Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Money.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Mike Wallace = No Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    This notion that posters here are upset with Wallace over the holdout is nonsense. People are upset with him because he is playing like a fifth stringer.
    Funny thing, part of the reason he's playing like a fifth-stringer is because of the holdout. So yeah, we're allowed to be upset about it. Wallace pouting about money hurt the team, no doubt about it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol...go back and re-read and re-read and re-read and re-read again. It's there. Review the thread and get back to me after you find the 6 times I've explained it to you and let me know that you understand it. Until you learn to accept the answers I've given, that apparently are above your comprehended football knowledge, I can't bring myself to continue a conversation with someone who just fails to understand the deeper ins and outs of an NFL offense. If you're looking for: Wallace brings hands, effort and footwork to the table, like I said, I could provide pictures for you that he's done that, but at this point you, chasing your own tail, could google it or YouTube it and find the same thing. Lets be honest, you can critique every receiver if you wanted, you just choose to overly criticize Wallace and nitpick him because of the holdout. Don't lie and say you don't.

As for replacing him with a good 40-time...yeah...worked out well for the Raiders...many times. Has worked out well with the Browns and Josh Cribbs...lol. Did I mention Cribbs returns punts? Oh joy!!!

I've never said that Wallace didn't deserve criticism. I've been one of his critics, I just find it hilarious that every little thing he does is now all of a sudden under a microscope, conveniently after the holdout...lol. Where were all the criticisms before?

Like I said, continue being butt hurt over Wallace's holdout, continue over analyzing and overly critiquing him because of it and be happy with your life. It's not all bad "dude." Seriously...it's not...lol.

I'll go talk to this brick wall now...at least it understands some concepts of football.
    Until you learn to accept the answers I've given
    I numbered them so you could easily answer each one.

Let's try again...

1. If Wallace ran a 4.7 40 time would he draw double-teams as much? Yes or no? <-- This is a yes or no question.

2. What does Wallace bring besides his 40 time? So far you have brought up his 40 time by saying he stretches the defense. As for your lies....Wallace does not bring hands, effort and footwork to the table. This was shown again versus the Ravens last night. Did you watch the game? He is playing for a contract and he couldn't even step forward a few inches to grab a 3rd down pass. Another pass in the endzone he screws up because of his poor fundamentals. He lets a pass hit the DB in the back without even so much as an attempt to make the grab. Instead Wallace laughs about it. If he attempted to catch the pass he would have gotten the PI flag thrown on the DB. I guess standing there and then laughing about it was a better choice. You probably agree with Wallace's choice.

3. How is listing what a WR can and cannot do irrelevant in determining his worth?

yeah...worked out well for the Raiders...many times
    Are the Steelers the Raiders? Yes or no? Do the Raiders have BR as their QB? Yes or no? The Cardinals aren't doing much with Fitzgerald. Are you claiming Fitzgerald wouldn't do better with BR as his QB? Each time you make an excuse you have failed. Who is the QB for the Browns? Do you see how absurd your attempts are when trying to find anything to save Wallace? Are the Browns and Raiders in the same situation in terms of the cap and a WR who probably wants $10,000,000 or more? Yes or no? Why can't you explain Washington's production? Pretty good numbers for only starting 7 games. He drew double-teams too.

conveniently after the holdout
    Sorry, but I have brought this up before his holdout. Again, his holdout is irrelevant. You keep obsessing over it. It's time to get over it and move on. Also, other fans are bring his faults up because he is a free agent in 2013 and there is a cap problem.

you just choose to overly criticize Wallace and nitpick him because of the holdout. Don't lie and say you don't
    Then prove it as a fact. Again, you have been shown to obsess over Wallace's holdout. Looking around this thread you and Steeldawg seem to be the only people concerned about the holdout. What you are both doing is trying to deflect logical arguments by claiming a holdout is somehow behind his lack of skills. Wallace dropped passes, gave poor effort, had bad footwork etc... before the holdout. You need a new excuse...lol.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    This notion that posters here are upset with Wallace over the holdout is nonsense. People are upset with him because he is playing like a fifth stringer.
    Damn. i wish our 5th stringers could be on pace for a 1,000 yard, 80 catch, double digit TD season
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Go back and read. All of it. The answers are there...you just need to read. That's all. I assume you can.

