throwing-motion for shorter throws. He's an excellent deep pass QB, though. Nice video, thanks for sharing.
    Our QB has problem with his decision making on the shorter throws. He is a young guy, who started throwing football only three years ago, so i`m pretty pleased with his progress as a thrower. Technique is main problem for all our players, especially QBs. We don`t have a QB coach, and there are so few of them in our country, so he has to lean on internet and he`s progressed nicely. For some reason, the coaches who come from the States are not familiar working with QBs. They are defensive minded coaches, with few exceptions. He learned much from QBs who came to play here from the States. Richer clubs are bringin american players, but not many of them are making difference on the field. One of the guys, who is a star in this league, and plays for the league champions, is Lance Kriesen, former Northern Arizona QB. I arranged pair of trainings were my QB was coached by Kriesen. That was pretty good expirience for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Very cool. Thanks so much for sharing! I really enjoyed watching that. Would definitely watch the entire game if it was available, but even just the highlights were great. Looks like you guys are playing very competitively! Is 19 - 6 a score that is pretty common? Are the games usually fairly close?
    It`s not that common. The blowouts are regular, and the points are high. For example, we lost the at home 28-44, and after few weeks we beat the same opponent on the road 27:0. As you can see we are inconsistent. I dont have our games uploaded, but i have them on the disc. We are not putting our games on the you tube, because our opponents might used them against us. Games in our league (lower division) are not televised, but games in the Superleague are, so i would post this years final game between Belgrade Wolves and Kragujevac Wild Boars.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Is that high school? Looks slow.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Is that high school? Looks slow.
    No it`s not high school, though we have high school kids in our team. If you have 16 years in Serbia you can play profesional sport. Football is on amateur level. We first played 4 years without pads and helmets, than the teams started to buy equipment. 2006. was the first season with pads and helmets, and only six teams were competing. It`s pretty hard to buy equpment, when the average sallary in the country is 350 $ and unemplomyent rate is almost 25%. We are all playing for free, many of us with jobs are giving money from our own pocket so the team can compete and survive. We dress for a game 32 players, because we have only that much pads and helmets. We have 38 players, and when injuries and other problems starts to pile up, some of us are forced to play entire game on both sides of the ball. Its pretty tough to find a linemen, because big guys dont grow on trees, especially in small town, such as mine hometown. All of that are excuses, i know, but i wanted to tell you guys how hard is to run a franchise when you have no money, and no income at all, when only real football action you see is on TV... Its pretty hard, but we are doing it for the love of game. We are making progress each and every day, but the long road is still ahead us. Hopefully one day the kid from our league would make it to the NFL. And thats a ultimate goal for us.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    No it`s not high school, though we have high school kids in our team. If you have 16 years in Serbia you can play profesional sport. Football is on amateur level. We first played 4 years without pads and helmets, than the teams started to buy equipment. 2006. was the first season with pads and helmets, and only six teams were competing. It`s pretty hard to buy equpment, when the average sallary in the country is 350 $ and unemplomyent rate is almost 25%. We are all playing for free, many of us with jobs are giving money from our own pocket so the team can compete and survive. We dress for a game 32 players, because we have only that much pads and helmets. We have 38 players, and when injuries and other problems starts to pile up, some of us are forced to play entire game on both sides of the ball. Its pretty tough to find a linemen, because big guys dont grow on trees, especially in small town, such as mine hometown. All of that are excuses, i know, but i wanted to tell you guys how hard is to run a franchise when you have no money, and no income at all, when only real football action you see is on TV... Its pretty hard, but we are doing it for the love of game. We are making progress each and every day, but the long road is still ahead us. Hopefully one day the kid from our league would make it to the NFL. And thats a ultimate goal for us.
    You have my respect. I hope that if someone makes it to the NFL from your league, he'll remember who helped him get there and help give your hard work the FULL recognition it deserves.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Maybe a good kicker.

You should petition a pro or college team for their hand-me-down uniforms. Write them a letter and explain your plight. We give away everything in America, the government does I mean.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Maybe a good kicker.

You should petition a pro or college team for their hand-me-down uniforms. Write them a letter and explain your plight. We give away everything in America, the government does I mean.
    Could have had the Patriots 19-0 Shirts.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

That's awesome - thanks for sharing! Best of luck in your future games!

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    How big are your linemen?

The things I did notice in the videos that I guess could be viewed as "negative" (although it's not at all your fault) is that the players seem pretty tiny, weight wise. And it seems like that is effecting tackling.

I really do hope one of your guys can make it to the NFL someday. That would be awesome.

Maybe a good kicker.

We have done that, but the costs of shipment that large are enormous. We have enough equipment to compete, maybe 10-15 pads would done the job. Only one team had succes with that kind request, but they found a sponsor who paid the shipment. I dont know which college sent the equipment.

Dont get me started with kickers. We have an issue with kickers. They are pretty lousy here (which is a surprise because many people here are playing soccer, but kicking a soccer ball and a football are two different things), and for exemple we can not waste a pad and helmet on a kicker. We have only one good kicker in our league, and when i mean good, i mean he doesnt miss XP. Field goals from more than a 40 yards are pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    How big are your linemen?

The things I did notice in the videos that I guess could be viewed as "negative" (although it's not at all your fault) is that the players seem pretty tiny, weight wise. And it seems like that is effecting tackling.

I really do hope one of your guys can make it to the NFL someday. That would be awesome.

Tackling is bad because players are not taught to tackle with a proper technique. The main problem is our age, because you learn things like that when you are younger, but most of us started playing football in the mid 20s. As you get older it gets tougher to learn things, such as tackling. Of course the weight concerns are legit, because most of our Wideouts, backs (defensive and running) are below 200 pounds. The linemens are pretty big, not NFL big but big. I, for example, am 6 foot 4 and 310 pounds. My strength isnt as good as i wanted it to be, and to be honest its because i first entered the gym three years ago. I can bench 350, squat 450 and deadlift about 400 (i have chronic back problem). We have a guard who is 330, but other linemen are between 240-280.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Looked pretty good. Glad to see the game is spreading and that you guys have good equipment now.