Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Election Night 2012...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Election Night 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Gary Johnson is probably the only candidate that truly has what it takes to run this country, and Romney is the only candidate who has the chance to beat out the ONE candidate who will surely fuck this country to the tune of 20+ trillion dollars, no constitutional rights and no future for our children and our children's children. Still hope left, but unless these middle states start turning red, i'm not nearly as optimistic.
    Really, why? Sure, I agree he makes sense in the classroom.

I am just curious because if he really could make a difference you would think more than 1% of the population would vote for him.

Unless you feel that people are just completely turned off to libertarians because of people like Slash?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Holy Crap! Santa rosa finally reported and Romney is within 20,000 votes in Florida! I still think it is looking good for Obama because Miami Dade is leaning obama and are under reported.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Really, why? Sure, I agree he makes sense in the classroom.

I am just curious because if he really could make a difference you would think more than 1% of the population would vote for him.

Unless you feel that people are just completely turned off to libertarians because of people like Slash?
    Google says 62+ million votes are accounted for thus far (not including the west coast). And there are an estimated 225+ million Americans over the age 18. So apparently most voters didn't care to vote for anyone. Gary was really a placeholder. He wasn't ever going to be a viable libertarian candidate for president, but if he could get 5% of the vote this election then the party would be entitled to campaign funding.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Florida is dangerously close to going to Obama, therefore I am dangerously close to giving up on this country

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Google says 62+ million votes are accounted for thus far (not including the west coast). And there are an estimated 225+ million Americans over the age 18. So apparently most voters didn't care to vote for anyone. Gary was really a placeholder. He wasn't ever going to be a viable libertarian candidate for president, but if he could get 5% of the vote this election then the party would be entitled to campaign funding.
    I would tend to agree Patriot. It's a shame. Paulbots could have made a difference in this election if it was close.

...and again, I say this as someone who agrees in principle with most all of what the libertarians stand for....just not their tactics.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Obama takes Ohio and a second term!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Color me thrilled.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Looks like the sheeple came out in full force today. Who's excited for a 100% food stamp usage increase, 22 trillion dollars worth of debt and over 8% unemployment for this upcoming term? Four more years!....

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Enjoy record high welfare percentage, I know you all love getting free help from the government. Enjoy state colleges tuition rising because we all love to pay more. Enjoy the destruction of the US dollar and enjoy a higher debt ceiling. Oh yeah, enjoy your "beloved" troops remaining in Afghanistan well past 2016. Well see how you all stand in 4 more years. You're welcome China, go ahead and take over whenever you're ready. Gary Johnson 2016. WAKE UP! Don't always go for the "popular people" 3rd party has a voice and you should give it a chance.

Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Time to predict which dictatorship will rule the vast array of idiots who live with their heads perpetually up their asses
    The Obama dictatorship
    China
    Russia
    Islamic extremist middle eastern country that we will fund.

How many successful terrorist attacks will occur on American soil over these next 4 long miserable years? Over/Under set at 9.5

- - - Updated - - -

Wild parties about to occur among various Al Qaeda and Taliban bases

The only difference between America over the next few dreadful years and the American colonies under British rule is the vast array of successful terrorist attacks

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Time to predict which dictatorship will rule the vast array of idiots who live with their heads perpetually up their asses
    Also time to predict how much longer everything will continue to be blamed on bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-BUSH!?!?!? I'm guessing 4 more years...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Romney not giving up on Ohio yet...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Romney not giving up on Ohio yet...lol.
    Maybe he'll pull a Gore and demand a re-count

My projected response to the next four years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI

Time to stand up for our freedom and raise our voices even louder

Worthless idiots have officially taken over this country. By 2016, the only difference between this stupid country and poor African countries is that half the population in this stupid country won't realize the country is in poverty

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Worthless idiots have officially taken over this country. By 2016, the only difference between this stupid country and poor African countries is that half the population in this stupid country won't realize the country is in poverty
    But Obama is one of us!!! Every problem this country faces is Bush's fault, the stimulus was a good idea, Obama "stabilized" our economy, he's cool! Mitt is out of touch, Obamacare works...