Lol!!!!! Yeah. Obsessing. Just pointing out the facts my friend.

I'd like to see some posts from 2-3 seasons ago where you've hammered him for his hands, feet, awareness, etc. to this extent. LMAO!!! We all criticize players.

You cant.

Wallace deserves criticism at time...but whining and bitching and nitpicking...just takes it over the top. Steeldawg and I may be the only ones here, but there are a lot more on quite a few other boards who view it the same.

So again, peace out, done talking with you about it. You obviously don't understand my responses or refuse to accept them...so be it.

Hopefully Wallace is gone next year!! Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Damn. i wish our 5th stringers could be on pace for a 1,000 yard, 80 catch, double digit TD season
    Lol...would be nice...wouldn't it!?!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Lol...would be nice...wouldn't it!?!

Glad to see you back at home on your Wallace thread!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

first off im a Wallace supporter and as of now he is our best option and best WR but he's on pace for less then a 1,000 hes looking @ like 904 on 74 receptions which is like 5 rec. per game for 63yds per game which is not big time IMO in this age of passing offense 1,000yds does'nt impress me anymore for a #1. As far as rec. leaders this yr hes 36th in yds, 29th, in receptions, he needs to turn it around in the Steelers last 6 games if he wants to impress the Rooneys or better yet other teams. Like i stated before i hope he can work thru this but the last few games i noticed lack of effort like he doesnt care sometimes.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

and where is brown ranked in those statistics? i love me some brown, but someone needs to pick up the slack if wallace is gone and sanders hasnt proven it yet. Ben isnt going to just pull 10+ extra TD's out of his ass with wallace gone.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

and where is brown ranked in those statistics? i love me some brown, but someone needs to pick up the slack if wallace is gone and sanders hasnt proven it yet. Ben isnt going to just pull 10+ extra TD's out of his ass with wallace gone.

those Targets spent on Wallace will go elsewhere just like those targets to Sanstonio Holmes went just like those targets to Plax went elsewhere ... I presume they will go to Sanders primarily and whomever takes Sanders role will then get his old looks ...

those Targets spent on Wallace will go elsewhere just like those targets to Sanstonio Holmes went just like those targets to Plax went elsewhere ... I presume they will go to Sanders primarily and whomever takes Sanders role will then get his old looks ...
    lol you think increased targets will just magically make a player "better?" its extraordinarily naive to think that the production will improve or remain the same by just plugging people in where you need them. Santonio took several seasons to sufficiently supplant himself as a good starting receiver. And even then he only had 1 good season as a starter. Horrible comparison.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This team should let Wallace walk, let some other team spend big money on him and become disappointed in a couple of years.

Dwinsgames

lol you think increased targets will just magically make a player "better?" its extraordinarily naive to think that the production will improve or remain the same by just plugging people in where you need them. Santonio took several seasons to sufficiently supplant himself as a good starting receiver. And even then he only had 1 good season as a starter. Horrible comparison.

oh really ?? I wasn't aware .... hmmm just wondering what " several seasons" are in your book ?? considering the fact Holmes was only in Pittsburgh 4 total seasons and had his second best season in terms of Yards per catch as a rookie.... his best Yards per catch was his second season and that season also garnered him his longest TD catch of his career .....he had more yards receiving as a rookie than in his 3rd season in the Burgh .... he never had less than 821 yards receiving while in Pittsburgh and never had more than 8 tds in a year in Pittsburgh

yet every body ( almost everybody ) complained and pondered how we where going to make up for his lost production when we sent him packing .... are those not the same questions your asking here today with Wallace ? the system provides the production the players only make the system work by doing their jobs adequately ...

do you believe Sanders is incapable of catching the football ?

do you thing Sanders is slow ?

Sanders at the combine had better numbers than Wallace in the 3 cone , had better number than Wallace in the shuttle , has longer arms , bigger hands , their verticle is within a half inch of one another and as for speed there is less than 1/10th of a second difference in speed in a 40 yard dash in other words a blink of an eye .....

so please spare us all the Mike Wallace is from another planet routine because we are not buyers ...

now I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful but at the same time please do not mistake me for a fool or a child I have played , watched and evaluated this game of football for a lot of years and the eyeball test does not fail , Sanders is a quality football player that is more than capable of producing very good numbers in this or any NFL system and I will go as far to say he is already a more complete WR than Mike Wallace ever will be ....

you can argue , fuss , poke fun at it all you like but it will not change the facts

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Glad to see you back at home on your Wallace thread!
    LMAO! There's no place like home!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Go back and read. All of it. The answers are there...you just need to read. That's all. I assume you can.

