Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Night 2012...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Election Night 2012...

Obama murals and Black Panthers in Philly, death threats, and voter intimidation....just another election in the good ole U S of A!
    - - - Updated - - -

Philly poll workers partially cover Obama mural after court order, leaving logo and quote in view

Workers at a Philadelphia polling place, after being ordered by a judge to cover up a mural of President Obama "in its entirety," slapped up a few pieces of paper that only partially covered his image -- while leaving the Obama campaign logo and a quote from the current president in full view for voters..........

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz2BU5ZVDpm

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Election Night 2012...

Or you can watch the Steelers/Giants @ 8 pm on NFL network.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

My easy recipe for avoiding wasting the night:
    If Romney doesn't win Virginia early, save yourself the time and disappointment, 'cuz Obama's gonna win. Maybe watch the Michigan/ Minnesota game...

*edit*
    "Steelers vs. Giants on NFL"
    ^ Even better!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Bob Dylan predicts a landslide for Obama.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Too bad he didn't predict that he'd make 100,000 albums mustering up two or three hit singles.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Bob Dylan predicts a landslide for Obama.
    Bob Dylan, the world-renowned prognosticator.
    What does Miss Cleo have to say?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

The giant mural of Obama reminds me of the ones for Saddam, Mao, and Kim Jong Mentally Ill.

- - - Updated - - -

One of our patients today said he'd rather shower at Penn State than vote for Obama.

Too soon???

Which reminds me...
    Every cycle the media drags out some complete nonsense predictor, like a trained chimp with a dartboard who has correctly predicted 3 of the last 4 elections, etc...
    Who is *THAT* for?? Who's watching the news thinking "If only there was some kind of psychic livestock out there who could tell me how it all ends..."?

- - - Updated - - -

The giant mural of Obama reminds me of the ones for Saddam, Mao, and Kim Jong Mentally Ill.

- - - Updated - - -

One of our patients today said he'd rather shower at Penn State than vote for Obama.

Too soon???
    Nah. "She", you say? In that case, she's completely safe.
    *EDIT*
    Misread that. So he's a "he"? Well... if he's old enough to vote, he's safe too.

The Redskins lost at home on Sunday.

Obama's toast.

The Redskins lost at home on Sunday.

Obama's toast.
    Now, you *STOP THAT!* Just stop it right now! We'll have none of that shenanigans tonight.

Breaking News@BreakingNewsNBC News projects Romney to win Indiana and Kentucky; Obama to take Vermont
    Sean Hannity@seanhannityFoxNews predicts Romney to win Kentucky and Indiana (a state Obama won in 2008) #Election2012

Already?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It will be nice to flip to MSNBC and watch the lesbians and homersexuals turn green when Romney wins!
    All Defense!

Breaking News@BreakingNewsNBC News projects Romney to win Indiana and Kentucky; Obama to take Vermont
    Sean Hannity@seanhannityFoxNews predicts Romney to win Kentucky and Indiana (a state Obama won in 2008) #Election2012
    Already?
    Sure. They already have the exit polling and those States were never in question.
    Expect them to call DC VT NY HI DE RI MA MD IL CA CT NJ WA and ME for Obama and
    UT ID WY AR OK TN AK AL NE ND TX KS KY WV LA MS IN GA and SD for Romney the moment the polls close.

- - - Updated - - -

A handy link for the Virginia results:
    http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/virginia/

Josh Peterson@jdpetersonCNN is calling W. Virginia for Romney. 24-3 Romney.

Fox News@FoxNews
    Fox News projects #Romney winning West Virginia http://fxn.ws/Svj9UI via @foxnewspolitics #election2012

Romney 24 Obama 3

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

I'm seeing South Carolina in red on both CNN and FOX.

Fox News@FoxNewsFox News projects #Romney winning South Carolina http://fxn.ws/Svj9UI via @foxnewspolitics #election2012

Romney 33 Obama 3

Close races in Virginia and Ohio, with Romney leading both in the early updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Extremely close in Flo-rida.

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Close races in Virginia and Ohio, with Romney leading both in the early updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Extremely close in Flo-rida.
    Not good news for Romney. That'd mean the polls are either correct or they've *over*estimated Romney.
    If Romney doesn't win Florida, hang it up.

