Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Election Night 2012...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Election Night 2012...

Fox News@FoxNewsFox News projects #Romney winning Arkansas, with next polls to close at 9 pm ET http://fxn.ws/Svj9UI via @foxnewspolitics #election2012

Romney 88 Obama 79

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Too early to cal, but I do feel that Romney may pull this off.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Florida is really, *really* bad news for Romney. The rural precincts always report in first and they're always Republican. Obama should *not* be leading right now.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

CNN just called Michigan for Obama. This isn't a surprise to anyone except those who had blinded themselves with the RCP/ Rasmussen kool-aid.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Romney 154, Obama 123. A Florida win for Romney may win the election, and right now, it's a dead-heat with an Est. 70+ percent reporting. I'm not on the "Democratic votes come last" Florida band-wagon, either. This election will be insanely close.

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Romney 154, Obama 123. A Florida win for Romney may win the election, and right now, it's a dead-heat with an Est. 70+ percent reporting. I'm not on the "Democratic votes come last" Florida band-wagon, either. This election will be insanely close.
    Not so much. Florida isn't a tipping point state, it's a must-win for Romney. The polling (which predicts Obama with about 300EV) has Romney winning Florida by 2%. If he matches that, he will lose. He's not even matching it right now, and he should be winning.

*edit* my prediction of 294 Obama assumed that Romney would win Florida.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Florida will go for Romney. It's the panhandle that is R and reports last because it is partially in the central time zone.

What I do not understand is how the people from my home state of Pennsylvania rolled over for Obama? I may have to tell people in the future I was born in Florida.

It's over. Four more years of nonsense. The U.S. is done as the lone Super Power.
    All Defense!

It's over. Four more years of nonsense. The U.S. is done as the lone Super Power.

Not yet. It's still too early to call it. I'll let you know when it's time.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Not yet. It's still too early to call it. I'll let you know when it's time.
    Not really. Hopey's pretty much got Ohio, PA, and you KNOW he has NY and CA in the bag already (counting the salad heads' votes is a mere formality). That's well over 100 EV right there.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Wisconsin goes blue. If Ohio, Virginia or Florida go Blue, this country is done

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Romney slowly gaining in Ohio, and leading slightly in Florida with the Panhandle results coming at the end. Florida is his, Ohio will be close.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

What the fuck is wrong with people?

How bad do you have to screw up a country to get your ass kicked out of office?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Wisconsin goes blue. If Ohio, Virginia or Florida go Blue, this country is done
    Florida and Virginia should be in Romney's hands, but Ohio is going to close. Too close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

When you have a sympathetic press that parrots "bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-BUSH!" for four solid years, and gives you the kids glove treatment at the same time, the sky's the limit.

We all know the west coast is Obama, but even with that in mind, this will still come down to the wire. A lot happening in the middle right now. I still believe Romney can pull it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Still a couple major states undecided at the moment, but Romney needs to win much of the middle part of the country before it gets to the West Coast. Obama will win that part of the country, and I expect no surprises.

It's over. The U.S. dollar is toast. Watch for the big stock market sell off tomorrow. I feel especially bad for Israel who is now isolated.

How can you not want to create jobs and be energy independent? How? somebody please explain why people choose to be stupid and poor?
    All Defense!

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Gary Johnson is at 0.5%. 1/200 people. Damn.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

PA projected to Obama

" I'm not on the "Democratic votes come last" Florida band-wagon, either."

Notice how Virginia has tightened up lately?
    That's how it works. The rural precincts have an easier time reporting in than the urban ones. That's just how it goes.

PA just got called for Obama.

" I'm not on the "Democratic votes come last" Florida band-wagon, either."

Notice how Virginia has tightened up lately?
    That's how it works. The rural precincts have an easier time reporting in than the urban ones. That's just how it goes.

PA just got called for Obama.
    The panhandle votes get in at the very end, and that will swing the state in Romney's favor. The Ohio race has tightened up considerably, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Battleground states are all very close, obviously.

Look at the map. If PA and WI go for Obama, then naturally OH will. That's how it goes, it's not guessing and it's not rocket science. Romney is already practicing his concession speech.
    All Defense!

NH just officially went to Obama.
    I will now officially call this race for Obama in the 300EV range. Romney may as well give his concession speech.

My condolences to those of you who were pulling for Mitt. When you're not mad anymore, I'll be happy to show you how I knew this so far out.
    Good night, folks, and here's to hoping for a better result 4 years from tonight!

NH just officially went to Obama.
    I will now officially call this race for Obama in the 300EV range. Romney may as well give his concession speech.

My condolences to those of you who were pulling for Mitt. When you're not mad anymore, I'll be happy to show you how I knew this so far out.
    Good night, folks, and here's to hoping for a better result 4 years from tonight!
    If Obama wins, there won't be a better result in four years. Maybe not even a country.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I think if anything, this election cycle has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the majority of Americans are blind, deaf and dumb.

I cast my vote for Gary Johnson tonight, and I don't feel one iota of regret for doing so. I wasn't going to sit by and have my vote completely wasted by not voting for anyone. Obama winning re-election was a foregone conclusion, and it's going to be the death knell for this once great nation. There will be so much shit to clean up by 2016 that I may be dead before it gets fixed...and I'm 38.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

I've been wondering about that for the last four years.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

It's a shame Gary Johnson did not reach anywhere near the 5% he was expecting. Obviously he would not win tonight, but some recognition would have helped. This is just pure ugly. I'll stand by my choice of Mr. Johnson and hope to see him again in 2016, but goodbye Country and I hope you all enjoy troops still oversea's....get used to it.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Gary Johnson is probably the only candidate that truly has what it takes to run this country, and Romney is the only candidate who has the chance to beat out the ONE candidate who will surely fuck this country to the tune of 20+ trillion dollars, no constitutional rights and no future for our children and our children's children. Still hope left, but unless these middle states start turning red, i'm not nearly as optimistic.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

I'm hearing that 30% of eligible voters came out to vote. If that's true then we've reached a new level of voter apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    I'm hearing that 30% of eligible voters came out to vote. If that's true then we've reached a new level of voter apathy.
    Sad. I consider it a duty of mine to vote.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    And that partially explains the quality, or lack of quality, of the candidates. The next election should be covered by a reality type show "On the Campaign Trail" and perhaps 50% of Americans will bother to vote. Truly pathetic if only 30% turned out.