Lol!!!!! Yeah. Obsessing. Just pointing out the facts my friend.

I'd like to see some posts from 2-3 seasons ago where you've hammered him for his hands, feet, awareness, etc. to this extent. LMAO!!! We all criticize players.

You cant.

Wallace deserves criticism at time...but whining and bitching and nitpicking...just takes it over the top. Steeldawg and I may be the only ones here, but there are a lot more on quite a few other boards who view it the same.

So again, peace out, done talking with you about it. You obviously don't understand my responses or refuse to accept them...so be it.

Hopefully Wallace is gone next year!! Lol...
    You ran from the questions again so I will answer them the way I know you would answer if you had the courage

Steeldude: If Wallace ran a 4.7 40 time would he draw double-teams as much? Yes or no?

86WARD: No.

Steeldude: What does Wallace bring besides his 40 time?

86WARD: Nothing.

Steeldude: How is listing what a WR can and cannot do irrelevant in determining his worth?

86WARD: It isn't irrelevant. I was just trolling earlier because I can't think of any valid reasons to pay Wallace the kind of money he wants.

If you feel those answers are not what you would have said then please, by all means, answer them. If no, then I will take as you accepting those are the correct answer you would have given.

Just pointing out the facts
    The fact is you and Steeldawg are the ones bringing up his holdout. No one else cares about it because it's irrelevant to the discussion. Whether people are angry or not makes no difference. It doesn't change anything being said.

Hopefully Wallace is gone next year
    Now you want him gone.
    Hater = Realist

oh really ?? I wasn't aware .... hmmm just wondering what " several seasons" are in your book ?? considering the fact Holmes was only in Pittsburgh 4 total seasons and had his second best season in terms of Yards per catch as a rookie.... his best Yards per catch was his second season and that season also garnered him his longest TD catch of his career .....he had more yards receiving as a rookie than in his 3rd season in the Burgh .... he never had less than 821 yards receiving while in Pittsburgh and never had more than 8 tds in a year in Pittsburgh

yet every body ( almost everybody ) complained and pondered how we where going to make up for his lost production when we sent him packing .... are those not the same questions your asking here today with Wallace ? the system provides the production the players only make the system work by doing their jobs adequately ...

do you believe Sanders is incapable of catching the football ?

do you thing Sanders is slow ?

Sanders at the combine had better numbers than Wallace in the 3 cone , had better number than Wallace in the shuttle , has longer arms , bigger hands , their verticle is within a half inch of one another and as for speed there is less than 1/10th of a second difference in speed in a 40 yard dash in other words a blink of an eye .....

so please spare us all the Mike Wallace is from another planet routine because we are not buyers ...

now I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful but at the same time please do not mistake me for a fool or a child I have played , watched and evaluated this game of football for a lot of years and the eyeball test does not fail , Sanders is a quality football player that is more than capable of producing very good numbers in this or any NFL system and I will go as far to say he is already a more complete WR than Mike Wallace ever will be ....