FOX News Radio@foxnewsradioFOX News projects: #Romney wins #GA (16 electoral votes). Current FOX projections: #Romney 49, #Obama 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Not good news for Romney. That'd mean the polls are either correct or they've *over*estimated Romney.
    If Romney doesn't win Florida, hang it up.
    First Virginia, now Florida. What if he wins both? Will he need to win Cali and New York, and he doesn't, "Hang it up"? As far as i'm concerned if he wins Ohio and Virginia, he's in damn good shape. Go Ohio!

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

No states called yet.

Mitt Romney

Paul Ryan

No states called yet.

Obama 79 Romney 71

New Hampshire exit polling shows Obama over Romney by 2. The polls leading up to this had Obama by 3. Not good news for Mitt.

- - - Updated - - -

First Virginia, now Florida. What if he wins both? Will he need to win Cali and New York, and he doesn't, "Hang it up"? As far as i'm concerned if he wins Ohio and Virginia, he's in damn good shape. Go Ohio!
    Hey, it's your evening. Spend it however you want. *shrug*

I've been going all this time on what the polls say. The only question is whether the polls were accurate. So far, it appears so.
    If you're hoping for a late miracle, that's your business, but Romney has absolutely no realistic path if he can't win Florida. He was *supposed* to win those 29EV and if he doesn't, he has to make it up from States where he was polling worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    New Hampshire exit polling shows Obama over Romney by 2. The polls leading up to this had Obama by 3. Not good news for Mitt.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, it's your evening. Spend it however you want. *shrug*

I've been going all this time on what the polls say. The only question is whether the polls were accurate. So far, it appears so.
    If you're hoping for a late miracle, that's your business, but Romney has absolutely no realistic path if he can't win Florida. He was *supposed* to win those 29EV and if he doesn't, he has to make it up from States where he was polling worse.
    As a Ron Paul supporter, it pains me to vote for Romney. But I really DO believe he has a chance to win this thing, and I DO believe he's an upgrade over Obama. I'm still voting for the "Lesser of two evils" but I honestly feel that another four years for Obama WILL fuck this country, contrary to the popular opinion. Hell, all signs would have pointed to me voting Johnson this election, but I want my vote to go towards kicking Obama out of the White House.

Fox News@FoxNewsFox News projects #Romney winning Tennessee, with next polls to close at 8:30 pm ET http://fxn.ws/Svj9UI via @foxnewspolitics

Romney 82 Obama 79

Blecch. Bernie Sanders (Communist) is goin' to the Senate...

I feel like we playing in the superbowl and both teams keep making fieldgoals.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

As a Ron Paul supporter, it pains me to vote for Romney. But I really DO believe he has a chance to win this thing, and I DO believe he's an upgrade over Obama. I'm still voting for the "Lesser of two evils" but I honestly feel that another four years for Obama WILL fuck this country, contrary to the popular opinion. Hell, all signs would have pointed to me voting Johnson this election, but I want my vote to go towards kicking Obama out of the White House.
    You nailed it Bayz. You and I probably share 95% of the same views and both agree that NOTHING could be worse than 4 more years of Obama.

If Johnson had a legitimate shot I would have little hesitation voting for him....except that his views are so far right of this left leaning country that he would have a hard time getting anything done without compromising....which would have his constituency burning down villages and paulbot heads asplodin. A conundrum for sure.

YOU are definitely "The Voice of Reason."
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Hey, it's all good. I've never told anyone else who to vote for or why. That's your business.

I'm just following how it's unfolding and trying to save you a late night of heartache. I'm more than happy to eat crow if that's how it turns out. Obama or Romney... makes me no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    You nailed it Bayz. You and I probably share 95% of the same views and both agree that NOTHING could be worse than 4 more years of Obama.

YOU are definitely "The Voice of Reason."
    Thanks, GB. That being said, however, i'm a little disappointed in the early Ohio numbers, and optimistic with the Florida tallies. Virginia is looking like a lock and it's nice to see Indiana in red, but I feel it's going to be a CLOSE race all the way to the end. I wouldn't consider myself a Republican, and I wouldn't call myself a Democrat, but I DO believe Romney needs to win this election. If he doesn't, it'll be the last one that matters, if there IS another one.

I feel like we playing in the superbowl and both teams keep making fieldgoals.
    Check my earlier post about "given" States. Don't let the media sucker you in with their hype about their projections about EVs where everybody already expects them. Places like DC and Mississippi aren't a surprise and aren't worth getting worked up over.

What matters is what the polls said in the swing States and how accurate (or not) they've proven to be.