Just look at all the reasons we should blindly follow Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Who's excited for...over 8% unemployment for this upcoming term?
    I'm sure that number will "decrease" once a few million more simply give up and stop looking. And of course, that will be all bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-Bush's fault too!

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm sure that number will "decrease" once a few million more simply give up and stop looking. And of course, that will be all bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-Bush's fault too!
    Don't forget about all the business's that will be fined/taxed out of existence along the way. But that will be Bush's fault too.

This country truly deserves whats coming to it.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I was a young, divorced, single mother at age 29. I raised my son on my own for 10 years.

And for the first time in my life, I woke up scared.

Russ and I were never going to have to kind of retirement that involves traveling and relaxing. But I'm truly afraid of how we are even going to make it through the next decade let alone provide for ourselves when we can no longer work. He's been out of work 2 times in the last 4 years and each time lasts longer and longer. My son, his wife and 4 kids live in a 800 square foot home and the youngest two kids sleep in their bedroom. I pray every night the house does not burn down around them. I pray every night that they find the rent money each month. He has been out of work 3 times in the last 4 years, and is in danger of being laid off as we speak, and there is little we can do to help them...although we do the best we can with clothes and some groceries from time to time for them.

I'm truly scared of what is to come.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Vis, I love how the DREAM Act says "for undocumented workers." Aren't those "Illegal Immigrants?" So, the tax paying law abiding citizens of Maryland have to pay for the college tuition of someone's kids who are here illegally? Well then, why not just pay for everyone's college institution in the state, illegal, legal, who cares? Free college for everyone!

FARGGING BS!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    Vis, I love how the DREAM Act says "for undocumented workers." Aren't those "Illegal Immigrants?" So, the tax paying law abiding citizens of Maryland have to pay for the college tuition of someone's kids who are here illegally? Well then, why not just pay for everyone's college institution in the state, illegal, legal, who cares? Free college for everyone!

FARGGING BS!
    Are you arguing against people trying to be educated? Learning should be free to anyone anywhere.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    Are you arguing against people trying to be educated? Learning should be free to anyone anywhere.
    Nothing is free. Everything else is paid for by taxes.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Conservatives don't understand that educating the people is an investment that benefits the whole nation. That's why we fall behind. It's why the best programs have to recruit foreign kids. We,as a nation are short sighted. Other countries see how citizens are assets to be maximized.

4 more years....... til this country collapses

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Conservatives don't understand that educating the people is an investment that benefits the whole nation. That's why we fall behind. It's why the best programs have to recruit foreign kids. We,as a nation are short sighted. Other countries see how citizens are assets to be maximized.
    If you lived in Markham, then you know the education reforms that Harris brought in. He brought in accountability and made our education system much better than it was. It has deteriorated since he left office, under the Liberals that have been in power since then.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Umm... you *do* realize that we spend more $$ per kid on education than any other country in the world except Switzerland, right?
    And where has all this "investment" gotten us?

It may be an investment, but that doesn't automatically mean it's a good one.

And the broader problem isn't one of education, but one of solvency. If Maryland will give a free ride to kids who got smuggled across the border, then that's like ringing a dinner bell. All of the people with no skills or prospects are going to drag their kids to Maryland so they don't have to pay to educate them. Excellent deal for them, not so good for Maryland.
    How are they supposed to afford this?
    At first blush, I'd say it's their own problem to deal with for having been stupid enough to do this, but when their budget is busted, guess where they'll come looking for a bailout?

If you truly believe all that soft-headed nonsense, find a poor kid in your neighborhood and offer to pay for his college yourself. Let me know how that works out for you.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    If you lived in Markham, then you know the education reforms that Harris brought in. He brought in accountability and made our education system much better than it was. It has deteriorated since he left office, under the Liberals that have been in power since then.
    in the 70s

GoSlash, the big problem is the lack of accountability. Yes invest in education, but make sure your kids are getting educated. This is the reform that Harris spearheaded in the 90's and we started to perform much better in international testing and rankings.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post

FARGGING BS!
    Free tuition AND Food Stamps for everybody! While they are at it, I need three Ophones, an annual bus pass and my check.
    All Defense!