you can argue , fuss , poke fun at it all you like but it will not change the facts
    the fact is you're contradicting yourself . The combine isnt an eye test and is irrelevant. Sanders 1st possible year of being a regular starter is going to be next season. By that time he'll be a 4th year veteran and you want to use combine success as a barometer for how likely he is to succeed? Lol...i could care less about the combine, or college production from a player who's already been in the league 3-4 years. Wallace didnt do shit in college, i didnt think anything of him until he showcased that he can be a productive starter in this league the past couple years. Hell, he was called a reach and most of us on the board agreed. Didnt think he had what it takes to replace Santo, who ran great routes and had excellent body control catches under his belt the season before we cut him loose. What several seasons you say? Every season before 2009, where he was poor receiver with raw technique and sporadic effort (enter '08 postseason where he plays like a real receiver). If you're impressed by a receiver not having less than 821 yards in a season you need to come back to the modern day nfl and remember all the rules that have been implemented since Y2K to heavily supplement a wide open passing league. Are you also awestruck by QB's that throw 300 yards in a game? lol. Its not the same question im asking with Wallace. Wallace was far more productive as rookie than Sanders was in any of his individual seasons. Why bring up yards per catch. What the hell do i care about yards per catch? You seem to have made a fallacy assumption that that is the sole/main reason why i think we should try to lock up wallace. lol. i like his body of work and think he'll fit into this offense soon enough. For now we'll have to settle for the guy on pace for (ill be super specific here so i dont have such wild estimates like above to offend people lol) 74 receptions, double digit TD's, and 904 yards which is still more than brown, although brown has been the most important target in this offense. Haley isnt stupid. He's not a Bruce arians looking to overzealously blonde bomb in 40 mph wind and rains and run the ball without a fullback every once in a while. He implements a gameplan to match his personnel and the upcoming opponents we face. That's been documented by the billions of articles involving Ben being asked about Haley's weekly gameplans. Wallace looked to be emerging as a complete receiver in each progressive season, especially last year. Even this year, 2 or 3 of his TD's are on fade routes. Very different from how wallace used to get in the endzone, and especially uncharacteristic for a receiver who's only 6 feet tall and only 200 pounds. Why do you think Sanders is slow and cant catch a football? Are you ok? Is your eye test failing you? He seems to do those things pretty well. But how will he fair consistently against starting cornerbacks? Never said wallace is from another planet. he can play some ball though? Is that what you meant? It's time the offense stepped up and reached its potential. The O-line has been coming along even with headache injuries. We have a stable of 3 backs who have all run for 100 yards in multiple games each. We have a fullback who blocks like a bowling ball of knives and another coming back from IR next season who's pretty damn good and gives us a difficult decision because we have a talented backfield. We have arguably the most complete tight end in football. And we have one of the best receiving corps in the league to arm one of the best quarterbacks in the league and you want to bog that down? The offense could easily become the strength of this team but losing wallace is not a good start. You play to your strengths. You dont feed Ponder the ball when you have adrian peterson. You dont run the ball with whatever piece of shit the packers have in their backfield when they have aaron rodgers. And you DO NOT disarm a quarterback in his prime, or perhaps one who hasnt even reached it yet (now that's scary, the good kind). so ill take wallace over some of the washed up veterans that are in free agency or eating up cap next season. Starting with hampton and harrison. Omg omg omg, who's going to replace harrison? The production from the offense. This is still a great defense without some of these aging stars in the twilight of their career. Not sure that last one is a fact so i hope it doesnt bother you. since you're into facts and all

Dwinsgames

the fact is you're contradicting yourself . The combine isnt an eye test and is irrelevant. Sanders 1st possible year of being a regular starter is going to be next season. By that time he'll be a 4th year veteran and you want to use combine success as a barometer for how likely he is to succeed? Lol...i could care less about the combine, or college production from a player who's already been in the league 3-4 years. Wallace didnt do shit in college, i didnt think anything of him until he showcased that he can be a productive starter in this league the past couple years. Hell, he was called a reach and most of us on the board agreed. Didnt think he had what it takes to replace Santo, who ran great routes and had excellent body control catches under his belt the season before we cut him loose. What several seasons you say? Every season before 2009, where he was poor receiver with raw technique and sporadic effort (enter '08 postseason where he plays like a real receiver). If you're impressed by a receiver not having less than 821 yards in a season you need to come back to the modern day nfl and remember all the rules that have been implemented since Y2K to heavily supplement a wide open passing league. Are you also awestruck by QB's that throw 300 yards in a game? lol. Its not the same question im asking with Wallace. Wallace was far more productive as rookie than Sanders was in any of his individual seasons. Why bring up yards per catch. What the hell do i care about yards per catch? You seem to have made a fallacy assumption that that is the sole/main reason why i think we should try to lock up wallace. lol. i like his body of work and think he'll fit into this offense soon enough. For now we'll have to settle for the guy on pace for (ill be super specific here so i dont have such wild estimates like above to offend people lol) 74 receptions, double digit TD's, and 904 yards which is still more than brown, although brown has been the most important target in this offense. Haley isnt stupid. He's not a Bruce arians looking to overzealously blonde bomb in 40 mph wind and rains and run the ball without a fullback every once in a while. He implements a gameplan to match his personnel and the upcoming opponents we face. That's been documented by the billions of articles involving Ben being asked about Haley's weekly gameplans. Wallace looked to be emerging as a complete receiver in each progressive season, especially last year. Even this year, 2 or 3 of his TD's are on fade routes. Very different from how wallace used to get in the endzone, and especially uncharacteristic for a receiver who's only 6 feet tall and only 200 pounds. Why do you think Sanders is slow and cant catch a football? Are you ok? Is your eye test failing you? He seems to do those things pretty well. But how will he fair consistently against starting cornerbacks? Never said wallace is from another planet. he can play some ball though? Is that what you meant? It's time the offense stepped up and reached its potential. The O-line has been coming along even with headache injuries. We have a stable of 3 backs who have all run for 100 yards in multiple games each. We have a fullback who blocks like a bowling ball of knives and another coming back from IR next season who's pretty damn good and gives us a difficult decision because we have a talented backfield. We have arguably the most complete tight end in football. And we have one of the best receiving corps in the league to arm one of the best quarterbacks in the league and you want to bog that down? The offense could easily become the strength of this team but losing wallace is not a good start. You play to your strengths. You dont feed Ponder the ball when you have adrian peterson. You dont run the ball with whatever piece of shit the packers have in their backfield when they have aaron rodgers. And you DO NOT disarm a quarterback in his prime, or perhaps one who hasnt even reached it yet (now that's scary, the good kind). so ill take wallace over some of the washed up veterans that are in free agency or eating up cap next season. Starting with hampton and harrison. Omg omg omg, who's going to replace harrison? The production from the offense. This is still a great defense without some of these aging stars in the twilight of their career. Not sure that last one is a fact so i hope it doesnt bother you. since you're into facts and all

it really is not my fault you can't read and understand what you read now is it ? I never said combine numbers where indicative of how one would play in the league anywhere never even hinted at it ... I said do you think Sanders is slow ? then posted facts on how they did on an equal playing field under the same conditions doing the exact same activities as proof that he is not slow ....

as for the rest all I can say is your ...

1) presumptuous
    2) unreasonable
    3) argumentative
    4) and flat out pig headed and this thread proves that ... and I didn't bother to read it all that's how absurd it is

for those reasons I find that it is clearly a waist of time and effort to continue dialog with you on this subject. maybe you have such pent up man love for Wallace that you're blind to the most glaring facts that nearly everyone else can see and reason with ... maybe its more I do not know since I have not been here long enough to find out first hand but after reading a lot here for the past couple of days I am leaning towards the latter ....

that's all I got say to at this point

it really is not my fault you can't read and understand what you read now is it ? I never said combine numbers where indicative of how one would play in the league anywhere never even hinted at it ... I said do you think Sanders is slow ? then posted facts on how they did on an equal playing field under the same conditions doing the exact same activities as proof that he is not slow ....

as for the rest all I can say is your ...

1) presumptuous
    2) unreasonable
    3) argumentative
    4) and flat out pig headed and this thread proves that ... and I didn't bother to read it all that's how absurd it is

for those reasons I find that it is clearly a waist of time and effort to continue dialog with you on this subject. maybe you have such pent up man love for Wallace that you're blind to the most glaring facts that nearly everyone else can see and reason with ... maybe its more I do not know since I have not been here long enough to find out first hand but after reading a lot here for the past couple of days I am leaning towards the latter ....

that's all I got say to at this point

if the combine wasnt so important to you why would you bring it up and imply it that way? For poops and giggles? lol. and evidence? where? you generalize the facts where it is most convenient for you to make a point. you should bother to read the whole thing if you care about the matter so much. you did take the time to write a paragraph about it didnt you? i made logical and rational points which might disturb you. many of which answer your questions. if theyre hypothetical, let me know and i probably wont answer them. i dont have a man love for wallace, in fact it took me a long time to garner any respect for him. you would have known that if you read my post

I pass the torch to Psycho Ward. It is now his thread! Lol...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I pass the torch to Psycho Ward. It is now his thread! Lol...
    At least you are both of the Ward clan.

So it's only natural...

Dwinsgames

some people fail to understand what an apples to apples comparison is ... with that I digress

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    At least you are both of the Ward clan.
    So it's only natural...
    lol you betcha!